Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,979 members, 7,806,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:40 AM

Response To The SS/SE Elders Communiqué (an Opinion) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Response To The SS/SE Elders Communiqué (an Opinion) (2722 Views)

Will The SS/SE Vote Osinbanjo In 2019 Or Repay Yoruba Treachery? / Buhari Appoints Technocrats From The SS,SE And Politicians From SW / Can The SW Ascend The Presidency Without The SS/SE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Response To The SS/SE Elders Communiqué (an Opinion) by cktheluckyman: 1:21pm On Apr 24, 2015
WisdomFlakes:

That is a lie straight from the pits of hell. There are honorable men from the north, just as there are everywhere else in Nigeria, and vice-versa. But I doubt some igbos like yourself would ever see that due to your instinctive hatred and distrust for northerners.

bros almajiris do the voting and not 'honourable' men from the north.Continue to rant while reality stares at you in the face.There is no way a southerner would ever emerge as a democratically elected president when contesting against a northerner without every all the southern regions coming together.

2 Likes

Re: Response To The SS/SE Elders Communiqué (an Opinion) by WisdomFlakes: 1:32pm On Apr 24, 2015
cktheluckyman:

even while I think the elections was rigged,OBJ would have won in the entire south.He enjoyed total souther solidarity.the sw did not offer the same support to GEJ in 2015 and I don't see the SE/SS rewarding them with presidency.Whether PDP dies or not is immaterial where is APP,ANPP,CPC,AD,AC,ACN, ETC? My main point is on regions and not on parties.BTW do you really think the average northerner wil vote for osinbanjo against a Sule Lamido or Adamu Muazu jus because Osinbanjo is APC? Is that what you really think? Lets even assume PDP dies let you said,what stops the northerners from forming another party to ensure one of their own succeeds Buhari whether in 2019 or 2023

Bro, your problem is that you assume way too much. Why do you hate and distrust the Northerners so much? ? Would GEJ have remained in power for the 6 yrs he did without their support? Wasn't his administration littered with Northerners? You need to get over your paranoia, for real. They are just as driven by self-interest -- as a political bloc -- as the average southerner.

Talking about SW betrayal, I laugh. Was it not OBJ, a SWner who imposed GEJ on Nigeria? Did the SW not vote overwhelmingly for GEJ during his first term? Didn't the SW complain about marginalization by the GEJ administration in strategic political appointments -- a fact that GEJ himself acknowledged when he famously declared that the Igbos are the pillars of his admin, in effect admitting to favoring them above every other ethnic group in strategic appointments in his admin. Aren't SWners justified then for also feeling betrayed? They spoke with their votes based on their interests as a people, as did the igbos when they also voted to retain their strategic position in GE's admin. so please enough of that rubbish talk about southern betrayal coz it's bull crap.

4 Likes

Re: Response To The SS/SE Elders Communiqué (an Opinion) by WisdomFlakes: 1:33pm On Apr 24, 2015
cktheluckyman:

bros almajiris do the voting and not 'honourable' men from the north.Continue to rant while reality stares at you in the face.There is no way a southerner would ever emerge as a democratically elected president when contesting against a northerner without every all the southern regions coming together.

You are obviously one hopeless somebody who is chronically blinded by hatred and bigotry so I will henceforth desist from engaging you.

2 Likes

Re: Response To The SS/SE Elders Communiqué (an Opinion) by Duru1(m): 1:37pm On Apr 24, 2015
Holadpearl:
when it comes to contesting for elections in Lagos,or claiming land rights,or shop allocations in Abuja, Kano or so to say our south eastern and south southern brothers understood one Nigeria. but with any disadvantage position, instead of looking for a way to maximize patronage and gain from the status quo,they cry disintegration,lets split. They don't have the patience and tenacity to hang around the corridors of power while devising means to one day, gain it. This reminds me of the Jews and blacks in diaspora(story for other time) must I remind them that the SS presidency just concluded is not as a result of quality of their politics but Providence and a certain southwesterner, if they continue like this ,I don't see them ruling this country again(my opinion though) .The southwest is always at the corridor of power,claiming it when the opportunity arise and remaining calm if in opposition, believing it will come again,the SW cry for been marginalized is a cry for inclusion not disintegration, hope our Northern,SS and SE brothers learn from this, instead of the cry for war from both sides of the divide. oppovo noppoda.

