Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,365 members, 7,808,271 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! (23197 Views)

Female Jehovah's Witness Knocks At Man's House, He Opens The Door While Naked / What Death Looks Like. Though Alive, I Went There. / Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! by onila(f): 6:02pm On Apr 23, 2015
I have always been skeptical abt some churches
but being abroad for a while
I became open minded all of a sudden

One day after an exam, I went to the mall
looking all tired and depressed

oh well, JW preachers approached me and invited me to their church
I didnt mind because I havent been to church for like 6 months
I gave them my address
on sunday, one of their members came to pick me up

so far, it has been a good experience
JW pple are some of the nicest pple I have met
very welcoming and friendly

its nice experiencing other pples way of Life

grateful

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! by Keziehenry(m): 6:04pm On Apr 23, 2015
Okay continue
Re: I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! by onila(f): 6:04pm On Apr 23, 2015
it will be rude
If I say I will never be a member

I kinda find them too strict
I dont think, I will be a devoted member of ... ..
Re: I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! by Mrval20(m): 6:07pm On Apr 23, 2015
And you've been 'in abroad' for a while.

Okay.

1 Like

Re: I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! by kliq(m): 6:21pm On Apr 23, 2015
Repent
Re: I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! by onila(f): 6:25pm On Apr 23, 2015
kliq:
Repent
Re: I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! by kliq(m): 6:28pm On Apr 23, 2015
onila:

Sister Onila Heaven is real

tongue
Re: I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! by onila(f): 6:30pm On Apr 23, 2015
kliq:

Sister Onila Heaven is real

tongue
undecided

1 Like

Re: I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! by since1914(m): 6:39pm On Apr 23, 2015
onila:

I gave them my address

grateful

Though am not exactly very big on religion, but I must confess I was pleasantly surprised, the first time I attended a Jehova's Witness service in Scandicci, Florence. I first went there out of curiosity, after one of their members pestered me relentlessly. The services were very simple and short, and consisted mainly of a few prayers, short talk and hymns sang by every one. I had a nice experience there, and I met very nice people too, I also loved the environment, it had well manicured lawns with beautiful flowers. I ended up attending three more services. But I don't know if their services follow the same pattern here in Nigeria, considering that our approach to religion here is usually different.

3 Likes

Re: I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! by kliq(m): 6:47pm On Apr 23, 2015
onila:
undecided

Cheer up ok cheesy
Re: I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! by onila(f): 6:48pm On Apr 23, 2015
since1914:

Though am not exactly very big on religion, but I must confess I was pleasantly surprised, the first time I attended a Jehova's Witness service in Scandicci, Florence. I first went there out of curiosity, after one of their members pestered me relentlessly. The services were very simple and short, and consisted mainly of hymns sang by every one, and few prayers. I had a nice experience there, and I met very nice people too, I also loved the environment, it had well manicured lawns with beautiful flowers. I ended up attending three more services. But I don't know if their services follow the same pattern here in Nigeria, considering that our approach to religion here is usually different.

their services are short
just one hour
which I like

They focus more on bible study than prayer like Pentecostal churches which I also like
its a nice church but just too strict for me

no birthday party undecided
no valentine undecided

argghh

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! by onila(f): 6:50pm On Apr 23, 2015
kliq:

Cheer up ok cheesy
tongue

1 Like

Re: I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! by firestar(f): 7:00pm On Apr 23, 2015
since1914:

Though am not exactly very big on religion, but I must confess I was pleasantly surprised, the first time I attended a Jehova's Witness service in Scandicci, Florence. I first went there out of curiosity, after one of their members pestered me relentlessly. The services were very simple and short, and consisted mainly of a few prayers, short talk and hymns sang by every one. I had a nice experience there, and I met very nice people too, I also loved the environment, it had well manicured lawns with beautiful flowers. I ended up attending three more services. But I don't know if their services follow the same pattern here in Nigeria, considering that our approach to religion here is usually different.

It is the same worldwide.
You can attend one nearest to you here in Nigeria.

Onila chérie, ça va?

4 Likes

Re: I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! by grandstar(m): 10:03pm On Apr 23, 2015
since1914:

It does. Virtually no difference!

