Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,671 members, 7,801,935 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:22 AM

What Are The 5 Most Developed Countries On The African Continent - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Are The 5 Most Developed Countries On The African Continent (133646 Views)

Top Twenty Most Developed Countries By HDI / Jonathan: Nigeria Will Join 20 Most Developed Countries By 2020 / The 5 Most Developed Countries In Africa Are (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The 5 Most Developed Countries On The African Continent by Sammy107d(m): 7:12pm On Feb 03, 2009
Kobojunkie:

All you need to do is read the original post to get a better idea of what this is about.

Oh. no need for debates then. . .
Re: What Are The 5 Most Developed Countries On The African Continent by Charlesmud(m): 7:27pm On Feb 03, 2009
, Well everybody with his or her own idea, as I have said Nigeria is not perfect when its being rated from the resources but the fact we are not developed doesnt still mean this countries listed can be in any way compared to Nigeria.

, Papa wey get 15 children, una no no say e no easy for that papa to cope, the fact corruption is combine with Nigeria's problem makes it more slow in development, Yes I know say SA dey good but all the rest of this countries dey just manage ni and na support from countries like Nigeria dey assist them, YES maybe call Nigeria stupid, whatever.

, Thank God not everybody here is blind to see things for different angle, Weytin go make me go South Africa self, OK maybe if Mandella invite me, this locations are just too perfect for me Lagos-Europe.
Re: What Are The 5 Most Developed Countries On The African Continent by morpheus24: 8:22pm On Feb 03, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Yet again, that word “HISTORY” shows up but why? What has history to do with level of infrastructural development attainable in this day and age?

You mean Nations in the west, central and East could not have gotten the same natives from the same sources South Africa got it’s from?

These are nothing but excuses; excuses that do not seem to bear any meaning in the reality that I live in. I am sorry; I have no excuse to offer for why west, central and east African countries can not be measured by the same yardstick. Just last year, Kenya got connected to the global network grid. If and when the country moves light speed ahead of Countries in the western part of the same continent, are you going to come back to offer yet another twist on history to support your twist for why we ought not to compare the nations in the east to those in the west?

Whether you choose to acknowledge historical factors or not has no bearing on the reality that they determine outcomes and have done so in this case.

The idea that interjecting relevant historical events to such discussions is somehow a determinant that our brains lack the ability to comprehend complex modern day issues and are somehow "Stuck on past issues" is a farce.

The Subject reads' "Which are the 5 most developed countries on the Continent" and the following countries where mentioned  Egypt, Mauritus, South Africa,  etc

My problem is with using membership of these specific countries mentioned above as a comparison point to other significantly different countries such as Ghana, Nigeria, Togo, Tanzania, Rwanda or the Congo when is it obvious their "historical backgrounds" in terms of developmental timelines are different.

A good comparison would be Equatoral guinea to Nigeira, Congo to Angola or Tanzania to Zambia.

You might as well start comparing Kenya to the  USA or Russia to find out which is the most developed country in the world if we are going to think like that.
Re: What Are The 5 Most Developed Countries On The African Continent by royalicon(m): 9:10pm On Feb 03, 2009
dlox01:

our hopes and faith are the reality in this countries mentioned!!!

Why
Our hope and reality should be in God alone who can bring back the lost glory of Nigeria.
Eko Nigeria o ni baje o!
Re: What Are The 5 Most Developed Countries On The African Continent by gadogado(m): 9:15pm On Feb 03, 2009
@sammy107_d

the original post suggests this: development is when the average citizen of whichever country has access to basic social amenities such as access to good education and good healthcare,power,good transport network ie:roads,air,rail etc. how affordable are these basic amenities? how available are they to the ordinary citizen, the more the availability of these basics,the more developed the country. the idea is simple. economically,which country enjoys the highest employment rates and prosperity where the average citizen lives a decent life i:e- the ability to earn a dignified and honest livelihood by means of honest work.
nigeria doesnt fit in the above mentioned categories. when university lecturers are always striking,when you can go to a hospital and theyll tell you they dont have drugs,when there is no power,when our roads are filled with pot holes,when there are area boys and beggars all over our streets,when we have broken down infrastructure. people saying nigeria is in the top 5 sorry to say havent a clue what theyre talking about.

by the way infrastructure doesnt mean fancy sky scrappers that belong to govt,corporations and multi nationals.infrastructure means roads,bridges,solid hospitals,solid schools (not schools with no windows and doors and no chairs and tables) good sewer system, refuse disposal apparatus,dams. and then solid public and private buildings.

