Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:04 AM

I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! (23191 Views)

Female Jehovah's Witness Knocks At Man's House, He Opens The Door While Naked / What Death Looks Like. Though Alive, I Went There. / Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! by firestar(f): 8:07pm On Apr 27, 2015
fellis:

If I want to come I'll have to do it during the weekend. I can't make it during weekdays cos of job hours.
Firestar are you offering to act as my guide? grin smiley smiley smiley

That's understandable. I work too.
I want to re-visit Igeiduma again just to see the tame wildlife. smiley

I'll keep you posted chérie.
Re: I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! by Nobody: 8:13pm On Apr 27, 2015
firestar:

That's understandable. I work too.
I want to re-visit Igeiduma again just to see the tame wildlife. smiley

I'll keep you posted chérie.
kk thanks smiley

1 Like

Re: I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! by Nobody: 11:16pm On Apr 27, 2015
johnw74:

I already told you, I will tell you again, look back for the posts, like it or not.

Eight times now.

Yours is the badnews, not the True Gospel of Jesus Christ at all.
The main part of the True Gospel of Jesus Christ is that God became man.
Not a god became man, that is false doctrine to put it very mildly.

I have said I know what jw told me,
but you can only continue in your untruthful way, in lies, as you say.

Ha ha again, you scare.

You go anywhere you want, I don't follow you.

I agree with you that those in jw are marked.
jw is among that false religion, babylon the great.

So pls do not reply to my post if you are not ready to discuss those lies of yours.
Re: I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! by Nobody: 11:50pm On Apr 27, 2015
BEHOLD he is now discussing with me, when he said he won't. Thank God for ur life. I see u just ignore the topics u know u won't be able to prove biblically.

johnw74:

You search back to the thread where I said we are saved by Grace through faith,
and then look for jw post saying works are also needed.

If u are a murderer, will u be saved?

If Paul did not pummel himself as he stated in 1cor 9:27, will he be saved?

What do u understand from james 2:17?

I say once saved Christians do good works or rather Christ works in us,
but we are saved by grace through Faith.
Scripture is right, jw is wrong again.

Sir are u now bringing in works?

So what if they don't do good works, will they be saved?

You make Jesus a false god all day and every day when jw say Jesus Christ is not the True God,
there is only One True God, and the Word was with God = two persons, and the Word was God = One God.
I won't mention the Holy Spirit, you cannot digest the milk, you would choke on the meat.

jw say Jesus Christ is "a god"
but there are many god's and only One True God,
if only One God be true, then all others have to be false,
so jw say Jesus Christ is a false God.

God called some people "gods" at Psalm 82:6. Sir do u think this people are false gods?
Re: I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! by johnw74: 1:10am On Apr 28, 2015
JMAN05:

So pls do not reply to my post if you are not ready to discuss those lies of yours.

It's an ugly spirit that calls Truth lies,
but then you even do it to God's scriptures,
I'm in excellent company.
Re: I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! by johnw74: 1:17am On Apr 28, 2015
JMAN05:
BEHOLD he is now discussing with me, when he said he won't. Thank God for ur life. I see u just ignore the topics u know u won't be able to prove biblically.

The Truth seems impossible for jw.
I have told you about nine times now and still you lie.

copy and paste
johnw74: I don't have discussion with those who reject scriptures and change them.

What you think is proof is false doctrine from your changed bible.

I post for my own pleasure, and hopefully some good for someone.

So for about the seventh time I will not be wasting time discussing your false beliefs with you,
but I may from time to time continue to show up some of your wrongs.
Re: I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! by nifton(m): 1:34am On Apr 28, 2015
BIBLESPEAKS:

Its such a pity that u've reduced yourself to this shameful course. Onila isn't saying that she wants to be a JW, she told us how she visited the kingdom hall and experienced the love that exists among JW. U're bringing up that website were disgruntled ex-JW say anything to discredit the organisation. So u cnt handle the fact that someone appreciates the witnesses? Then buckle up for disappointment. Isaiah 60:22

Even you should know by now that truth is like a light, it can not be hidden. Sincere people will always see the light regardless what people like you do.
First century christians faced mountainlike challenges yet they scaled through and apostasy probably was one of dem.Its coming to fruition of Bible prophecy abt the last days and even at dat,rightly disposed individuals wil definitely be drawn by Jehovah to serve him and be in line for the real life.
Re: I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! by johnw74: 1:35am On Apr 28, 2015
Jud 1:9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

Michael asked the lord to rebuke the devil, the lord is God.
If Michael was the Word of God who became Jesus Christ, he wouldn't have to ask God to rebuke satan, for the Word is God.
Michael is an angel,
the Word is God, who became Jesus Christ.
Re: I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! by johnw74: 1:52am On Apr 28, 2015
http://www.jwfacts.com

About JWfacts

JWfacts makes it as simple as possible to determine if Jehovah's Witnesses have "the truth."