The bolded in above crap is one reason among many reasons Nigeria seems to produce ill-educated adults and had been labeled a toast of illogicality. What election contest in Lagos, claim of land rights or shop allocations in Abuja and Kano are the writer on about? And how do these silly scenarios compliment the so-called disadvantage position the writer seemed to address? I had liked the writer if he or she could indulge in more elaboration than he or she has done in the above sketch.

Let me remind the writer that South-east has always and will continue to ask for level playing field in Nigeria. I do know Nigerians have no use for historical facts. If they did, the utterances of Buhari, few northern region elders and Oba of Lagos would have reminded them the reason Nigeria was visited with a civil war.
Re: Response To The SS/SE Elders Communiqué (an Opinion) by Jesusloveyou: 4:09pm On Apr 24, 2015
barcanista:
The demand of the SS is not to occupy the office of the President. Resource Control and True Federalism are top of our demands. We also demand political equity and system restructuring. These demands are fundamental to any political position.
u are right on this,i never like gej to be president,my demand til tomoro is resource control or true federalism,i only hope for gej to have fulfil it in 2010,he fail south south on this,because of his personal interest to be a president for 10yrs,now u can stop complaining of other region conspiracy against ijaw presidency.d president can come from anywhere,but give us true federal system.

2 Likes

Re: Response To The SS/SE Elders Communiqué (an Opinion) by madamoringo(f): 8:58pm On Apr 24, 2015
barcanista:
The demand of the SS is not to occupy the office of the President. Resource Control and True Federalism are top of our demands. We also demand political equity and system restructuring. These demands are fundamental to any political position.

Funny your retardeenic president Jonadafteen refused to do either or any such thing for 6 years! Cry me a river, you will get served big time!

Losers! grin grin grin Let us see how you will survive your NL posting for 16 years in opposition and paid-per-post NL career!

3 Likes

Re: Response To The SS/SE Elders Communiqué (an Opinion) by madamoringo(f): 9:01pm On Apr 24, 2015
Duru1:

The bolded in above crap is one reason among many reasons Nigeria seems to produce ill-educated adults and had been labeled a toast of illogicality. What election contest in Lagos, claim of land rights or shop allocations in Abuja and Kano are the writer on about? And how do these silly scenarios compliment the so-called disadvantage position the writer seemed to address? I had liked the writer if he or she could indulge in more elaboration than he or she has done in the above sketch.

Let me remind the writer that South-east has always and will continue to ask for level playing field in Nigeria. I do know Nigerians have no use for historical facts. If they did, the utterances of Buhari, few northern region elders and Oba of Lagos would have reminded them the reason Nigeria was visited with a civil war.

Dede1 => Still a dum.b bigot! It's been 6+ years and the disintegration of the cesspit you were crying still remains strong and getting better! I bet you will disintegrate in the presence of this same Nigeria but it will reject the burial of your bigoted soul and body in its bowels! Let you people go and bury you in the Indian Ocean, not even in the Atlantic that is close to us! Odechkukwu dende1!! grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Response To The SS/SE Elders Communiqué (an Opinion) by PedroJP(m): 10:16pm On Apr 24, 2015
Seems if there is no divide in this nation, all means are comfortable for Hausas to rule for ages. Power can't go back to Yoruba again as i see it unless a Northerner is not interested in the seat be it a shoe mender.

Op, are u benefitting anything from this evil wedlock that u don't want it divided. Problems full ground wey solution can only come in division. Let's try division, united we stand has not worked since 1960 and i doubt it will ever work.
Re: Response To The SS/SE Elders Communiqué (an Opinion) by oladele97: 10:17pm On Apr 24, 2015
barcanista:

