Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,155 members, 7,807,518 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:36 PM

103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG (38236 Views)

Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected / Patronizing Nigerian Products / Exporting Nigerian Products Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG by Nobody: 12:56pm On Apr 24, 2015
baybeeboi:

you don't look half breed.you look fried

From your mentions and quotes, it's pretty clear you're one deluded SOB. Aww poor thing, seeking all the attention he couldn't get at birth. sad sorry! I won't reply you again, you don't even exist. smiley
Re: 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG by baybeeboi: 12:57pm On Apr 24, 2015
babajero:
The fault is Hausa and Yoruba, let me just say apc in general, because they just ridicule nigeria because of power, and it will take time before nigeria will regain it dignity, just take bakassi peninsula for instance, they give it out during the war and want it back after the war, it cant happen.
what war you talking about?
Re: 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG by ApexTitan(m): 12:58pm On Apr 24, 2015
GenBuhari:
A more sensible thing to report is to list those countries that reject our exports so that we may also reject their exports.

That is actually a daft thing to do. The sensible thing would be to list the products that are actually substandard so that the Nigerian public is made aware that way the product manufacturers will sit up.

Stop looking to engage in an unproductive trade battle - it ultimately harms Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG by Nobody: 1:00pm On Apr 24, 2015
baybeeboi:

lol!!!
only problem's..................you are Nigerian

Yes I am and a very proud one too.

But as long as I'm not corrupt there should be no problem. Right?
Re: 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG by boxypane(m): 1:00pm On Apr 24, 2015
baybeeboi:

now I know what you trying to do.
Make it look like Nigeria and Yemen has the same problems?
hell no!!!
Nigeria is doomed.
soon enough,countries like Somalia and Lesotho will start chasing Nigerians away as well.
You of all ppl knw dat that this Country aint going that Low. Priorities lost has been found. Put on ur googles n watch Naija in 3d
Re: 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG by prophetfire: 1:01pm On Apr 24, 2015
baybeeboi:

ship pastors from Nigeria?
Wtf! Mehn!! You gotta be kidding me. You need to solve your own problems,Buddie
starvation, crimes,terrorism,war and imminent death are staring you guys in the face.the inter. Community is begging for alms to feed you guys and you come here to talk?resolve these myraid of problems facing a hungry country of yours before coming to talk with people like us that are donating to the U N to feed your burnt ass.
Re: 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG by baybeeboi: 1:04pm On Apr 24, 2015
evegran:

From your mentions and quotes, it's pretty clear you're one deluded SOB. Aww poor thing, seeking all the attention he couldn't get at birth. sad sorry! I won't reply you again, you don't even exist. smiley
say hi to your mum

1 Like

Re: 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG by baybeeboi: 1:06pm On Apr 24, 2015
prophetfire:
starvation, crimes,terrorism,war and imminent death are staring you guys in the face.the inter. Community is begging for alms to feed you guys and you come here to talk?resolve these myraid of problems facing a hungry country of yours before coming to talk with people like us that are donating to the U N to feed your burnt ass.
all put up here describes only one place................''Nigeria''

1 Like

Re: 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG by baybeeboi: 1:07pm On Apr 24, 2015
boxypane:

You of all ppl knw dat that this Country aint going that Low. Priorities lost has been found. Put on ur googles n watch Naija in 3d
did you ever believe before now that South Africa will one day start chasing you away?

1 Like

Re: 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG by baybeeboi: 1:08pm On Apr 24, 2015
CityNG:

Yes I am and a very proud one too.

But as long as I'm not corrupt there should be no problem. Right?
Nah!!!
Here in Yemen, we hang Nigerians '' be you Christian or Islam'' we hate them with good reasons
Re: 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG by nortcentrallord(m): 1:09pm On Apr 24, 2015
baybeeboi:
We don't accpet Nigerian products here in Yemen...the produce will certainly be corrupt.

