Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,619 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:23 PM

103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG (38239 Views)

Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected / Patronizing Nigerian Products / Exporting Nigerian Products Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG by jascon1(m): 1:55pm On Apr 24, 2015
Chigold101:
forget story my brother. Those who run away from Nigeria do so cos they are lazy & want to make money in a criminal way easily. Most of them are into drugs & financial crime.

Nigeria is the only country where you do not need so many licences & approval to start a business. Most of us here started with nothing & today we are grateful GOD for the journey so far.

Take a trip to some part of this country and see how men & women who are serious with their life & are not interested in quick drug money are making money through their craft & business.

I have experienced life both and outside to know that life in Nigeria is good.

Most times we speak trash about our school system but anytime a Nigerian appears outside this country, the country we find ourselves gives us job even ahead of their own citizens.

I am not saying that Nigeria is too good. What am saying is that Nigeria is not as bad as most NIGERIANS are making the world to be.

Some paint Nigeria black because they are seeking asylum so that they can eat free food & have more freedom to commit crime in the country where they are.

I believe in NIGERIA but if the country eventually breaks...

BIAFRA is my home... And I love the land of the RISING SUN.

God bless Ojukwu
u r very right brother. I don't support running away n that's y I'll keep spitting for a better naija. But my main point is being able to achieve a better society for the average naija born.
Tho, I also have to say to u, thank Ur stars if u made it. Cos, I no so many who didn't. I'm not a fan of fast cash traders at all.
Re: 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG by Nobody: 1:56pm On Apr 24, 2015
baybeeboi:
why highlight those points?
1...i said i have been too busy to watch the war
2...i won't give details of those not involved in the war.
How have I in anyway contradicted myself?
you think we Yemenis reason like confused Nigerians?

Obviously you don't. The confusion of a Nigerian is more intelligent that the clearity of a Yemeni grin grin grin grin

Don't take it personal though.....

I will explain later. Enjoy grin
Re: 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG by Nobody: 1:58pm On Apr 24, 2015
Omooba77:
The Federal Government on Thursday lamented that within the last five years, over 103 Nigerian products exported to other countries were rejected for not meeting acceptable international quality standards.

The Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment, Mr. Olusegun Aganga, stated this in Abuja while unveiling the new office complex of the Standards Organisation of Nigeria.

Aganga said the high volume of rejected products was not acceptable.

He attributed the development to lack of accredited laboratories in the country where the products could be tested before being shipped abroad.

For instance, he said while the rejected products exported from Nigeria were over 103, countries like South Africa and Ghana had just six and seven rejected products.

The minister, however, said that with the reforms that had been carried out by the current administration within the last four years, Nigeria now has an internationally accredited laboratory in Lagos which would help to check the drift.

He explained that since the laboratory in Lagos met international standard, any product tested there would be acceptable anywhere outside the country, thus saving the huge revenue being lost by manufacturers and the country.

He said, “We all say we want to diversify the economy with a view to increasing our income from non-oil products. But there is no way we can achieve this without having quality infrastructure such as the laboratory.

“For instance, we could not export yam to the United Kingdom because we do not have a laboratory to test it here. Those who export products in Nigeria take them to Ghana to test them and the credit goes to Ghana.

“In the last five years, Nigeria has more than 103 rejects. If you compare that to other African countries like South African and Ghana, who only have between six to seven rejects, our is unacceptable

http://www.punchng.com/business/industry/103-nigerian-products-rejected-abroad-fg/

SO ALL PDP AND GEJ HAS BEEN TELLING US ABOUT AGRICULTURE FOR THE PAST YEARS IS LIE...... chai.
Im the bags of rice shared during election could afford it.

wind is now blowing and chicken anus has been exposed....more exposure r coming. I REMEMBER DURING CAMPAIGN, GEJ TOLD ONITSHA PEOPLE THAT WORK HAVE STARTED IN 2ND NIGER BRIDGE. IN FACT HE SAID THAT HE WENT TO THE SITE B4 PROCEEDING TO ONITSHA. WE ARE STILL WAITING.
Re: 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG by Kisses4rmDxtanx: 1:58pm On Apr 24, 2015
E.g of products rejected?
Re: 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG by Vikfarad(m): 1:59pm On Apr 24, 2015
evegran:

A rather stupid joke from an obviously unemployed monkey!
Do you expect a monkey to be employed? Na wa o

1 Like

Re: 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG by MrCork: 2:07pm On Apr 24, 2015
....well AMA Londoner from Peckam and the only Nigeria product we accept is yam.....homebase food giv us stomark ache and to be honest...we can't Stand that sh**. (No offennse) angry

1 Like

Re: 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG by darlenese(f): 2:15pm On Apr 24, 2015
baybeeboi:
We don't accpet Nigerian products here in Yemen...the produce will certainly be corrupt.