1 Like

Re: What Are The 5 Most Developed Countries On The African Continent by BOSS7: 9:16pm On Feb 03, 2009
royalicon:

Why
Our hope and reality should be in God alone who can bring back the lost glory of Nigeria.
Eko Nigeria o ni baje o!
Someone made a very relevant statement but you disregarded it with your irrelevant one. Keep dreaming bro.
Re: What Are The 5 Most Developed Countries On The African Continent by Sammy107d(m): 9:31pm On Feb 03, 2009
gadogado:

@sammy107_d

the original post suggests this: development is when the average citizen of whichever country has access to basic social amenities such as access to good education and good healthcare,power,good transport network ie:roads,air,rail etc. how affordable are these basic amenities? how available are they to the ordinary citizen, the more the availability of these basics,the more developed the country. the idea is simple. economically,which country enjoys the highest employment rates and prosperity where the average citizen lives a decent life i:e- the ability to earn a dignified and honest livelihood by means of honest work.
nigeria doesnt fit in the above mentioned categories. when university lecturers are always striking,when you can go to a hospital and theyll tell you they dont have drugs,when there is no power,when our roads are filled with pot holes,when there are area boys and beggars all over our streets,when we have broken down infrastructure. people saying nigeria is in the top 5 sorry to say havent a clue what theyre talking about.

by the way infrastructure doesnt mean fancy sky scrappers that belong to govt,corporations and multi nationals.infrastructure means roads,bridges,solid hospitals,solid schools (not schools with no windows and doors and no chairs and tables) good sewer system, refuse disposal apparatus,dams. and then solid public and private buildings.

I disagree in some manner- though I don't have any justification for my dissent.
Re: What Are The 5 Most Developed Countries On The African Continent by Charlesmud(m): 9:44pm On Feb 03, 2009
B.O.S.S.:

Someone made a very relevant statement but you disregarded it with your irrelevant one. Keep dreaming bro.

Bros, What I wanted to write will seem insultive but I thought we should rather make sense to ourselves than argue. How can Nigerians hope be on this countries mentioned abeg ?

Pls if you believe this countries are OK for then say it is on your own will but dont speak on behalf of Nigerians cus some of us dont even pray to transit or smell this countries.
Re: What Are The 5 Most Developed Countries On The African Continent by BOSS7: 9:54pm On Feb 03, 2009
Charlesmud:

Bros, What I wanted to write will seem insultive but I thought we should rather make sense to ourselves than argue. How can Nigerians hope be on this countries mentioned abeg ?

Pls if you believe this countries are OK for then say it is on your own will but dont speak on behalf of Nigerians cus some of us dont even pray to transit or smell this countries.

LOL, Bros, I don't see it as an insult but I understand where you are coming from. However, what we are basically doing is seeing things from a bird's eye view and actually looking at the bigger picture with objectivity taken it consideration and throwing the bias attitude ot of the window. These countries most of us menioned of course cannot stand Nigeria when it comes to the human resources and even we'll rub shoulders with them when it comes to slugging it out in terms of power, natural resources, money or what have you.

But, come to think of it, these countries have demonstrated better leadership abilities and equalities when it comes to wealth redistribution and putting food on the table by proxy i.e. basic amenities (water,electricity,good transport etc) hence people could afford to feed themselves, social care is not a big issue, corruption is not the biggest isue on the agenda and when people also die, poverty is not the reasons their families complain about. Come to think of it,these countries all have one thing in common and that is putting the interests of the people first. You don't read daily about the police officers killing their own citizens, not would you read of the police officers fighting with the soldiers and one sect killing the other.

