Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,131 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

how To Keep Your Spirit High When Searching For Job In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / how To Keep Your Spirit High When Searching For Job In Nigeria (16016 Views)

Man Who Graduated With First Class From UK University Cries Out For Job. Photos / Will This Affect Me When Searching For A Job? / 20 Things To Observe When Searching For Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: how To Keep Your Spirit High When Searching For Job In Nigeria by ghostwritter(m): 7:53pm On Apr 24, 2015
LET ME TELL U ALL MY SHORT STORY:
After my youth service and no job for three months, i decided to take a bold step.
One sunny day, i walked into this plastic producing company which i had earlier seen d advert on paper and went directly to d owner, showed him my C.V which was outstanding by d way, told him to let me work for him for FREE for two months (no be sey i desperate o, but i just wanna keep my soul active) which he accepted instantly.
I hadn't worked up to a week when he made me d branch manager to his new site.
That's why i never had d jobless time to complete my stories on d Literature section. It was joblessness dat made me realised i had gat talent for composing horrific stories.
Re: how To Keep Your Spirit High When Searching For Job In Nigeria by 6fit(f): 8:02pm On Apr 24, 2015
Good write up.... Just to drive home a point dat said "even as graduate yu can earn 10k" dat what i did for starting and even till now am still searching for a better job and still earn just 23k @d moment. I hav used dis 23k to get another degree, yet still searching and hoping a good job come by. Dat d spirit. Never say "i know my worth, how can i earn such a rediculous salary as a graduate?" my dear, dat d begining of stagnation....God help all huslers
Re: how To Keep Your Spirit High When Searching For Job In Nigeria by manofluck: 8:57pm On Apr 24, 2015
D brain behind dis write up shall never lack wisdom,u really understand wat many graduate re passing true.its important to start doing something no matter hw small. Keep on developing ur self mentally nd prepare very well 4 dat dream job bc it 'll definitly come.
Re: how To Keep Your Spirit High When Searching For Job In Nigeria by ademega(m): 9:47pm On Apr 24, 2015
manofluck:
D brain behind dis write up shall never lack wisdom,u really understand wat many graduate re passing true.its important to start doing something no matter hw small. Keep on developing ur self mentally nd prepare very well 4 dat dream job bc it 'll definitly come.
Thanks bro .am humbled
Re: how To Keep Your Spirit High When Searching For Job In Nigeria by taiwon1010: 1:18am On Apr 25, 2015
Niceone bro.... God bless ur hustler ....
Am the next to testify
Re: how To Keep Your Spirit High When Searching For Job In Nigeria by Infoay: 7:17am On Apr 25, 2015
Encouragement on point....
Re: how To Keep Your Spirit High When Searching For Job In Nigeria by Braaad: 12:21am On Apr 26, 2015
ghostwritter:
LET ME TELL U ALL MY SHORT STORY:
After my youth service and no job for three years, i decided to take a bold step.
One sunny day, i walked into this plastic producing company which i had earlier seen d advert on paper and went directly to d owner, showed him my C.V which was outstanding by d way, told him to let me work for him for FREE for two months which he accepted instantly.
I hadn't worked up to a week when he made me d branch manager to his new site.
That's why i never had d jobless time to complete my stories on d Literature section.

Oya show us what you added that made you're CV that outstanding...
Re: how To Keep Your Spirit High When Searching For Job In Nigeria by femiyem: 1:43pm On Apr 26, 2015
[quote author=stupor post=33058399]

I also have similar problems but with God almighty on your side a good,matured and highly beneficial job will come your way.

Its a pity these days,peronnel management allows jobs given to 'kids' meaning some HR prefers their organization be run by people with not to developed and matured mindset,hence leading to them taking very poor,immatured and volatile decion-making which in most situations lead to the organization not being able to achieve a lot of their corporate goals and objectives.

My cognitive and best advise is dont relent because i can see you as adequately qualified,fit and matured and that is what a good peronnel manager and what best corporate organizations do and progresses on.

Now,try do yourself a good CV armed with prerequisite skills and offcourse your qualification.
Detail your past experiences and comptencies including any other relevant or positive contibution all embedded into your CV.
Know the kind of company you sincerely want to work and that which gives both you and the company you wish to work for great values,these which includes moral and a good disposition.

DONT PUT YOUR DATE OF BIRTH ON YOUR CV AS THIS DOESNT SELL IN NIGERIA,LET THE PHYSICAL INTERVIEW JUSTIFY THE CALIBRE OF YOUR PERSONALTY AND NOT ANYONE ELSE EVEN IF THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR IS ONLY 15 YEARS OLD.
Take note that General Muhamodu Buhari got anew job at 73 with a job security for another four years.