What resource control did u want again? Did u know how much rivers, akwa ibom and delta are collecting has allocation? and am quite the money generated in one local government in lagos state is morethan what is being realise from oil well in rivers
Re: Response To The SS/SE Elders Communiqué (an Opinion) by Ojiofor: 11:27pm On Apr 24, 2015
Holadpearl:

not only that,the south western movement led by prominent Westerners after Yar adua's death ,more or less deliver the presidency in their arms
So the Ijaw nation and GEJ owns yoruba and obj gratitude and ever lasting appreciation for making GEJ president. Na wao.
Obj himself became president because some people made it possible.His own case is worst considering the fact that he was rescued from death row and was a broke ass,he was cleaned up and sent to Aso Rock to his own amazement yet those who made him president are not making noise about.
Tomorrow you add Buhari to your list of those you made president
Re: Response To The SS/SE Elders Communiqué (an Opinion) by ObaOMENT: 11:58pm On Apr 24, 2015
WisdomFlakes:

You are obviously one hopeless somebody who is chronically blinded by hatred and bigotry so I will henceforth desist from engaging you.
trait of yo-robber coward.
you're shying away from an argument because he sampled the real fact to you and not the assumption you mud house dwellers normally churn out.
WisdomFlakes:

This last election has more than ever demonstrated how irrelevant your bloc votes are as a region. Buhari didn't and doesn't need you to win re-election, and neither will Osinbajo should he choose to run after Buhari's tenure ends.
Amala anti ewedu munching fool.
The block vote from south-waste is the most useless because only votes from Anambra state alone would have neutralized whatever vote you smelling vermins gave to buhari.
Re: Response To The SS/SE Elders Communiqué (an Opinion) by Vicotex(m): 12:12am On Apr 25, 2015
WisdomFlakes:

Yeah bro, they are so weak that they occupy the VP position. You SE folks are just so stup.id it's unbelievable. Your folks have been rendered politically irrelevant for at least the next four years yet you put a spin on it and still talk shyt. This last election has more than ever demonstrated how irrelevant your bloc votes are as a region. Buhari didn't and doesn't need you to win re-election, and neither will Osinbajo should he choose to run after Buhari's tenure ends.

Ask Dele Momodu how many votes he got in 2011 election.

In fact he voted with his wife at the same polling unit but when the votes were counted, he had only 1 vote meaning either his wife didn't vote for him or he didn't vote for himself.
Re: Response To The SS/SE Elders Communiqué (an Opinion) by Holadpearl(m): 6:31pm On Apr 25, 2015
Duru1:

well my Frd,as much as I'll long to take u on,on what I'll term intellectual exercise,I will not. I stated an opinion which could be wrong,of cos not all opinions are right,and I put it clearly dat i stand to be corrected. But to call the opinion of others a crap,or as a result of ill educated adult,well, that ,my frd, do not deserve any intellectual dialogue.
Lol but I'll Jega you! you are an intellectual in your own right o,if am ur co debater on national TV,u ll give same response ba,(on a lighter mood)
Re: Response To The SS/SE Elders Communiqué (an Opinion) by handsometokunbo: 7:50pm On Apr 25, 2015
cktheluckyman:

Bros the future is more than just 4 years or eight years!!! you have succeeded destroying the fragile southern unity we achieved over the past decade. The way it is the northerners will rule us for the next 50 years!!

When the time comes we shall see how Osinbanjo would be able to win election against a northern candidate without help from the SS/SE.It is not all about ranting on the internet.

You are right; none of the regions in the south would be able to produce a president as things stand now unless one of the regions form alliance with Northerners. And history has proven that over the years.

1st republic - Igbo + Hausas/Fulanis

2nd - Hausas/Fulanis + Igbos

3rd - Yorubas + Hausas/Fulanis

4th - Hausas/Fulanis + South South

5th - South/South + Hausas/Fulanis

6th - (incoming government) - Hausas/Fulanis + Yorubas

Below is the formula for presidency attainment:

Yorubas + Igbos votes + South South votes= president

Yorubas + Northerners= presidency

Igbos + Northerners = presidency

1 Like

Re: Response To The SS/SE Elders Communiqué (an Opinion) by nakamora: 8:48pm On Apr 25, 2015
handsometokunbo:

You are right; none of the regions in the south would be able to produce a president as things stand now unless one of the regions form alliance with Northerners. And history has proven that over the years.

