Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,006 members, 7,806,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:05 AM

N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west (21686 Views)

Fraud@pump/fuel Station / Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West / Tam David-West Tells Jonathan "Look For Shoes Quickly And Go Back To Otuoke” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by CR77(f): 9:18am On Apr 24, 2015
Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by Nobody: 9:18am On Apr 24, 2015
jascon1:
The only things in David West's brain are testicles
Your English shows you have no brain

2 Likes

Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by bright007(f): 9:18am On Apr 24, 2015
shoro niyen?
Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by laclass(m): 9:20am On Apr 24, 2015
This ppl self and their way of twisting words.lol politics sha
Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by Emmanuel247(m): 9:21am On Apr 24, 2015
OMO the way this people are denying their promises is so Alarming oO ........

@BABAONECHANCE gringringringrin
grin

1 Like

Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by sosanova: 9:21am On Apr 24, 2015
We don Enter ONE CHANCE
they keep denying and changing their elections promise every hours
Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by Boss13: 9:22am On Apr 24, 2015
bushdoc9919:

If you read what he actually said....he said that fuel can come down to N40 if all the refineries were working AT full capacity....not a minimal capacity.(and even then we may still need some new refineries.).

Something which Dizzy and her oga failed to do over the last 6 years.

Six (6) YEARS - that is a lot of time for positive development and none was felt in the Oil and Gas sector. All I hear and read is local content. What is local content - to me, it is a way to further enrich wealthy Nigerians and redirect the oil and gas sector to these few wealthy Nigerians.
Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by Nobody: 9:22am On Apr 24, 2015
grin grin grin grin
Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by free2ryhme: 9:23am On Apr 24, 2015
zeekz:
IBADAN—FORMER Petroleum Minister and Professor of Virology, Professor Tam David-West, has said there was never a time the President-elect, General Muhammadu Buhari (retd), said he would reduce the pump price of fuel to N40 per litre as reported some days ago.

The don, who spoke with Vanguard in his residence in Ibadan, explained that the N40 per litre was his own preferred pump fuel price and should not have been attributed to Buhari.

He said: “I wish to correct a wrong impression carried in the newspapers, entitled, “Buhari’ll reduce petrol to N40-David West.” I did not make such categorical statement and I’m sure that Gen. Buhari will agree with me that I could not have made such a categorical statement.

“Gen. Buhari and I have said it times without number that the phenomenon called subsidy is fraudulent. N40 per litre is my own figure which I have repeatedly used in all my write-ups and interviews.”

However, while alluding to a comment made by a Texas professor, who said petrol should sell for N35 per litre, he said it was possible for the price of fuel to be reduced drastically if all four refineries were serviced to produce at maximum capacity, adding that for now, the refineries were performing at minimum capacity.

One of the antidotes that could make life more comfortable for Nigerians, he said, was the complete removal of middlemen who import fuel, noting that fuel importation must stop.

“Nigeria can go directly to refinery owners. We have done it before during Buhari’s time.” When asked if he could serve in the petroleum sector if invited or recommend anyone who could be of service to Nigerians, the erudite professor said it was God “who directs him and leads him on what to do next.
“In 1990, I wrote on sabotage theory of Nigeria’s refineries which was published by Vanguard. Our refineries can work, but some people sabotage the refineries. It is not because we don’t have Nigerians who can repair it and turn things around. If that fails, the people who built refineries can repair it. If people in government do it, there will be no more importation of fuel.

“I respect Gen. Buhari because he has much integrity and I believe that he would be a good leader. It is true that expectations of Nigerians are very high. No new leader can perform miracles. People should give him time and conducive atmosphere to perform. I don’t believe in 100 days in office, it is nonsense. If you are packing from one house to a new one, will 100 days be enough to settle down. How do you expect a sudden turn-around within 100 days when so much damage has been done for years.

“But, it will not take too long before Nigeria would experience that change they crave for. Between the first six months and one year, people would feel that positive change,” he said.

On the defeat of President Goodluck Jonathan at the polls, he said he felt so happy that he lost, adding, “I have never supported him and I will not support him because I am an Ijaw man. His policies are very bad,” he maintained

and moderators push this topic to front page without any source

what is NL turning into
Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by ApexTitan(m): 9:23am On Apr 24, 2015
Buhari and APC have a lot to do in managing the expectations of Nigerians, they have to be careful when they address the public so that they are properly understood.

