Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,352 members, 7,800,703 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:27 AM

Why Is South Africa Moving Backward? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is South Africa Moving Backward? (9381 Views)

Why Africa Is Backward (pictures) / Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? / Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is South Africa Moving Backward? by gadogado(m): 1:48am On Feb 02, 2009
I have noticed in the media and other readings that south africa is retrogressing fast.the crime rate is sky rocketing,the health crises is bad and worsening (HIV) and now there is endemic corruption from the leadership all the way down. In short,the country is going down the drain,in the last 10 years 1/5th of the white population has left the country seeking greener pastures in new zealand,australia,canada and europe and even dubai.The country's economic situation is worsening. Why is this? there are now power cuts and water shortages in most parts of SA

A discussion i had with a friend implied that its because the country has a black leadership.So, do you think that there is something in the mind of a black man that cannot allow him to develop? cry cry
Is there some sort of curse on Africans that suggest that one cannot enjoy something as simple as electricity (the dark continent jk grin) provided this country is headed by black men? in short,why do we suffer backwardness in africa?

1 Like

Re: Why Is South Africa Moving Backward? by IGWEUSA(m): 2:47am On Feb 02, 2009
eeeeehe! It has reached the time when naija ppl are no longer asking "why is it that my country has never moved forward". we are now concerned with SA.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is South Africa Moving Backward? by Charlesmud(m): 2:51am On Feb 02, 2009
IGWE_USA:

eeeeehe! I has reached the time when naija ppl are no longer asking "why their country has never moved forward". we are now concerned with SA.

, My guy, that is what most of them know how to do best, complain and criticize. And make up stroies to talk about.

Instead to focus on the main issue and find how to solve it, na from Ribadu case to Hitler Germany dem go dey talk talk.
Re: Why Is South Africa Moving Backward? by gadogado(m): 3:20am On Feb 02, 2009
@igwe and charlesmund

this is supposed to be a question concerning the fate and development of the blackman,the question is a universal one that appeals to the intellectual not you wierd people.the fact is that no african country with black leadership in any part of the world has risen past third world status including haiti and other islands on the american continent,so by implication,if our inability to develop has racial dimensions as in blacks are an intellectually backward people or race incapable of sustaining or developing communities or societies then therein lies our problem,we meaning nigeria cant develop bcoz we are a black nation.simple!!!no african country seems to be meaningfully developing.even south africa that was flourishing to an extent under whites is now a retrogressing nation with corruption in all echelons of government.zimbabwe that was better off when it was rhodesia and controlled by whites is now a failed state and a refugee nation!!
these are the issues im raising and if you cant see the connection then maybe the reason we cant develop is bcoz of people like you who majority in nigeria and are intellectually backward.self critique and self examination is a good thing fyi.

1 Like

Re: Why Is South Africa Moving Backward? by Charlesmud(m): 3:25am On Feb 02, 2009
@ Poster, then give the topic to be black leadership instead of putting it as South Africa so in this way we will know what to discuse about or rather respond.
Re: Why Is South Africa Moving Backward? by chidichris(m): 9:22am On Feb 02, 2009
charles and igwe,
been members of nairaland does not make it compulsory that you contribute in every topic. read some, contribute in some and overlook some because there are a lot of topics here. it is obvious that you either lack information on this topic or you hate the bitter truth in the topic.

blacks have absolutely nothing positive to offer when it comes to leadership.
most countries in the middle east are deserts yet their leaders out of goodwill have turned them into tourist centers and investments grounds for our african leaders who have all the mineral resources in the world.
we are a failed generation.
a read a novel in which i came across a passage that says"some kinds of slavery are better than freedom".
whenever i look at the apperthied south africa the free nigeria or even the present free south africa, i will always remember the wordings of that novel.
the truth of the matter is africa as a ppl have no destination in the leadership world. we as a pupil are just moving with the crowd.
if we talk about nigeria till next year, nothing good will be discussed. a president in the name of yar adua almost two years on seat, no project, no tangible decission but look at obama, few days in office already making decissions sometimes you will find out that most of our so called rulers just get involed without any pre-arrangements or pre-leadership decissions.
give a black man the leadershi of the best country in the world, he will take less than ten years to bring it down to the worst country of the world.
if africans can drop their pride and get the whites involved again now in a different way, i think we will surely go a long way but with these mad men on the pilot seat, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm am afraid.

1 Like

Re: Why Is South Africa Moving Backward? by KnowAll(m): 10:57am On Feb 02, 2009
to the poster that means america will go down the drain as a blackman is the president of the usa and even the republican party has nominated a black man as its chairperson.
Re: Why Is South Africa Moving Backward? by Nobody: 11:08am On Feb 02, 2009
chidichris:

charles and igwe,
been members of nairaland does not make it compulsory that you contribute in every topic. read some, contribute in some and overlook some because there are a lot of topics here. it is obvious that you either lack information on this topic or you hate the bitter truth in the topic.

most countries in the middle east are deserts yet their leaders out of goodwill have turned them into tourist centers and investments grounds for our african leaders who have all the mineral resources in the world.
a read a novel in which i came across a passage that says"some kinds of slavery are better than freedom".
whenever i look at the apperthied south africa the free nigeria or even the present free south africa, i will always remember the wordings of that novel.
the truth of the matter is africa as a ppl have no destination in the leadership world. we as a pupil are just moving with the crowd.
if we talk about nigeria till next year, nothing good will be discussed. a president in the name of yar adua almost two years on seat, no project, no tangible decission but look at obama, few days in office already making decissions sometimes you will find out that most of our so called rulers just get involed without any pre-arrangements or pre-leadership decissions.
give a black man the leadershi of the best country in the world, he will take less than ten years to bring it down to the worst country of the world.
if africans can drop their pride and get the whites involved again now in a different way, i think we will surely go a long way but with these mad men on the pilot seat, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm am afraid.

Lol. . . . . do you think you made sense in your own contribution?
Re: Why Is South Africa Moving Backward? by princekevo(m): 11:46am On Feb 02, 2009
chidichris:

charles and igwe,

Frog calling his brother frogi, lol,
They have made computer avalaible from everyone who jst finished eating to come here and start saying anything he/she likes, Only you i have seen on earth who is free by his master, but still desiring to remain a servant jst becoz u cant stand as a man, You alone will rather be the slave of the whites again jst count other out pls,
Re: Why Is South Africa Moving Backward? by folem: 12:00pm On Feb 02, 2009
http://deathofjohannesburg..com/

The Death of Johannesburg
Re: Why Is South Africa Moving Backward? by Epiphany(m): 12:24pm On Feb 02, 2009
Nice topic. I was wondering when someone will notice the troubles that SA is facing. This is even more pronounced with the problems that the next (most likely) president of the country (Zuma) is facing.
As far as i am concerned, i think that black Africa or Sub Saharan Africa has been a big dissapointment so far. With all the issues that Zuma is facing or faced (rape charges, violence, corruption etc) the voters are still pushing for him to be president. Imagine that! One would have thought that even with the slightest stain on someone, rumours or not, that person will not have a shot at the highest office in any land. The same goes for all other countries in Black Africa that have so far been hopeless at leadership and economic progress.
Very true about the Whites in SA. many are moving themselves and families to other countries: Canada, New Zealand, Australia etc. Lets see where our black brothers will get us to as per their leadership strenghts.
Re: Why Is South Africa Moving Backward? by Charlesmud(m): 12:44pm On Feb 02, 2009
Thank you all for support and disagree, what have said is quite simple and I dont see insult in it b4 he started calling me names but anyway the issue South Africa and I dont know why they are not moving forward.

