Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,046 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:46 PM

Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN (59580 Views)

South African Family Finds Nude Lady In Bed With Their 4 Year-Old Daughter (Pic) / Xenophobia: Protesters Dispersed By South African Police (Photos) / A South African Complained Of Not Having Light For 2 Hours, Nigerian Guy Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by tolustx(m): 9:58am On Apr 24, 2015
Op, u shud consider taking to dis advice of urs too
Thandolwethu:
STOP BELIEVING WHATYOU READ AND WATCH ON social media as most are lies and fabricated figments of the imaginations
I believe it will help u to also not have a wrong notion of who Nigerians are.

6 Likes

Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by dizly: 9:58am On Apr 24, 2015
Imagine the rubbish and insult coming out of this south africans mouth. Well I don't blame you, na our people I blame for going to ur country to reside. Well the highest profits mtn and shop rubbish makes comes from our country we can divert to zain and glo so don't talk like its a monpolistic market and u guys are indispensible. Mtcheew nonsense how arrogant

6 Likes

Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by tonychristopher: 9:59am On Apr 24, 2015
NOW GET OUT OF HERE, YOUR MESSAGE HAS BEEN PASSED BUT IT IS LEFT FOR US EITHER TO TAKE IT OR DUMP IT

I AM DUMPING IT IN THE CANNAL OF BAYELSA AND MIND YOU THE BOKO HARAM IS CAUSED BY STUPIDD NIGERIAN MUSLIMS AND KILLING THEMSELVES, NOT ALL NIGERIAN AND WE CHRISTIANS ARE OKAY, BOKO HARAM IS ONLY IN 200 SQ KILOMETERS

NOW A MESSAGE FOR YOU UBUNTU ZULU PEOPLE, LEARN HOW TO COMPETE AND STOP WHINING LIKE A DOGG IN A HEAT. ITS A CAPITALIST ECONOMY AND A DOG EAT DOG SITUATION, AS OF CRIME, SOUTH AFRICANS LEAD THAT AREA DUE TO INDOLENCY AND DOCILITY SO DEVIL BUILT A WAREHOUSE IN YOUR MIND AND USING YOU AS TOOLS AS YOU PEOPLE AS A WILLING TOOLS TO COMIT CRIMES LIKE EVEN KILLING YOUR OWN LUCKY DUBE YOUR BROTHER THINKING IT WAS A NIGERIAN

NOW ARE NIGERIAN THE CAUSE OF HIV RAVAGING YOUR PEOPLE, YOUR MEN ARE LAZY ALL RECRATION THE GET IS SEXX SEXX SEXX AND THEY DO THAT WITHOUT GOOD DUREX AND THIS IS THE RESULTANT EFFECT

I WILL ADVISE YOU TO RUN TO YOUR MINE AND WORK, THE WHITES ARE RUNNING YOUR ECONOMY, WHAT HAPPENED TO EDUCATION, WHAT HAPPENED TO ENTREPRENUERSHIP, WHAT HAPPENED TO CAN DO SPIRIT, THESE ARE LUXURY THAT YOU CANT AFFORD

NOBODY GIVES IT TO YOU ON A PLATTER, YOU GOTTA WORK YOUR ASSS OUT

Thandolwethu:
I start by imploring you to read this letter with an open and unbiased mind as this will enable you grab the full gist of my message.
I am a full blooded South African, born and bread in Soweto. I have never been to Nigeria and my impression of your Country is formed by the behaviour and actions of the many Nigerians who live in SA and what we hear and read from the media about the goings on in your country.
I deliberately joined Nairaland today as I noted that alot of you are on this Forum hence its a good platform to pass my message. Suffice it to say that i will delete this account after this message. I will read your responses with keen interest.

1. There is no question that there was xenophobic attack on Foreigners in SA in the past 3weeks. What is in doubt is the scale of the attack. I have noted that Nigerians have overtly blown the crises out of proportion by spreading lies and wrong informatiom concerning the crisis. The idea that South Africans are going round SA cities killing, maiming and burning Foreigners is a lie. Only 7 people have been killed so far and of these 7, 3 are south Africans, 2 Ethiopians and 2 Mozambican. The world media is in agreement with these figures. While its 7 lives too many that doesnt give credence to the news going round in Nigeria that we are killing and burning Foreigners. If thats true then there would be more people dead.
STOP BELIEVING WHATYOU READ AND WATCH ON social media as most are lies and fabricated figments of the imaginations of mischievous Nigerians in other to stoke the flame of discord between Nigeria and SA.

