Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,521 members, 7,808,901 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:59 PM

Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) (48550 Views)

Man Slaps Wife Of Police Officer While Jogging. See What Happened Next / Man Murdered In Front Of His Family In Rivers State (Graphic Pictures) / Man Murdered After Coming Out From Hilton Hotel Abuja(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by MrCork: 12:04pm On Apr 24, 2015
....THIS IS WHY WE LONDONERS CANNOT COME TO THAT F***ED UP NIGERIA...SERRRIOUSLY...CANT EVEN GO FOR A WALK OR JOGGGIN

...DYAMMM, WE HATE THAT PLACE!!! (NO OOFEINSE)
angry

1 Like

Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by Nobody: 12:04pm On Apr 24, 2015
wakacome:
Grow up!!!!!
guy how u c check d match na?
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by MadCow1: 12:05pm On Apr 24, 2015
Most likely a Robbery gone wrong..

What were they expecting to find on a Jogger apart from a phone?
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by VickyRotex(f): 12:06pm On Apr 24, 2015
It happened February. By now I guess he's been buried.

Smh... Ikudoro undecided
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by MadCow1: 12:07pm On Apr 24, 2015
MrCork:
....THIS IS WHY WE LONDONERS CANNOT COME TO THAT F***ED UP NIGERIA...SERRRIOUSLY...CANT EVEN GO FOR A WALK OR JOGGGIN

...DYAMMM, WE HATE THAT PLACE!!! (NO OOFEINSE)
angry

London?

Nigger puleeeze.. You could get shanked (stabbed) in London as a dare.. grin

That is why the big boys like us don't go to London, but rather Switzerland..

1 Like

Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by Nobody: 12:08pm On Apr 24, 2015
so sad...
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by Nobody: 12:08pm On Apr 24, 2015
lalasticlala:
Detectives at the State Department of Criminal Investigation, Lagos State, are on the trail of killers of a jogger who was murdered in the Morogbo, Badagry area of Lagos State.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the yet-to-be-identified victim was stabbed in the stomach and jaw.

His corpse was said to have been abandoned in a bush near Igborosun village.

Our correspondent learnt that a 50-year-old pastor, Stephen Hensu, alerted policemen from the Morogbo division to the incident.

Hensu heads the Celestial Church of Christ, Okiki Imole branch, Badagry.

The cleric, in his statement to the police, said he was at a church meeting when his wife called him on the telephone and told him that a corpse had been dumped in their area.

He said, “On the day of the incident, February 26, 2015 around 9am, I left my church for a meeting of the shepherds at Araromi.

“While I was there, I received a phone call from my wife informing me that some people coming from Igborosun village saw a corpse in a bush in our area.”

He said around 11am, he left the meeting for the police station to inform the police.

Hensu, a Badagry, Lagos State indigene, said he did not know how the victim was killed, adding that the corpse was not there when he passed the area in the morning.

It was learnt that the police spoke with people living around the area in a bid to find the relatives of the victim.

Their efforts were said to be abortive.

A police source told our correspondent that initial investigation suggested that the deceased was killed by people known to him.

The source said, “Looking at the corpse shows that the man was a sportsman and he was out jogging that morning when he was attacked and killed.

“He was killed and his corpse dumped in the bush.

“He had deep cuts in his jaw and stomach. Nobody knows his name and none of his family members has come forward to identify him, which will help us in investigations.”

It was learnt that the remains of the victim had been deposited in a mortuary in Badagry.

The Police Public Relations Officer, Kenneth Nwosu, had yet to reply to a text message sent to him as of press time.

http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/police-hunt-killers-of-jogger-in-lagos/#disqus_thread

All u lekki... Ajah... VI.... Remember u leaving in Nigeria not uk or usa...we no get security for this country....buy a threadmill in ur house and jogg....beta still jogg in ur estate.... Lagos is not safe for such.
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by fergieboy: 12:08pm On Apr 24, 2015
rip

Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by MrCork: 12:09pm On Apr 24, 2015
MadCow1:

London?

Nigger puleeeze.. You could get shanked (stabbed) in London as a dare.. grin

That is why the big boys like us don't go to London, but rather Switzerland..

....bro u cant compare my London to yor Swaziland...wher u hav ZUlu people chasin u people up & down with BOW and arrow....U home base people are all the same, mennnnnn! (no oofeinse) angry
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by chingydaboss(m): 12:10pm On Apr 24, 2015
Sad bt true..