The poster said , is it black then I dont agree with that.
Re: Why Is South Africa Moving Backward? by davidif: 1:02pm On Feb 02, 2009
it has nothing to do with black leadership!!!! Incompetency has nothing to do with skin color, if you are incompetent, then you are incompetent. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH RACE!!!!

@chidichris
Was George W. Bush black? or Jimmy Carter?? have u been to the eastern european countries?? does Bulgaria (a much more corrupt country than naija, in fact the mafia actually runs the country) or Romania (don't even get me started on the asian countries like Turkmenistan, Kazakhstan and every"-stan" you can think of including Myanmar.

Let's not forget that Hitler, Stalin and co. were white.
Re: Why Is South Africa Moving Backward? by RSA(m): 1:04pm On Feb 02, 2009
LAUNCH OF JOHANNESBURG (INNER CITY) URBAN RENEWAL STRATEGY: ADDRESS BY THE DEPUTY PRESIDENT THE HON. MR THABO MBEKI
Johannesburg City Hall, 17 July 1997

Master of Ceremonies,

Today we are assembled in the centre of a great city - the city of Johannesburg. Like to all great things, give tribute to where tribute is due. This is a city to which outstanding musician Hugh Masekela paid bitter tribute.

"There is a train that comes from Namibia and Malawi
there is a train that comes from Zambia and Zimbabwe,
There is a train that comes from Angola and Mozambique,
From Lesotho, from Botswana, from Zwaziland,
From all the hinterland of Southern and Central Africa.
This train carries young and old, African men
Who are conscripted to come and work on contract
In the golden mineral mines of Johannesburg
And its surrounding metropolis, sixteen hours or more a day
For almost no pay.
Deep, deep, deep down in the belly of the earth
When they are digging and drilling that shiny mighty evasive stone,
Or when they dish that mish mesh mush food
into their iron plates with the iron shank.
Or when they sit in their stinking, funky, filthy,
Flea-ridden barracks and hostels.
They think about the loved ones they may never see again Because they might have already been forcibly removed
From where they last left them
Or wantonly murdered in the dead of night
By roving, marauding gangs of no particular origin,
We are told. they think about their lands, their herds
That were taken away from them
With a gun, bomb, teargas and the cannon.
And when they hear that Choo-Choo train
They always curse, curse the coal train,
The coal train that brought them to Johannesburg".

Despite the truth told in these words, this city, Johannesburg, like Cairo in Egypt and Lagos in Nigeria, is one of the great cities of Africa.

For a century, it has stood at the heart of the process of the birth of our nation. Built by both black and white hands, it constitutes a tribute to the industriousness of all our people, their creativity, their spirit of enterprise.

It stands at the heart of the birth of our nation, because it attracted to itself all our people, regardless of language, culture, colour, gender and ethnic origins.

Thus it can be said, that Johannesburgers were among the first modern South Africans, who could speak one another's languages, enjoy one another's cultures, and blend their localised origins with the great character of one South African nation.

As the eloquent words of Hugh Masekela indicate, Johannesburg is the product, not only of the people of the city but of South Africa and the entire "hinterland of Southern Africa".

From this point it follows that the renewal of the city should also mean a renewed relationship with the people who have contributed to this city's growth and development.

It is our understanding that the concept of the city encompasses all communities which contribute to its growth and to its prosperity. Those are the communities who should be the main beneficiaries of that renewal, growth and prosperity.

In the case of Johannesburg, the extent of the significance of this point is multiplied many times over.

The broader perspective to the challenges which face this city is instructive for several reasons.

Firstly, the economy, life and culture of Johannesburg is impacted upon, and in turn impacts upon, not only on national life, but also in the life of the entire Southern African region. The experience of this city and the region with the migratory labour system is a graphic example of this interdependence.

The social, economic and cultural renewal of the city will depend on the success of the renewal of our social, economic and cultural relations with the people of the region. As a result our work will be greatly enhanced if it is in tandem and harmonised with our national and regional programmes.

Secondly, the success of our renewal strategy depends on the success of our policy of reconciliation, national and regional unity, as well as social and political stability. Johannesburg needs a nation and a region of mutual trust, peace and well-being.

Thirdly, it is important for us to realise that, to a large degree, the current border conflicts and tensions in some parts of our country, derive mainly from uneven socio-economic development between different areas of our country.

The confounding factor is that most of our provincial boundaries coincide with the geography of ethnic concentration.

Speaking in this truly African city, we must make the point that we should, at all times guard against the danger of pursuing regional or provincial interests in a manner which poses the danger of turning these differences into antagonistic ethnic, racial, regional or provincial conflicts in the course of the scramble for limited resources.

We believe that an important aspect in our renewal and our celebration of this day is the need to make a total commitment that the past and all its horrors shall never happen again and that the bad legacies of that past which are still evident in the larger city shall be eliminated with the greatest possible speed.

The arrival of the democratic order, with its opening to free economic activity, the freedom of movement by the people, has emphasised the point that all of us share a common South African existence and a common economic resource.

Irrespective of colour, race, ethnicity or creed, indeed all of us belong to a single neighbourhood.

Master of Ceremonies,

The economic experience of the city of Johannesburg has also brought to sharp focus the fact that it is risky to build and anchor your economy on a reservoir of diminishing natural resources and potentially volatile commodity markets.

For this reason, part of the renewal strategy should entail diversification and shifting resources steadily from the extraction and procession of primary products, to the production of competitive manufactured goods and services as a basis of our economy as we enter the 21st century, which will, in part, be defined by the impact of the revolution in information and communication technology.

Master of Ceremonies,

The changing international economic flows in production, finance and service industries has also necessitated a paradigm shift in the way in which cities structure their economies.

The greater mobility of human resources and economic activities within and between countries has engendered greater competition for investment between cities across the globe, beyond the confines of national borders.

We see the strategy of the renewal of the city of Johannesburg as constituting an important element of our national Masakhane campaign. The Cabinet has declared the 1st to the 7th of September, this year as the National Masakhane Week.