3 Likes

Re: I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! by tpiadotcom: 1:12am On Apr 24, 2015
waiting for part 2 of the story . . . . . .
Re: I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! by Nobody: 2:13am On Apr 24, 2015
onila:

I gave them my address

grateful
lng u gone to church? wonder why u say ur are a V. the other 9 elements are in you
Re: I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! by onila(f): 2:42am On Apr 24, 2015
runzlord:
lng u gone to church? wonder why u say ur are a V. the other 9 elements are in you

1 Like

Re: I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! by paulGrundy(m): 6:58am On Apr 24, 2015
onila:

I gave them my address

grateful

Hmm. I trust you had a nice experience. If I may ask what did you particularly find interesting about them?
Re: I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! by Saharablavi(f): 7:40am On Apr 24, 2015
Is same everywhere

gh am not exactly very big on religion, but I must confess I was pleasantly surprised, the first time I attended a Jehova's Witness service in Scandicci, Florence. I first went there out of curiosity, after one of their members pestered me relentlessly. The services were very simple and short, and consisted mainly of a few prayers, short talk and hymns sang by every one. I had a nice experience there, and I met very nice people too, I also loved the environment, it had well manicured lawns with beautiful flowers. I ended up attending three more services. But I don't know if their services follow the same pattern here in Nigeria, considering that our approach to religion here is usually different. [/quote]

2 Likes

Re: I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! by Nobody: 10:49am On Apr 24, 2015
onila:
it was nt 4 u to understand
Re: I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! by gazilion: 11:16am On Apr 24, 2015
Dear Onila, please run and come out from among them lest you get falsely indoctrinated beyond redemption!
It is so serious an issue, it has to do with your soul both here and in eternity.
You do not want to make this mistake only to open your eyes in eternity for TRUTH DISCOVERED TOO LATE.

"Eternal life is worth a life's battle. To escape the hurt of the second death is a thing worth fighting for throughout a lifetime" - CH Spurgeon.

Gazilion

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! by onila(f): 12:28pm On Apr 24, 2015
gazilion:
Dear Onila, please run and come out from among them lest you get falsely indoctrinated beyond redemption!
It is so serious an issue, it has to do with your soul both here and in eternity.
You do not want to make this mistake only to open your eyes in eternity for TRUTH DISCOVERED TOO LATE.

"Eternal life is worth a life's battle. To escape the hurt of the second death is a thing worth fighting for throughout a lifetime" - CH Spurgeon.

Gazilion
I am not a member
Re: I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! by onila(f): 12:29pm On Apr 24, 2015
firestar:

It is the same worldwide.
You can attend one nearest to you here in Nigeria.

Onila chérie, ça va?
I am good, dear
Re: I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! by Nobody: 12:36pm On Apr 24, 2015
onila:
it will be rude
If I say I will never be a member

I kinda find them too strict
I dont think, I will be a devoted member of ... ..

Keep being open minded. You are commended for honouring the invitation. once you become a witness, you will see how we are all connected to each other no matter what part of the world you are from.

We have a website that tells u about us - www.jw.org

We have a 24hour TV station, running on the internet - tv.jw.org.

We have an app(application), which has our books, websites, different bible translations(eg KJV, ASV, etc). it is called JWLibrary app. you can get it on google play store free of charge. OR you go to the bottom of jw.org.

We have another app that teaches many foreign languages to assist us learn a new language so as to preach to others who don't speak our language. It is called JWLanguage app. also in google play store free of charge.

If u talk of unity, think no where else than JWs. We seek to stick to what is written always. Some consider it as being strict, but it is not. If u love God and desire to do His will, you will enjoy being a member. if u don't have the heart to obey Jehovah u may find it hard to stay, but this is a gradual process, Jehovah can reform us to what He wants if we are willing.

We all know that if we take liberties and live our lives the way we like, it does not show love for God 1John 5:3. And we also know that when we ignore bible principles, there is no way all mankind can come together, live in peace, and achieve God's purpose. It was in fact the neglect of God's command by Adam that landed us here. He neglected what some may liken as menial sin.

Any country without a law will fail, and any country with a law they don't obey individually, will also crumble. We are trained now on how to live forever in the new world.

You can know more about us by accepting a free home bible study, which can also be done through a video call (eg skipe), or any other electronic media one on one.

The one who invited u can give u a lead on more info. Dont access any other site with hope of getting authoritative info about us. Use the ones I gave above.

Be sure that the witnesses are people who love Jehovah's word and sticks to it. I was not born in that religion, and as yet, am the only one from my family who is a witness. You can only hate them if u elevate ur human standard of what is right above God's. Because they don't go along what humans think, but what God thinks, people hate them. People want those who will tell them what they want to hear. Witnesses don't offer that.

People can speak about them any how, but when u invite them for a bible consideration of the subject - time and again, they are shown to be biased noise makers. Some do not even know the full detail of what they are taught, not to mention, disproving our stand.

You are welcome sir.