2. Why are Nigerians up in arms against SA with xenophobia when the war in Nigeria is far worse than here in SA. Boko haram is killing thousands your people everyday and theres no end in sight meanwhile no Nigerian has been killed in this Xenophobic attack. That is why Nigerians throng our embassies in Lagos and Abuja seeking Visas to come to SA and escape the despicable living conditions in the slums of Nigeria.

3. This recent Xenophobic attack was predicated on the fact that Foreigners commit so much heinous crimes in SA without impunity and we are tired of all these. We have our own criminals here so we cant add more problems from foreigners.
A. NIigerians are the kingpins of drugs killing our children and society. Your brothers drug our girls into prostitution. They con our people with fraud and 419. They hack into our bank accounts stealing millions.

B. Zimbabweans are involved in robberies and car hijackings

C. Mozambicans kill our farmers and take our jobs for peanuts leaving many South Africans jobless

D. Ethiopians and Somalians open shops to do illegal activities and pollute our communities. Theres a Somalian shop in every 2 houses on every street in SA. No Country can allow that.

SA has its own issues but we would like to solve them without the added problems of Foreign crimials.

If you like burn down shoprite and close MTN its your people that will suffer because these companies employ millions of Nigerians. They will simply go jobless.

Thank you

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by danielmichael(m): 9:59am On Apr 24, 2015
As the president of nigeria,i declare shoprites and MTN closed and liquidated ad-infinitum in nigeria.any objectives will go to JAIL..

Case closed

5 Likes

Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by 100ksalescom(m): 9:59am On Apr 24, 2015
[size=20pt]Watin dey ShopRite wey no dey Aboki Kiosk?

Watin MTN dey do Wey GLO no fit do?[/size]

SA aint contributing shyte to NAIJA you can take them back. angry

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by nekaa(f): 9:59am On Apr 24, 2015
Afromalaika:
For those that can read between the lines, you will notice that this write-up is done by a Nigerian. The facts speaks for themselves.
How so?? throw light please..
Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by KingsleyCEO: 10:00am On Apr 24, 2015
7 people only and that's suppose to be an ordinary number... People take up arms against the defenceless? And give one stupid reason of job taking as an excuse, God will so punish those of you supporting this devilish act than the perpetrators.

10 Likes

Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by queridasally(f): 10:01am On Apr 24, 2015
My dear, there is truth in your words, never the less its not just cause for the actions, there is space enough for every bird in the sky to fly,so that foreigners are succedding in your country is not their fault, we saw pictures of south africans raiding the shops of foreigners, that's stealing,the very act you also condemn,pls don't justify the act, your people should be more experienced after the arpatheid..south Africa has grown cos of its mixed citizens,its a home to all..let's not destroy that.

3 Likes

Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by baybeeboi: 10:01am On Apr 24, 2015
Thandolwethu:

Upambene wena Adeniyi...i said its '7 lives too many'"
are all south Africans this foölish?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by MKO4ever(m): 10:02am On Apr 24, 2015
This guy will soon become President one day, because he can lie so much. See his big head,
If MTN leaves today, do you think we do not have enough local investors to enter the market?
Can you swear with ya papa prick that no Nigerians have been killed in this attack?
You must be drunk!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by Vitalis8701(m): 10:02am On Apr 24, 2015
Thandolwethu:
I start by imploring you to read this letter with an open and unbiased mind as this will enable you grab the full gist of my message.
I am a full blooded South African, born and bread in Soweto. I have never been to Nigeria and my impression of your Country is formed by the behaviour and actions of the many Nigerians who live in SA and what we hear and read from the media about the goings on in your country.
I deliberately joined Nairaland today as I noted that alot of you are on this Forum hence its a good platform to pass my message. Suffice it to say that i will delete this account after this message. I will read your responses with keen interest.