A lot of things dont augur well anymore especially with our own Nigerian Employment system that is more reasons we keep having unemployment and poor management in some organizations.

A strong HR professional and a good firm would employ you if you fall between 18-65 years irrespective of your qualifications as long as you are fit,able,healthy and amatured enough to know the basics of a job engagement.

God will surely find you a good job very soon as i believe even your enemies will be put to shame.

And most importantly,may God bless the OP for sharing this invaluable content and for putting it here on Nairaland.

God bless you.[/quote
AMEN- Tanx and GOD bless u. Ur words inspires me

1 Like

Re: how To Keep Your Spirit High When Searching For Job In Nigeria by izutex007(m): 4:05pm On Apr 27, 2015
6fit:
Good write up.... Just to drive home a point dat said "even as graduate yu can earn 10k" dat what i did for starting and even till now am still searching for a better job and still earn just 23k @d moment. I hav used dis 23k to get another degree, yet still searching and hoping a good job come by. Dat d spirit. Never say "i know my worth, how can i earn such a rediculous salary as a graduate?" my dear, dat d begining of stagnation....God help all huslers

pls what other degree did you earn?

u might b an inspiration to sm1
Re: how To Keep Your Spirit High When Searching For Job In Nigeria by 6fit(f): 10:34pm On May 06, 2015
@izutex007, i ve got a second 2.1 B.SC in psychology and a diploma in DPO with d 23k job. was skooling n working@dsame time. If i decided to stay idle claiming i know my worth and so cant earn such salary i wuldnt hav achieved dat. So @ any job u find yurself, just hav it @d back of yur mind dat u hav just reached yur B/stop n not yur garrage so u will stil hav to move on in due time.

2 Likes

Re: how To Keep Your Spirit High When Searching For Job In Nigeria by izutex007(m): 11:00pm On May 06, 2015
6fit:
@izutex007, i ve got a second 2.1 B.SC in psychology and a diploma in DPO with d 23k job. was skooling n working@dsame time. If i decided to stay idle claiming i know my worth and so cant earn such salary i wuldnt hav achieved dat. So @ any job u find yurself, just hav it @d back of yur mind dat u hav just reached yur B/stop n not yur garrage so u will stil hav to move on in due time.

thks, for sharing. God wl tak us dia...
Re: how To Keep Your Spirit High When Searching For Job In Nigeria by megamindmaster(m): 7:47am On May 07, 2015
This has just made my day. Thanks Op for this. A times why we pass through some things is to use it to minister to others like the Op has just done to many of us. More of His grace on you. I will share my testimony when it happens, still on the look out...
Re: how To Keep Your Spirit High When Searching For Job In Nigeria by Bolosiye: 8:18am On May 07, 2015
This thread is worth putting in archive, and ve done just dat for references, Nice job op, you are a rare gift to nairaland.
Re: how To Keep Your Spirit High When Searching For Job In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:39am On May 07, 2015
Here is my own story, I finished Nysc June last year and had been aggressively searching for a job. Attended various tests and interviews but no show. I was totally depressed and downcast, but I never lose faith in God and myself in particular.

On March, a certain firm I submitted my Cv after 5 months called me for interview and the MD said they can only pay 40k for now. I accepted the offer just to get busy.

One week on the job, the MD turn me to office assistant....I was now the one going for useless errands, I was now the one doing marketing. What nonsense of a job is this, I asked myself. I was employed as an Executive Assistant for heaven's sake.

At this time, I was thinking of how to resign honourably, but to where? because sitting at home idle wasn't an option either.

After the end of the month, I collected my first salary & two days after, I got a call from the MD of an advertising firm I did an interview since January this year (the one I have been praying for).

Behold! I was given a new offer with training allowance, company car, commission and a basic salary of 70k for a start.....I know the best is yet to come.

Please whatever may be your situation right now...trust in God and believe in yourself. As far as you're a graduate (educated one sha) what then can stop you from getting a job? Its only a matter of time....Enjoy the moment, get some skills and have fun....

One thing I discovered in life is that......When you seriously wish for a thing, they hardly come by that time; but when you least expect.

Stay Positive!

1 Like

Re: how To Keep Your Spirit High When Searching For Job In Nigeria by stupor(m): 7:14pm On May 15, 2015
stupor:

I also have similar problems but with God almighty on your side a good,matured and highly beneficial job will come your way.

