Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,020 members, 7,806,997 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:20 AM

APC Again, Puts Zoning Structure On Hold - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Again, Puts Zoning Structure On Hold (18481 Views)

Fayose Clarifies Issue Of Paris Fund Mismangement,Blasts Buhari & APC Again(pics / Fayose Mocks APC Again Wit A New Advert On The Front Page Of Punch Newspaper(pic / Fayose Attacks APC Again With An Advert On The Front Page Of Today's Tribune(pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Again, Puts Zoning Structure On Hold by silami(m): 3:45am On Apr 24, 2015
The All Progressives Congress (APC) has again failed to release an approved zoing formula containing modalities for distribution of principal political offices.

THISDAY gathered that during the party leadership meeting which ended in the wee hours of Thursday, the leaders could not completely agree on the zoning of positions being canvassed for.

Before the meeting of the APC leaders, held at the Rivers state Governors' Lodge at Asokoro, speculations were that the party had agreed in principle on how to share the various office positions. For instance, it was reported that the party had ceded the position of Senate President to North Central, Deputy Senate President to the North East, Speaker of the House of Representatives to the South West and Deputy Speaker to South-South.

Another report also had it that the party is under pressure to rejig the zoning to accommodate other interests, hence the decision to convene the leaders’ meeting last Wednesday.

Following the stalemate, leaders of APC shelved further deliberation on the zoning formula to allow for more consultations.

It was learnt that apart from the key principal National Assembly seats of Senate President and House of Representatives Speaker, other positions were less contentious.

A source hinted that the party leaders had to apply wisdom by shelving discussion on disagreeable areas.

The source regretted that during the discussion on the office sharing some of the leaders tried to trivialize the issue by weeping up ethnic sentiments.

"You see, some people are bringing up ethnic sentiment in the discussion about the zoning which is not proper. But we have no doubt that the matter will be resolved amicably in the end," he said.

When contacted over the outcome of the meeting, the National Publicity Secretary of APC, Alhaji Lai Muhammed declined to give details of decisions reached.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/apc-again-puts-zoning-structure-on-hold/207576/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Again, Puts Zoning Structure On Hold by Nobody: 5:08am On Apr 24, 2015
These people are equally as confused as Pdp honestly. I pity buhari for being entrapped in all these. undecided

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Again, Puts Zoning Structure On Hold by efilefun(m): 5:11am On Apr 24, 2015
Why rush into conclusion when it's a decision that would affect the whole nation, certain things needs to be considered and reviewed properly... Take ur time and come up with the best... Haters can follow Oba Akiolu's guidelines

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Again, Puts Zoning Structure On Hold by theV0ice: 5:18am On Apr 24, 2015
such disagreements are to be expected.

APC has always had such issues but have always come out stronger at the end e.g the issue of VP candidate.

I have no doubt that with a selfless GMB in the mix, whom every member respects tremendously, they will surely arrive at a workable and sensible compromise.

If Atiku could be delivered from the spirit of political prostitution, then nothing is impossible for APC to resolve or settle

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Again, Puts Zoning Structure On Hold by baybeeboi: 5:19am On Apr 24, 2015
when you lisyen to two political parties speak, you begin to wonder which is worse.
APC own too early now.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Again, Puts Zoning Structure On Hold by theV0ice: 5:25am On Apr 24, 2015
baybeeboi:
when you lisyen to two political parties speak, you begin to wonder which is worse.
APC own too early now.

Don't worry...they'll overcome it

Everyone thought they'll implode with

choosing venue for presidential primaries, they resolved it

presidential primaries proper, they came out stronger

VP selection, they came out more united

etc

This is not unexpected at all but there's no doubt they'll come out better and stronger at the end. It's normal with them. If they could cure Atiku of political prostitution, then they can surmount any challenge.

41 Likes

Re: APC Again, Puts Zoning Structure On Hold by baybeeboi: 5:29am On Apr 24, 2015
theV0ice:

Don't worry...they'll overcome it

Everyone thought they'll implode with

choosing venue for presidential primaries, they resolved it

presidential primaries proper, they came out stronger

VP selection, they came out more united

etc

This is not unexpected at all but there's no doubt they'll come out better and stronger at the end. It's normal with them. If they could cure Atiku of political prostitution, then they can surmount any challenge.
did APC realy cure Atiku?

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Again, Puts Zoning Structure On Hold by theV0ice: 5:32am On Apr 24, 2015
baybeeboi:

did APC realy cure Atiku?

well he hasn't manifested so far... cheesy

Lets assume he's cured until we see symptoms again wink

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Again, Puts Zoning Structure On Hold by baybeeboi: 5:34am On Apr 24, 2015
theV0ice:

well he hasn't manifested so far... cheesy

Lets assume he's cured until we see symptoms again wink
you think Atiku lost all element of pride?
He just had to stick with APC, how active was He in the primaries?
Nd there's no way He's moving now. You know that

3 Likes

Re: APC Again, Puts Zoning Structure On Hold by Anglovel: 5:36am On Apr 24, 2015
Why cant they get it right
Re: APC Again, Puts Zoning Structure On Hold by theV0ice: 5:38am On Apr 24, 2015
baybeeboi:

you think Atiku lost all element of pride?
He just had to stick with APC, how active was He in the primaries?
Nd there's no way He's moving now. You know that

Where are saying the same thing my friend. He was at the rallies in the NE...even Tinubu wasn't at all the rallies

The crux is that the guy hasn't manifested....