I don't want to go on too much but I want you to feel why most of us are think Nigeria needs to do more to display the giant attitude that we profess. I hope you get my drift.  wink

NB: Neither would I'll change Nigeria for these countries (in Africa) I mentioned as developed.

1 Like

Re: What Are The 5 Most Developed Countries On The African Continent by Sammy107d(m): 10:01pm On Feb 03, 2009
i guess with all aforementioned, its not possible to tell which country is better than the other the world over.
Re: What Are The 5 Most Developed Countries On The African Continent by Charlesmud(m): 10:03pm On Feb 03, 2009
B.O.S.S.:

I don't want to go on too much but I want you to feel why most of us are think Nigeria needs to do more to display the giant attitude that we profess. I hope you get my drift.  wink

NB: Neither would I'll change Nigeria for these countries (in Africa) I mentioned as developed.

I will always be at your side and agree when you say something such as above, Yes Yes Yes I always put it in my post that Nigeria lacks poor leadership and other problems but just as you say "come to think of it" Zambia president recently (Couple of weeks ago) asked Nigeria for some financial support. All of them keeps coming to Nigeria but Nigeria never gets anything from them than dis-respects combine with her citizens who have become blind to think Nigeria's hope rely on this countries.

You have said it all above, Nigerians need to do more and more to take back the title as the father and Mother of Africa.
Re: What Are The 5 Most Developed Countries On The African Continent by Kobojunkie: 10:04pm On Feb 03, 2009
Sammy107_d:

i guess with all aforementioned, its not possible to tell which country is better than the other the world over.

Don't bother yourself with the world at this time, all the question asks is that you list the top 5 countries in Africa, in terms of development of infrastructure.
Re: What Are The 5 Most Developed Countries On The African Continent by ow11(m): 10:09pm On Feb 03, 2009
IMO,

1. South Africa

2. Morocco

3. Egypt

4. Tunisia

5. Botswana

Namibia, Tanzania, Seychelles, Mauritius and Algeria are quite organised but are not top five. The North African nations are quite developed are Kilometres better than their sub saharan brothers.

The 5 worst would be

1. Somalia

2. Dem. Rep. Congo

3. Central African Republic

4. Guinea

5. Chad
Re: What Are The 5 Most Developed Countries On The African Continent by Nobody: 10:12pm On Feb 03, 2009
I'm glad that you ppl know that the answers on this thread are opinionated ones.

What I'm saying is, MUST YOU ALL FIGHT ON EVERYTHING? lipsrsealed
Re: What Are The 5 Most Developed Countries On The African Continent by BOSS7: 10:16pm On Feb 03, 2009
Charlesmud:

Nigerians need to do more and more to take back the title as the father and Mother of Africa.

I think this is what it all boils down to.

You're very right my brother.
Re: What Are The 5 Most Developed Countries On The African Continent by DonPedro21(m): 11:18pm On Feb 03, 2009
ow11:

IMO,

1. South Africa

2. Morocco

3. Egypt

4. Tunisia

5. Botswana

Namibia, Tanzania, Seychelles, Mauritius and Algeria are quite organised but are not top five. The North African nations are quite developed are Kilometres better than their sub saharan brothers.

