Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

Are You A 90's Baby? - Gaming (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Are You A 90's Baby? (38707 Views)

Cool Video Games We Played In The 90's!!! Add Yours / Earn $1 Every 90 Seconds Or $55 Daily Online / Download Your Free Pdf Ebook On How To Make N15, 000 Online In 90 Minutes Or Les (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You A 90's Baby? by namo(m): 11:00pm On Apr 23, 2015
iyke926:
Yes oo

I started with ENDING MAN(8-BIT)....Played Duck Hunt, Mario,Contra then later bought SEGA MEGA DRIVE(16-Bit).. played sonic, Mortal Kombat, Sunset Riders, WWE, grin..Can still remember some MK codes and killer moves....I had a book for those codes.

grin grin grin
fatality : up up up down punch up abi grin grin

1 Like

Re: Are You A 90's Baby? by Bowaley17(m): 11:24pm On Apr 23, 2015
#gameboyRocks... Good old days...
Re: Are You A 90's Baby? by RexioKlasik(m): 11:28pm On Apr 23, 2015
Life is good when it goes gradually... from ending man for sega to ps from then,i gave up until fifa 14...chai!
Re: Are You A 90's Baby? by tablu: 11:32pm On Apr 23, 2015
Nah 80's chiidren enjoy dis tin pass
Re: Are You A 90's Baby? by nollyway(m): 11:34pm On Apr 23, 2015
ma fam com suffered in moms wardrope den grin..
Re: Are You A 90's Baby? by ethylene: 11:51pm On Apr 23, 2015
iyke926:
Yes oo

I started with ENDING MAN(8-BIT)....Played Duck Hunt, Mario,Contra then later bought SEGA MEGA DRIVE(16-Bit).. played sonic, Mortal Kombat, Sunset Riders, WWE, grin..Can still remember some MK codes and killer moves....I had a book for those codes.
I challenge you to a Mortal Kombat
I win, I take your book of killer codes. deal? grin
Re: Are You A 90's Baby? by ethylene: 11:54pm On Apr 23, 2015
coogar:

PS is 1994.
i think i got mine as a gift in autumn 1995. as at then, i thought there would never be a better invention. then PS2 blew me out of the water.
wat wia you doing in the water .... Fishing or ? grin
Re: Are You A 90's Baby? by onimcee1(m): 12:02am On Apr 24, 2015
I cnt find HOT MUSIC there
Re: Are You A 90's Baby? by Nobody: 12:02am On Apr 24, 2015
ethylene:

I challenge you to a Mortal Kombat
I win, I take your book of killer codes. deal? grin
#Shao Khanz voice# Don't make me laugh. I'll give you a flawless victory and send you down to Scorpionz lair.
Re: Are You A 90's Baby? by Nobody: 12:03am On Apr 24, 2015
family comp. (nintendo), super nintendo, game boy and play station... those were the days when my life was so simple... smiley
Re: Are You A 90's Baby? by Emperorone(m): 12:08am On Apr 24, 2015
cool yes oooo #gameboynitendo
Re: Are You A 90's Baby? by ethylene: 12:35am On Apr 24, 2015
iyke926:

#Shao Khanz voice# Don't make me laugh. I'll give you a flawless victory and send you down to Scorpionz lair.
Player one half blood and still you wont beat me. Do not underestimate subzero's ability. Think am lying, Ask Motaro .****laughing ****in jAx's voice grin
Re: Are You A 90's Baby? by frisby: 1:00am On Apr 24, 2015
iyke926:
Yes oo

Every true gamer had the book bro grin
And carried it everywhere too, you never know where you'd run into a GURU.
There was no Internet to surf for cheats-n-codes then.

Although my first console was also "ending man" (that was after years with just the "brick game" handheld of course)

Duck hunt, CONTRA and Hoggan's alley were a delight!
Couldn't afford lots of game cartridges, so I did mad justice to the in-built games. Hurdles nd the rest. The soccer was ...LMAO! .. I just recalled the funky graphics.