I take this opportunity to call on the nation - in our localities, in the schools, prisons, government structures, civic organisations, the private sector, sport and cultural bodies, etc, to take part in a campaign which should help us develop an outlook which is in line with the kind of society we are trying to create, consistent with the demands of service to the people and which is conscious of our collective responsibility to our shared existence.

Masakhane is not simply about paying for services but it is about rediscovering our oneness as South Africans who appreciate and understand our shared democratic rights as well as our social obligations.

Master of Ceremonies,

Today the city of Johannesburg is experiencing it s rebirth. Today Johannesburg is placing the people at the centre of its philosophy. Those people who have, all their lives placed their brains and their brawn to its service, should be the first beneficiaries of its renaissance.

We are talking of the street-child who has given it its survival instinct, the street vendor who has given it its informality, the aged whose vitality it has tamed but not vanquished, the investor who has given it its industry and the worker who has seen it grow from a paupered dwarf to an economic giant.

We can now all look forward to a day not too far, when the sound of a Choo-Choo train will make none of us curse the coal train which brought them to Johannesburg.

Indeed, this renewal should mean that we all begin to own the city of Johannesburg and the fruits it is going to bear, because the contribution of all of us in its renewal, its growth, its prosperity is recognised as indispensable.

It should not be that a poor worker who burrows out of a mine shaft, the workers forced to live in squalid conditions in the HIllbrow flatland is driven to ask the questions the poet Bertold Brecht posed:

"Who built Thebes of the Seven Gates? In the books you will find the names of kings. Did the king haul up the lumps of rock, Where, the evening that the Wall of China was finished Did the Masons go? Great Rome is full of triumphant arches. Who created them?"

On behalf of our president, Nelson Mandela, I bring you the warm greetings of the national government of our democratic Republic and its commitment to side by side with you as you resuscitate the heart of the city of Johannesburg.

http://www.anc.org.za/ancdocs/history/mbeki/1997/sp970717.html
Re: Why Is South Africa Moving Backward? by chidichris(m): 1:18pm On Feb 02, 2009
They have made computer avalaible from everyone who jst finished eating to come here and start saying anything he/she likes, Only you i have seen on earth who is free by his master, but still desiring to remain a servant jst becoz u cant stand as a man, You alone will rather be the slave of the whites again jst count other out pls,

@princekevo,
if i am desiring to be a slave which u are not, where are u now and what exactly are u doing? from your gramatical madness, u are not holding any certificate and you are living in macau going by what u claim so definitely u are there to do any odd job thereby enslaving urself to the less than whites.
the problem with many of us here is that we do things that we condem. no nigerian wants or accepts slavery yet 99% of us are either slaves to the whites or to our fellow blacks.
go to any country of this world no matter how timid they are, u must see nigerians who without knowing it, have decided to be slaves overthere instead of coming back here.
the bitter truth is that give 98% of nigerians free visas to europe and america today, they will all jump into the flight without asking, what are we going there for? you see that at the end of the day, we all do whatever is available.

@nuzo,
if you are in china for real, tell me what u are doing there? u are either under labour/human slavery or self made slave as long as i know china. the most funny aspect of life is that those who ran away from nigeria will always lead the campeign of, "Nigeria is good and is the best place to be in the world"
you are the same man always advising us to organise ourselves against the govt. my question is why? tell me how many nigerians that are living free lives or enjoying the benefits that are far from slaves.  slaves for instance do not vote and 90% of nigerians do note and when they do, their votes will not count. slaves make no contributions in the governance of the country. our opinions and wishes have no place in govt so what are we? police go about beating and torturing citizens on daily basis yet we are not slave. nigerians like nuzo have sold all available family belongings and use any possible exit route to run away from the hell we call country.

i have visited at least ten different countries of the world and in each of these countries, young and able bodied nigerians roam the streets in search of daily bread which is what is what people who make sense call freedom.

china and indian jails have uncountable numbers of nigerian inmates serving terms for different offences yet we are not slaves.

prince of macau and nuzo of china, since both of u make sense, please define slavery and tell me how both of you among other nigerians are not slaves.

@chidichris
Was George W. Bush black? or Jimmy Carter?? have u been to the eastern european countries?? does Bulgaria (a much more corrupt country than naija, in fact the mafia actually runs the country) or Romania (don't even get me started on the asian countries like Turkmenistan, Kazakhstan and every"-stan" you can think of including Myanmar.

Let's not forget that Hitler, Stalin and co. were white.

@Davidif,
i like ur refferences if i must go by your logics, you have selected few among the other countries. if u can get bad countries in europe and asia as in governance, u still have many outstanding countries overthere. what happened to africa? could u please make some references to some countries under good governance in africa.

u did mention hitler, he was just a president so what have been happening after him? was he bad to his own people and why is it that every one down here is mad? as long as we are still bias about who we are, moving forward will be difficult. the first step to solving any prob is identifying it.

1 Like

Re: Why Is South Africa Moving Backward? by RSA(m): 1:37pm On Feb 02, 2009
folem:

http://deathofjohannesburg..com/

The Death of Johannesburg

In the 10 years since the Johannesburg Inner City Renewal Strategy was launched by then Deputy President Thabo Mbeki, the City of Gold has indeed experienced a rebirth.

The Johannesburg Development Agency recently honoured those investors whose efforts have seen some of the city’s most derelict and polluted spaces being transformed into attractive, functional and safe developments.

Among the evening’s winners at the city’s inaugural Halala Awards were the Brickfields Housing Project and Ghandi Square.

At the time of its launch in 2005, the R98,7-million Brickfields project was the largest ever public-private partnership in housing development in South Africa, and the first residential development in Joburg's inner city in 30 years.

The Brickfields' developer, Johannesburg Housing Company (JHC), took home the Lower Income Developer: Not Houses but Homes Award for its housing development of 345 one to three bedroom units.

On site amenities include a crèche and an after-school centre which in total accommodate over 100 children who live in Brickfields and the surrounding area.

Managed by the JHC’s non-profit subsidiary Makhulong a Matala, the facilities form part of the JHC’s objective to stimulate economic empowerment of women and young adults in urban communities by investing in early childhood development through education and related activities.

The after school centre is run by qualified teachers and offers a safe and controlled environment where children can do their homework while their parents are still at work. Facilities include desks and chairs, educational games and a mini-library.

Speaking at the launch of Brickfields in 2005, President Thabo Mbeki said, “The Brickfields Housing project is a tangible expression of how the worldwide phenomenon of decaying inner cities, can, through sustainable urbanisation, be transformed into peaceful, better havens and friendly neighbourhoods.”

Ghandi Square, developed by Olitzki Property Holdings, took home the Relaxing and Playing Joburg: The Recreation Destination Award.