1. There is no question that there was xenophobic attack on Foreigners in SA in the past 3weeks. What is in doubt is the scale of the attack. I have noted that Nigerians have overtly blown the crises out of proportion by spreading lies and wrong informatiom concerning the crisis. The idea that South Africans are going round SA cities killing, maiming and burning Foreigners is a lie. Only 7 people have been killed so far and of these 7, 3 are south Africans, 2 Ethiopians and 2 Mozambican. The world media is in agreement with these figures. While its 7 lives too many that doesnt give credence to the news going round in Nigeria that we are killing and burning Foreigners. If thats true then there would be more people dead.
STOP BELIEVING WHATYOU READ AND WATCH ON social media as most are lies and fabricated figments of the imaginations of mischievous Nigerians in other to stoke the flame of discord between Nigeria and SA.

2. Why are Nigerians up in arms against SA with xenophobia when the war in Nigeria is far worse than here in SA. Boko haram is killing thousands your people everyday and theres no end in sight meanwhile no Nigerian has been killed in this Xenophobic attack. That is why Nigerians throng our embassies in Lagos and Abuja seeking Visas to come to SA and escape the despicable living conditions in the slums of Nigeria.

3. This recent Xenophobic attack was predicated on the fact that Foreigners commit so much heinous crimes in SA without impunity and we are tired of all these. We have our own criminals here so we cant add more problems from foreigners.
A. NIigerians are the kingpins of drugs killing our children and society. Your brothers drug our girls into prostitution. They con our people with fraud and 419. They hack into our bank accounts stealing millions.

C. Mozambicans kill our farmers and take our jobs for peanuts leaving many South Africans jobless

D. Ethiopians and Somalians open shops to do illegal activities and pollute our communities. Theres a Somalian shop in every 2 houses on every street in SA. No Country can allow that.

SA has its own issues but we would like to solve them without the added problems of Foreign crimials.

If you like burn down shoprite and close MTN its your people that will suffer because these companies employ millions of Nigerians. They will simply go jobless.

Thank you
Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by Dahjhi: 10:03am On Apr 24, 2015
Thandolwethu:

Thank you
All these thrash to justify this animalistic behavior? U are kidding bro

6 Likes

Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by Nobody: 10:03am On Apr 24, 2015
By this comment you just made its clear you are oblivious of whats happening in your brother nation because if you are you will know that boko haram issue has been cubed. You were accusing us of listening to the lies from social media when you are a perfect product of such.

Thandolwethu:

Our president has sent in the Army to stop the riots and attacks.

Unlike Jonathan who cant send in the army to stop boko haram

5 Likes

Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by sellydion: 10:03am On Apr 24, 2015
WHAT IS SHOPRITE AND MTN? WHAT PERCENTAGE DO THEY CONTRIBUTE TO OUR ECONOMY? IF THEY EXIT TODAY MANY OF THEM WILL SPRING UP. OP, WE ARE TALKING OF HUMAN LIVES UNREASONABLY TOIL WITH. YOUR WRITE UP NEED MORE SENSE.

10 Likes

Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by baybeeboi: 10:05am On Apr 24, 2015
PunkyOh:

Most of your boys beg to differ grin

Kwaaaaa.
exactly what happens when slaves are set free....
They go wild. Heegoat

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by Dahjhi: 10:05am On Apr 24, 2015
tonychristopher:
NOW GET OUT OF HERE, YOUR MESSAGE HAS BEEN PASSED BUT IT IS LEFT FOR US EITHER TO TAKE IT OR DUMP IT

I AM DUMPING IT IN THE CANNAL OF BAYELSA AND MIND YOU THE BOKO HARAM IS CAUSED BY STUPIDD NIGERIAN MUSLIMS AND KILLING THEMSELVES, NOT ALL NIGERIAN AND WE CHRISTIANS ARE OKAY, BOKO HARAM IS ONLY IN 200 SQ KILOMETERS