I later got the SMD II. And those were my best gaming days.
You wouldn't imagine how many days I went without lunch, just to save for SEGA MEGA DRIVE II
It was well worth it. Spent so much time time with SUNSET RIDERS. I was always "BILLY". My bro preferred the other character.
There were also golden axe, sonic and international superstar soccer (not FIFA or PES)

GOD bless the white man for putting their intellects to use. They have come a long way in such little time. I pray our Generation of Nigerians would make a change. Life is more than just about making money. It's about leaving an impact on the younger generation.

1 Like

Re: Are You A 90's Baby? by ethylene: 1:34am On Apr 24, 2015
frisby:

Although my first console was also "ending man" (that was after years with just the "brick game" handheld of course)

Couldn't afford lots of game cartridges, so I did mad justice to the in-built games. Hurdles nd the rest. The soccer was ...LMAO! .. I just recalled the funky graphics.

You wouldn't imagine how many days I went without lunch, just to save for SEGA MEGA DRIVE II
It was well worth it. Spent so much time time with SUNSET RIDERS. I was always "BILLY". My bro preferred the other character.
There were also golden axe, sonic and international superstar soccer (not FIFA or PES)

GOD bless the white man for putting their intellects to use. They have come a long way in such little time. I pray our Generation of Nigerians would make a change. Life is more than just about making money. It's about leaving an impact on the younger generation.
Good old memories. Back then, cartridges was a very valuable asset just like stocks. Owing the latest collections of games back then, You could rent out or exchange and even sell. Some of us got scammed by renting bad cartridges that wont work. Only for us to be told that it wont work on our console and pay for a new one if should the guy who rent the cartridge comes back to complain that his stuff aren't working >sad
Re: Are You A 90's Baby? by Nobody: 1:34am On Apr 24, 2015
I played all dis. My first game was terminator II 8bit. From there my acension into games began...the most saddest event of my game days was when I got an Xbox 360,downloaded 18 high definition games...only to forget its stepdown surge box. Got home and out of excitment..turn it on with high volts, and Boom dere goes my Xbox..frying my HDD also
Re: Are You A 90's Baby? by Nobody: 2:30am On Apr 24, 2015
frisby:

Also played international superstar soccer...it was da bomb during the SEGA era. It's like your childhood was mad amazing like mine. Sometimes I think it ain't fun being an adult.

1 Like

Re: Are You A 90's Baby? by TheRealAdonye(m): 2:39am On Apr 24, 2015
Oh Willy Willy.

Dude gave his life to Christ and became a Deacon sef.
If I'm not mistaken, he contested for Governor under a mushroom party in Rivers state.

Adonye Omubo-Pepple. Namesake of life.

bigfrancis21:

Yup. I remember them all. Those were the reigning games of my time. In fact, if you didn't have those games then...boy you no follow. wink

The 90s...the era of willy willy. Shitt, that shitt scared the shit out of me then. While refusing to run and hide inside the room like my younger siblings did, unto big boy wey I be nau cool, I would run and hide behind my father's back in the parlour and be peeping at the TV with one eye and once willy willy does his usual appearance...na so so shout I go shout for the next 5 minutes. grin

Those my young days growing up in port-harcourt and owerri. How time flies. cry
Re: Are You A 90's Baby? by TheRealAdonye(m): 2:41am On Apr 24, 2015
Lol which Book?
The up down up down left down right - SubZero Fatality, etc one?

frisby:

Re: Are You A 90's Baby? by Acebrain28(m): 3:24am On Apr 24, 2015
SEGA mega drive 2SEGA mega drive 2SEGA mega drive 2
Re: Are You A 90's Baby? by Nobody: 3:54am On Apr 24, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Yup. I remember them all. Those were the reigning games of my time. In fact, if you didn't have those games then...boy you no follow. wink

The 90s...the era of willy willy. Shitt, that shitt scared the shit out of me then. While refusing to run and hide inside the room like my younger siblings did, unto big boy wey I be nau cool, I would run and hide behind my father's back in the parlour and be peeping at the TV with one eye and once willy willy does his usual appearance...na so so shout I go shout for the next 5 minutes. grin

Those my young days growing up in port-harcourt and owerri. How time flies. cry
hmmm! Hw tym rili flyz...
Re: Are You A 90's Baby? by Nobody: 4:07am On Apr 24, 2015
So xbox 360 na 90s abi?