The historical square was once home to Johannesburg’s first law courts (1893), at which stage it was known as Government Square. It later housed the Eskom building and in 1948 became known as Van Der Byl Square, after Eskom’s first chairman. During this time the square also became home to the city’s biggest bus terminal, a purpose it still serves today.

Having seen the square degenerate into a mess of vacant derelict buildings, inhabited by vagrants and criminals between heaps of litter, Gerald Olitzki, a lawyer turned property developer, began to invest in his dream in revamping the square.

In 1999 it was renamed Ghandi Square and it was soon after this that Olitzki’s dream began to turn into a reality.

There are now more than 40 high-quality retail tenants in the Square catering for the upmarket and trendy tastes of the more than 240 000 people who visit the Square on a daily basis. Among the tenants are McDonalds, Steers, Sandwich Baron, Spar, Something Fishy, Capellos and a Keg. “There is huge demand for retail space, for high-quality retail, pubs and restaurants of the finest kind,” says Olitzki. 

“What he (Olitzki) saw and what others didn’t see at the time was that there is a tremendous market of people who are in the inner city and want to be in the inner city, both in the commercial space, as well as commuters and residents around the inner city who need retail service," said Lael Bethlehem, CEO of the Johannesburg Development Agency. "Where you create decent retail space, people will fill it.”

The Halala Awards were launched in September 2007 with a call to the public to nominate regeneration projects that deserved to be recognised for their extraordinary contribution to transforming the inner city. More than 80 different projects were nominated. Winners were announced at a Gala Dinner held at Constitution Hill in Johannesburg, last week

http://www.sagoodnews.co.za/general/joburg_honours_inner_city_regeneration_investors.html

http://www.thedplg.gov.za/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=143&Itemid=36

http://www.busrep.co.za/index.php?fSectionId=563&fArticleId=2891841
Re: Why Is South Africa Moving Backward? by princekevo(m): 3:13pm On Feb 02, 2009
@princekevo,
if i am desiring to be a slave which u are not, where are u now and what exactly are u doing? from your gramatical madness, u are not holding any certificate and you are living in macau going by what u claim so definitely u are there to do any odd job thereby enslaving urself to the less than whites.
the problem with many of us here is that we do things that we condem. no nigerian wants or accepts slavery yet 99% of us are either slaves to the whites or to our fellow blacks.
go to any country of this world no matter how timid they are, u must see nigerians who without knowing it, have decided to be slaves overthere instead of coming back here.
the bitter truth is that give 98% of nigerians free visas to europe and america today, they will all jump into the flight without asking, what are we going there for? you see that at the end of the day, we all do whatever is available.

You know wht? Your post jst proved to me ur level of reasoning, Am not here on Nairaland to exhibit knowledge, but to have my fun, so my guy no one is fighting with u or against you, But am completely against ur ideas, and i think that dosnt make me an illetrate. Or does it, ?Please Wht is ur definition of the word certificate? I might not have ur own defined certificate but the one i have could got me a job in a place where i compete with Americans, British and Australians and Europeans, If working in another country means slavery to you, according to ur own definition of slavery, Then i think A lot of Americans, British,Eroupeans and Australians here are under slaves to Macau government, Go and google about Macau and see wht u get.
I will jst leave u here with one word of wisdom, Only a fool thinks it is in another man's hand to to put his father's house in place. Listen my fren, after all said and done African future still lies on the Today's youth, But as a youth, u jst proved urself useless by thinking only the whites could fix Africa for you.You better wake up from your dream and take up ur responsibility and stop waiting on the whites,
Re: Why Is South Africa Moving Backward? by KnowAll(m): 4:10pm On Feb 02, 2009
The HIV epidemic I have been asking myself how come its so rampard in SA, I have a very strong conviction that this same white people running away were the preparatrators of this epidemic in the first place. How can a disease spread like that, there is a calculated attempt to wipe out the black SA's. Is it only SA africa that has un-protected sex in the world ?, yet the disease has been curtailed in almost every nation in the world even in Naija. I was watching a hospital programme in SA and most of the doctors attending to the patients were all whites and asians, it only takes one rogue doctor to start an epidemy.
Re: Why Is South Africa Moving Backward? by chidichris(m): 4:30pm On Feb 02, 2009
You know wht? Your post jst proved to me ur level of reasoning, Am not here on Nairaland to exhibit knowledge, but to have my fun, so my guy no one is fighting with u or against you, But am completely against ur ideas, and i think that dosnt make me an illetrate. Or does it, ?Please Wht is ur definition of the word certificate? I might not have ur own defined certificate but the one i have could got me a job in a place where i compete with Americans, British and Australians and Europeans, If working in another country means slavery to you, according to ur own definition of slavery, Then i think A lot of Americans, British,Eroupeans and Australians here are under slaves to Macau government, Go and google about Macau and see wht u get.
I will jst leave u here with one word of wisdom, Only a fool thinks it is in another man's hand to to put his father's house in place. Listen my fren, after all said and done African future still lies on the Today's youth, But as a youth, u jst proved urself useless by thinking only the whites could fix Africa for you.You better wake up from your dream and take up ur responsibility and stop waiting on the whites,

from the tone of your last post, i can see u are angry but it will do u good if you learn to live by the addage which say, those who live in glass houses do not throw stone. the worst crime u have committed against me is getting angry.
below is ur response to my post here;

i have googled macau as u directed and the picture in this attachment defines the situation in country much more less than a local govt area in nigeria. a poor country of about 590,000. please tell us what kind of certificate you are using that placed u above americans in the half china country. could you please tell urself the truth.
in china, nigerians whose visas expire do go to the neighbouring countries to extend their visas and in most cases get stranded there. macau from your google depends more on tourism so do u use ur certificates within the beaches in macau packing plastic chairs and picnic canopies? are very good in swiming that you are working with the rescue team arround their beaches.

brother, come back home. let us work together and make nigeria good. the destiny of our country lies with the youth and you have decided to run to china with Nuzo so who are the youths? Tony annenih is back as the chairman of nigerian ports authority while u are using ur marine certificates above americans in macau when u can occupy that sensitive position back home. the same old fools and doing their things here and you among other youths are wasting in non existing countries like macau. what if you are been used as tourist attraction to the visiting whites in macau?

do u know where u come from? nigeria. blessed with oil and other mineral resources. i have been to india, dubai and someother countries but asia is the worst place for an african man to exist but what can one do? i know that u are not there with ur mind but God will see u through.

please if the attached picture does not represent macau in ur valuation, do get back to me for more convincing information about ur place of abode.

u are not alone in ur wildernesss as most nigerians have jumped into the aircraft as soon as they hear that a particular country i visa free to nigeria so am not surprised that u are there.

brother, i have decided to say these few things to help u understand that we are aware of the situation of nigerians outsidebecause we were once involved.

