Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,855 members, 7,802,739 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:28 PM

Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) (48544 Views)

Man Slaps Wife Of Police Officer While Jogging. See What Happened Next / Man Murdered In Front Of His Family In Rivers State (Graphic Pictures) / Man Murdered After Coming Out From Hilton Hotel Abuja(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by lalasticlala(m): 11:46am On Apr 24, 2015
Detectives at the State Department of Criminal Investigation, Lagos State, are on the trail of killers of a jogger who was murdered in the Morogbo, Badagry area of Lagos State.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the yet-to-be-identified victim was stabbed in the stomach and jaw.

His corpse was said to have been abandoned in a bush near Igborosun village.

Our correspondent learnt that a 50-year-old pastor, Stephen Hensu, alerted policemen from the Morogbo division to the incident.

Hensu heads the Celestial Church of Christ, Okiki Imole branch, Badagry.

The cleric, in his statement to the police, said he was at a church meeting when his wife called him on the telephone and told him that a corpse had been dumped in their area.

He said, “On the day of the incident, February 26, 2015 around 9am, I left my church for a meeting of the shepherds at Araromi.

“While I was there, I received a phone call from my wife informing me that some people coming from Igborosun village saw a corpse in a bush in our area.”

He said around 11am, he left the meeting for the police station to inform the police.

Hensu, a Badagry, Lagos State indigene, said he did not know how the victim was killed, adding that the corpse was not there when he passed the area in the morning.

It was learnt that the police spoke with people living around the area in a bid to find the relatives of the victim.

Their efforts were said to be abortive.

A police source told our correspondent that initial investigation suggested that the deceased was killed by people known to him.

The source said, “Looking at the corpse shows that the man was a sportsman and he was out jogging that morning when he was attacked and killed.

“He was killed and his corpse dumped in the bush.

“He had deep cuts in his jaw and stomach. Nobody knows his name and none of his family members has come forward to identify him, which will help us in investigations.”

It was learnt that the remains of the victim had been deposited in a mortuary in Badagry.

The Police Public Relations Officer, Kenneth Nwosu, had yet to reply to a text message sent to him as of press time.

http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/police-hunt-killers-of-jogger-in-lagos/#disqus_thread

Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by Twaci(f): 11:48am On Apr 24, 2015
embarassed

Las, I was in the middle of my brunch...you just ruined it angry

*pushes aside ma soaked garri and groundnuts*

On a more serious note, its sad to see what the world is turning to these days. We all need to be careful - very very careful- about where we go and who we converse with. No one can tell the true intentions of another.

RIP to the dead soul.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by TRADELYN: 11:49am On Apr 24, 2015
"The wicked shall not go unpunished." so says the Holy Bible.

~RIP, Sir!

15 Likes

Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by Nobody: 11:50am On Apr 24, 2015
lalasticlala:

“While I was there, I received a phone call from my wife informing me that some people coming from Igborosun village saw a corpse in a bush in our area.”

http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/police-hunt-killers-of-jogger-in-lagos/#disqus_thread
Why do i have this feeling that some people in the area where the woman called from were the ones that murdered this man??...if na FBI dey do investigation even the cleric wife will be called for questioning and they will use her as one of the tools to get the culprit.....that is called "intelligence gathering"

2 Likes

Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by nerodenero: 11:51am On Apr 24, 2015
Ti iku ile o ba pani, to'de o le pani.

May God protect us from people planning evil against us without our knowledge.

6 Likes

Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by siegfried99(m): 11:51am On Apr 24, 2015
Hmmm lipsrsealed
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by Nobody: 11:56am On Apr 24, 2015
chai so na barca dey play bayern 4 semi finals of champions league? chai c match!!!
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by Nobody: 11:56am On Apr 24, 2015
sweetorgasm:
chai so na barca dey play bayern 4 semi finals of champions league? chai c match!!!
Grow up!!!!!

BlackBaron:
Easiest way to make frontpage is to post a graphic picture and it'll surely be there in less than '60 seconds'.

From posting mangled corpses of a horrible motor accident, blown out heads, crushed torsos, et al. lipsrsealed
If lalasticlala posted the news without posting the pictures some people on nairaland will not believe the news and they will want to see evidence to show that the news is true,don't blame the OP!!!
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by frankzone: 11:56am On Apr 24, 2015
This is so sad!
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by BlackBaron: 11:57am On Apr 24, 2015
Easiest way to make frontpage is to post a graphic picture and it'll surely be there in less than '60 seconds'.

Please I pray to ask, why do you delight in pictures of gore?

From posting mangled corpses of a horrible motor accident, blown out heads, crushed torsos, et al. lipsrsealed

5 Likes

Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by MKO4ever(m): 11:57am On Apr 24, 2015
heyah
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by sKeetz(m): 11:58am On Apr 24, 2015
M

10 Likes

Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by onyi4edu(f): 11:58am On Apr 24, 2015
cry jogged to his grave
RIP
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by kingslly(m): 11:58am On Apr 24, 2015
R.I.P to the sports loving Man.
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by Leojamesjames(m): 11:59am On Apr 24, 2015
This is wickedness of the highest order, the police should find the killer of this man.. Rip man
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by okooloyun1(m): 12:00pm On Apr 24, 2015
what a wicked world!
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by bigwig10(m): 12:00pm On Apr 24, 2015
No hidden place for the evil doer
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by emmabest2000(m): 12:00pm On Apr 24, 2015
CHANGE ....

Rip ...

1 Like

Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by Nobody: 12:01pm On Apr 24, 2015
This government sef...so much insecurity shocked
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by Babaneh(m): 12:01pm On Apr 24, 2015
God save us from those that kept trailing us but we know not.. Amin oooooo
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by Gbengard(m): 12:01pm On Apr 24, 2015
This is saddening! The soul(s) that involved in this deadly act; throughout their life they will see the wrath of God!

RIP TO THE DEAD

1 Like

Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by free2ryhme: 12:02pm On Apr 24, 2015
undecided undecided

Punch has once again shown they are so low on journalistic quality. Common sense without having attended NIJ dictates that you don't reveal the identity of persons that give police information especially when the criminals are still on the loose! You give the name of the person and also his full address! What nonsense! I wonder what the editors in Punch are doing: Disgracing their profession and walking to the bank with smiles to collect their pay checks for jobs not well done. Shame over again

7 Likes

Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by iyatrustee(f): 12:02pm On Apr 24, 2015
Another unsolved murder in the making

Our security officials need to up their investigation skills
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by runobest: 12:02pm On Apr 24, 2015
[/size][/color] So sad, So bad. May His soul RIP[color=#990000][size=8pt]
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by ifyalways(f): 12:03pm On Apr 24, 2015
na wao.

The dangers of jogging,walking alone in Nigeria. Always have a back-up , watch your back and most imporatantly, keep your hands clean.

The days are evil.
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by Nobody: 12:03pm On Apr 24, 2015
shocked Nigeria! Where life is as cheap as Tom Tom.

Meanwhile checkout current Post graduate admissions in Nigeria.
https://www.nairaland.com/2272847/current-post-graduate-admissions-nigeria-2015
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by loomer: 12:04pm On Apr 24, 2015
Killings everywhere
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by Nobody: 12:04pm On Apr 24, 2015
undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2-Year-Old Strangled To Death By Housemaid For Refusing To Wear Her Clothes / Man Kills His 4 Children And Housemaid In Onitsha (Graphic Photos) / Robbers Caught In Ikorodu Area Of Lagos. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.