Yeye dey smell

UncleSnr:
90's Babies knows this.
Re: Are You A 90's Baby? by pappizeezu: 7:01am On Apr 24, 2015
PS 1 noni, the graphics of d resident evil was superb, d. Soccer fantastic.....
Re: Are You A 90's Baby? by killzone(m): 7:21am On Apr 24, 2015
TheRealAdonye:
Lol which Book?

l Neva kept a book for Mk 9 characters like smoke,quan Chai,raiden,kung Lao my favorite characters in mk9 knew thier fatalities nd special powers in my head
Re: Are You A 90's Baby? by hawk05(m): 7:45am On Apr 24, 2015
Awww

Re: Are You A 90's Baby? by frisby: 7:48am On Apr 24, 2015
ethylene:

Good old memories. Back then, cartridges was a very valuable asset just like stocks. Owing the latest collections of games back then, You could rent out or exchange and even sell. Some of us got scammed by renting bad cartridges that wont work. Only for us to be told that it wont work on our console and pay for a new one if should the guy who rent the cartridge comes back to complain that his stuff aren't working >sad

Oh I got scammed a fair share alright! grin
Re: Are You A 90's Baby? by frisby: 8:02am On Apr 24, 2015
iyke926:

Also played international superstar soccer...it was da bomb during the SEGA era. It's like your childhood was mad amazing like mine. Sometimes I think it ain't fun being an adult.

Naaah...
All the sophistication sucks most of the fun out of life. Simpler days were fun days. These days are just........convenient:

Who would've guessed a time would come when students (boys) won't have to pay their smarter buddies to draft them a "love note"

HOW MANY OF YOU HERE EXPERIENCED THE EXCITEMENT OF UNLOCKING YOUR DESK IN CLASS AND FINDING A "LETTER" HAS BEEN SLIPPED IN BY AN UNKNOWN CRUSH grin

Smh.... simpler times
Re: Are You A 90's Baby? by frisby: 8:04am On Apr 24, 2015
TheRealAdonye:
Lol which Book?

WAS THERE ANY OTHER?? grin

Fatalities, brutalities, friendships, etc
Re: Are You A 90's Baby? by ethylene: 8:21am On Apr 24, 2015
frisby:

Oh I got scammed a fair share alright! grin

Share with us how? smiley
Re: Are You A 90's Baby? by Donpizzle(m): 8:41am On Apr 24, 2015
i playd ps 4 durin my childhood:p
Re: Are You A 90's Baby? by anasey(m): 8:48am On Apr 24, 2015
wow!!! those games were awesome!
Re: Are You A 90's Baby? by realglob(m): 8:48am On Apr 24, 2015
I played all though didn't buy all was borrowing & renting gameboy and Sega till I bought my Sega wen I saved my 3k pocket money in js1 2005, saved more money & bought Ps1 in Js2 and by 2008 Ps1 turned child's play in my street Omagba phase1 Onitsha. The rate at which I was jumping frm all my friend's house 2 another because of ps2 made my parent comteplate buying a Ps2 4 us, by 2009 my Dad got us Ps2 24k, I was already pressing 4 ps3 by 2010/2011 b4 tins fell apart d family is unfortunately "broken" praying dat we come back once again.

I forget this "brickGame" I use plenty of brickGame as young boy in primary sch

Re: Are You A 90's Baby? by Nobody: 11:30am On Apr 24, 2015
I don't see dreamcast and the first nintendo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

UK49 Codes UK 49s Hot And Cold Numbers / Football Manager 2017 PC Official Thread / Is GTA V Likely To Come To Android Very Soon?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.