NOW A MESSAGE FOR YOU UBUNTU ZULU PEOPLE, LEARN HOW TO COMPETE AND STOP WHINING LIKE A DOGG IN A HEAT. ITS A CAPITALIST ECONOMY AND A DOG EAT DOG SITUATION, AS OF CRIME, SOUTH AFRICANS LEAD THAT AREA DUE TO INDOLENCY AND DOCILITY SO DEVIL BUILT A WAREHOUSE IN YOUR MIND AND USING YOU AS TOOLS AS YOU PEOPLE AS A WILLING TOOLS TO COMIT CRIMES LIKE EVEN KILLING YOUR OWN LUCKY DUBE YOUR BROTHER THINKING IT WAS A NIGERIAN

NOW ARE NIGERIAN THE CAUSE OF HIV RAVAGING YOUR PEOPLE, YOUR MEN ARE LAZY ALL RECRATION THE GET IS SEXX SEXX SEXX AND THEY DO THAT WITHOUT GOOD DUREX AND THIS IS THE RESULTANT EFFECT

I WILL ADVISE YOU TO RUN TO YOUR MINE AND WORK, THE WHITES ARE RUNNING YOUR ECONOMY, WHAT HAPPENED TO EDUCATION, WHAT HAPPENED TO ENTREPRENUERSHIP, WHAT HAPPENED TO CAN DO SPIRIT, THESE ARE LUXURY THAT YOU CANT AFFORD

NOBODY GIVES IT TO YOU ON A PLATTER, YOU GOTTA WORK YOUR ASSS OUT

13 Likes

Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by fpeter(f): 10:06am On Apr 24, 2015

You really think without Shoprite and MTN, we will starve or beg or be unemployed? have a rethink my friend.
Have you heard about China There are far better countries than SA that would be willing to invest in Nigeria
Moreover, your people are lazy,uneducated and dull..even if they send foreigners away, who will do your jobs?
Your men spend all their youth drinking alcohol whilst the vast majority of your women breed kids for different men
Get this right, Nigeria is great and we have all it takes to be the best in Africa, your Govt pampers you yet your
People cannot make a life out of the freebies, the average Nigerian is a hustler,go-getter right from birth. As for
The crimes in SA, your youths,restless and lazy bones that have no aspirations in life are the ones who do the drugs,robberies and so on.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by cocokiller1(f): 10:06am On Apr 24, 2015
u, my friend,sound intelligent 4rm the start nd dumb at d end.

5 Likes

Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by Skoopy(m): 10:06am On Apr 24, 2015
Thandolwethu:

Our president has sent in the Army to stop the riots and attacks.

Unlike Jonathan who cant send in the army to stop boko haram

I will try to be very civil in my response to you.

Our president might have lost our confidence, but it sure doesn't give you the right to address him in such manner. Mind you, a country that has to send away immigrants in other to put it's house in other does not deserve to exist.

I would also want to crave your indulgence on the fact that your people and companies are spread across Nigeria and we sure know what to do if the need arises.

I personally work with over 26 SA citizens whose company is executing a contract with my company and also in Ghana. You guys will only do more harm than good to your economy.

Please mind how you talk, don't add salt to injury.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by Nobody: 10:06am On Apr 24, 2015
The pictures above me are fabricated. The one with a woman with machete scars, i have seen that picture since last year and the one with the persons head sliced into two is photoshopped...

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by Abelmoscus(m): 10:06am On Apr 24, 2015
babasoji:

Utter rubbish. You put up a bunch of words together as intelligently as you possibly could and yet, it still reads as utter rubbish.

So because we are fighting Boko Haram, we should shut up about our African brothers being killed, injured, maimed and displaced?

And to your other point about MTN and Shoprite, if you haven't heard, Nigeria brings in about 40% of profits for both entities and while I would never advocate any form of violence but the power of economic boycott would have an impact on both entities. And for the record, the same crimes you accuse other Africans of, MTN and Shoprite are guilty of. They have poor staffing practices, cheat Nigerians of our hard earned money and don't build capacity of our people.