8 Likes

Re: I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! by BIBLESPEAKS(m): 8:53am On Apr 25, 2015
onila:

I gave them my address

grateful

It is noteworthy to mention that many people here in Nigeria who are indifferent to JW's or even hate them will very likely be more welcoming and open-minded when they travel to other countries and see JW's. This is not because JW's in Nigeria are different from their worlwide brothers, but because people perhaps get a clearer picture of Jw's when they visit other countries where JW's are present.

This happened to a friend of mine recently when he went to the UK for his Msc. While in Nigeria, he wsnt open to the idea of studying with JW's much less attending our meetings. While in the UK, I urged him to locate a kingdom hall and attend his first meeting. He attended after some months and he's had a different perception about JW's. This is not to say everyone who will appreciate JW's in Nigeria must travel outside the country to witness their work, but if people can just loosen up a little about their view of JW's.

Be more open minded with JW's. Start with listening to them and find out why they are different and what they believe and why they believe such. And if u're invited to the kingdom hall, try Ít out. Attending the kingdom hall dsnt make u a JW. You just may be satisfied with your experience just like Onila.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! by oyewolestephen(m): 9:09am On Apr 25, 2015
Have once visited the kingdom hall after heavy invitation by them in fact I really like the way their services are being organised compare to other churches. If I were to be going to church I will consider going to jehovah witness

5 Likes

Re: I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 1:48pm On Apr 25, 2015
God forbids

1 Like

Re: I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! by onila(f): 2:06pm On Apr 25, 2015
paulGrundy:

Hmm. I trust you had a nice experience. If I may ask what did you particularly find interesting about them?
very nice

nicest pple I have met

once one a JW member or even when you are not even baptized to be a member like me
you are still treated like family
JW is just like another family you can have apart from yr real family

once I started going to their church
they always came to my house
they picked me up for picnics, family trips, community trips, dinner during the week

never felt so loved by friends in my life

when my mother came to see me over here during summer
she visited the church with me

my mother perception of Jehovah witnesses changed instantly
when my mother went back to Nigeria
whenever JW members came to preach, she welcomed them into our home
before she used to drive them away grin

my mother was so grateful because I am the only one here, well my sister just came
wasnt easy me being here without family
but the JW members took care of me

as you can see, fantastic experience smiley

8 Likes

Re: I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! by onila(f): 2:06pm On Apr 25, 2015
CAMNEWTON4PRES:
God forbids
undecided
Re: I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! by onila(f): 2:26pm On Apr 25, 2015
BIBLESPEAKS:

It is noteworthy to mention that many people here in Nigeria who are indifferent to JW's or even hate them will very likely be more welcoming and open-minded when they travel to other countries and see JW's. This is not because JW's in Nigeria are different from their worlwide brothers, but because people perhaps get a clearer picture of Jw's when they visit other countries where JW's are present.

This happened to a friend of mine recently when he went to the UK for his Msc. While in Nigeria, he wsnt open to the idea of studying with JW's much less attending our meetings. While in the UK, I urged him to locate a kingdom hall and attend his first meeting. He attended after some months and he's had a different perception about JW's. This is not to say everyone who will appreciate JW's in Nigeria must travel outside the country to witness their work, but if people can just loosen up a little about their view of JW's.

Be more open minded with JW's. Start with listening to them and find out why they are different and what they believe and why they believe such. And if u're invited to the kingdom hall, try Ít out. Attending the kingdom hall dsnt make u a JW. You just may be satisfied with your experience just like Onila.

yea true

in Nigeria, I used to think JW were just somehow
the few JW churches I saw in Nigeria were very small
I remember one near my former house in Nigeria was near a bush and they sat down on cement blocks tongue

but the one I visited here, was located in a nice neighbourhood
very nice, expensive building unlike the one I saw in Nigeria

I also attended yr annual major conference where 7 to 8 JW churches come to together in a bigger hall in the big city
it was a wonderful event
u get to see other witnesses from other places
the new members who have completed the bible study and passed the test or exam become baptized

it was fun

I moved to another city
I will soon contact my friends I met there, I owe them a visit again

3 Likes

Re: I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! by onila(f): 2:29pm On Apr 25, 2015
maybe in Nigeria
we just accept anything foreign when we go abroad undecided

I have also made seventh day Adventists friends but not open minded abt them
not comfortable abt the Saturday stuffs
Re: I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! by Nobody: 2:35pm On Apr 25, 2015
I want to visit Igieduma....sad
Any Jehova witness on Nairaland willing to be my tour guide?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

10 Reasons Why You Should Start Attending Sunday Schools This 2016 / "My Hero": Lizzy Johnson Suleman Releases Love Song For Apostle Suleman (Video) / There's More Than One Jesus In Bible According To Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.