Its a pity these days,peronnel management allows jobs given to 'kids' meaning some HR prefers their organization be run by people with not to developed and matured mindset,hence leading to them taking very poor,immatured and volatile decision-making which in most situations leading to the organization not being able to achieve a lot of their corporate goals and objectives.

My cognitive and best advise is dont relent because i can see you as adequately qualified,fit and matured and that is what a good peronnel manager and what best corporate organizations do and progresses on.

Now,try do yourself a good CV armed with prerequisite skills and offcourse your qualification.
Detail your past experiences and competencies including any other relevant or positive contibution all embedded into your CV.
Know the kind of company you sincerely want to work and that which gives both you and the company you wish to work for great values,these which includes moral and a good disposition.

DONT PUT YOUR DATE OF BIRTH ON YOUR CV AS THIS DOESNT SELL IN NIGERIA,LET THE PHYSICAL INTERVIEW JUSTIFY THE CALIBRE OF YOUR PERSONALTY AND NOT ANYONE ELSE EVEN IF THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR IS ONLY 15 YEARS OLD.
Take note that General Muhamodu Buhari got anew job at 73 with a job security for another four years.

A lot of things dont augur well anymore especially with our own Nigerian Employment system that is more reasons we keep having unemployment and poor management in some organizations.

A strong HR professional and a good firm would employ you if you fall between 18-65 years irrespective of your qualifications as long as you are fit,able,healthy and matured enough to know the basics of a job engagement.

God will surely find you a good job very soon as i believe even your enemies will be put to shame.

And most importantly,may God bless the OP for sharing this invaluable content and for putting it here on Nairaland.

God bless you.
Re: how To Keep Your Spirit High When Searching For Job In Nigeria by harbayo20(m): 9:00am On May 16, 2015
I can tell you guys one surest way to be financially freed(in which you can earn back even far more than the start up money within that same day & it goes on and on like that) your other family members will even thank you for this great step you about taking today coz they are going to be blessed in many ways through you with just N6,600,....Beep me up through my signature if you're ready coz financial freedom is not for everybody!
I'M A LIVING TESTIMONY!!!
Re: how To Keep Your Spirit High When Searching For Job In Nigeria by iyaaliyah: 5:10am On May 18, 2015
Nice one @op. Will try and get him to read this too.
Thanks for your anticipated responses.
Re: how To Keep Your Spirit High When Searching For Job In Nigeria by beau49: 1:02pm On May 18, 2015
iyaaliyah:
Hello, maybe am not in the right place but this topic got my attention...pls anyone that can direct me to where I can read about cure or management of depression. I know someone suffering from this n I need to know how I can help.
Nice one @op. Will try and get him to read this too.
Thanks for your anticipated responses.

I don't think there is a particular cure for depression,what the person needs is theraphy/medication and most especially love,support and motivation from family members. Also encourage the person to read
religious/motivational books,it helps.

These might also help and if you need more just google for more:
www.helpguide.org/articles/depression/helping-a-depressed-person.htm

psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2012/05/08/9-best-ways-to-support-someone-with-depression/

www.wingofmadness.com/how-to-help-someone-who-is-depressed/
Re: how To Keep Your Spirit High When Searching For Job In Nigeria by iyaaliyah: 9:42pm On May 18, 2015
thanks very much. God bless. I found it helpful.
Re: how To Keep Your Spirit High When Searching For Job In Nigeria by beau49: 12:01am On May 19, 2015
iyaaliyah:
@beau49, thanks very much. God bless. I found it helpful.

You are welcome dear smiley happy to help
Re: how To Keep Your Spirit High When Searching For Job In Nigeria by mapist(m): 7:36am On May 19, 2015
femiyem:
NICE ONE
u hav just preached to me. tanx
i went out today to try physical submision of my CV apart from online submision .
i can't imagine d way i was turned down in most places wit my 2:1 in FINANCE. just because of my age (30yrs), i hav bin denied of so many opportunities for d past 7 monts afta my NYSC.
REALLY DOWN AND DEPRESSED DIS NIGHT.
u are on point

Honestly,when I read things like dis,I feel down..smh..one wud be in skool and read so hard,grad wth a good grade and den,to get a job wch in oda good nations is a normal thing becomes a tug of war in ur own country.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Apply Access Bank Entry-level Graduate Trainee Recruitment / Dangote Group Fresh Job Recruitment (19 Positions) / Federal Ministry Of Environment Recruitment, 21st May, 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.