Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,185 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:15 AM

Am I A Coward? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am I A Coward? (1944 Views)

As A Family Man, Am I A Miser, Greedy Or Trying To Be Financially Smart? / Am I A Good Mum??? / I Just Saw CONDOM In My Husband's Wallet, Am I Suppose To Just Overlook It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I A Coward? by Nobody: 9:24am On Apr 24, 2015
My girlfriend and I went out one night. While leaving, some strangers, about 5 of them kept passing lewd remarks at my girlfriend. She went crazy and started yelling back at them. Being a mute spectator, I was so scared and dragged her, kinda forcibly to my car.
On our way back, she scolded me for being a pússy and not standing up for her against the bad guys. Few days later she broke up with me saying she was disappointed that I couldn't fight for her the other night.
What else could have I done differently here?
Re: Am I A Coward? by ammyluv2002(f): 9:32am On Apr 24, 2015
Yes! *no offence *
Re: Am I A Coward? by BryteStore: 9:32am On Apr 24, 2015
lol..ur right man!!

Re: Am I A Coward? by imbless: 9:35am On Apr 24, 2015
Yes, u should've killed yourself for her.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I A Coward? by dulux07(m): 9:35am On Apr 24, 2015
hmmm, u r her bf not superhero, u behaved maturely n did d right thing. Probably she wanted an xcuse to break up.

4 Likes

Re: Am I A Coward? by DahtzFestjayz: 9:46am On Apr 24, 2015
You be Boyfriend not Bobyguard nah. There is no Duplicate for life o.

2 Likes

Re: Am I A Coward? by p2t2r(m): 9:55am On Apr 24, 2015
Lol...no offence. but your girlfriend na mumu o. (ex girlfriend rather) what if those guys were with guns? You for just die like fish. And believe me, naija police will say it's cultism fight, case dismissed. And your girlfriend will bring another man to your funeral. There's a thin line between courage and stupidity.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I A Coward? by Nobody: 10:03am On Apr 24, 2015
Abeg don't mind the girl, she wants 5 guys to beat you up, abeg let her go, she must be silly

6 Likes

Re: Am I A Coward? by Aybee92(m): 10:06am On Apr 24, 2015
u did d right thing o
if u reacted you would have been posting this from d hospital o...one man against five guys ur gf wicked sha o grin

2 Likes

Re: Am I A Coward? by jamex93(m): 10:11am On Apr 24, 2015
she no well

so make u fight make dem kill u

den she go mourn u for 6months

and continue with ha life

when u don die

bros na the real thing u do so

2 Likes

Re: Am I A Coward? by skylane: 10:12am On Apr 24, 2015
There's a difference between running away from fight and avoiding fight,there's no way you can fight those guys,even my taekwando master always advice us not to engage in any how fight we know we can't win,what if dey were armed? So my guy u did d best,she doesn't deserve u

2 Likes

Re: Am I A Coward? by ifyalways(f): 12:14pm On Apr 24, 2015
Wisdom is profitable. You acted wisely.

Your GF acted like a tout and should go get herself an agbero boyfriend.

7 Likes

Re: Am I A Coward? by crackhaus: 1:37pm On Apr 24, 2015
Memekay:
My girlfriend and I went out one night. While leaving, some strangers, about 5 of them kept passing lewd remarks at my girlfriend. She went crazy and started yelling back at them. Being a mute spectator, I was so scared and dragged her, kinda forcibly to my car.
On our way back, she scolded me for being a pússy and not standing up for her against the bad guys. Few days later she broke up with me saying she was disappointed that I couldn't fight for her the other night.
What else could have I done differently here?
One question:

Do you have a small body-build?
Re: Am I A Coward? by Moana(f): 1:48pm On Apr 24, 2015
You are not a coward if she was mature she would have let the comments slide. So she wanted it to be 5 against 1?
Was she going to have your back in case a fight started?
To be honest you are better off without her. A matured lady would know that sometimes stupidity is best ignored. You did the right and smart thing by walking away.

4 Likes

Re: Am I A Coward? by Richy4(m): 2:54pm On Apr 24, 2015
Assuming you died in the process of doing the "honorable thing", will she remain unmarried for the rest?

How many years do you think she can mourn for you before she switch to the next available man?

Let her go man. She belong out there..... in the wild

2 Likes

Re: Am I A Coward? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Apr 24, 2015
crackhaus:

One question:

Do you have a small body-build?

Not really. I am average.
Re: Am I A Coward? by cooljude(m): 3:17pm On Apr 24, 2015
You did the right thing, i have seen this scenerio play out so many times. The way those boys would pass the aggression of the insult she hipped on them on you. It would be like asteriod falling on you from space. Never you fight a crowd in a party for just a girl that is not in harm way, it always end bad for the so called hero.

1 Like

Re: Am I A Coward? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Apr 24, 2015
Memekay:

if you like big like the great Khali, don't get into unnecessary fights especially for a woman that is not your wife, they might beat the hell of you or worse still stab you, the outcome is always bad..... this no be jackie chan matter, you cannot beat 5 area boys... if you die, your babe would mourn you for 2 weeks and that is all...