1 Like

Re: Why Is South Africa Moving Backward? by SkyBlue1: 4:55pm On Feb 02, 2009
chidichris:

@princekevo,

@nuzo,
if you are in china for real, tell me what u are doing there? u are either under labour/human slavery or self made slave as long as i know china. the most funny aspect of life is that those who ran away from nigeria will always lead the campeign of, "Nigeria is good and is the best place to be in the world"
you are the same man always advising us to organise ourselves against the govt. my question is why? tell me how many nigerians that are living free lives or enjoying the benefits that are far from slaves. slaves for instance do not vote and 90% of nigerians do note and when they do, their votes will not count. slaves make no contributions in the governance of the country. our opinions and wishes have no place in govt so what are we? police go about beating and torturing citizens on daily basis yet we are not slave. nigerians like nuzo have sold all available family belongings and use any possible exit route to run away from the hell we call country.

i have visited at least ten different countries of the world and in each of these countries, young and able bodied nigerians roam the streets in search of daily bread which is what is what people who make sense call freedom.

china and indian jails have uncountable numbers of nigerian inmates serving terms for different offences yet we are not slaves.

prince of macau and nuzo of china, since both of u make sense, please define slavery and tell me how both of you among other nigerians are not slaves.

@Davidif,
i like ur refferences if i must go by your logics, you have selected few among the other countries. if u can get bad countries in europe and asia as in governance, u still have many outstanding countries overthere. what happened to africa? could u please make some references to some countries under good governance in africa.

u did mention hitler, he was just a president so what have been happening after him? was he bad to his own people and why is it that every one down here is mad? as long as we are still bias about who we are, moving forward will be difficult. the first step to solving any prob is identifying it.

Very interesting post cheesy.
Funny enough the post contains a lot of truth.

1 Like

Re: Why Is South Africa Moving Backward? by princekevo(m): 9:07pm On Feb 02, 2009
chidichris:

from the tone of your last post, i can see u are angry but it will do u good if you learn to live by the addage which say, those who live in glass houses do not throw stone. the worst crime u have committed against me is getting angry.

i have googled macau as u directed and the picture in this attachment defines the situation in country much more less than a local govt area in nigeria. a poor country of about 590,000. please tell us what kind of certificate you are using that placed u above americans in the half china country. could you please tell urself the truth.
in china, nigerians whose visas expire do go to the neighbouring countries to extend their visas and in most cases get stranded there. macau from your google depends more on tourism so do u use ur certificates within the beaches in macau packing plastic chairs and picnic canopies? are very good in swiming that you are working with the rescue team arround their beaches.

brother, come back home. let us work together and make nigeria good. the destiny of our country lies with the youth and you have decided to run to china with Nuzo so who are the youths? Tony annenih is back as the chairman of nigerian ports authority while u are using ur marine certificates above americans in macau when u can occupy that sensitive position back home. the same old fools and doing their things here and you among other youths are wasting in non existing countries like macau. what if you are been used as tourist attraction to the visiting whites in macau?

do u know where u come from? nigeria. blessed with oil and other mineral resources. i have been to india, dubai and someother countries but asia is the worst place for an african man to exist but what can one do? i know that u are not there with ur mind but God will see u through.

please if the attached picture does not represent macau in ur valuation, do get back to me for more convincing information about ur place of abode.

u are not alone in ur wildernesss as most nigerians have jumped into the aircraft as soon as they hear that a particular country i visa free to nigeria so am not surprised that u are there.

brother, i have decided to say these few things to help u understand that we are aware of the situation of nigerians outsidebecause we were once involved.

Why should be i angry over your post? Jst that i hate it when people thinks the solutions to their problem lies in someone else, You initial post suggested that the solution to Africaan problems lies in the hands of the whites, As such we should go back to the days of slavery, You cant tell me that u are wiser than our fore fathers who laid their lives for our independence, That africa is not moving foward means that the leaders are doing wrong and there is no any other alternative way foward than to the right thing,

brother, come back home. let us work together and make nigeria good. the destiny of our country lies with the youth and you have decided to run to china with Nuzo so who are the youths?

Am glad u finally realise that the solution to our problem lies in our hands mostly we the youths and not in the hands of the whites, I jst read on a thread where a Nigerian donated a million dolar to a school he graduated from, Did u imagine if such amount is being donated in any of the Nigerian universities? Do u blame the guy for that? the answer is NO, Many other talents like that from Nigeria are being Utilized abroad, Have u asked youself why?
You have to ask yourself this question, If those talents out there comes back home to request for ur vote without money, are u gonna vote for them. Are you ready to scarifies knowing fully well that they possess all it takes to move africa foward? If u are sincere to urself NO is the answer, That is our problem. bros is not that we dont have people like Obama In Nigeria, but the current political situation will silence people like him,  I tell you if Obama were to contest as a president in Nigeria, only the party will silence his ambition. based on wht they call their own craterial for presidency he will not even be nominated by any of the Nigerian party,

For ur opinion about Macau i dont know exactly the information. u got from the google but my fren i tell you that was Macau of yesterday and not mordern Macau, Macau i will tell u is currently the Asian lasvegas, The 2nd casino city in the world world, after lasvegas, And as off last year 2008 the profit made by casinos here were almost 20% more than wht lasvegas made, Wht ever casino u can find in lasvegas they have its branch here. In that same small macau u can find the 2nd largest resort in the world which is Venetian Macao, Macao is presently a sovereign state jst like hongkong, A Portuguese colony, A small country not more than a local govt. in Nigeria as u said but full of opportunities that Nigeria as a whole dont have even with all the natural resource God gave us.Macao have no single natural resource but still their Government mad something out of nothing, New casinos keep popping up everyday, The dream city will soon be completed which is gonna be the would largest resort, And will provide 200,000 employment, Venetian city alone provided more than 60,000 and still lacking employee, Not to talk of Wynn's Macao, Then tell me how many is Macao population itself, This is the only country i have seen the citizens demonstrating against the government for giving room for such a rapid development, I think that is an opener to you, I will leave with some few site to read and feed Ur eyes with the pictures there,

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://compass.ups.com/uploadedImages/Articles/International/articleImg_macau.jpg&imgrefurl=http://compass.ups.com/goingglobal/article.aspx%3Fid%3D558&h=265&w=307&sz=35&tbnid=65tlT1iPAwnUUM::&tbnh=101&tbnw=117&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmacau%2Bpictures&hl=zh-TW&usg=__FbHaltLqWF1Ur61gbTjNmZ6J70I=&sa=X&oi=image_result&resnum=4&ct=image&cd=1

http://www.flickery.com/photos/scourger/sets/72157602192853791/

http://www.mousetrapping.com/tripping/post.php?p=307

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=396343

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://macau.a2zcasino.eu/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/wynn-macau.jpg&imgrefurl=http://macau.a2zcasino.eu/%3Fs%3D%25E6%25BE%25B3&h=333&w=500&sz=160&tbnid=WmDGp8KFFrJJ8M::&tbnh=87&tbnw=130&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmacau%2Bpictures&hl=zh-TW&usg=__hoyVKsps0X4M1iHG8My3lyAmJRI=&sa=X&oi=image_result&resnum=1&ct=image&cd=1