The 5 worst would be

1. Somalia

2. Dem. Rep. Congo

4. Guinea

5. Chad

where is Zimbabwe position in the least five?
Re: What Are The 5 Most Developed Countries On The African Continent by Nobody: 11:27pm On Feb 03, 2009
ow11:

IMO,

The 5 worst would be

1. Somalia

2. Dem. Rep. Congo

4. Guinea

5. Chad

I don't agree but respect, 
Here are 10 of the worst countries in Africa

1- Liberia.   I could definitely say that Liberia is the worst country in Africa
2- Benin
3- Guinea-Conakry
4- Central African Republic
5- Burkina Faso
6- Zambia
7- Guinee-Bissau
8- Rwanda
9- Burundi
10-Lesotho

and the list of the worst countries in Africa continue

Congo
Niger
Nigeria angry
Malawi
Swaziland
Togo
Mozambique is a very poor country
Mauritania

Oh god the list is endless.

now. let's compare somalia with mauritania  

this is mauritania capital in  the 21st century Nouakchott

and this is somalia capital before the civil war. almost twenty years ago

Re: What Are The 5 Most Developed Countries On The African Continent by SamMilla1(m): 11:30pm On Feb 03, 2009
Lets deal with facts and not buildings or oil income. Buildings doesn't necessarily mean development. We must put into consideration, the GDP per capita. We must divide the income of each country with their population, land mass and every other thing that benefits from the country's income.

Equatorial Guinea is the richest. So, u guys should stop deceiving yourselves.

The best statistical reseach on such matters is provided by the the Worldbank.
Here is a link to the data for 2007.
http://siteresources.worldbank.org/DATASTATISTICS/Resources/GNIPC.pdf

It seems like everyone is distorted with the facts! the richest countries are ranked below.

Richest Countries in Africa

Rank Country GDP - per capita

1 Equatorial Guinea $ 50,200

2 Mauritius $ 13,500

3 South Africa $ 13,000

4 Libya $ 12,700

5 Botswana $ 11,400

6 Tunisia $ 8,600

7 Seychelles $ 7,800

8 Algeria $ 7,700

9 Namibia $ 7,400

10 Gabon $ 7,200

Meanwhile lets compare South Africa with Nigeria

South Africa RANKED IN TOP 10 Stock Exchanges in the World (8th in the world).
No OTHER AFRICAN COUNTRY is in the Top 10.
South Africa accounts for over 50% of ALL OF AFRICA's NEW vehicle purchases.
South Africa is the worlds biggest Gold, Platinum, and Diamond producer.
It is in the top 5 for Uranium production.
South Africa has nuclear power stations and also nuclear weapons.
South Africa makes it's own Air Force planes (ranked top 10 in the world) and tanks etc.
South African Airways is Africa's biggest Airline.
2005 Data
GDP (purchasing power parity) = US$533.2 billion
GDP (per capita) = US$12,000
Government Budget Revenues: $65.91 billion Expenditures: $70.62 billion; including capital expenditures
Inflation = 4%
Mobile Pones = 19.5 million
Land Lines = 4.844 million
Television Staions = 556
Airports = 728
Railway total: 20,872 km
Roads total: 362,099 km
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
NIGERIA for comparison sake is as follows:
95% of Nigeria's foreign exchange is derived from Oil. So it is a one dimentional economy.
2005 Data for Nigeria
GDP (purchasing power parity) = $174.1 billion (less then 1/2 of South Africa)
GDP (per capita) = $1,400 (about 1/7th of South Africa)
Budget
** *** REVENUES***: $12.86 billion (1/5th of South Africa's)
expenditures: $13.54 billion; including capital expenditures (same as above)
Inflation : 13.5% (A little too HIGH, 3 times of South Africa's)
Telephone Lines : 1,027,500 (1/4 of South Africa's)
Mobile Phones : 9,147,200 (1/2 of South Africa's)
Television Stations = 3 (Compare that to South Africa with 556!!!)
Airports = 70 (compare to South Africa with 728!!!)
Railway total: 3,557 km (less then 1/5th of South Africa)
Roads total: 194,394 km (almost 1/2 of South Africa)
So I don't know if this gives you some insight people.
Compare the money each country has to work with.
Clearly South Africa is comparable to a European country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The 5 Most Developed Countries On The African Continent by davidif: 1:20am On Feb 04, 2009
HANDS DOWN ITS

[size=40pt]SEYCHELLES
MAURITIUS
[/size]
Re: What Are The 5 Most Developed Countries On The African Continent by aok438: 3:10am On Feb 04, 2009
TOP SECRET CLASSIFIED INTEL