Since its 1879 inception, Watchtower has preached "the End" is soon, originally predicting it would occur in 1914 and then 1925. This claim was subsequently adjusted to say the End will be very shortly, culminating in billions of humans being killed at God's war of Armageddon.

The teaching that the Last Days started in 1914 is fundamental to the existence of the Watchtower Society, based on Jerusalem being destroyed in 607 B.C. However, all evidence proves Jerusalem to have fallen in 587 B.C., removing any basis for this Watchtower doctrine, and hence the reliant one that the Watchtower Governing Body was chosen in 1919. This is but one of many flaws of Watchtower interpretation regarding the Seven Times of Daniel 4.

Continue reading http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/607-7-times.php

Watchtower has promoted six different explanations for "this generation" of Matthew 24:34. Many Witnesses based their life choices on the generation doctrine that Armageddon would arrive before all those born prior to 1914 had died. The irrational 2010 change to an "overlapping" generation can be seen as a desperate attempt to ignite urgency in Jehovah's Witnesses. Can an organization that makes ongoing critical doctrinal errors rightfully claim to be directed by God?

Follow the remarkable history of this doctrine through over 100 years of Watchtower quotes, and see how the Governing Body continued to adjust the teaching in order to make Jehovah's Witnesses think the end would take place within a few years.

Continue reading http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/generation.php

1 Like

Re: I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! by paulGrundy(m): 7:06am On Apr 28, 2015
^^^ Good job bro, keep it up. smiley
Re: I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! by johnw74: 1:08am On Apr 29, 2015
http://www.jwfacts.com/

Doomsday Quotes

There have been no end of false predictions of the world's end for over a century.

"But bear in mind that the end of 1914 is not the date for the beginning, but for the end of the time of trouble." Zion's Watch Tower 1894 Jul 15 p.226
"Our thought is, that 1925 is definitely settled by the Scriptures. As to Noah, the Christian now has much more upon which to base his faith then Noah had upon which to base his faith in a coming deluge." Watch Tower 1923 Apr 1 p.106
"... the remaining months before Armageddon." Watchtower 1941 Sep 15 p.288
"Shortly, within our twentieth century, the "battle in the day of Jehovah" will begin against the modern antitype of Jerusalem, Christendom." The Nations Shall Know That I Am Jehovah p.216
http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/favourite-quotes.php

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yet more failed prophecy, from those who teach Jesus is an angel, "a" god.
Re: I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! by Nobody: 4:05am On Apr 29, 2015
johnw74:

The Truth seems impossible for jw.
I have told you about nine times now and still you lie.

copy and paste

U still went along to reply me, when u now saw a proof against ur lies, u brought back ur statement.

The problem. is that u can't defend ur lies.
Re: I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! by johnw74: 12:34am On Apr 30, 2015
JMAN05:

U still went along to reply me, when u now saw a proof against ur lies, u brought back ur statement.

The problem. is that u can't defend ur lies.

Wow, now that's confusion.

When I have said you are being untruthful, it's because that is true.
But now jw copycat saying I lie.

What a weak spirit.

If you go here http://www.jwfacts.com/ you will see that lies appear to be inherent in jw.

1 Like

Re: I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! by johnw74: 12:41am On Apr 30, 2015

Quotes regarding Women

Watchtower is a patriarchal society that believes women are lesser than men. Women cannot be teachers in the congregation and must consider spiritual brothers and their husbands to be their heads. Most damaging are quotes regarding how women may have deserved being beaten or raped, and even that being raped could be considered as having committed the sin of fornication.

