Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,313 members, 7,808,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:13 AM

How Broke Is Cross River State Government? (photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Broke Is Cross River State Government? (photo) (6759 Views)

This KOWA Man Gives The Way-out Of Current Bad Government [photo] / Hilarious! PDP Vs APC Government (photo) / Kaduna Beggars Protest Ban By Government (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Broke Is Cross River State Government? (photo) by Nobody: 9:05am On Apr 24, 2015
Visiting the state now, someone who has visited it before would see an entire different picture of the once the most cleanest, hospitable, leisure and tourism inspired state which has been known over the years. From refuse dumps heeping uncared in every street of the city embarrassingly, to non-payment of salaries to civil servants since January till date, to total shut down of academic activities in the state owned univerisity (Cross River University of Science and Technology : CRUTECH) over four (4) months now, to worsening situation of water supply across the state by Water Board, a state established entity overseeing the supplication of water to the residents, then to the high cost of commodities in the market and excessive tasking of business owners for taxation. Seriously, life is just too unbearable in Cross River state (Calabar precisely) for an average Nigerian to live in. Are all these attributed to the broke status of the government pocket?
Re: How Broke Is Cross River State Government? (photo) by appini: 9:07am On Apr 24, 2015
See the clown that embezzled the whole money sleeping on duty.

NB; Amaechi always come to my mind whenever anything rivers is mentioned.

Judas Iscariot is one of the easily remembered apostles of Jesus Christ.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Broke Is Cross River State Government? (photo) by imbless: 9:09am On Apr 24, 2015
Rivers state is different from cross river@ op, amaechi is tired because he is APC errand boy and driver.

2 Likes

Re: How Broke Is Cross River State Government? (photo) by dhardline(m): 9:24am On Apr 24, 2015
appini:

Cross river is different from Rivers.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Broke Is Cross River State Government? (photo) by obongtunji: 9:26am On Apr 24, 2015
appini:

You happen to be the biggest clown of our time. Which school did you attend ? I'm very sure you have big problem with English Language, you lack comprehension ability, are you really a Nigerian ? Why is it hard for you to understand that there is big difference between River State and Cross River State ? You chose to hate Amiechi for just no reason. What concerns Amiechi with events in Cross River State ? You are here hating him while he is on his way to Asovilla to start making decisions for you and I. It is high time you stop hating before your blood pressure will start malfunctioning. Liyel Imoke is the current governor of Cross River State mr hater. If you so much hate Amiechi, then chad is not far from here.

23 Likes

Re: How Broke Is Cross River State Government? (photo) by Nobody: 9:49am On Apr 24, 2015
appini:
don't tell me you don't know the difference between Rivers and Cross River

7 Likes

Re: How Broke Is Cross River State Government? (photo) by appini: 9:53am On Apr 24, 2015
obongtunji:

You happen to be the biggest clown of our time. Which school did you attend ? I'm very sure you have big problem with English Language, you lack comprehension ability, are you really a Nigerian ? Why is it hard for you to understand that there is big difference between River State and Cross River State ? You chose to hate Amiechi for just no reason. What concerns Amiechi with events in Cross River State ? You are here hating him while he is on his way to Asovilla to start making decisions for you and I. It is high time you stop hating before your blood pressure will start malfunctioning. Liyel Imoke is the current governor of Cross River State mr hater. If you so much hate Amiechi, then chad is not far from here.

My brother pls take it easy... It's not my fault as I do dream of your Amaechi day and night.

Anyway, Amaechi can go and die!!
Re: How Broke Is Cross River State Government? (photo) by sammyj: 9:56am On Apr 24, 2015
Olodo the topic is about cross rivers and not rivers. !!! cheesy grin grin shocked cool grin grin grin
appini:

4 Likes

Re: How Broke Is Cross River State Government? (photo) by appini: 10:00am On Apr 24, 2015
sammyj:
Olodo the topic is about cross rivers and not rivers. !!! cheesy grin grin shocked cool grin grin grin

Na you sabi
Re: How Broke Is Cross River State Government? (photo) by reborn1: 10:07am On Apr 24, 2015
appini:

Crossriver is not Rivers state. Olodo cheesy cheesy cheesy

9 Likes

Re: How Broke Is Cross River State Government? (photo) by Demdem(m): 10:07am On Apr 24, 2015
appini:

Ur hatred has made u deranged.