Nigeria`s problem is its population,population erodes prosperity,it is easier to provide the highest standard of living to a smaller population than a larger one,and in addition to economic stagnation for over 30yrs caused by imperialist powers through the IMF/worldbank-THEY GOT NIGERIA HOOKED BY THE NECK THROUGH  DEBT  WITH THE OIL PRICE CRASH IN THE 70`S--they secretly installed and supported Nigerian millitary dictators so that decisions made by them go unchallenged ,made those dictators drag the country into RIDICULOUS DEBT WITH INCREDIBLE RATES-KNOWING FULLY WELL THAT OIL PRICE WOULD NOT HAVE RECOVERED IN TIME FOR THE COUNTRY TO PAY IT BACK,Nigeria subsequently went bankrupt from the 80`s on embarassed( at this point they had the country where they wanted it!!).Their next move was  to suck out almost every penny out of the system because the LIVING STANDARD WAS TOO HIGH FOR AN AFRICAN COUNTRY,AND NIGERIANS WERE TOO WASTEFUL. SO THEY MADE THE DICTATORS INTRODUCE THE STRUCTURAL ADJUSTMENT PROGRAM (S.A.P) WHICH DEVASTATED  NIGERIA`S FORMERLY HIGH LIVING STANDARDS cry cry .civil servants`s salaries were cut,workkers retrenched,public utilities down scaled or totally abondoned, the udoji salary increases repealed and so on.stores such as KINGSWAY,LEVENTIS, DOMINOES, went under,all these reduced the high living standards----ALL THESE CUTS MEANT ALL THE MONIES SAVED WENT INTO THE HAND OF NIGERIA`S NEW HIJACKERS.Almost all the future earnings of oil proceeds went into the hands of the CRIMINAL IMPERIALIST/ ECONOMIC HIJACKERS through the IMF. shocked shocked. .They also orded the country as a secret repayment condition to shut-off other sectors of the economy such as agriculture, mining  for 15yrs etc so that their large corporations/companies could easily do bussines and prosper in the, soon Nigeria became dependent on imported foreign goods, while killing the country`s indegonous sectors.  NIGERIA IS STILL THE THIRD BIGGEST IMPORTER OF WHEAT FROM THE UNITED STATES.  All these really shook Nigeria very hard.
Nigeria is definitely not the only country ravaged by these RABID THIEVES,Venezuela too was hijacked and raped,before the country`s revolution against America which saw the restoration of HUGO CHAVEZ A the rightful president,CHILE too was hijacked,peru,CONGO,
ANGOLA, MAJORITY OF  AFRICAN RESOURCE RICH  COUNTRIES E.T.C.
THEIR THEORY IS: AS LONG AS YOUR COUNTRY IS NOT WHITE, YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO LIVE PROSPER WITHOUT US!
president Obasnjo really did good for Nigeria by paying off her debt- that alone was a very good rebuilding point.
AMERICA IS NOT AFRICA`S FRIEND!~
Re: What Are The 5 Most Developed Countries On The African Continent by Nobody: 4:07am On Feb 04, 2009
It's a mockery calling Nigeria a developed country. Can some people lay sentiments aside and be realistic for once?
Re: What Are The 5 Most Developed Countries On The African Continent by sage(m): 4:18am On Feb 04, 2009
I think you guyz should take a look at this

http://www.vanguardngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=27957&Itemid=42

Nigerians spend N1.1bn on generator imports in one week
Written by Babajide Komolafe
Wednesday, 04 February 2009
LAGOS—IN apparent response to the worsening power situation in the country, which invariably has given unprecedented rise to the demand for power generators, Nigerian businesses spent a whopping $8.2 million (about N1.180 billion) on importation of power generating sets in the first week of January.
Vanguard investigations revealed that 15 firms purchased $8.2 million in one week from the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) to import generators alone.