We dey count fish , crayfish dey raise hand up msheeeew
Yemen na country? angry
Re: 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG by baybeeboi: 2:17pm On Apr 24, 2015
belabela:

Obviously you don't. The confusion of a Nigerian is more intelligent that the clearity of a Yemeni grin grin grin grin

Don't take it personal though.....

I will explain later. Enjoy grin
you know,One girl said english is only an official language in Nigeria not an online language.........i agree with her..
You Nigerians got comprehension problems.

1 Like

Re: 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG by Nobody: 2:17pm On Apr 24, 2015
baybeeboi:
lol!
we hang you with a chain den

Hmmm....an interesting predicament.

My friends, Smith and Wesson, will certainly object to my hanging. Also their Cousin, Winchester, won't allow that. Not to mention the two rascals, Glock and Beretta.

So see it's better to be friends than executioner grin
Re: 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG by baybeeboi: 2:24pm On Apr 24, 2015
darlenese:

We dey count fish , crayfish dey raise hand up msheeeew
Yemen na country? angry
what?

1 Like

Re: 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG by baybeeboi: 2:30pm On Apr 24, 2015
CityNG:

Hmmm....an interesting predicament.

My friends, Smith and Wesson, will certainly object to my hanging. Also their Cousin, Winchester, won't allow that. Not to mention the two rascals, Glock and Beretta.

So see it's better to be friends than executioner grin
it's not as if Nigerians have to commit a crime before we kill them.....we see them as mad dogs on the loose.. ''you know what mad dogs do'' so we just hang them nd without remorse.
And belive me,the most interesting thing to do is kill a Nigerian

1 Like

Re: 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG by prophetfire: 2:35pm On Apr 24, 2015
baybeeboi:

all put up here describes only one place................''Nigeria''
deluded mind. WAR IN YEMEN!
Re: 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG by Nobody: 2:37pm On Apr 24, 2015
baybeeboi:

you know,One girl said english is only an official language in Nigeria not an online language.........i agree with her..
You Nigerians got comprehension problems.

grin grin grin grin grin grin

That's racist grin grin grin grin grin grin

Are you a Yemeni Arab or Yemeni-Nigerian? grin grin grin grin
Re: 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG by daramolaj1: 2:42pm On Apr 24, 2015
Omooba77:

Not everyone is a criminal in Naija,please stop panting us in black sir!

and who says yemen isnt worse ? i can bet you naija is learning about corruption where yemen is ,you guys should leave the topic for another day...olodo oshi
Re: 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG by wadetaw202: 2:44pm On Apr 24, 2015
baybeeboi:

we don't know so

Have you interacted with up to half or even one-quarter of the Nigerian population and you found all of them to be corrupt? If you haven't related with us, then you will surely continue in your pathetic ignorance..........and you will never know so.
Re: 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG by Vikfarad(m): 2:47pm On Apr 24, 2015
baybeeboi:

it's not as if Nigerians have to commit a crime before we kill them.....we see them as mad dogs on the loose.. ''you know what mad dogs do'' so we just hang them nd without remorse.
And belive me,the most interesting thing to do is kill a Nigerian
Lolz craze nigga. I dont find it confusing that you are actually a Nigerian.
Re: 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG by Nobody: 3:27pm On Apr 24, 2015
Litmus:

Sometimes it's just plain discrimination, let's not be too sniffy about pointing this out.

Why import mangoes from Nigeria when you can import them from India, a favored Nation. Why import yams from Nigeria when you can import them from Ghana, a favored Nation. Nigerian yams and Mangoes may be superior and cheaper,resulting in destroying the competition. Sometimes citizens of the nations whose products Nigerian products will adversely affect are part of the system that assess the worthiness of Nigerian products. They influence decisions against Nigerian product. This results in Nigerian product needing to meet criteria far higher than that of her more favored, boot licking, competitors Nations.

Overall, it is good that Nigerians don't dwell on discrimination, doing so can result in laziness and making excuses but we should have half an eye on recognizing that issues of sociopolitical discrimination exists and can be brought to bear where not expected or in the end we'll be so frustrated we'll turn on ourselves. In this, I'm reminded by the comment i heard a Nigerian kid tell his dad one day commuting on a train. The kid was tired of trying to make his Nigerian father understand that the Nigerian cultural attitude of hard-work does not always pay off in a discriminatory society such as Britain as he saw it. The dad kept insisting that the boy should work harder and he would succeed. In frustration the boy said in raised voice, ' if i fall from a high building, no matter how hard i flap my arms, I'm not going to survive'.