That face looks familiar. Haven't I seen you in Benue state on one of my visits a couple of years back? When did you got to Yemen? Nigerians can LIE? Demn!
Re: 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG by baybeeboi: 1:10pm On Apr 24, 2015
nortcentrallord:

That face looks familiar. Haven't I seen you in Benue state on one of my visits a couple of years back? When did you got to Yemen? Nigerians can LIE? Demn!
hmmm!
Wow!
You need a chill bottle of Coca cola

1 Like

Re: 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG by Nobody: 1:14pm On Apr 24, 2015
baybeeboi:

Nah!!!
Here in Yemen, we hang Nigerians '' be you Christian or Islam'' we hate them with good reasons

I can't he hanged as I'm allergic to tight ropes grin
Re: 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG by boxypane(m): 1:16pm On Apr 24, 2015
baybeeboi:
did you ever believe before now that South Africa will one day start chasing you away?
Do ur research. SA has been hostile to other fellow africans since inception. This is not the first. Claim ur birth jor n stop claiming yemen.
Re: 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG by jascon1(m): 1:16pm On Apr 24, 2015
ApexTitan:

That won't fly. The minister was speaking about events in recent times, you are referring to the pre- Dora era of NAFDAC.

I can bet you can't provide one solid evidence that SON has certified or licensed a "criminal" company. The problem we face is not that SON licenses substandard products it's that many products don't even have any backing from SON.
I feel u are going around Ur tail on Ur points. Is and was are from the same verb 'to be'. SON has a task as an organization. If they failed at verification of companies before issuing licenses or ensuring manufacturing standards are maintained during processing or inspection of companies output before export, the simple thing is SON needs to arch their arss up. If our goods are rejected what other organization would u blame for this? Are u going to blame MAN? Or NCS? All countries have what we call international n national standards. It is Ur duty to have adequate knowledge about the standards of the countries you make Ur exports. U must consult with them and if possible make sample exports before exportation can be effected. SON bears that heavy responsibility to give exporters the clearance, also adequate information based on the ISO and NSO of the designated countries of export.
Re: 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG by solayd(m): 1:21pm On Apr 24, 2015
Let's start to reject their own too now
Re: 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG by jascon1(m): 1:25pm On Apr 24, 2015
sheabutter1:

thank you for putting this down ....exactly what you just said are tolling in the mind of many Nigerian but, what do we do ..we keep quiet to support govt that someday things will get better (hope) ..some couldn't get married because he couldn't he has not breed himself properly not to talk of breeding family ...

just imagine how people mercifully vote out GEJ . despite the fact he rigged the election in some part of the Nation , he still lose . make God just help the present govt and serve the interest of Nigeria . God bless Nigeria .God bless us all .
Ah ah now think am now. We r suffering is not a secret. Citizens from other nations run only to where they can milk huge profits, but most Nigerians are in Afghanistan n Pakistan. Even while they die there they hold on strong. They would rather die there than return. It proves the level or torture they face in their homeland. Is not that we don't have the resources to create a comfortable society for all citizens we have these in abundance. We r only hoping n hoping. Ppl r tired of this hopes let the change be visible to the commons in the society. Ah ah kini awon soro?
Re: 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG by Nobody: 1:32pm On Apr 24, 2015
Abeg yam dey get fake?
Re: 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG by Chigold101(m): 1:33pm On Apr 24, 2015
Omooba77:
I would have love the Minister to mention some of the products, if not all; so that we will not buy them in house in Nigeria..
can you imagine...laboratotry to teste yam.

There is nothing these white men wont turn us into.
Re: 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG by hijodedios: 1:34pm On Apr 24, 2015
baybeeboi:
we don't get killed by other nations for being parasites.

You dont go to other nations when you have nothing to offer them grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG by jascon1(m): 1:41pm On Apr 24, 2015
solayd:
Let's start to reject their own too now
yes indeed! You r right, but I promise u, if u refuse it only for one weeks u will lose 35 pounds of Ur weight. We gave Malaysian palm nuts back in the 70iea, today we import palm oil from Malaysia. We import even undies from China. Check the label on boxers u r wearing right now, if we stop importing u will not be able to wear any new boxers again for the coming 16 months. Do we have enough manufacturers than can supply the needs of about 200 million inhabitants? No! Do we have stable power to sustain manufacturing industries? No! The rice u eat, the oil u use to make soup, the electronic gadgets, even the one u r using to access Ur account on nairaland(check where it was manufactured), all the vehicles both keke n okada everything are imported. The stuff that they are exporting are stuff the hoard away from u n I and they want to take abroad to seel while u starve. Small packet of groundnut is 500 naira. By the time u start buying it for massive consumption like garri u will notice that we can't afford them. But then again, necessity is the father of invention, but not in a system like ours. And I'll give u an example. Since we have been inventing electricity for ourselves our govt has made it our duty as citizens to provide amenities for ourselves. Since we have decided to bore holes for water, our water board has died and every citizen now is responsible for his own water. One funny thing is the office of the minister for water is still active. Check for Mrs Sarah Ochekpe on Google u will see the current minister who makes millions for not working out of our tax money. Same thing goes to the ministry for power. Same thing goes to mines n steel, housing n urban development etc... Is pathetic
Re: 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG by toocoded: 1:41pm On Apr 24, 2015
MaziOmenuko:

You actually believe the dude is in Yemen?

Then my grand-mother is a virgin!
Nice one there
Re: 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG by baybeeboi: 1:42pm On Apr 24, 2015
CityNG:

I can't he hanged as I'm allergic to tight ropes grin
lol!
we hang you with a chain den
Re: 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG by Nobody: 1:42pm On Apr 24, 2015
I asked who is winning you said:

baybeeboi:
well,i have been too busy too know that.
We don't watch wars as there are not entertaining unlike Nigerians and their millitary

Now you said:

baybeeboi:
am not goin to give you details of whats happening to those not involved in the war. Unlike Nigeria whose ''Chief of defence will come out to say...'we know where the Boko Harems are hiding'' and then you call the name of the place.
WTF?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

oya clean your mouth.... grin You too dey lie. shocked shocked shocked

You wey be Zulu girl grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Anyway Enjoy Yemen grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG by Ibman: 1:44pm On Apr 24, 2015
SON bull shit.....they are just there doin nothing just enter our market are see fake and substandard thing every where in our market...i had alway been wondering if SON exist on newspaper and NTA news only.
Re: 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG by baybeeboi: 1:44pm On Apr 24, 2015
boxypane:

Do ur research. SA has been hostile to other fellow africans since inception. This is not the first. Claim ur birth jor n stop claiming yemen.
sorry to disappoint........am Yemeni
Re: 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG by baybeeboi: 1:46pm On Apr 24, 2015
hijodedios:

You dont go to other nations when you have nothing to offer them grin grin grin
not so, what we have goes around....unlike Nigerians who go to countries who just got independence 2years ago seeking for greener pastures

1 Like

Re: 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG by merengue: 1:50pm On Apr 24, 2015
Sadness inducing news. Maybe now , we can stop this "Giant of Africa" nonsense and actually begin to get things done.

1 Like

Re: 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG by ApexTitan(m): 1:50pm On Apr 24, 2015
jascon1:
I feel u are going around Ur tail on Ur points. Is and was are from the same verb 'to be'. SON has a task as an organization. If they failed at verification of companies before issuing licenses or ensuring manufacturing standards are maintained during processing or inspection of companies output before export, the simple thing is SON needs to arch their arss up. If our goods are rejected what other organization would u blame for this? Are u going to blame MAN? Or NCS? All countries have what we call international n national standards. It is Ur duty to have adequate knowledge about the standards of the countries you make Ur exports. U must consult with them and if possible make sample exports before exportation can be effected. SON bears that heavy responsibility to give exporters the clearance, also adequate information based on the ISO and NSO of the designated countries of export.

All of what you say here in no way substantiate the accusation you made against SON in your first comment. When did SON certify criminal companies? Do you know of any company that produces substandard goods with a SON certification? That's a serious claim, you can't just say stuff like that without evidence.
Re: 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG by Chigold101(m): 1:51pm On Apr 24, 2015
jascon1:

Ah ah now think am now. We r suffering is not a secret. Citizens from other nations run only to where they can milk huge profits, but most Nigerians are in Afghanistan n Pakistan. Even while they die there they hold on strong. They would rather die there than return. It proves the level or torture they face in their homeland. Is not that we don't have the resources to create a comfortable society for all citizens we have these in abundance. We r only hoping n hoping. Ppl r tired of this hopes let the change be visible to the commons in the society. Ah ah kini awon soro?
forget story my brother. Those who run away from Nigeria do so cos they are lazy & want to make money in a criminal way easily. Most of them are into drugs & financial crime.

Nigeria is the only country where you do not need so many licences & approval to start a business. Most of us here started with nothing & today we are grateful GOD for the journey so far.