This much was gathered from a CBN report on foreign exchange sales under the Retail Dutch Auction System (RDAS) for the last week in January.

The firms according to the report are Jubaili Brothers Engineering Limited ($1,27 million), Indepco Limited ($1,217 million), Mantrac Nigeria Limited ($1,126 million), Cummins West Africa Limited ($1,026 million), Raybros Enterprises Nigeria Limited ($839, 500) and Challerams PLC ($697,100).

Others are John Holt ($632,200), Cazneon Limited ($451,100), BL Chanrai & Co Limited ($385,000), Continental Agric Equipment Limited ($281,300), Wahum Packaging ($240,000), Stag Engineering ($146,300), JMG Limited ($161,500), Bencovik Nigeria Limited ($105,710) and Broad Crown West Africa ($148,000).

The CBN report revealed that cumulatively US$672 million (RDAS)was sold during the week, representing foreign exchange sales to end users with demand from $100, 000 and above.
T

he apex bank and the market regulator had reintroduced the RDAS on January 19. The CBN said the forex sales were from January 19 to 28.

A breakdown of the distribution shows that the CBN attended to forex demands by customers of banks as documented in about 700 Form M. The demands were also for the importation of various consignments.

With the RDAS, banks bid for forex on behalf of their customers that have legitimate demand for it, unlike in the former arrangement (the era of the WDAS) when banks bought on their own account and sold to the end users.

Last year, investigation showed that average residential expenditure (an estimated 60 million residents use generators of varying sizes) on fueling power generators had climbed to an all time high of N1.56 trillion (about $13.35 billion) per annum and similar level of expenditure on private power generation has characterised the affairs of industrial and commercial power consumers. Early last year, independent report revealed about half the figures outlined above.

Last month, government also served notice it was going to be spending billions of Naira on procuring and servicing power generators, a clear vote of no confidence in the public power utility company.

However, while speaking with the Vanguard in Abuja last week also, Mr. Bello Suleiman, the Vice Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) disclosed that while the power utility had been able to prime its facilities to generate 4000 Megawatts, there was no gas supply to make this possible.
Re: What Are The 5 Most Developed Countries On The African Continent by sage(m): 4:20am On Feb 04, 2009
Nigeria is officially a joke

For your information guyz

Countries in North Africa have roads as good as thse in the U.S connecting their cities

Dont compare Nigeria 2 them

My list

1 South Africa
2 Bostwana
3-7 North African Countries
Re: What Are The 5 Most Developed Countries On The African Continent by Pepeye(f): 4:34am On Feb 04, 2009
South Africa

Egypt

Tunisia

Morocco

Botswana
Re: What Are The 5 Most Developed Countries On The African Continent by blackspade(m): 7:30am On Feb 04, 2009
Sam Milla:

Lets deal with facts and not buildings or oil income. Buildings doesn't necessarily mean development. We must put into consideration, the GDP per capita. We must divide the income of each country with their population, land mass and every other thing that benefits from the country's income.

Equatorial Guinea is the richest. So, u guys should stop deceiving yourselves.

The best statistical reseach on such matters is provided by the the Worldbank.
Here is a link to the data for 2007.
http://siteresources.worldbank.org/DATASTATISTICS/Resources/GNIPC.pdf

It seems like everyone is distorted with the facts! the richest countries are ranked below.

Richest Countries in Africa

Rank Country GDP - per capita

1 Equatorial Guinea $ 50,200

2 Mauritius $ 13,500

3 South Africa $ 13,000

4 Libya $ 12,700

5 Botswana $ 11,400

6 Tunisia $ 8,600

7 Seychelles $ 7,800

8 Algeria $ 7,700

9 Namibia $ 7,400

10 Gabon $ 7,200
Rubbish talk.

GDP per capita IS NOT an accurate way to judge a country's development especially when talking about Africa.

E.G. may have the highest GDP per capita on the continent, but it's "development" sure in the hell doesn't represent that.

The most accurate way IMO to determine a country's development would be using it's HDI (Human Development Index).

