Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,835 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:43 PM

Who Really Is Okezie Ikpeazu? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Really Is Okezie Ikpeazu? (779 Views)

Okezie Ikpeazu Standing In A Train In China (Photo) / Yemi Osinbajo Meets With Okezie Ikpeazu (PICS) / Celebration Here In Aba As Okezie Defeat Otti (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Really Is Okezie Ikpeazu? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Apr 23, 2015
WHO REALLY IS OKEZIE IKPEAZU?

This question has become necessary because a lot of people wallow under the mistake of not knowing who the young man is.
To many, Okezie Ikpeazu is that brainless stooge who is not more than a house boy of the TA Orji family. They see him as a never do well who joined politics out of frustration and hunger.
Is this true?
Of course it is not.
Okezie Ikpeazu is a top class brain. At age 16, he secured admission into the University of Maiduguri where he studied Clinical Biochemistry and graduated in Second Class Honors, Upper Division. After his national service, he quickly returned to Maiduguri where he bagged his M.Sc in Biochemical Toxicology and finally went to the University of Calabar where he took his PhD degree in Biochemical Pharmacology.
So when you hear Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu, please note that it is not an honorary degree awarded by some cash strapped University Vice Chancellor. He sat down, studied and got it. Again, he got his PhD at the age of 29!
What a special stooge!
Okezie has been a university teacher for most of his life. He taught in four different tertiary institutions. He was at the Polytechnic Calabar, Enugu State University of Science and Techonolgy, Ebonyi State University and the University of Nigeria Nsukka.
By 2001, he was Head, Department of Applied Natural Sciences, ESUT.
For an academic in a University environment, becoming an HOD at a young age is an outstanding achievement. By this time, he has never had any contact with partisan politics.
It was from here that he accepted appointment to serve as the Transition Committee Chairman of Obingwa Local Government Area.
Dr. Ikpeazu was appointed Chairman, Governing Board of the Abia State School of Health Technology Aba sometime in 2010. For those who know that school, you will appreciate the state that school has been. It was Dr. Ikpeazu who rejigged that school, prepared it for proper and full accreditation by all relevant bodies in charge of technical education in Nigeria. Today, that school now awards HNDs in several disciplines and produces top graduates. Ikpeazu changed the image of the school. He brought in top graduates as teachers there and gave the school a facelift.
Ikpeazu served as General Manager of ASPIMS, the agency of government charged with motor passenger insurance in State. Under his watch, the agency was remodeled and intruded ambulance and health care services to injured passengers in addition to the core mandate of providing insurance to wounded passengers and to the family of those who lost their lives.
Ikpeazu was appointed Deputy GM of ASEPA in charge of Aba. This is the only area where mischievous searchlight has been beamed. The truth is that it was under his watch that waste disposal in Aba had a direction. He worked out policies for the implementation of a waste management masterplan for Aba.
Ikpeazu's greatest challenge in this area was the bureaucracy of government and funding. He had a boss at Umuahia to whom he reports and gets approvals. While funding and approvals were in very short supply, he made up with an amazing passion for work.
Ikpeazu personally supervised the evacuation of waste in Aba. I personally saw him severally. On one occasion while returning from evangelism at Alaba Alaba at around midnight, I saw Dr. Ikpeazu at the Brass Junction as he worked with waste disposal outfits carrying dirt. I was moved by his passion. If he had the funds he needed, things would have been different.
Irrespective of what anyone thinks about his tenure at ASEPA, no one can deny that Ikpeazu has a clear idea of what it takes to manage waste not just in Aba but in the entire state. He has been there and as governor, he will know exactly what to do.
Aba will shine under Ikpeazu's tenure as Governor. He knows the town inside out. He is a proper Aba boy.
For those who think that Ikpeazu is one frustrated young man who sees politics as a meal ticket, please be properly informed.
His tenure in ASEPA has been the source of lots of misinformation about his person. But believe me when I say that for accepting the challenge of packing waste inspite of his level, God shall elevate him.
It will be a great story...of a man who after attaining the highest academic attainment agreed to stoop low to carry dirt.
The word of God is true.....
From the garbage dump, I shall lift the lowly.
Thus saith The Lord of Hosts.
Re: Who Really Is Okezie Ikpeazu? by Caseless: 8:28pm On Apr 23, 2015
What more can I say? Let ajia people decide his fate.
Re: Who Really Is Okezie Ikpeazu? by Flye: 8:38pm On Apr 23, 2015
Though it is good to have PhD holder as the head, but I have come to notice that all Dr(medical and academical) in politics has failed their people therefore I prefer ordinary educated fellow with good ideas and intension to help his people that is all I want in a good leader. You can check all the Dr, professor, pastor, elder and Alhaji that has ruled at state and federal level, how many of them has been a successful leaders?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Lai Mohammed, Others Lobby For Buhari’s Ministerial Appointments / GEJ Orders $500m Oil Project Moved From Lagos To Bayelsa / 4 Year Old Boy Calls 911 (emergency) For Help With Maths Homework, Then...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.