"Thus if a Christian woman does not cry out and does not put forth every effort to flee, she would be viewed as consenting to the violation." Watchtower 1964 Jan 15 p.63
"So by no means would it be proper quietly to submit to rape, as that would be consenting to fornication." Watchtower 1968 Jun 1 pp.345-50

1 Like

Re: I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! by RikoduoSennin(m): 11:50am On Apr 30, 2015
johnw74:

Quotes regarding Women

Watchtower is a patriarchal society that believes women are lesser than men.

Yet many of JW Pioneer ranks are Women,Even when women are more numerous than the males in the congregations or organisation at large.

Show me a JW male who thinks women are lesser than men?

johnw74:

Women cannot be teachers in the congregation and must consider spiritual brothers and their husbands to be their heads.

1 Corinthians 14:32-35 "....as in ALL THE CHURCHES OF THE SAINTS, the women SHOULD KEEP SILENCE IN THE CHURCHES. For they are NOT PERMITTED TO SPEAK, but SHOULD BE SUBORIDINATE as even the law says. If there is anything they desire to know, let them ASK THEIR HUSBANDS AT HOME. FOR IT IS SHAMEFUL FOR A WOMAN TO SPEAK IN CHURCH "

1 Timothy 2:11-14 " let a woman learn in silence WITH ALL SUBMISSIVE. I permit NO WOMAN TO TEACH OR HAVE AUTHORITY OVER MEN; She is to keep silent, for Adam was form first then Eve: and Adam was not deceived but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor "

1 Corinthians 11:3 " but I want you to understand that the Head of every man is Christ, THE HEAD OF A WOMAN IS HER HUSBAND, and the Head of Christ is God "

Decide for yourself!

NB: Have you ever attended ANY JW meeting or Gathering? Or are you quoting base on hearsay?

johnw74:

Most damaging are quotes regarding how women may have deserved being beaten or raped, and even that being raped could be considered as having committed the sin of fornication.

Comments made my Apostates, opposers and ridiculers.

Do JW beat or rape or mistreat women without any Judicial Hearing and Appropriate Disciplinary measures?

johnw74:

"Thus if a Christian woman does not cry out and does not put forth every effort to flee, she would be viewed as consenting to the violation." Watchtower 1964 Jan 15 p.63
"So by no means would it be proper quietly to submit to rape, as that would be consenting to fornication." Watchtower 1968 Jun 1 pp.345-50

You should have quoted Deuteronomy 22:23-27 also;

" if there is a betrothed virgin and a man meets her IN THE CITY and lies with her, then you shall bring them both out to the gate of the city and you shall stone them to death with stones, THE YOUNG WOMAN BECAUSE 'SHE DID NOT CRY FOR HELP' THOUGH SHE WAS IN THE CITY, and the man because he violated his neighbour's wife: so you shall purge the evil from the midst of you. But if in the OPEN COUNTRY a man meets a young woman who is betrothed and the man seizes her and lies with her, then ONLY the man who lay with her shall die, but to the young woman you shall do nothing; IN THE YOUNG WOMAN THERE IS NO OFFENCE punishable by death for this case is like that of a man attacking and murdering his neighbour; BECAUSE HE CAME UPON HER IN THE OPEN COUNTRY and THOUGH SHE 'CRIED FOR HELP' THERE WAS NO ONE TO RESCUE HER"

1 Like

Re: I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! by johnw74: 12:16pm On Apr 30, 2015

Watchtower 2011, Oct 1 & Nov 1
The October and November 1st 2011 Watchtower attempt to prove that Jerusalem fell in 607, rather than the historically accepted 587. Click here http://www.jwfacts.com/pdf/carl-olof-jonsson-when-jerusalem-destroyed.pdf for Carl Jonsson's brilliant examination in PDF format, which shows the intellectual dishonesty of the Watchtower by including inaccurate information and misquotes.

A person should be realistic about the ability of the Watchtower Society to interpret prophecy. To date there has been a proven time prophecy failure rate of 100%. As shown in the Dates section http://jwfacts.com/watchtower/1800s.php, the Watchtower used Bible prophecy to explain that the following dates were of significance; 1780, 1799, 1829, 1844, 1846, 1872, 1874, 1875, 1878, 1880, 1881, 1891, 1906, 1910, 1915, 1920, 1921 and 1925. Every single one of these interpretations is now admitted as wrong. Even 1914 and 1918 were not fulfilled as expected and subsequently reinterpreted after the event. This does not inspire confidence that Holy Spirit guides Watchtower prophetic interpretation, or that current understanding of 1914 is correct.
Re: I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! by johnw74: 12:33pm On Apr 30, 2015

Watchtower Child Abuse Policies

Barbara Anderson's Secrets of Pedophilia in an American Religion
Watchtower is coming under increasing scrutiny for how they have dealt with pedophiles. This culminated in 2012 with the case Candice Jane Doe vs Watchtower, with Watchtower losing a record judgement of $28 million dollars. This article explains Watchtower policy regarding child abuse, and how these policies have provided protection for known pedophiles to continue offending within congregations.