Educate yourself by looking into this link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Development_Index

Sam Milla:
Clearly South Africa is comparable to a European country.

Clearly to who, a brain dead retard?

LOL, you can start comparing S.A. to European countries once S.A. has an effective police force, has a health program that actually tries to eradicate diseases instead of pretending they don't exist, etc. . .
Re: What Are The 5 Most Developed Countries On The African Continent by blackspade(m): 7:34am On Feb 04, 2009
Double Post.
Re: What Are The 5 Most Developed Countries On The African Continent by amaikama(m): 9:51am On Feb 04, 2009
Blackped!! if the gdp is not wat they use to get an accurate development i a country, what do they use? angry When dem pay you for your work and you start to dey commot all moni for your expenses the remaining one, no be am u go carry go bank. if one kobo no remain, cry watin u go carry go bank and that shows say u dey suffer for Lagos be that ooohhh!! so prepare to go back to village wey u come from.
Re: What Are The 5 Most Developed Countries On The African Continent by superboi(m): 10:20am On Feb 04, 2009
amaikama you can't use GDP oh! a country ,may have high per capita but have poor Spread of the wealth in reality, e.g. a country like equatorial guinea may have high per capita from oil bacause of its' population but the spread may not be as good as the per capita income figure represent.
Re: What Are The 5 Most Developed Countries On The African Continent by ohaechesi(m): 10:28am On Feb 04, 2009
well, from my own point of view, Nigeria has all it takes to escalade beyond imagination in terms of development. but then, we still have a long way to go. To be frank with you, in terms of infrastructures and basic amenities, Nigeria should be of the same range with Niger republic. Thats how bad it is. for those who must have in one away or the other traveled out of Nigeria to any African country, you will reckon with me that of a true, Nigeria is one of the worst African countries when it comes to development in Africa, not even in the world grin grin grin
Re: What Are The 5 Most Developed Countries On The African Continent by miquest: 10:43am On Feb 04, 2009
I have read through posts on this topic here and have come to the conclusion that nigerians are either ignorant or have just chosen never to be positive about their country,
I have visited ghana so many times and in the course of my last visit they had their elections, now one of the reasons people in Nigeria think that election was a succes was because their media would never talk bad about their country outside, but being here and seeing things for myself we all know that the election wasn't fair, Anyway Nigeria is a role model in africa people who don't know that have never been to other african countries thats y, If you dont think Nigeria is good enough y do you think the United Nations come to Nigerians for help whenever theirs an african crisis, Anyway Nigeria isn't the most developed but in my opinion it comes in the top 5, and mind u, the only developed place in South |Africa is Jo'borg, see d rest for urself, So people learn to appreciate your own and protect your House,
BAd belle people too much sef,
Re: What Are The 5 Most Developed Countries On The African Continent by toxicguy: 11:04am On Feb 04, 2009
you guys are all debating over gdp, pdp anpp and what have you. the fact still is:

electricity, useless

water, don't even mention

roads, except for abj, pathetic

communications, nitel (RIP) gsm, manageable

inflation, no control

public order, like public toilets, non existent

railway, check the barely surviving museums

air travel, growing locally, but a shame to say no national carrier to boast of. all grounded and outdated.

security, well, i'll leave that to the kwara state police and mr. goat. (contender for Guinness Book)

NEED I MAKE MENTION THAT MOST OF THE ABOVE WERE IN VERY GOOD CONDITION UPTILL 1998.

i rest my case and have a nice day all of you and pls if you want to post pictures of cities, make sure they're night shots so we can see how lit up or should i say how dark they are.
Re: What Are The 5 Most Developed Countries On The African Continent by angelina08(f): 11:27am On Feb 04, 2009
Is there any one you no

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Breaking News - Another Explosion In Kaduna Today / Pre-colonial Traditional Political System In Nigeria / "President Jonathan Is Chairman Of Boko Haram" - Maiduguri Truck Drivers To BBC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.