Take a trip to some part of this country and see how men & women who are serious with their life & are not interested in quick drug money are making money through their craft & business.

I have experienced life both and outside to know that life in Nigeria is good.

Most times we speak trash about our school system but anytime a Nigerian appears outside this country, the country we find ourselves gives us job even ahead of their own citizens.

I am not saying that Nigeria is too good. What am saying is that Nigeria is not as bad as most NIGERIANS are making the world to be.

Some paint Nigeria black because they are seeking asylum so that they can eat free food & have more freedom to commit crime in the country where they are.

I believe in NIGERIA but if the country eventually breaks...

BIAFRA is my home... And I love the land of the RISING SUN.

God bless Ojukwu
Re: 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG by baybeeboi: 1:52pm On Apr 24, 2015
belabela:

I asked who is winning you said:

Now you said:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

oya clean your mouth.... grin You too dey lie. shocked shocked shocked

You wey be Zulu girl grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Anyway Enjoy Yemen grin grin grin grin grin grin
why highlight those points?
1...i said i have been too busy to watch the war
2...i won't give details of those not involved in the war.
How have I in anyway contradicted myself?
you think we Yemenis reason like confused Nigerians?
Re: 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG by Litmus: 1:53pm On Apr 24, 2015
Omooba77:
The Federal Government on Thursday lamented that within the last five years, over 103 Nigerian products exported to other countries were rejected for not meeting acceptable international quality standards.

The Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment, Mr. Olusegun Aganga, stated this in Abuja while unveiling the new office complex of the Standards Organisation of Nigeria.

Aganga said the high volume of rejected products was not acceptable.

He attributed the development to lack of accredited laboratories in the country where the products could be tested before being shipped abroad.

For instance, he said while the rejected products exported from Nigeria were over 103, countries like South Africa and Ghana had just six and seven rejected products.

The minister, however, said that with the reforms that had been carried out by the current administration within the last four years, Nigeria now has an internationally accredited laboratory in Lagos which would help to check the drift.

He explained that since the laboratory in Lagos met international standard, any product tested there would be acceptable anywhere outside the country, thus saving the huge revenue being lost by manufacturers and the country.

He said, “We all say we want to diversify the economy with a view to increasing our income from non-oil products. But there is no way we can achieve this without having quality infrastructure such as the laboratory.

“For instance, we could not export yam to the United Kingdom because we do not have a laboratory to test it here. Those who export products in Nigeria take them to Ghana to test them and the credit goes to Ghana.

“In the last five years, Nigeria has more than 103 rejects. If you compare that to other African countries like South African and Ghana, who only have between six to seven rejects, our is unacceptable

http://www.punchng.com/business/industry/103-nigerian-products-rejected-abroad-fg/

Sometimes it's just plain discrimination, let's not be too sniffy about pointing this out.

Why import mangoes from Nigeria when you can import them from India, a favored Nation. Why import yams from Nigeria when you can import them from Ghana, a favored Nation. Nigerian yams and Mangoes may be superior and cheaper,resulting in destroying the competition. Sometimes citizens of the nations whose products Nigerian products will adversely affect are part of the system that assess the worthiness of Nigerian products. They influence decisions against Nigerian product. This results in Nigerian product needing to meet criteria far higher than that of her more favored, boot licking, competitors Nations.

Overall, it is good that Nigerians don't dwell on discrimination, doing so can result in laziness and making excuses but we should have half an eye on recognizing that issues of sociopolitical discrimination exists and can be brought to bear where not expected or in the end we'll be so frustrated we'll turn on ourselves. In this, I'm reminded by the comment i heard a Nigerian kid tell his dad one day commuting on a train. The kid was tired of trying to make his Nigerian father understand that the Nigerian cultural attitude of hard-work does not always pay off in a discriminatory society such as Britain as he saw it. The dad kept insisting that the boy should work harder and he would succeed. In frustration the boy said in raised voice, ' if i fall from a high building, no matter how hard i flap my arms, I'm not going to survive'.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

#Xenophobia; Tight Security At Shoprite Lekki As Shop Owners Count Loses / Clickbank Q & A: I'm Making Money From Clickbank & Can Teach You [see My Proofs] / Dangote In Casuals, Joins Femi Otedola In Monaco

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.