Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:41 AM

House Orders PRESSID Stopped Due To Abscence Of Northerners On List - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / House Orders PRESSID Stopped Due To Abscence Of Northerners On List (36418 Views)

FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) / Nairaland Lives On Irrrespective Of Barcanista Abscence / List Of Northerners And Their Appointments Under Gej's Government! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: House Orders PRESSID Stopped Due To Abscence Of Northerners On List by Nobody: 6:59am On Apr 24, 2015
hardywaltz:

Once they mentioned WikeD's name I knew wuruwuru most be involved.
THAT'S THE DIVIDENDS OF BEING A SLAVE NJOY
Re: House Orders PRESSID Stopped Due To Abscence Of Northerners On List by drtwist(m): 7:04am On Apr 24, 2015
Re: House Orders PRESSID Stopped Due To Abscence Of Northerners On List by eaglechild: 7:06am On Apr 24, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
you alwys live by stories I guess. For example:

1. ojukwu is a hero. Even we knew he ran away.

2. We are the majority in Lagos. And yet ur vote for agbaje proved u very wrong.

3. We are the backbone of the economy. Yet how many production company Igbo people get? U guys are into buying and selling. And if u produce, na fake.

4. We are the first in education. Yet, ur arguments are insipid, vapid, lacking facts and figures. And even a certificateless buhari had more sense dn ur doctor...

In a but shell, do u just believed that northerners are dullards? If course, since the stories say so. angry
You have veered off topic.

Some states (northern) felt they were not represented and thus called for cancellation of the scheme.

The NUC Secretary explains that it is strictly merit based.

Does this not show that those states fell short in terms of producing quality candidates?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Orders PRESSID Stopped Due To Abscence Of Northerners On List by MalcoImX: 7:10am On Apr 24, 2015
hardywaltz:

Once they mentioned WikeD's name I knew wuruwuru most be involved.
Wike became a Minister under Jonathan through a woman he called his Jesus on Earth.
Re: House Orders PRESSID Stopped Due To Abscence Of Northerners On List by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:14am On Apr 24, 2015
eaglechild:

Some states (northern) felt they were not represented and thus called for cancellation of the scheme.

Does this not show that those states fell short in terms of producing quality candidates?
u have misunderstood the whole argument. They believed the process is unfair because some people are favoring their own side because their people are at the helm of processing.

That was the undertone.

My response to dt guy is not because I bilivd the assertion, but because he shld stop biliving dt on a fair ground, a northerner cannot make the list.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: House Orders PRESSID Stopped Due To Abscence Of Northerners On List by CSTR2: 7:15am On Apr 24, 2015
PassingShot:
What the House has requested the PRESSID to submit are in order. The requested evidence will go a long way in establishing whether fairness was employed in selecting the beneficiaries.

At least if you say no first class candidates from a certain part of the country applied, then present the list of applicants to verify your claim. As simple as ABC.
We willl see where your ilks will lead this country to,.you sentimental slowpoke.

1 Like

Re: House Orders PRESSID Stopped Due To Abscence Of Northerners On List by eaglechild: 7:19am On Apr 24, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
u have misunderstood the whole argument. They believed the process is unfair because some people are favoring their own side because their people are at the helm of processing.

That was the undertone.

My response to dt guy is not because I bilivd the assertion, but because he shld stop biliving dt on a fair ground, a northerner cannot make the list.
Some states could not even qualify in the first place based on the first class criterion.
Re: House Orders PRESSID Stopped Due To Abscence Of Northerners On List by CSTR2: 7:21am On Apr 24, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:

That was the undertone.

And you have proof that the process wasn't fair?
Is it the northern legislators that created a 2% pass mark for yobe and borno that wants fair process.?
You think the number of northerners in academic institutions would not be fewer if the process was fair?
My friend, buhari has turned your brain to sawdust.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: House Orders PRESSID Stopped Due To Abscence Of Northerners On List by PassingShot(m): 7:23am On Apr 24, 2015
CSTR2:
We willl see where your ilks will lead this country to,.you sentimental slowpoke.

I guess comprehension is a major problem for you.

Don't expect me to dignify you with another reply.

4 Likes

Re: House Orders PRESSID Stopped Due To Abscence Of Northerners On List by PassingShot(m): 7:26am On Apr 24, 2015
eaglechild:

PRESSID was asked to present evidence of the claim that certain part of the country didn't apply because there were no qualified candidates.

1 Like

Re: House Orders PRESSID Stopped Due To Abscence Of Northerners On List by CSTR2: 7:27am On Apr 24, 2015
PassingShot:

I guess comprehension is a major problem for you.

Don't expect me to dignify you with another reply.
Yes, i heard fools only understand themselves.
What an idiott.
Asking me why i can't understand his justification for northern backwardness.
Re: House Orders PRESSID Stopped Due To Abscence Of Northerners On List by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:28am On Apr 24, 2015
CSTR2:
And you have proof that the process wasn't fair?
Is it the northern legislators that created a 2% pass mark for yobe and borno that wants fair process.?
You think the number of northerners in academic institutions would not be fewer if the process was fair?
My friend, buhari has turned your brain to sawdust.
do u read? No; I guess.