Finally, lol at Shoprite and MTN hiring millions of Nigerians...you might as well have said billions now...donkey

Thank U my brother, this is an insult to us as a nation. I will blame our leaders for bringing to the state of disrepute from a country like SA

4 Likes

Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by oluwasegun007(m): 10:07am On Apr 24, 2015
So u grant them visa just to get them killed, I gez 4rm ur letter the xenophobic attack is not directed towards foreigners but Nigerians. The fact is,
1. Mtn is not the only network in nigeria, the elimination of Mtn only mean the prayer time of Mike adenuga paid off
2. And for Multichoice (Dstv), close & better substitute is just by the corner.
Finally, if u dnt no country in the world is going to send any foreign company(s) out of it country, that's why we have policies to frustrate them out
Least I forget, shoprite is out of it....if you don't know we have better Stores & malls in Naija. So direct your aggression on your govt that is not responsive or responsible enough to attend to your needs by providing brilliant policies & programs.

Naija for life (Giant of Africa; hatters fit go die)

7 Likes

Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by petkoffDrake(m): 10:07am On Apr 24, 2015
TechRev:
South African monkey writing the baboons and monkeys in the zoological republic.

Does south Africa have police that fight crime? Oh I remember their police is for killing South African miners that dare demand for their wages.

As for the zoological republic called Nigeria, her own case is irredeemably hopeless.

do u know what u need?

U NEED JESUS!

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by ooshinibos: 10:08am On Apr 24, 2015
Thandolwethu:

Thank you
sir , you just made matters worse ...SA had high crime rate before apartheid and post apartheid , foreigners did not bring criminality to SA ,they are just copying what they met in SA ; there is no excuse for XENOPHOBIA AND HATRED especially in SA where Apartheid was a stronghold , you should know better , you are speaking the same language your ex white masters spoke and still speaking ..and before I get more upset , Nigerians or whatever nationalities that you said are committing crimes cannot not be linked to their nationalities , a criminal is a criminal and he is not committing crime because he is from Nigeria or Zimbabwe ..you should look why they are committing these crimes , is it the environment or social injustice ? , you have Nigerians and other Nationalities in professional jobs in SA , paying tax and all , I bet you will not complain about that ....
and for your memory the Swedish girl that was murdered in Johannesburg was murdered by A south African , the recent SA sportsman that murdered his girlfriend was WHITE southern africa --was he Nigerian or Kenyan you south African are just full of hatred and you got it from your apartheid masters , ..you also complained about foreigners taking you jobs ., that's rubbish , the jobs were there before the foreigners came , why didn't the lazy SA workers fill the jobs before the foreigners came ... If I had the power , I will bring back Apartheid with full force because Black SA are no better even worse ..I dare you ,if you reply me , evil doers

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by butanep(m): 10:08am On Apr 24, 2015
I am just here to read comments but...

You made some relevant point but you were biased on your judgment. SA need Nigerians, the way we need you guyz. It's a symbiotic relationship.

SA also travel to other countries to constitute nuisance just as you referred to other countries. Your country is not excluded... Let me remind you that Nigerians also have multi- national companies and industries in SA that has employed lots of you guyz.

If you don't need foreign, the government should be diplomatic and come out open not this attack on your fellow brothers n sisters.

Remember we are the gaint of Africa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by fpeter(f): 10:08am On Apr 24, 2015
Thandolwethu:

Our people are not Lazy...SA is the largest econmy in Africa and the most beautiful country because it was built by the hard work of black South african labourers.

The largest economy in Africa, are you hooked on cheap drugs?

4 Likes

Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by ooshinibos: 10:09am On Apr 24, 2015
this OP , just made matters worse ...SA had high crime rate before apartheid and post apartheid , foreigners did not bring criminality to SA ,they are just copying what they met in SA ; there is no excuse for XENOPHOBIA AND HATRED especially in SA where Apartheid was a stronghold , you should know better , you are speaking the same language your ex white masters spoke and still speaking ..and before I get more upset , Nigerians or whatever nationalities that you said are committing crimes cannot not be linked to their nationalities , a criminal is a criminal and he is not committing crime because he is from Nigeria or Zimbabwe ..you should look why they are committing these crimes , is it the environment or social injustice ? , you have Nigerians and other Nationalities in professional jobs in SA , paying tax and all , I bet you will not complain about that ....
and for your memory the Swedish girl that was murdered in Johannesburg was murdered by A south African , the recent SA sportsman that murdered his girlfriend was WHITE southern africa --was he Nigerian or Kenyan you south African are just full of hatred and you got it from your apartheid masters , ..you also complained about foreigners taking you jobs ., that's rubbish , the jobs were there before the foreigners came , why didn't the lazy SA workers fill the jobs before the foreigners came ... If I had the power , I will bring back Apartheid with full force because Black SA are no better even worse ..I dare you ,if you reply me , evil doers