Wish i have time to get more interesting picture to u,
Re: Why Is South Africa Moving Backward? by chidichris(m): 7:58am On Feb 03, 2009
@princekevo,
i am begining to feel u have been away for a very long time.
the guy who donated $1m is a poor man. nigeria has 1 million of his type yet nothing is happening. yar adua campeign donation was 10 times his budget for the election.
be informed that present day nigeria does not conduct elections. nobody's vote counts here. there is a new trend of choosing rulers known as selection.
please be not decieved with such chinese light pictures of urs as every country has hers. nigeria was on cnn adverts until cnn went to niger delta to show the world part of niger where the oil come from hence the need to call cnn betrayals.
america and las vegas were the dream of beauty until the new orlands pictures showed during huricane. the big question is? who is macau? casino comes with beach and such places when they go down, they just collaspe like a bambo house. a single incident maybe that will result to americans warning their citizens off macau and u will see there will be no more casinos and ur certificate will seize to be useful.
if you still remember the topic of this post, it is about our leaders. i am tell u aain, they are doomed otherwise the man who donated $1m will do something back home and your much talked about certificate will be useful to the country that gave it to u - nigeria.
blacks have a madman mentality that has turned educated men like u to slaves to backward people like macau.
your type is needed at home and you are there wasting your youthful age to come back to nigeria when u will be less useful to nigeria and then with little or no knowledge of nigeria u will be made the minister of petrolium hence the problem. because you have spent more time in macau, a country of 590,000 people, u will like to rule nigeria with macau mentality hence the madness.

borother permit me to call u a hypocrite if you say the destiny of nigeria is in the hands of the youth and you are wasting ur youth over there in macau. u preach one thing and u do another. come back home, contribute your quota of this change that you preach. if you work there and live a good life, why are u decieving others here. be a real man, do what u preach. leadership by example is the name of the game.
when did u notice that the youth will change nigeria, before or after u must have escaped from this hell called nigeria?

you chinese partner nuzo keep on preaching revolution while he is in china. assuming youths back home go by the words of this deciet, all of us will die in the process and both of you will come back to reap where u did not sow. God forbid bad thing.

if you guys are not coming back, nigerian youths back home will go on a joint prayer that something will happen to both of u overthere so that they will bring u back to be part of this process.

please come back home, use ur certificate to open a casino here and we will be making 50% more than las vegas. blacks are not mentally sound enough to pilot leadership affairs and that accounts for why everybody among the rulers here are going mad. trace the investments their in macau and u will end up knowing that nigerians must have invested in that economy with our oil money.

can any person in macau match the financial powers of a governor in nigeria takless of his royal moneyness OBJ-excess money man.
Re: Why Is South Africa Moving Backward? by Muza(m): 9:56am On Feb 03, 2009
@ poster,
the answer is not far fetched,
Is south Africa not an African country.
Re: Why Is South Africa Moving Backward? by princekevo(m): 11:31am On Feb 03, 2009
chidichris:

@princekevo,
i am begining to feel u have been away for a very long time.
the guy who donated $1m is a poor man. nigeria has 1 million of his type yet nothing is happening. yar adua campeign donation was 10 times his budget for the election.
be informed that present day nigeria does not conduct elections. nobody's vote counts here. there is a new trend of choosing rulers known as selection.
please be not decieved with such chinese light pictures of urs as every country has hers. nigeria was on cnn adverts until cnn went to niger delta to show the world part of niger where the oil come from hence the need to call cnn betrayals.
america and las vegas were the dream of beauty until the new orlands pictures showed during huricane. the big question is? who is macau? casino comes with beach and such places when they go down, they just collaspe like a bambo house. a single incident maybe that will result to americans warning their citizens off macau and u will see there will be no more casinos and ur certificate will seize to be useful.
if you still remember the topic of this post, it is about our leaders. i am tell u aain, they are doomed otherwise the man who donated $1m will do something back home and your much talked about certificate will be useful to the country that gave it to u - nigeria.
blacks have a madman mentality that has turned educated men like u to slaves to backward people like macau.
your type is needed at home and you are there wasting your youthful age to come back to nigeria when u will be less useful to nigeria and then with little or no knowledge of nigeria u will be made the minister of petrolium hence the problem. because you have spent more time in macau, a country of 590,000 people, u will like to rule nigeria with macau mentality hence the madness.

borother permit me to call u a hypocrite if you say the destiny of nigeria is in the hands of the youth and you are wasting ur youth over there in macau. u preach one thing and u do another. come back home, contribute your quota of this change that you preach. if you work there and live a good life, why are u decieving others here. be a real man, do what u preach. leadership by example is the name of the game.
when did u notice that the youth will change nigeria, before or after u must have escaped from this hell called nigeria?

you chinese partner nuzo keep on preaching revolution while he is in china. assuming youths back home go by the words of this deciet, all of us will die in the process and both of you will come back to reap where u did not sow. God forbid bad thing.

if you guys are not coming back, nigerian youths back home will go on a joint prayer that something will happen to both of u overthere so that they will bring u back to be part of this process.

please come back home, use ur certificate to open a casino here and we will be making 50% more than las vegas. blacks are not mentally sound enough to pilot leadership affairs and that accounts for why everybody among the rulers here are going mad. trace the investments their in macau and u will end up knowing that nigerians must have invested in that economy with our oil money.

can any person in macau match the financial powers of a governor in nigeria takless of his royal moneyness OBJ-excess money man.

I asked you one simple question you failed to answer, Why do you think the youths of Nigeria are scattered abroad?You can answer that by telling us why u are in Dubai and not in Nigeria, We might not dispute the fact that Nigeria have people who can donate more than $1million yet it dosnt shake their pocket, But the issue here is that those Billioniers graduated from one school or the other in Nigeria, how many of them could donate such amount to a school? take time to read my previous posts in other thread u understand the gospel i would keep on preaching, Like i told u b4, the developement of that Nation Lies in our hands mostly we the youth and not the whites, I think that was the bases of our arguements, Am glad u realise that,
I might not come up here and start announcing wht and where i have contributed my own quota as a youth to make Nigerian great, Am not one of those who solve Nigerian problem jst here online, but in mind and acts,
Yah the youths might be scattered abroad, but we have a saying in language that says "the moving back of a goat during fight dosnt mean runing away from the fight but for a reinforcement; Only to come back with a more force",
But mate i will leave u with one word, Keep representing Nigerian in a gud manner wherever u found urself, Dont think its only when u go down to Nigeria and become the president,minister,or a senatore that u cant make a change, Dont wait until yo have millions to donate, You can contribute you quota jst by restoring the image of Nigeria abroad, Representing us well were ever u find urself, That is also part of rebuilding Nigerian future which the whites cannot do for you, Brighten the corner(Nigerian image) where ever you are,
Think i have done enough justice to this thread am off, lol
Re: Why Is South Africa Moving Backward? by RSA(m): 12:22pm On Feb 03, 2009
This atricle was written by a Nigerian

Are We Really The Giant Of Africa?