Continue reading ...http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/about-jwfacts.php
Re: I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! by johnw74: 12:55pm On Apr 30, 2015
Paul Grundy, feel free to answer any questions directed at me concerning jwfacts.com if you want to.
It doesn't matter though, they don't believe anything except what they are told to believe anyway.
Apparently they don't even question what was written in their own mags

jw is posting jwfacts.com quotes in my name, nothing new in that dishonesty though,
when jw lie he is speaking naturally.
He is doing it because he fears questioning you, and getting questions from you, you apostates must be fearsome people. smiley

Jesus said to jw pharisee:
Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Re: I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! by paulGrundy(m): 1:26pm On Apr 30, 2015
johnw74:

Paul Grundy, feel free to answer any questions directed at me concerning jwfacts.com if you want to.
It doesn't matter though, they don't believe anything except what they are told to believe anyway.
Apparently they don't even question what was written in their own mags

Thats the power of religious cults bro they use fear and guilt to manipulate their members. All jws in nairaland know that the watchtower is lieing to them. They just only allow sentiments which is heavily laced with guilt and fear of armaggedon to close their eyes to the truth.

To me, this topic is the most important in jwfacts.com

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/fear-cult-mind-control.php

^^^ it will show you how the watchtower leaders manipulate followers. It will also help you understand why JMAN05 and BIBLESPEAKS closes their eyes to biblical truths, and believes every garbage that comes out of watchtower and awake! Without questioning it
Re: I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! by paulGrundy(m): 1:33pm On Apr 30, 2015
RikoduoSennin:

Yet many of JW Pioneer ranks are Women,Even when women are more numerous than the males in the congregations or organisation at large

"So by no means would it be proper quietly to submit To Molest, as that would be consenting to fornication." Watchtower 1968 Jun 1 pp.345-50.

^^ are these quotes correct? Yes or no?

note: quotes can be verified @ wol.jw.org or jw.org

If yes, (off-course its correct) then stop making excuses for the watchtower. Has a woman ever been an elder? Has a woman ever been a governing body member?

Keep on decieving yourself. Mtcheeew
Re: I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! by johnw74: 1:46pm On Apr 30, 2015

Fear and Mind Control

No one joins a cult. No one joins something they think is going to hurt them. You join a religious organization, you join a political organization, and you join with people you really like.
Jonestown survivor
Religion has the power to manipulate humans to believe unrealistic doctrine and engage in destructive behaviour. Examples are:

Members of suicide cults and suicide bombers that sacrifice their own life and kill innocent members of the public
Parents that allow their child to die refusing medical treatments
Mothers and fathers that are instructed to shun their own children, or children that shun their parents and siblings for life, due to a difference of opinion over religion or morals
This section condenses a vast volume of research into political and religious control techniques in an effort to explain such behaviour. These techniques are then compared with Watchtower practices. Finally the emotional affects on members are examined, particular for those that try to leave such an organization. I consider this article as the most important on this site.

"All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not." Watchtower 2013 Nov 15 p.20
A critically important concept for one of Jehovah's Witnesses to realise is that they are not unique; neither in doctrinal beliefs, displays of love or techniques of control. The main indicators of mind control is any group that maintains;

leadership deserves strict, unquestioning obedience
they alone are unique in teaching truth
salvation is only possible through association with the group
dissenters must be strictly shunned
Sites dedicated to cult awareness suggest that there are over 3,000 organizations in America alone that fit such descriptions and 10,000 globally. These range from groups with a handful of followers, to those with millions. The Watchtower Society perfectly aligns with this description and as such is classified as a "high control group" appearing on most cult awareness lists.
Continue reading...http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/fear-cult-mind-control.php
Re: I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! by johnw74: 1:52pm On Apr 30, 2015
paulGrundy:

Thats the power of religious cults bro they use fear and guilt to manipulate their members. All jws in nairaland know that the watchtower is lieing to them. They just only allow sentiments which is heavily laced with guilt and fear of armaggedon to close their eyes to the truth.