8 Likes

Re: How Broke Is Cross River State Government? (photo) by fendorf(m): 10:28am On Apr 24, 2015
appini:

so you don't know the difference btw cross river and rivers state.smh

3 Likes

Re: How Broke Is Cross River State Government? (photo) by Nobody: 10:33am On Apr 24, 2015
appini:

My brother pls take it easy... It's not my fault as I do dream of your Amaechi day and night.

Anyway, Amaechi can go and die!!

amaechi dey eem own dey climb higher, some people dey here dey carry im mata for head. no wonder many nigerians are poor. head wey u suppose use think beta thing.

5 Likes

Re: How Broke Is Cross River State Government? (photo) by Nobody: 10:43am On Apr 24, 2015
appini:

Are you sure you went to school and you were taught State and capital.

2 Likes

Re: How Broke Is Cross River State Government? (photo) by Menace2Society(m): 10:47am On Apr 24, 2015
appini:

Na you sabi
Go school u no gree now see ya life grin U better go learn State and capital from any kid around u!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Broke Is Cross River State Government? (photo) by efilefun(m): 10:49am On Apr 24, 2015
appini:

You get brain at all Just cuz of ur hatred you are so daft to differentiate between rivers and cross river

1 Like

Re: How Broke Is Cross River State Government? (photo) by OKEDI2012(m): 11:10am On Apr 24, 2015
appini:

YOU SEE YOUR LIFE
INSTEAD OF YOU TO USED YOUR BRAIN AND IMPROVE YOU FUTURE YOU DEY FILL YOUR THICK BRAIN WITH AMEACHI.

BUT GUY NAIRALANDERS DON BLAST THE HELL OUT OF YOU O.

2 Likes

Re: How Broke Is Cross River State Government? (photo) by appini: 11:13am On Apr 24, 2015
OKEDI2012:

YOU SEE YOUR LIFE
INSTEAD OF YOU TO USED YOUR BRAIN AND IMPROVE YOU FUTURE YOU DEY FILL YOUR THICK BRAIN WITH AMEACHI.

BUT GUY NAIRALANDERS DON BLAST THE HELL OUT OF YOU O.

Na you sabi
Re: How Broke Is Cross River State Government? (photo) by OKEDI2012(m): 11:16am On Apr 24, 2015
appini:

Na you sabi
PLEASE TRY AND READ STATES AND CAPITALS.

1 Like

Re: How Broke Is Cross River State Government? (photo) by appini: 11:19am On Apr 24, 2015
OKEDI2012:

PLEASE TRY AND READ STATES AND CAPITALS.

Thanks!
Re: How Broke Is Cross River State Government? (photo) by CyerSeries: 11:25am On Apr 24, 2015
Una no even put mouth for OP matter, na appini mistake una carry for head grin..Nawa oo
Re: How Broke Is Cross River State Government? (photo) by Demdem(m): 11:26am On Apr 24, 2015
CyerSeries:
Una no even put mouth for OP matter, na appini mistake una carry for head grin..Nawa oo

He is far more disgusting than the rot being experienced in Cross Rivers state. That explains why.

3 Likes

Re: How Broke Is Cross River State Government? (photo) by besttrader: 11:52am On Apr 24, 2015
Re: How Broke Is Cross River State Government? (photo) by appini: 11:53am On Apr 24, 2015
Demdem:

He is far more disgusting than the rot being experienced in Cross Rivers state. That explains why.

Don't mind them, crocro like this Baba one chance dey call him own vice Osinbade and nothing happen.