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by idu1(m): 10:09am On Apr 24, 2015
E no go better for you.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by hotgunz(m): 10:10am On Apr 24, 2015
adegunwa4real:
Well....I see some sense in his words
as u too s senseless seein sense in killin anoda human s dere no police in SA? All wat ds ur senseless broda says re stupidity, so British should also start killin foreigners for sum crimes d oda comitted?

3 Likes

Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by tonychristopher: 10:10am On Apr 24, 2015
WEATHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT, THE TRUTH MUST BE TOLD, SOUTH AFRICANS ARE LAZY WANTING AND EXPECTING HANDOUTS FROM GOVERNMENT AND IT IS A GLOBAL THING, THE WHOLE WORLD KNOWS THAT...

NOW DEAL WITH WHESE STATEMENTS THAT YOUR LEADERS SAY ABOUT YOU

NOBODY CALLS A NIGERIAN LAZY, GLOBALLY WE ARE SMART AND HUTSLING DUDES, EVEN THE WEST RESPECT THE AVERAGE IGBO DUDE AND THE YORUBA BLOKE, THAT IS A FACT. WE AINT SMILLING BE IT INTELLECTUALLY OR PHYSICALLY, EVEN IN CRIME, WE GIVE YOU THE FINEST THAT WE DAZE THE INTERPOLE AND CIA ...SO GIVE IT UP TO US...DO YOU THINK WE ARE THE BIGGEST ECONOMY IN AFRICA BY SITTING AROUND....DUDE WAKE UP

SMELL THE COFFEE

The president said South Africans had started to become lazy since the shackles of apartheid were loosened.

Zuma related an anecdote of a visit he made to an unnamed African country during the liberation struggle, reported Sapa.

"I got there and people were working very slowly, they were not in a rush, and I asked the comrade who was taking me, 'What's happening?'

"He said people don't work fast, people say they are free. The white man has left, they are now free."

Zuma warned that freedom is "not something that is in the air

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Politics/Zuma-complains-about-lazy-South-Africans-20150325

Bapela said this during a visit to traditional leaders and Khoisan representatives in the city.

He also used the opportunity to condemn reported xenophobic attacks as “shameful acts perpetrated against fellow human beings”.

“Jobs that are shunned by South Africans, such as mining, farming and jobs in the hospitality industry are being given to foreign nationals, who are prepared to work hard. South Africans do not want to get their hands dirty and rely on the government to provide them with free houses and free schooling.”

http://www.iol.co.za/news/south-africa/northern-cape/south-africans-a-lazy-bunch-1.1847452#.VToGRKbeEcg

Foreigners are not lazy like you poor South Africans: President Zuma says

"The reality you can't find protests in other places is that there is no hope. When foreigners come to South Africa, because they are not used to government handing [out] things, they get here and see opportunities and thrive," said Zuma.

"Our people are waiting for government. Our people are not used to standing up and doing things. These ones [foreigners] are not expecting any government to do anything so they get here, see opportunities and exploit them. They have taken over your small businesses."

http://www.southafricalatestnews.co.za/news/450-foreigners-are-not-lazy-like-you-poor-south-africans-president-zuma-says.html

Thandolwethu:

Thank you

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by ehispapa(m): 10:10am On Apr 24, 2015
i can bet my life that this wasnt written by a south african. i have lived among them and this is not how they write. this write up have a strong Nigerian tone. i suspect a Nigerian living in south.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Zimbabwean Soldiers Force Policemen To Sit On The Ground After Take Over / Photo Of Grace And Robert Mugabe After Resignation Has Gone Viral Online / Twenty Indian soldiers Die After Clash With China Along Disputed Border

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.