Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:54 PM

N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west (21688 Views)

Fraud@pump/fuel Station / Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West / Tam David-West Tells Jonathan "Look For Shoes Quickly And Go Back To Otuoke” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by zeekz(m): 7:27am On Apr 24, 2015
IBADAN—FORMER Petroleum Minister and Professor of Virology, Professor Tam David-West, has said there was never a time the President-elect, General Muhammadu Buhari (retd), said he would reduce the pump price of fuel to N40 per litre as reported some days ago.

The don, who spoke with Vanguard in his residence in Ibadan, explained that the N40 per litre was his own preferred pump fuel price and should not have been attributed to Buhari.

He said: “I wish to correct a wrong impression carried in the newspapers, entitled, “Buhari’ll reduce petrol to N40-David West.” I did not make such categorical statement and I’m sure that Gen. Buhari will agree with me that I could not have made such a categorical statement.

“Gen. Buhari and I have said it times without number that the phenomenon called subsidy is fraudulent. N40 per litre is my own figure which I have repeatedly used in all my write-ups and interviews.”

However, while alluding to a comment made by a Texas professor, who said petrol should sell for N35 per litre, he said it was possible for the price of fuel to be reduced drastically if all four refineries were serviced to produce at maximum capacity, adding that for now, the refineries were performing at minimum capacity.

One of the antidotes that could make life more comfortable for Nigerians, he said, was the complete removal of middlemen who import fuel, noting that fuel importation must stop.

“Nigeria can go directly to refinery owners. We have done it before during Buhari’s time.” When asked if he could serve in the petroleum sector if invited or recommend anyone who could be of service to Nigerians, the erudite professor said it was God “who directs him and leads him on what to do next.
“In 1990, I wrote on sabotage theory of Nigeria’s refineries which was published by Vanguard. Our refineries can work, but some people sabotage the refineries. It is not because we don’t have Nigerians who can repair it and turn things around. If that fails, the people who built refineries can repair it. If people in government do it, there will be no more importation of fuel.

“I respect Gen. Buhari because he has much integrity and I believe that he would be a good leader. It is true that expectations of Nigerians are very high. No new leader can perform miracles. People should give him time and conducive atmosphere to perform. I don’t believe in 100 days in office, it is nonsense. If you are packing from one house to a new one, will 100 days be enough to settle down. How do you expect a sudden turn-around within 100 days when so much damage has been done for years.

“But, it will not take too long before Nigeria would experience that change they crave for. Between the first six months and one year, people would feel that positive change,” he said.

On the defeat of President Goodluck Jonathan at the polls, he said he felt so happy that he lost, adding, “I have never supported him and I will not support him because I am an Ijaw man. His policies are very bad,” he maintained.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/n40-pump-fuel-price-is-my-figure-not-buharis-says-david-west/

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by jascon1(m): 7:28am On Apr 24, 2015
The only things in David West's brain are testicles

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by madridguy(m): 7:28am On Apr 24, 2015
Ok

1 Like

Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by imbless: 7:32am On Apr 24, 2015
It was during GMB tenure that fuel sold for 40 naira that was when our refineries were functioning well and and I don't think it can still happen again, unless we renovate or build new refineries

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by Kennedymac(m): 7:35am On Apr 24, 2015
make i first book space, e fit reach fp

modified
i suppose be prophet ooo grin i said it and it came to pass Fp things
Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by Nobody: 7:44am On Apr 24, 2015
jascon1:

If you read what he actually said....he said that fuel can come down to N40 if all the refineries were working AT full capacity....not a minimal capacity.(and even then we may still need some new refineries.).

Something which Dizzy and her oga failed to do over the last 6 years.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by walepinna(m): 7:45am On Apr 24, 2015
The prob is that we don't read to understand, we only read...People should take patience to read whatsoever any one says without misinterpreting such person...
That's how they said buhari has started changing his manifesto without understanding what he means by what he said...
SMH

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by Sweetguy25: 7:47am On Apr 24, 2015
I want this man to be petroleum minister, he has made too much noise.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by jascon1(m): 7:49am On Apr 24, 2015
bushdoc9919:

If you read what he actually said....he said that fuel can come down to N40 if all the refineries were working AT full capacity....not a minimal capacity.(and even then we may still need some new refineries.).

Something which Dizzy and her oga failed to do over the last 6 years.
I understand, but the last statement sanctified him which crippled his opinions for me. He's not better than anyone else. At this point we shouldn't be listening to these guys, cos they r only playing mind games. Enough of their talks already

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by xpac01(m): 7:55am On Apr 24, 2015
He should try enforcing it on the General please. That is one the changes we need aside power and security.

3 Likes

Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by scribble: 7:56am On Apr 24, 2015
Ok buhari should allow the refineries work because if he doesn't we will curse him so much he will just go and die.

4 Likes

Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by biggyrossy: 7:56am On Apr 24, 2015
Sweetguy25:

that's if they don't buy him has well and block his mouth with money.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by ferhyntorlah(f): 8:56am On Apr 24, 2015
Sweetguy25:
He will be.
Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by ferhyntorlah(f): 8:57am On Apr 24, 2015
biggyrossy:

that's if they don't buy him has well and block his mouth with money.
He won't be bought over.