APC and it's agents need to watch what they say otherwise any carelessness will blow back in their faces.
Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by PAINGAIN: 9:26am On Apr 24, 2015
I am tired of listening to these people. This one said, that one didn't say, I was misquoted, I was misunderstood, buhari said this, buhari didn't say that, I never promised,we will do,we will try. They keep on talking but nothing ever gets done. These are all d same people PDP/APC, the only thing that gets done is stealing of money. This country is a mess.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by Nobody: 9:26am On Apr 24, 2015
*smh*
Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by Nobody: 9:27am On Apr 24, 2015
[quote author=jascon1 post=33047932]The only things in David West's brain are testicles[/ grin grin ; grin grin grin grin grin ]
Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by TheOtherview: 9:28am On Apr 24, 2015
walepinna:
The prob is that we don't read to understand, we only read...People should take patience to read whatsoever any one says without misinterpreting such person...
That's how they said buhari has started changing his manifesto without understanding what he means by what he said...
SMH

I beg to disagree.
The truth is; we read, we understand, but are too damn cynical to consider the merits of alternative view points.

1 Like

Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by saltoftheearth: 9:29am On Apr 24, 2015

Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by sheyee(m): 9:29am On Apr 24, 2015
He is actually trying to sell himself
Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by zeekz(m): 9:30am On Apr 24, 2015
free2ryhme:

and moderators push this topic to front page without any source

what is NL turning into
I got it vanguard, check the post again and u will see d source.
Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by buoye1(m): 9:35am On Apr 24, 2015
Why making such comments re this dangerous time that Nigerians re desperately seeking for whom to devour!
Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by oneeast: 9:36am On Apr 24, 2015
It is becoming cleare now that Nigerian people has just jumped onto ONE CHANCE bus.. shocked
Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by unite4real: 9:37am On Apr 24, 2015
jascon1:
The only things in David West's brain are testicles

AND YOUR OWN IS INDOMIE, GARNISHED WITH GRILLED CLIT**IS.

2 Likes

Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by Balkan(m): 9:39am On Apr 24, 2015
Nigerians don enter onechance.
#Babaonechance
Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by UnknownT: 9:40am On Apr 24, 2015
ferhyntorlah:
He will be.
the last time I saw him on TV, he looked very sick and weak, that he granted interviews doesn't mean he can withstand the 'rigorousness' of the ministry like he did when he was young and agile

1 Like

Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by jascon1(m): 9:41am On Apr 24, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Your English shows you have no brain
thank you for being able to spot that out Mr brain. Oya come n get Ur salary on Tuesday.
Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by Agbalanze(m): 9:41am On Apr 24, 2015
All I can say is......
''One chance'' grin grin
Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by philips70(m): 9:41am On Apr 24, 2015
koligs:
This people are gradually changing their manifestos...

Hope I don't regret voting this man??

I will just keep my lip sealed and watch..

Is there anywhere in Buhari's manifesto he said petrol will sell at N40? Please always read and comprehend and do less of herd mentality. For your information please bear in mind the press partly makes Nigerian democracy and they are also the greatest destroyer of it.

2 Likes

Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by alobam1: 9:43am On Apr 24, 2015
scribble:
Ok buhari should allow the refineries work because if he doesn't we will curse him so much he will just go and die.

Seconded
Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by Nobody: 9:44am On Apr 24, 2015
jascon1:
thank you for being able to spot that out Mr brain. Oya come n get Ur salary on Tuesday.
grin
Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by bigass123(m): 9:49am On Apr 24, 2015
Point of correction: they've been in that business since 1502AD.
Media: I call them the soldiers armed with pen.

literarymathy:
The media: putting words in people's mouth since 1750.

1 Like

Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by Mishydoo(m): 9:50am On Apr 24, 2015
lol....small time he'll say he never said anythn about fighting corruption,...#BabaOneChance don use our head.
Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by ezecushy(m): 9:51am On Apr 24, 2015
scribble:
Ok buhari should allow the refineries work because if he doesn't we will curse him so much he will just go and die.
Who are you refering as we since cursing is your hubby go ahead but don't forget that what goes around. Comes around. I pity you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lere Olayinka Mocks Omoyele Sowore On Arrest Of His Brother By DSS / See How IGP Idris Celebrated His Wife's Birthday Today With A Surprise(pics) / June 12: Lagos Police Says There Is No Sit-At-Home Order, Assures Safety

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.