Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,410 members, 7,808,461 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:16 PM

Honda's Incredible New Private Jet for $4.5million - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Honda's Incredible New Private Jet for $4.5million (2416 Views)

Tony Elumelu Working In His Private Jet (Photo) / Tony Elumelu Working In A Private Jet (PICS) / Warri Billionaire Ayiri Emami Splashes N1.5million On Breakfast(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda's Incredible New Private Jet for $4.5million by searchcorp(m): 9:06am On Apr 24, 2015
Honda, a company most famous for its award-winning line of automobiles, motorcycles, and home improvement equipment, is entering into some very unfamiliar territory — private jets.

After nearly 30 years of development, the HondaJet marks the company's entry into the $23 billion-a-year general aviation industry.

When it enters service, the $4.5 million North Carolina-produced HondaJet will compete in the very light jet segment of the market against already-established models, such as Embraer's Phenom 100 and Cessna's Citation Mustang.

According to the AP's Yuri Kageyama, Honda already has 100 orders for the jet — on sale now in the US and Europe — with deliveries set to begin later this year.

To show off its latest mobility offering, Honda is taking the jet on a world tour that kicked off this week with a ceremony at Tokyo's Haneda Airport.

"To offer personal mobility in the skies was the dream of Soichiro Honda and the dream of us Honda men," Honda president Takanobu Ito told the press in Tokyo. "Today is a symbolic day."

Honda Aircraft CEO Michimasa Fujino revealed a truly fascinating tidbit of information at the ceremony — the nose design of the jet was inspired by a pair of Salvatore Ferragamo high heels he encountered at a duty free shop while on vacation in Hawaii.

According the Wall Street Journal, Fujino told the press that he was inspired by the designer footwear because it represented beauty, comfort, and functionality.

Designer heels aside, it will also feature one of the most unique engine layouts in civil aviation, with two GE Honda HF120 turbofans mounted on top of its wings. This design eschews the conventional business jet layout that calls for engines to be mounted at the rear of the fuselage.

By dispersing much of the engine's noise away from the fuselage, the jet will save passengers from suffering the same ear-shattering din as those unfortunate enough to be seated in the last few rows of other rear-engined aircraft.

According to the company, the over-wing engine design also gives the cabin greater usable space by removing the interior superstructure needed to support the engines.

The aircraft's HF120 turbofans will power the six-passenger HondaJet to a top speed of 483 mph and a maximum range of over 1,300 miles. Honda's technical wizardry also shows up in the jet's interior, with a state-of-the-art cockpit packed with features like touchscreen controls, a trio of 14-inch displays, and Garmin's G3000 avionics suite.

Have a closer look at Honda's new HondaJet:

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/hondas-new-hondajet-debuts-at-tokyo-haneda-airport-2015-4#ixzz3YDCIasKs

Re: Honda's Incredible New Private Jet for $4.5million by searchcorp(m): 9:06am On Apr 24, 2015
More pictures

Re: Honda's Incredible New Private Jet for $4.5million by Nobody: 9:08am On Apr 24, 2015
undecided
Re: Honda's Incredible New Private Jet for $4.5million by MrFootball(m): 9:14am On Apr 24, 2015
4.5 million? nigerian politicians will certainly place orders...
Re: Honda's Incredible New Private Jet for $4.5million by greatmarshall(m): 9:26am On Apr 24, 2015
This is incredible... They'll have a good market for this...
Re: Honda's Incredible New Private Jet for $4.5million by Sleekydee(m): 9:33am On Apr 24, 2015
nice....I like the fact that its considerably not as expensive...lemme hustle hard so I can pick one for myself.
Re: Honda's Incredible New Private Jet for $4.5million by searchcorp(m): 10:08am On Apr 24, 2015
MrFootball:

Same thing I said to myself when I first saw the price....

Quite affordable, I guess the private jet industry will soon be very competitive which will affect the pricing dynamics of the industry.

Hence we hope to see cheaper jets. But then don't forget that this travels a maximum of 1300 miles stretch on a gassed up tank. Prepare for many stop overs on your way to China.
Re: Honda's Incredible New Private Jet for $4.5million by searchcorp(m): 10:20am On Apr 24, 2015
greatmarshall:

very incredible pal. But left for me , I would like to see car companies like BMW and Benz go into the Jet market and not HONDA per say...
Re: Honda's Incredible New Private Jet for $4.5million by greatmarshall(m): 10:32am On Apr 24, 2015
searchcorp:

very incredible pal. But left for me , I would like to see car companies like BMW and Benz go into the Jet market and not HONDA per say...
exactly bro... especially Benz

1 Like

Re: Honda's Incredible New Private Jet for $4.5million by MrFootball(m): 11:19am On Apr 24, 2015
searchcorp:

Same thing I said to myself when I first saw the price....

Quite affordable, I guess the private jet industry will soon be very competitive which will affect the pricing dynamics of the industry.

Hence we hope to see cheaper jets. But then don't forget that this travels a maximum of 1300 miles stretch on a gassed up tank. Prepare for many stop overs on your way to China.
Dats true.

1 Like

Re: Honda's Incredible New Private Jet for $4.5million by andico34: 12:59pm On Apr 24, 2015
this is what is called a glass cockpit!....even the Flight Management is touch screen...great!
Re: Honda's Incredible New Private Jet for $4.5million by jendy36(m): 1:45pm On Apr 24, 2015
Awesome!!!
Re: Honda's Incredible New Private Jet for $4.5million by stevecantrell: 2:20pm On Apr 24, 2015
greatmarshall:

Darn right !!
Re: Honda's Incredible New Private Jet for $4.5million by cescky(m): 3:06pm On Apr 24, 2015
Hmmm
Been waiting for this for sometime now *smacks lips*

Just the right gift for her next birthday!
Re: Honda's Incredible New Private Jet for $4.5million by OCTAVO: 4:40pm On Apr 24, 2015
Nice.
Re: Honda's Incredible New Private Jet for $4.5million by searchcorp(m): 7:58pm On Apr 24, 2015
cescky:
Hmmm
Been waiting for this for sometime now *smacks lips*

Just the right gift for her next birthday!

and when exactly is her birthday. I just might beat you to it.
Re: Honda's Incredible New Private Jet for $4.5million by cescky(m): 8:13pm On Apr 24, 2015
searchcorp:

and when exactly is her birthday. I just might beat you to it.

looool grin see this guy man oo shocked

1 Like

Re: Honda's Incredible New Private Jet for $4.5million by bigiyaro(m): 8:27pm On Apr 24, 2015
MrFootball:
if GEJ comes back.
Re: Honda's Incredible New Private Jet for $4.5million by MrFootball(m): 8:29pm On Apr 24, 2015
bigiyaro:
if GEJ comes back.
Lolz.
Re: Honda's Incredible New Private Jet for $4.5million by BizBloke(m): 10:36pm On Apr 24, 2015
Time to pre-order mine. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

I need naira ,who needs dollars? (SOLD) / Buhari Come To Our Rescue In Alaba, Yoruba People Don Start Trouble Again O / Learn Valuable Skills That Can Skyrocket Your Finance For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.