To me, this topic is the most important in jwfacts.com

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/fear-cult-mind-control.php

^^^ it will show you how the watchtower leaders manipulate followers. It will also help you understand why JMAN05 and BIBLESPEAKS closes their eyes to biblical truths, and believes every garbage that comes out of watchtower and awake! Without questioning it

And their closing their eyes to the truth is what will land them there.
Re: I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! by johnw74: 2:01pm On Apr 30, 2015
Re: I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! by paulGrundy(m): 2:06pm On Apr 30, 2015
johnw74:

And their closing their eyes to the truth is what will land them there.

My thoughts exactly, I can recant on two occasions where JMAN05 and BIBLESPEAKS admitted to facts overtly and covertly, After exposing to them the lies in the watchtower magazine and showing them the truth.

What baffles me is how they still hold on tenaciously to those lies.
Re: I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! by johnw74: 12:52am On May 01, 2015
paulGrundy:

My thoughts exactly, I can recant on two occasions where JMAN05 and BIBLESPEAKS admitted to facts overtly and covertly, After exposing to them the lies in the watchtower magazine and showing them the truth.

What baffles me is how they still hold on tenaciously to those lies.

When people are shown the Truth and continue to reject it, then God rejects them.

2Co 4:1 Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not;
2Co 4:2 But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.
2Co 4:3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
2Co 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
Re: I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! by johnw74: 3:04am On May 01, 2015
johnw74:

Quotes regarding Women

Watchtower is a patriarchal society that believes women are lesser than men. Women cannot be teachers in the congregation and must consider spiritual brothers and their husbands to be their heads. Most damaging are quotes regarding how women may have deserved being beaten or raped, and even that being raped could be considered as having committed the sin of fornication.

I don't believe that women should be teachers in the congregation,
scripture backs that position.
Re: I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! by johnw74: 5:47am On May 01, 2015

Blood Transfusions

Jehovah's Witnesses are to refuse blood transfusions on the belief that the Bible forbids use of blood under any circumstance. Awake! 1994 May 22 p.2 admits that children of Jehovah's Witnesses have been losing their lives in support of this doctrine. The Watchtower stance is not only dangerous, but unscriptural and plagued with logical inconsistencies.

Continue reading ...http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/blood-transfusions.php
Re: I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! by RikoduoSennin(m): 12:03pm On May 01, 2015
johnw74:

Watchtower Child Abuse Policies

Barbara Anderson's Secrets of Pedophilia in an American Religion
Watchtower is coming under increasing scrutiny for how they have dealt with pedophiles. This culminated in 2012 with the case Candice Jane Doe vs Watchtower, with Watchtower losing a record judgement of $28 million dollars. This article explains Watchtower policy regarding child abuse, and how these policies have provided protection for known pedophiles to continue offending within congregations.

Continue reading ...http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/about-jwfacts.php

@bold Section :

Name one Serious JW you know who is a paedophile.

JW is among the few organisation that disciples people for Fornication not to mention paedophilia.

Such DISHONEST does not merit any further response- continue with your misconceptions about JW. Carry on as you wish.

Thank you for derailing this thread! I'm out!
Re: I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! by Nobody: 12:48pm On May 01, 2015
RikoduoSennin:

@bold Section :

Name one Serious JW you know who is a paedophile.

JW is among the few organisation that disciples people for Fornication not to mention paedophilia.

Such DISHONEST does not merit any further response- continue with your misconceptions about JW. Carry on as you wish.

Just ignore them with there lies. Those who wants to know the truth, goes to jw.org. But if they believe lies instead of truth, let them be.

If someone wants to know why we believe what we do, we know how they ll behave
Re: I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! by johnw74: 12:50pm On May 01, 2015
RikoduoSennin:

The thread is about jw,
my posts are about jw,

don't slam the door on your way out.
Re: I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! by johnw74: 1:28pm On May 01, 2015
JMAN05:

Those who wants to know the truth, goes to jw.org.

Only a deluded or ignorant person would believe that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Notorious tragedies On Christmas day / There's More Than One Jesus In Bible According To Bible / 10 Reasons Why You Should Start Attending Sunday Schools This 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.