Na Dem sabi
Re: How Broke Is Cross River State Government? (photo) by anasey(m): 11:54am On Apr 24, 2015
humm
Re: How Broke Is Cross River State Government? (photo) by Demdem(m): 11:57am On Apr 24, 2015
appini:

Don't mind them, crocro like this Baba one chance dey call him own vice Osinbade and nothing happen.

Na Dem sabi

u are confused. Read again

4 Likes

Re: How Broke Is Cross River State Government? (photo) by arewafederation: 12:07pm On Apr 24, 2015
@Appini , kpele. This kind early morning bashing fit cause dysentery. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How Broke Is Cross River State Government? (photo) by appini: 12:08pm On Apr 24, 2015
Demdem:

u are confused. Read again

They are shifting blames.. Cross Rivers is a different ball game entirely.
Re: How Broke Is Cross River State Government? (photo) by besttrader: 12:09pm On Apr 24, 2015
I got my admission at the University of Calabar just about when democracy was restarted i.e. when Donald Duke came into power and I saw first hand how Calabar was transformed pre-1999 into the post-1999 era. One of the legacies of the Donald Duke's administration was the Cross River State Water Board.

When I was in the University I stayed at Maine Avenue, getting water was tough through my period in the University, since I lived off campus. It wasn't easier either for folks who stayed on campus. However, when Duke initiated the CRS Water Board and made Gershom Bassey the point man there, things worked very well (the Head was focused and everybody was whipped into line).

After School I moved to Asari Isor, and I can say that the urban water supply was so good that you don't need any water storage facility at home. Water was constant, the only disruptions in supply was when they were washing tanks (so I heard) and this is somewhat once in 6-months kind of thing.

Gershom Bassey the point man for the State's water board became reckless during the Imoke's regime. He cornered diesel meant for running the water board to his private residence which was situated at Asari Isor (actually his residence is a stone throw away from mine). So you see, this impunity continued all through the Imoke's 8-years tenure and anybody living in Calabar would tell you that Calabar has retrogressed back into the era where its populace now carry water containers in their cars in a bid to get water (something I thought would never happen in Calabar again).

As a matter of fact, the Liyel Imoke's regime has no direction and is useless. After 8-years of Imoke, I can tell you that his $16 billion power sector co-scam with OBJ wasn't enough for him. He has looted the State even further via his actions and inaction. I know too well, I can tell you his leadership style is just like that of GEJ, where impunity is perpetrated by members of council and no one is there to caution them. It's sort of a free for all (the Head is without vision and everyone becomes reckless).

At the moment, the failed Gershom Bassey has won himself a seat to represent the people under the flagship of the PDP. I just wonder, how a man would run the State Water Board from inception and bring it to ruin. How did he get rewarded by the PDP? This is why the PDP remains one of the most hated party in the world. Failure is graciously rewarded at PDP.

I wish I can explain some more the dynamics and ruin of the PDP in Cross River State. It is simply appalling!!

6 Likes

Re: How Broke Is Cross River State Government? (photo) by appini: 12:10pm On Apr 24, 2015
arewafederation:
@Appini , kpele. This kind early morning bashing fit cause dysentery. cheesy

Na evening I dey here oo.
Re: How Broke Is Cross River State Government? (photo) by ignis: 12:43pm On Apr 24, 2015
It's unfortunate some people don't know there's difference between Rivers and Cross River State.

1 Like

Re: How Broke Is Cross River State Government? (photo) by CoCoLav(f): 12:45pm On Apr 24, 2015
Sigh

Its Cross River not Cross Rivers.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prince Arthur Eze Sprays Bride And Groom With Bundles Of Cash - Pics / OAKWOOD GARDEN 1 BY D LAKOWE GOLFCOURSE IN LEKKI TAKES A NEW LOOK07058323906 / Pic Of Bill Gate With Kids Vs Pic Of Atiku With Kids: What Difference?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.