1 Like

Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by Firefire(m): 9:14am On Apr 24, 2015
grin
Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by koligs: 9:14am On Apr 24, 2015
This people are gradually changing their manifestos...

Hope I don't regret voting this man??

I will just keep my lip sealed and watch..

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by Nobody: 9:14am On Apr 24, 2015
The media: putting words in people's mouth since 1750.

4 Likes

Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by clemz88(m): 9:14am On Apr 24, 2015
angryabeg e too long I never chop.

Next pls
Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by CR77(f): 9:14am On Apr 24, 2015
Buhari or David-west all join

1 Like

Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by Lifebender(m): 9:15am On Apr 24, 2015
ichidodo:
Changing goal posts at the last minute has become a common sport for APC......And you want to deny,this isnt One Chance?Let it be said as long as this doesn't interfere with Buhari's plans of stabilizing crude oil price or equalizing our Naira to the Dollar, then we good to go.

jascon1:

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by Nobody: 9:15am On Apr 24, 2015
Tell the Tanoids sir cool

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by ionsman: 9:15am On Apr 24, 2015
We know sir . But the children of hate will attribute it to Buhari. The same way they said he told them(not Nigerians) that he will make Naira equivalent to dollar.

2 Likes

Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by tociano009(m): 9:15am On Apr 24, 2015
Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by ichidodo: 9:15am On Apr 24, 2015
Changing goal posts at the last minute has become a common sport for APC......And you want to deny,this isnt One Chance?Let it be said as long as this doesn't interfere with Buhari's plans of stabilizing crude oil price or equalizing our Naira to the Dollar, then we good to go.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by tolustx(m): 9:16am On Apr 24, 2015
David West, go Fvck ursef. U've had ur chance and u blew it.

1 Like

Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by Burger01(m): 9:16am On Apr 24, 2015
Taniods and false news. Smh smiley

4 Likes

Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by Nobody: 9:16am On Apr 24, 2015
Story for the gods (•)^(•)

1 Like

Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by Lifebender(m): 9:17am On Apr 24, 2015
zeekz:
IBADAN—FORMER Petroleum Minister and Professor of Virology, Professor Tam David-West, has said there was never a time the President-elect, General Muhammadu Buhari (retd), said he would reduce the pump price of fuel to N40 per litre as reported some days ago.

The don, who spoke with Vanguard in his residence in Ibadan, explained that the N40 per litre was his own preferred pump fuel price and should not have been attributed to Buhari.

He said: “I wish to correct a wrong impression carried in the newspapers, entitled, “Buhari’ll reduce petrol to N40-David West.” I did not make such categorical statement and I’m sure that Gen. Buhari will agree with me that I could not have made such a categorical statement.

“Gen. Buhari and I have said it times without number that the phenomenon called subsidy is fraudulent. N40 per litre is my own figure which I have repeatedly used in all my write-ups and interviews.”

However, while alluding to a comment made by a Texas professor, who said petrol should sell for N35 per litre, he said it was possible for the price of fuel to be reduced drastically if all four refineries were serviced to produce at maximum capacity, adding that for now, the refineries were performing at minimum capacity.

One of the antidotes that could make life more comfortable for Nigerians, he said, was the complete removal of middlemen who import fuel, noting that fuel importation must stop.
''Nigeria can go directly to refinery owners. We have done it before during Buhari’s time.” When asked if he could serve in the petroleum sector if invited or recommend anyone who could be of service to Nigerians, the erudite professor said it was God “who directs him and leads him on what to do next.
“In 1990, I wrote on sabotage theory of Nigeria’s refineries which was published by Vanguard. Our refineries can work, but some people sabotage the refineries.It is not because we don’t have Nigerians who can repair it and turn things around. If that fails, the people who built refineries can repair it. If people in government do it, there will be no more importation of fuel.

“I respect Gen. Buhari because he has much integrity and I believe that he would be a good leader. It is true that expectations of Nigerians are very high. No new leader can perform miracles. People should give him time and conducive atmosphere to perform. I don’t believe in 100 days in office, it is nonsense. If you are packing from one house to a new one, will 100 days be enough to settle down. How do you expect a sudden turn-around within 100 days when so much damage has been done for years.

“But, it will not take too long before Nigeria would experience that change they crave for. Between the first six months and one year, people would feel that positive change,” he said.

On the defeat of President Goodluck Jonathan at the polls, he said he felt so happy that he lost, adding, “I have never supported him and I will not support him because I am an Ijaw man. His policies are very bad,” he maintained

5 Likes

Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by OboloMAN: 9:17am On Apr 24, 2015
#BabaOneChance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by hensben(m): 9:17am On Apr 24, 2015
Never again

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Begged Tinubu And Akande To Make Buhari Their Presidential Candidate-Dasuki / We Won’t Provide Sureties For Metuh –jalo / Mid Poll Results On President Buhari's Health By PublicHealth.com.ng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.