Did u see the part where I said " not dt I bilivd the assertion", no?

Well, your bad.

The truth is, stop the fallacy dt the north are not intelligent. In fact, they are as good as the igbos in retail and marketing.

And biliv me, when u meet a well educated northerner, u will understand what intelligence means. My point is, no region has an autonomy of anything; there are no proof that a northerner will never make 1 out of the whole 100 in the list na.

2 Likes

Re: House Orders PRESSID Stopped Due To Abscence Of Northerners On List by HzRF(m): 7:28am On Apr 24, 2015
Wsdm:

If you have never been to the North before, ask those of your friends who have. Any student from the North who got second class can challenge any of you with first class. We dont give out degrees in the North through prostitution and cultism. Ask Jega.
The house leaders simply asked for transparency in the schorlarship scheme and you are tailking of federal character. Why are you people so boastfull of wrong doing?
What transperency are they seeking
They should first start transparency by making sure that my young sis who will. Need 100marks to even stand a chance of gaining admission into unity school in Osun is d same with a boy from zamfara
They should start from d root
And did d board that control d scheme fail to give a northern who qualifies nd won d scholarship?

Even ur almajiri can compete with our PhD
No be Nigeria,maybe u don't knw that
A man with Islamic study alone has higher chance than a PhD from d south ND east wen it comes to federal appointment

When quota system is fast blazing lyk 4G network

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Orders PRESSID Stopped Due To Abscence Of Northerners On List by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:30am On Apr 24, 2015
eaglechild:

Some states could not even qualify in the first place based on the first class criterion.

let us assume we knw nothing of the process. Let us settle this by accepting that both sides were right and wrong. Let's put a lid on it and hope it will be resolved, yes?

Thank u
Re: House Orders PRESSID Stopped Due To Abscence Of Northerners On List by MalcoImX: 7:32am On Apr 24, 2015
eaglechild:

Kindly say if this is a transparent exercise:
1. The board cannot produce advertisement for the program.
2. They refuse to provide list of all applicants.
3. The list of board members that selected the beneficiaries cannot be provided.
4. No evidence of where the board members sat to deliberate on proceedings.

2 Likes

Re: House Orders PRESSID Stopped Due To Abscence Of Northerners On List by Armaggedon: 7:34am On Apr 24, 2015
Vorp:

Whats your problem with the Yoruba?your brain has truly dota.
did he mention Yoruba? He wrote "slaves and vultures" does it mean you know u guy are slaves and vultures?

6 Likes

Re: House Orders PRESSID Stopped Due To Abscence Of Northerners On List by AnambraDota: 7:36am On Apr 24, 2015
Yes the slaves have invaded the forum defending their masters, the Vultures are all over the net justifying the evil deeds of the slavemasters.
Its sucks to be a slave and a vulture at the same time.

4 Likes

Re: House Orders PRESSID Stopped Due To Abscence Of Northerners On List by emmatok(m): 7:37am On Apr 24, 2015
SenseiX:
Saying that the committee wanted these details to ascertain why two-thirds of the country was excluded from the programme, thecommittee chairman observed : "........http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/house-again-suspends-scholarship-scheme-on-innovation-development/207581/

Now we can see how they cooked up data about the SE educational.
GEJ deliberately excluded two-thirds of Nigeria from an important educational program, yet same people will be shouting their region are the best when it comes to Education.
Re: House Orders PRESSID Stopped Due To Abscence Of Northerners On List by CSTR2: 7:38am On Apr 24, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
do u read? No; I guess.

Did u see the part where I said " not dt I bilivd the assertion", no?

Well, your bad.

The truth is, stop the fallacy dt the north are not intelligent. In fact, they are as good as the igbos in retail and marketing.

And biliv me, when u meet a well educated northerner, u will understand what intelligence means. My point is, no region has an autonomy of anything; there are no proof that a northerner will never make 1 out of the whole 100 in the list na.
You don't believe the assertion, at the same you are trying to argue for it.
You see how stupidd you are?
Btw, i didn't say there were no intelligent educated northerner.
The problem is that the bulk of the educated intelligent northerners are MOSTLY from elite families which is less than 2% of the total northern population.
You can't expect them to dominate PRESSID the way the SS or SE would.
The two regions with probably the highest educated persons per capital.

6 Likes

Re: House Orders PRESSID Stopped Due To Abscence Of Northerners On List by HzRF(m): 7:40am On Apr 24, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:

That was the undertone.

The northern are not rep in d board ??
Re: House Orders PRESSID Stopped Due To Abscence Of Northerners On List by sweetgala(m): 7:41am On Apr 24, 2015
PassingShot:
What the House has requested the PRESSID to submit are in order. The requested evidence will go a long way in establishing whether fairness was employed in selecting the beneficiaries.