1st republic - Igbo + Hausas/Fulanis

2nd - Hausas/Fulanis + Igbos

3rd - Yorubas + Hausas/Fulanis

4th - Hausas/Fulanis + South South

5th - South/South + Hausas/Fulanis

6th - (incoming government) - Hausas/Fulanis + Yorubas

Below is the formula for presidency attainment:

Yorubas + Igbos votes + South South votes= president

Yorubas + Northerners= presidency

Igbos + Northerners = presidency

Igbos are traitors, they only cry of Biafra when the game is not in their favour. The west is only playing the IBO game,so while the crocodile tears.
Descendants of Judas crying as usual, this regime is not for the ibos.

Nobody can trust ibos with Nigeria President, never will this great nation be ruled by an OSU.
Re: Response To The SS/SE Elders Communiqué (an Opinion) by handsometokunbo: 9:12pm On Apr 25, 2015
nakamora:

Igbos are traitors, they only cry of Biafra when the game is not in their favour. The west is only playing the IBO game,so while the crocodile tears.
Descendants of Judas crying as usual, this regime is not for the ibos.

Nobody can trust ibos with Nigeria President, never will this great nation be ruled by an OSU.

You are right

I have asked myself on several occasions if Igbos have ever read Nigeria history

Or intentionally decided not to read Nigeria history cos the history does not paint them good.

The man who facilitated the involvement of France and Portugal at the side of Biafra(forgotten his name) wrote a book and I am wondering why Igbo youth choose to ignore this well detailed book. Is it cos the whole history does not paint things the way Igbos wanted.....

But why do Igbos choose to read and accept the books only written by Igbos in respect of the civil war?

How on earth do you expect the likes of Chinua Achebe to write a book about Biafra war without a profound sentiment?

How come Igbos choose to ignore the fact that thousands of Nigerians were killed by Biafra soldiers during the civil war?

How come Igbos choose to ignore the truth behind the first coup which was purely Igbo coup?

Let's try the same thing with Igbos and see what their reaction might likely be. Let's assume a group of Yorubas' soldiers stage a coup(Bukola from Kogi and Kunle Ahmed from Kwara state were involved in the coup) and spare the lives of people like Fashola, Tinubu, Aregbesola but went to the East and killed the likes Obiano, Peter Obi, Ngige and Okorocha, pls and pls, what would Igbos do? I presumed that the Igbos would Just overlook it and claim the Yoruba soldiers are only fighting corruption and the Yorubas from Kwara and Kogi state with distinct Yoruba names are not Yorubas but North Central

However, with all these atrocities-killing of Nigerians during civil war and others, Igbos were fully accepted and integrated into our society; back as Nigerians. South West in particular opened their arms and welcomed Igbos back with all their abandoned properties, accumulated house rents taken on their behalf and jobs returned to them.

Check this out, on the night of Igbo coup, Yoruba leaders-Akintola was brutally killed in the presence of his wives and one of d finest Yoruba military officer in person of Ademuyegun(if that is well spelt out) was brutally killed in the presence of his 8 months pregnant wife and these Ibo soldiers still went ahead and killed the innocent 8 months pregnant lady. As if that was not enough, the Igbo civilians who were expected to condemn this barbaric act danced to street in the North and celebrate the death of these Northern prominent leaders. They jubilate and celebrate the brutal killing of all these leaders. But few months later, Hausas/Fulani staged their own coup and killed about 300 Igbo military officers in a night and ordinary Northern civilians went on killing spree so as to avenge the death of their leaders but the interesting thing about all this is that Yorubas didn't touch a single Igbo man in the West. It's on record, no single Igbo was killed in the west.

Gowon did everything during his reign as president to ensure that Igbos are fine

Immediately after the civil war, he declared that there was "no Victor And no vanquished" which got some top military officers upset.

And finally, 9yrs after the Civil war, Igbo was able to produce Vice president who was Alex Ekwueme. Pls tell.........

Let me stop here

(1) (2) (Reply)

WAR: From Superpower To Whimps. Cameroon Invades Nigeria AGAIN Kills 70. / Political Platform On Ait Ray Power Fm / What The Hypocrite Tinubu Bought And Paid For E-touts Refuse To Note

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.