The only time you could have reacted was if they struck her, tell your babe to learn to shut up and pretend she didnt hear the insults, only agbero girls trade words with mad people....

like i said earlier, this no be jackie matter, life no be "hard target"

2 Likes

Re: Am I A Coward? by Roland17(m): 3:54pm On Apr 24, 2015
I am very proud of you son of man, you used your head and thought about consequences, no be only fight na "gidigbo".

Person wen find trouble make him carry the trouble for head.

Like most handles have already alluded, if they had touched her, that would most probably be a different scenario, irrespective, the wisest decision was to walk away, if you engage any of those guys In a fight, she might get raped while you were trying to be a super hero and then you might never forgive yourself.

So bro you made the best decision, if she is done, dust her feet and footprint from your life and move on.

1 Like

Re: Am I A Coward? by Larrysky(f): 4:16pm On Apr 24, 2015
I'm disappointed in you. Infact you are a coward for not breaking up with her the moment you dragged her into that car. Mehn! People around would have been looking at you somehow... As per "see the tout this guy is dating". She f* up

2 Likes

Re: Am I A Coward? by soopamom: 4:25pm On Apr 24, 2015
No, a pacifist is not a coward, neither is a smart man. you were obviously outnumbered and things could easily have deteriorated. you are probably better off without your so called girlfriend.
Re: Am I A Coward? by crackhaus: 4:58pm On Apr 24, 2015
Memekay:

Okay, just wondering why the guys didn't behave themselves even in your presence (as her boyfriend).

As far as this goes, you definitely dealt with the situation as best you could... but I must also inform you that there's a certain way a man carries/handles himself while hanging out with his girlfriend (or any other woman for that matter) that should keep other men from disrespectfully passing lewd remarks at her.

And your girlfriend should never have responded - that's her epic fail.

Lastly, stop hanging out in places where you'll likely run into guys that behave like that.

1 Like

Re: Am I A Coward? by edwife(f): 5:12pm On Apr 24, 2015
crackhaus:

Okay, just wondering why the guys didn't behave themselves even in your presence (as her boyfriend).

As far as this goes, you definitely dealt with the situation as best you could... but I must also inform you that there's a certain way a man carries/handles himself while hanging out with his girlfriend (or any other woman for that matter) that should keep other men from disrespectfully passing lewd remarks at her.

And your girlfriend should never have responded - that's her epic fail.

Lastly, stop hanging out in places where you'll likely run into guys that behave like that.

Some guys are just plain silly that's all.They were probably bored and jobeless.
Re: Am I A Coward? by crackhaus: 5:32pm On Apr 24, 2015
edwife:

Some guys are just plain silly that's all.They were probably bored and jobeless.
True that!
Which is why I avoid hanging out in certain places...and to be honest, I'm seriously racking my brain right now trying to recall if I've ever been in such a situation like the OP, which is why I couldn't relate with it at first.

The most I've experienced is having to endure strange guys staring at my date and almost undressing her with their eyes, and that to me is kinda expected/normal.
Re: Am I A Coward? by edwife(f): 5:33pm On Apr 24, 2015
crackhaus:

True that!
Which is why I avoid hanging out in certain places...and to be honest, I'm seriously racking my brain right now trying to recall if I've ever been in such a situation like the OP, which is why I couldn't relate with it at first.

The most I've experienced is having to endure strange guys staring at my date and almost undressing her with their eyes, which to me is kinda expected.

This is very frequent,especially when your date is hot wink
Re: Am I A Coward? by kaboninc(m): 5:44pm On Apr 24, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Yes! *no offence *

Re: Am I A Coward? by crackhaus: 5:47pm On Apr 24, 2015
edwife:

This is very frequent,especially when your date is hot wink
My naija brothers will ogle anything oo, she just has to look okay and the eyes will be wandering.
Re: Am I A Coward? by edwife(f): 5:54pm On Apr 24, 2015
crackhaus:

My naija brothers will ogle anything oo, she just has to look okay and the eyes will be wandering.

Lol cheesy
Re: Am I A Coward? by dBard: 6:06pm On Apr 24, 2015
Aybee92:
u did d right thing o
if u reacted you would have been posting this from d hospital o...one man against five guys ur gf wicked sha o grin
Re: Am I A Coward? by dBard: 6:06pm On Apr 24, 2015
Aybee92:
u did d right thing o

@ o.p, are you sure she no carry you for mind
See opportunity to treat your Bleep ups..#missed

just in case, I got Jet Li's no. on speed dial, I think his younger bro's still single f ur ex
Re: Am I A Coward? by dBard: 6:18pm On Apr 24, 2015
crackhaus:

True that!

The most I've experienced is having to endure strange guys staring at my date and almost undressing her with their eyes, and that to me is kinda expected/normal.

Dude, it happens Everywhere..
2-3yrs back, was with my wife (g.f then) @ d basement garage@silver bird and a well dressed guy there was staring@her and later started making gestures@ her when I wasn't looking.
When she told me, I got really mad, but was it worth a confrontation? No... I was with the cute girl , he was going home to his Vaseline.
Re: Am I A Coward? by Ewuro4: 6:25pm On Apr 24, 2015
So she rather see you join in Agbero act? You acted like a gentleman, infact you did well. She wanted to leave your azz before.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Mother In-law Forced Me To Cheat / okay / Beautiful Pre-wedding Photos Of A Lady With Her Albino Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.