Sam Nda-Isaiah
January 11th, 2009

I have just returned from a vacation in South Africa that saw me traversing Johannesburg, Cape Town and the magical Sun City. South Africa is a First World country built by the whites but which has been maintained, improved and constantly renewed by the black ANC-controlled government since 1994. They were lucky to have had Nelson Mandela as the first post-apartheid black president and not Robert Mugabe or Olusegun Obasanjo. Mandela who once declared that "courageous people do not fear forgiving" laid a rock-solid nationalist foundation based on the principles of true democracy, predicated on free and fair elections, rule of law and justice. He insisted on spending only one term as a sacrifice for the growth of democracy and statecraft in the country he loves so much. That is why when the man (or to him, the boy) he groomed to succeed him got too close to Obasanjo and in the process picked up a few bad manners and wanted to remain in power and reckoning beyond his brief, he was humbled at his party's convention and subsequently thrown out as the nation's president. And everything was done according to the rule of law and due process.

There are still crimes and hooliganism in the country. In fact, South Africa is renowned for its violent crimes, but the difference with Nigeria is that you could see the government spending sleepless nights trying to solve the problem. These days, there are installed cameras and CCTVs everywhere, especially in the crime-infested areas, to spot criminals. And, in more than 90% of cases, those who perpetrate crimes are apprehended. Robbers and assassins are taken into custody almost on a daily basis. In Nigeria, a serving minister of justice was assassinated seven years ago but, as I write, the authorities are not even looking for the criminals. Bola Ige is only one of numerous examples. There are also the cases of Sa'adatu Rimi, Marshal Harry, Aminosoari Dikibo and a host of others. Maybe, another difference between the reality of crime in Nigeria and South Africa is that the people that are supposed to be searching for and apprehending criminals are the same people that are perpetrating the crimes.

Another thing. There is no large water source in Johannesburg, so the city sources its water supply from a neighbouring country. In spite of that, all the taps gush with water with the kind of pressure that we in Nigeria can only imagine. There are no potholes at all on any of their roads, and, everywhere you go, there are ongoing new projects. Less than two years ago, the government decided to build a new rail line. By June this year, it will be completed and you see the efforts to complete it everywhere you go. They are constructing larger and more sophisticated stadia – bigger than the disposal one Obasanjo built in Abuja, but at even less the cost. They are constructing the stadia in Johannesburg, Cape Town and Durban, and you see work going on day and night. There are no abandoned projects in South Africa and contractors are not owed.

And, as we all know, a black majority government has been in place for 15 years. Since then, the economy has grown exponentially so much so that the Rand, the local currency, has not only maintained its convertibility, it has even become stronger. Their priority in education is covetable. Less than two weeks ago, the results of their secondary school certificate exams were released and the entire country has been engrossed with the progress or otherwise that their leaders of tomorrow are making. Newspapers and TV stations are discussing the results on a daily basis. They are currently busy assessing the performance of their children in critical subjects like Mathematics and the sciences. As a Nigerian onlooker, I was both impressed and depressed. Impressed at the purposefulness of a fellow African country, and depressed that my country has not even enlisted in the global race for the future.

A few weeks ago, South Africa's minister of health was ill and had to seek medical attention, but she dared not attend her regular private hospital much less travel to Germany or Saudi Arabia for treatment. In Nigeria, the president travels out on a regular basis to seek medical attention in hospitals in foreign countries without the slightest courtesy of even informing Nigerians. Meanwhile, all the public hospitals in Nigeria have now become places people only go to die. And why not? For almost one year last year, the nation had no minister of health.

In South Africa, every day you read the newspapers you see how the government is frantically responding to the global financial crisis. Nigeria is doing nothing because those in power are living under the self-delusion that Nigeria is "not affected by the crisis". Meanwhile, the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) has all but collapsed.

But all that does not even begin to explain why I am sad at the moment. As our aircraft made to land at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos, at the weekend, the entire city was without power supply. And as we drove to our hotel to spend the night before leaving for Abuja the following day, only the few houses that had generators had power supply. The whole of Lagos was in pitch darkness. But that's only the beginning of the story.

When I called my friend who had also just returned from his own vacation from, of all places, Liberia to tell him my ordeal, he was even angrier than I was. Throughout the one week he spent in Monrovia, the Liberian capital, he said, there was no power outage, even though the country had just emerged from a devastating internecine war. He said on his way back, they flew across a few African countries including Ghana, and because it was at night, they saw the glow of light bulbs in all the countries they flew across until they got to Nigeria. As they landed in Lagos, the entire city, Nigeria's commercial capital, was without electricity.

Nigeria is probably the only country in the world that is still in pitch darkness and getting worse. And this is after Obasanjo had spent $16 billion in eight years on the sector. And, as if that was not bad enough for me, another friend who had read my column two weeks ago – where I said, "Nigeria is regressing and sinking so fast that many of us may soon be spending vacation in backwater countries like Niger Republic" – called me. He told me that I was not even current enough. He and his family had just returned from a vacation in Niger Republic where they had peace and a hell of a good time. And he added, "There was no power outage throughout the period we were there."

That also reminded me of Col. Dangiwa Umar's brilliant letter to former President Obasanjo a few years ago. He told Obasanjo in the letter that he travelled by land to Niger Republic via Sokoto. He knew he had left Nigeria when the road suddenly became smooth without a hint of potholes. That, of course, was after Obasanjo had spent N350 billion "constructing roads".

The Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English defines delusions of grandeur as "the belief that you are much more important than you really are". No, Nigeria is not the giant of Africa, unless we are suffering from a classical case of delusions of grandeur. But we have what it takes to become one in the shortest possible time. We are a relatively well-educated, sophisticated and confident people. We are indisputably the intellectual hub of Africa. But we have allowed crooks and rogues to take over our commonweal for far too long. And it is not the fault of those rogue leaders. It is our collective fault. They would not be in power, if it were not with our consent.

http://leadershipnigeria.com/news/12, 009-01-11.html
Re: Why Is South Africa Moving Backward? by Mpele(m): 1:21pm On Feb 03, 2009
RSA! Just leave these people, most of them are so jealous of South Africa. They have this obssession with us. Just leave them to rant & rant & rant. They so wish that South Africa could become like Nigeria, where everything is a mess. Right now as I'm posting, I'm sitting with a Liberian student. When he so this,he just rolled down on the floor with laughter. He was actually telling me that that's how these people are.
They're so negative of everything, they hate their government and they hate themselves. I'm one of the South Africans who actually acknowledged the fact that yes we have challenges, especially AIDS and Crime. Only a fool will laugh to people who have AIDS, because even successful countries like India are struggling with the AIDS pandemic. It seems as if in Nigeria not a single person have AIDS.
When coming to crime, i don't know. I've never been a victim of crime since I was born in this country. Crime is there but mainly people who hate this country are the ones who dwell on it.
I wonder if this country is sooo bad in the eyes of Nigerians, then why do we have over a half a million Nigerians in this country refusing to home.

After the xenophobic attacks many foreigners refused to go home.
I'm proud of myself, because regardless of the problems we have in this country, I remain proudly South African and I will jealously guard this country with my life. I don't give f#$%%% what some Nigerian says about Mzansi Africa. Our only crime in this continent is that we have things that they don't have. Beautiful malls, beaches, first class infrastructure and we don't have to board a plane to enjoy finner things in life.

The fact that who developed this country, is a non issue, even whites don't talk about that, its only Nigerians who rant about it. Whether whites or Indians developed South Africa or what, the fact is the country is developed and our black government continue to develop it. WHO CARES. LIVE WITH THAT.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is South Africa Moving Backward? by Mpele(m): 1:36pm On Feb 03, 2009
The underground tunnel for one of the fastest trains in the world was complited. The Gautrain is the first of its kind in Africa. Japan,Germany, France etc here we come boys.

IN SOUTH AFRICA WE WALK THE TALK! ALL TALK, ALL ACTION

http://www.thetimes.co.za/News/Article.aspx?id=931436

http://multimedia.thetimes.co.za/videos/2008/10/gautrain-breaking-ground/
Re: Why Is South Africa Moving Backward? by superboi(m): 1:38pm On Feb 03, 2009
MPELE!!! YOU saying leave this people, but eveyday you are in a nigerian forum trying to diss nigerians, i bet you one of those broke south africans that all they do in the malls is to window shop and mugg other people.
Re: Why Is South Africa Moving Backward? by CrudeOil2(m): 2:59pm On Feb 03, 2009
I dont Know
Re: Why Is South Africa Moving Backward? by morpheus24: 3:17pm On Feb 03, 2009
Mpele:

RSA! Just leave these people, most of them are so jealous of South Africa. They have this obssession with us. Just leave them to rant & rant & rant. They so wish that South Africa could become like Nigeria, where everything is a mess. Right now as I'm posting, I'm sitting with a Liberian student. When he so this,he just rolled down on the floor with laughter. He was actually telling me that that's how these people are.
They're so negative of everything, they hate their government and they hate themselves. I'm one of the South Africans who actually acknowledged the fact that yes we have challenges, especially AIDS and Crime. Only a fool will laugh to people who have AIDS, because even successful countries like India are struggling with the AIDS pandemic. It seems as if in Nigeria not a single person have AIDS.
When coming to crime, i don't know. I've never been a victim of crime since I was born in this country. Crime is there but mainly people who hate this country are the ones who dwell on it.
I wonder if this country is sooo bad in the eyes of Nigerians, then why do we have over a half a million Nigerians in this country refusing to home.

After the xenophobic attacks many foreigners refused to go home.
I'm proud of myself, because regardless of the problems we have in this country, I remain proudly South African and I will jealously guard this country with my life. I don't give f#$%%% what some Nigerian says about Mzansi Africa. Our only crime in this continent is that we have things that they don't have. Beautiful malls, beaches, first class infrastructure and we don't have to board a plane to enjoy finner things in life.

The fact that who developed this country, is a non issue, even whites don't talk about that, its only Nigerians who rant about it. Whether whites or Indians developed South Africa or what, the fact is the country is developed and our black government continue to develop it. WHO CARES. LIVE WITH THAT.

First you say we are jealous of you and can't stop talking about you. Notice how most of the topics on South Africa are either brought up by you numskulls or by some "Mugu" SA girl whose Nigerian boyfriend dumped her.

I gurantee you, If you, Angelheart, Luaranette and RSA vamus from this forum no one will be talking about SA for a long time coming we have other issues to attend to. Just try it and see.

The liberian guy is lauging with you but when The RUF and Taylors hoodlums come back, he knows who his country will call first to come help, plus he knows your ass is xenophobic so is simply try to apease you. Guy,You no know wetin dey happen!

The statistic reads 1 out of 4 SA is either HIV postive or knows someone who is, Likewise 1 out of 4 persons in SA has been a victim of crime or knows someone who has.n Thats alarming! Llike I said you didn't go to school and are busy building those railroads and stadiums, cause if you did you would just hav to ask 4 of your friends and if one acknowledges that they have been or know someone who either has Aids or has been a victim of crime then stats are relatively accurate.

As long as you numskulls keep praising your Suncity, casinos and malls as great acheivements of modern society while you trade this for moral decadence, lesbianism, rape,xenophobia,ethnocentrism, we will continue to point out your ever growing problems.

What really erks you is that you can't go anywhere inside or Outside of your country without coming in contact with a Naija and obviously are fascinated by this phenomena. Don't worry the Banana Republic of Rainbow nations will soon see the light.
Re: Why Is South Africa Moving Backward? by chidichris(m): 7:36pm On Feb 03, 2009
the issue here is not about the position of south africa or wether africa is growing or not rather the question is what is wrong with the blacks? the whites built south africa and till date they are the no 1 as long as africa is concerned. if we want to be truthful to ourselves, we will agree that if the whites are still in charge till now, south africa will not be where they are by now. the rate of growth the black controled african countries, could only be compared with the movement of a snail.
just look at the state of our roads here in nigeria, look at the security system, look at the power supply and we can believe that no matter how poor any white man's country is, these are things govt owe their people.
someone was comparing african countries with some european countries and asian countries but i can'r remember any living in the midst of generator of different sounds to get power supply.
we as a continent is blessed with different mineral resources but we are doomed in the areas of leadership.

@princekevo,
nigerian youths are scathered all over the world in search of greener pasture at least to change the colour of their parents soups. ground no level for naija.
Re: Why Is South Africa Moving Backward? by Ellyptical: 8:37pm On Feb 04, 2009
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-227264.0.html

Whats your take on the question on that thread?
The answer may help you understand why the poster is talking the way he is talking right now.

(1) (2) (Reply)

If You Are The President Of Nigeria, What Will You Do Differently? / Why We Want Gbajabiamila As Speaker - Kaduna Rep / Lagos, Onne Ports To Get Scanners In 2 Weeks – Customs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 283
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.