At least if you say no first class candidates from a certain part of the country applied, then present the list of applicants to verify your claim. As simple as ABC.

Gbam, I just don't get it, smart minds exist in every corner of Nigeria, how someone can say for 2 years running , not a single person representing a 2/3/of the population is not in that list beggars belief

1 Like 1 Share

Re: House Orders PRESSID Stopped Due To Abscence Of Northerners On List by cococandy(f): 7:43am On Apr 24, 2015
Not a surprise to me.
Is that not how buhari got into the army with 'he will pass waec' letter of recommendation from his school principal?
Na today?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: House Orders PRESSID Stopped Due To Abscence Of Northerners On List by eCollynzo: 7:49am On Apr 24, 2015
emmatok:

Now we can see how they cooked up data about the SE educational.
GEJ deliberately excluded two-thirds of Nigeria from an important educational program, yet same people will be shouting their region are the best when it comes to Education.
If you look at the previous lists, the South West had the highest number of beneficiaries.
So you might want to reconsider this post.
Re: House Orders PRESSID Stopped Due To Abscence Of Northerners On List by allycat: 7:50am On Apr 24, 2015
Someone is being mischievous mentioning Wike, the last set of awards were advertised in September 2014 when Shekarau was already the substansive minister. Nyesom Wike was only in charge of the ministry of education from September 2013 to March 2014 when he resigned to contest for the elections. Prior to that fro 2010 to sept 2013 there was woman as the Miniter of Education, Ruqquyat Ruffai, who presided over the first PRESSID awards. Shekarau was in charge for this latest awards from start to finish so why didn't they mention his name and mention Wike. I am not from Rivers state, I don't live there and I don't know Wike. He may be the worst human being in the world but there is something called being fair.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: House Orders PRESSID Stopped Due To Abscence Of Northerners On List by Nobody: 7:52am On Apr 24, 2015
Who cares,its not like they needed it.
Re: House Orders PRESSID Stopped Due To Abscence Of Northerners On List by chacoonder(m): 7:52am On Apr 24, 2015
ZKOSOSO:
The cursed portion of the nation is at it again!
They are always happy when u called them lazy, backward, poor region, bloodthirsty islamic fools, and educationally low developed states but when its time to harvest the consequence they quickly shout out NAY!!
If Yobe, borno require just 1% to pass the entrance exams to Unity schools how can a first class graduate ever come out from the two states? It's time the truth be told that merits count! Why must the ladder be shortened for the North since 1954 till date? 61yrs of shouting quota system, federal character, catchment area, north this north that! This is why I want this country dissolved!! Merit must be entrenched above all. North be must be forced to grow up if they want one Nigeria!!
Evil always North!
Silly post!
Re: House Orders PRESSID Stopped Due To Abscence Of Northerners On List by natureblack(m): 7:53am On Apr 24, 2015
The level of education of a people has direct correlation with their living standard.Based on that correlation,Northern Nigeria is far behind when it comes to Child Education in Nigeria.

Almajiris everywhere in northern Nigeria.Some are lucky to be students of itinerant Quranic teachers.Their entire existence revolves around infernal instructions in the Islamic faith.

The anachronism in this outmoded form of Child Education has long been acknowledged by the northern elites.Aside GEJ Almajiri schools,what have been done by the elites,principled and visionary leaders from this region to outlaw this educational calamity.Is there discipline to enforce free education?

.....now this same cursed portion wants quota system.Because Nigeria belongs to them,whatever they say goes.

You pick your cloths from where you spread them.

6 Likes

Re: House Orders PRESSID Stopped Due To Abscence Of Northerners On List by Sunnybobo3(m): 7:56am On Apr 24, 2015
That's the Change You guys wanted. Now, you've got it.

3 Likes

Re: House Orders PRESSID Stopped Due To Abscence Of Northerners On List by mcfynest(m): 7:57am On Apr 24, 2015
contact for your wholesale shirts

Re: House Orders PRESSID Stopped Due To Abscence Of Northerners On List by emmatok(m): 7:57am On Apr 24, 2015
CSTR2:
You don't believe the assertion, at the same you are trying to argue for it.
You see how stupidd you are?
Btw, i didn't say there were no intelligent educated northerner.
The problem is that the bulk of the educated intelligent northerners are MOSTLY from elite families which is less than 2% of the total northern population.
You can't expect them to dominate PRESSID the way the SS or SE would.
The two regions with probably the highest educated persons per capital

Lol, So the SW the has the largest number of Universities can't produce first class graduates.
And the middle belters can't produce First class graduateds.

No wonder you people keep bringing up cooked up statistics about the SE/SS, becoming the most
educated region .

When you deliberately removed two-third of Nigeria from an important educational program.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buhari Meets Dasuki, Jets Out To Niger, Chad / Nwodo: We Will Join Kanu To Fight For Biafra If SE Doesnt Get Presidency In 2023 / No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.