It's not about discrimination at all, at least for US.

Here, we'll buy your shyte if it's cheap and good and passes UL and customs checks.
Re: 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG by baybeeboi: 3:34pm On Apr 24, 2015
Vikfarad:

Lolz craze nigga. I dont find it confusing that you are actually a Nigerian.
well,you need to work on ur finding skills........lack ingredients.
Re: 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG by baybeeboi: 3:36pm On Apr 24, 2015
wadetaw202:

Have you interacted with up to half or even one-quarter of the Nigerian population and you found all of them to be corrupt? If you haven't related with us, then you will surely continue in your pathetic ignorance..........and you will never know so.
from your online forums one can deduce that the whole of Nigerians are corrupt and without cure.
Re: 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG by Nobody: 3:37pm On Apr 24, 2015
baybeeboi:

from your online forums one can deduce that the whole of Nigerians are corrupt and without cure.

How did you get to nairaland? grin grin grin grin grin grin

Eeyan o tanra e je bi iya dada to lo n o ri were ri grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG by baybeeboi: 3:38pm On Apr 24, 2015
belabela:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

That's racist grin grin grin grin grin grin

Are you a Yemeni Arab or Yemeni-Nigerian? grin grin grin grin
what?
Are kidding me?
Yemeni-Nigerian.
I would have offered myself freely to be hanged.
Re: 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG by baybeeboi: 3:38pm On Apr 24, 2015
prophetfire:
War in Nigeria
Re: 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG by baybeeboi: 3:39pm On Apr 24, 2015
prophetfire:
War in Nigeria.
War everywhere
Re: 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG by baybeeboi: 3:40pm On Apr 24, 2015
belabela:

How did you get to nairaland? grin grin grin grin grin grin

Eeyan o tanra e je bi iya dada to lo n o ri were ri grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Nairaland limited to Nigeria alone?
How do you get to Facebook?
Re: 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG by Nobody: 3:41pm On Apr 24, 2015
baybeeboi:
what?
Are kidding me?
Yemeni-Nigerian.
I would have offered myself freely to be hanged.

Kilode? Why? grin grin grin grin grin grin

You don't need to offer yourself to be hanged.

Yemeni -Igbo or Yemeni- Yoruba or Yemeni-Hausa?

Now you must choose one grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG by Nobody: 3:42pm On Apr 24, 2015
baybeeboi:

Nairaland limited to Nigeria alone?
How do you get to Facebook?

grin grin grin grin grin

I don't do facebook.

I do Yemenbook grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG by Vikfarad(m): 3:50pm On Apr 24, 2015
baybeeboi:
well,you need to work on ur finding skills........lack ingredients.
Lols so ao Yemen nw?
Re: 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG by ferhyntorlah(f): 3:50pm On Apr 24, 2015
Dannyset:
Reminds me of the former DG of NAFDAC.
Before she was appointed as the Re branding Minister, Nigerian products were being accepted outside the country. A lot of countries preferred our products to most African Country's. Then, the Federal Govt decided to deceive her out of office by offering her a ministerial post because she was stepping on big toes. And that was the end of NAFDAC and some of our products outside(and even withing) Nigeria.
#ButNowThatBabaIsHere.
oh Dora, may her soul rest in peace. What a fearless amazon she was! The current DG can't measure up to her. He should be removed jare.
Re: 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG by ferhyntorlah(f): 3:52pm On Apr 24, 2015
LMAyedun:
All our products will be accepted when Buhari takes over...
That's a sure thing.
Re: 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG by baybeeboi: 3:59pm On Apr 24, 2015
belabela:

Kilode? Why? grin grin grin grin grin grin

You don't need to offer yourself to be hanged.

Yemeni -Igbo or Yemeni- Yoruba or Yemeni-Hausa?

Now you must choose one grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
keep it seceret ,Yemeni-Yemeni.
dnt let anyone see it.
Re: 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG by baybeeboi: 4:01pm On Apr 24, 2015
belabela:

grin grin grin grin grin

I don't do facebook.

I do Yemenbook grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
unless that Yemen book was created by a Nigerian to deceive and defraud the Yemenis, but you know now,we just send 300 rebels to put an end to Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

#Xenophobia; Tight Security At Shoprite Lekki As Shop Owners Count Loses / Clickbank Q & A: I'm Making Money From Clickbank & Can Teach You [see My Proofs] / From Lagos To Igbo Land: My Business Move

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.