Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,846 members, 7,806,394 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:42 PM

Déjà Vu - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Déjà Vu (657 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Déjà Vu by Nobody: 9:17am On Apr 24, 2015
My whole life has been one fraught with strings of DÉJÀ VU. Not like it appears I have seen every event that has come to pass with me before they occurred, but hardly will a fortnight pass without me having a Déjà Vu, on the average.

Interestingly, the same cannot be said with my infrequent dreams when, out of the blues I have them, and thankfully so because I would've have been long dead, if my life had played out as I have often dreamt, and even life as we know it would be tending towards the apocalyptic, when the dreams aren't about me.

I have always been intrigued with the feeling of always knowing that comes with Déjà Vu especially with day-to-day trivia that eventually shape my life, that many times I hoped that key aspects of my life could be so predictive.

Many a time I catch the Déjà Vu early, I would play by the dictates of what I know should happen next, interestingly when I play to deviate from the plan, I find that my thoughts also reveal that I so planned to so do when I realized I was having a Déjà Vu, and deviated just as I was wont to originally do, bringing me back to square one. So, at the end of the day, there's no winning it with Déjà Vu.

I was very disappointed when I sought to understand how the phenomenon worked, and the scientific explanation coming off as something akin to my mind playing tricks on me, by delaying perception of an ongoing event, when I thought that I had been undergoing subliminal training in becoming some Nostradamus of the future.

My coming to the realization of how Déjà Vu works however didn't in any way affect the frequency with which I continue to have them though, I just simply enjoy the moments when it comes these days, sometimes letting it run its course, or attempt to thwart the flow to much the same results, disappointingly.

If peradventure I find in future that a Déjà Vu of a significant event in my life is playing out though, I will so much love to wield control over it, of course knowing full well that whatever course I career will lead to an expected end. For now, I shall be content with the trivia.

'kovich

PICTURE CREDIT
- http://n1999k..com

DÉJÀ VU | madukovich's cogitations https://madukovich./2015/04/24/deja-vu/

(1) (Reply)

Dorothy Counts- First Black Person To Attend School With Whites. / Check Out Most Popular Chow In Kenya / Olubadan Makes Yoruba Speaking Compulsory In Palace.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.