If it was before, he might have started attending KOWA party meetings if that's the only one available

3 Likes

Re: APC Again, Puts Zoning Structure On Hold by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 5:44am On Apr 24, 2015
No matter their resolve in sharing the spoils of war, they should address these legitimate concerns to avoid a repeat of tribal supremacy and counter accusations.

5 Likes

Re: APC Again, Puts Zoning Structure On Hold by princealbashir: 5:45am On Apr 24, 2015
The Zoning thing is very serious and damaging! In my opinion, I think its the zoning formula that destroyed PDP. Should APC try it, not sure if they won't suffer the same fate..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Again, Puts Zoning Structure On Hold by PassingShot(m): 5:49am On Apr 24, 2015
theV0ice:
such disagreements are to be expected.

APC has always had such issues but have always come out stronger at the end e.g the issue of VP candidate.

I have no doubt that with a selfless GMB in the mix, whom every member respects tremendously, they will surely arrive at a workable and sensible compromise.

If Atiku could be delivered from the spirit of political prostitution, then nothing is impossible for APC to resolve or settle

I was meant to respond in this way.

1 Like

Re: APC Again, Puts Zoning Structure On Hold by theV0ice: 6:02am On Apr 24, 2015
PassingShot:

I was meant to respond in this way.

Its the truth jare my brother

5 Likes

Re: APC Again, Puts Zoning Structure On Hold by baybeeboi: 7:00am On Apr 24, 2015
theV0ice:

Where are saying the same thing my friend. He was at the rallies in the NE...even Tinubu wasn't at all the rallies

The crux is that the guy hasn't manifested....

If it was before, he might have started attending KOWA party meetings if that's the only one available
hehe! Na wa for you oooo,Bros
Re: APC Again, Puts Zoning Structure On Hold by jeeqaa7(m): 7:10am On Apr 24, 2015
Enough with this Zoning crap. If a man is competent and reliable .. His tribe shouldn't make him a lesser man

We are one entity
One country
We practice federalism and not confederalism

APC

I do not detest you as a party . Becos u changed the political landscape of nigeria .. But don't push ur luck too far.
It would take just careless neglect from you to be shown d door ..

Maybe yeah.. I detest pdp for d many opportunities it denied us .. For its high level of political degredation and for making the Giant of Africa a suckling baby.. That its citizens are treated with disregard and empathy all over the world ..
Xenophobia is just but a tip of the iceberg

Chart a healthy course and come out with fulfiling ideaologies and effective growth plans ..
I believe in nigeria
I believe in buhari

One Nigeria Great people

3 Likes

Re: APC Again, Puts Zoning Structure On Hold by korel9: 7:11am On Apr 24, 2015
Chai! We don enter ONE CHANCE cheesy

#babaonechance

6 Likes

Re: APC Again, Puts Zoning Structure On Hold by yurme(m): 7:11am On Apr 24, 2015
Issorai
Re: APC Again, Puts Zoning Structure On Hold by Emmalot121(m): 7:12am On Apr 24, 2015
All I know is that Yoruba land should be well represented, aside that, it's none of my business.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Again, Puts Zoning Structure On Hold by thefakestan: 7:12am On Apr 24, 2015
Hmmm what's fermenting?
Re: APC Again, Puts Zoning Structure On Hold by omenka(m): 7:12am On Apr 24, 2015
Mr Onyebuchi Ezigbo, APC would release the zoning formula when it best suits them. I believe you gave not a single advice as to how they could emerge victorious at the polls, neither did you vote for the party, now you are having sleepless nights wanting to know who gets what under the party's presidency.

Go and find something else to do Mr man.

13 Likes

Re: APC Again, Puts Zoning Structure On Hold by nonxo007(m): 7:12am On Apr 24, 2015
Ok
Re: APC Again, Puts Zoning Structure On Hold by Nobody: 7:13am On Apr 24, 2015
Why would they zone the senate president and speaker all to the north. You see why I said the southwest are just stupid and the daft south south and south east that thumb printed for that criminal called Buhari. I pity Nigerians, I pity the south-west. They have soon forgotten that the office of the Vice President holds no waters

2 Likes

Re: APC Again, Puts Zoning Structure On Hold by simongonner: 7:13am On Apr 24, 2015
Haters keep calm and watch the outcome..
Re: APC Again, Puts Zoning Structure On Hold by Bsc(m): 7:13am On Apr 24, 2015
It means nothing to me
Re: APC Again, Puts Zoning Structure On Hold by OboloMAN: 7:14am On Apr 24, 2015
#BabaOneChance Trending .....I love Nigerians
~ grin

3 Likes

Re: APC Again, Puts Zoning Structure On Hold by jerflakes(m): 7:14am On Apr 24, 2015
IdiAmin1:
These people are equally as confused as Pdp honestly. I pity buhari for being entrapped in all these. undecided

Buhari go hear am from apc.

There are two things involved, its either buhari does what his mind tells him (which is likely the case) or buhari listens to his cartel of criminals.

KpomKwem.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan Deserves The Nobel Prize For Peace--Abubakar Audu (APC Cheiftain) / Army Launches Manhunt For Pro-biafra Publishers In Aba / How Plans To Kidnap Attahiru Jega During 2015 Election Failed – Adeniyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.