Sup.. Gues it wudn't b a crime been a fwend
onyi4edu:
cry jogged to his grave
RIP
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by MadCow1: 12:11pm On Apr 24, 2015
MrCork:

....bro u cant compare my London to yor Swaziland...wher u hav ZUlu people chasin u people up & down with BOW and arrow....U home base people are all the same! (no oofeinse) angry

I ain't offended..

How can I be, you think Switzerland is Swaziland.. grin

All these Londoners, that's why we don't allow you guys in Swiss Country.
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by TI1919(m): 12:11pm On Apr 24, 2015
RIP
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by charger09(m): 12:12pm On Apr 24, 2015
man so unkind to mankind..smh
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:12pm On Apr 24, 2015
TRADELYN:

"The wicked shall not go unpunished." so says the Holy Bible.

~RIP, Sir!

Well, if the bible will take care of it, I have nothing more to contribute.

1 Like

Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by james809: 12:14pm On Apr 24, 2015
naija which way.
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by baybeeboi: 12:15pm On Apr 24, 2015
Nigerians do that
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by Nobody: 12:17pm On Apr 24, 2015
amen

nerodenero:
Ti iku ile o ba pani, to'de o le pani.

May God protect us from people planning evil against us without our knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by Nobody: 12:19pm On Apr 24, 2015
nigeria isn't safe sha. all these deaths. it's either u get hit by a truck, u die in a fire, some cultists or other pple will kuku come and kill u themselves
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by ghostmist: 12:21pm On Apr 24, 2015
wakacome:
Why do i have this feeling that some people in the area where the woman called from were the ones that murdered this man??...if na FBI dey do investigation even the cleric wife will be called for questioning and they will use her as one of the tools to get the culprit.....that is called "intelligence gathering"
good day sir!has it occurred to you that this statement of yours is the exact reason why Nigerians hesitate to report crimes or their perpetrators?please,stop witchhunting innocent citizens going about their daily affairs.the police force should stop harassing and intimidating people simply because they were unfortunate to witness a crime or report same.if this is done,am very certain we would have more people come forward to report crimes or give the police leads that would help them solve these crimes.failing to do this,everybody locks up.no information.no clues.no leads...no nothing.the case comes to a dead end.besides,who wants to be arrested because his only crime was reporting a crime?pls,lets encourage people to come forward.
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by ksmartdope(m): 12:22pm On Apr 24, 2015
may his soul rest in peace. meehnn how will someone be jugging in Lagos early momo..that city that nva sleeps
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by mattkelly: 12:23pm On Apr 24, 2015
wakacome:
Why do i have this feeling that some people in the area where the woman called from were the ones that murdered this man??...if na FBI dey do investigation even the cleric wife will be called for questioning and they will use her as one of the tools to get the culprit.....that is called "intelligence gathering"

What are you trying to say?Okay the Woman might know about it abi?If you where the one,would you kill someone and call someone that would call the Police to come abi? intelligence gathering indeed..
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by dre11(m): 12:23pm On Apr 24, 2015
A police source told our correspondent that initial investigation suggested that the deceased was killed by people known to him.

Seems me and the police are having the same thought on this one.....

Its a pre programmed killing
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by Nobody: 12:24pm On Apr 24, 2015
sKeetz:
M

This goat you have been posting all over NL, is it your cousin bro?
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by Peejayybold(f): 12:25pm On Apr 24, 2015
RIP
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by bewla(m): 12:26pm On Apr 24, 2015
this human for God sake
rip
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by iphanyiuma(m): 12:26pm On Apr 24, 2015
She af dead
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by Nobody: 12:26pm On Apr 24, 2015
We have to be careful when jogging especially eraly morning jogging. I usually apply these safety measures

1. I wear reflective coating and shoes.
2. Jog on lighted streets
3. Dint cover your ears with headphones, as it keeps you from knowing whats happening.
4. Let people knw where u intend to go (trusted people)
5. Carry a phone, whistle.
6. Be wary of vehicles pulling close to you pretending to as for something.
7. Dont jog in areas with high police presence as they can accidentally delete you.
8. Carry someone along dont jog alone, have a group .
9. Do jogging in areas that have a culture of jogging.
10. Wear a personal tracker ( wrist worn of imbedded locator chips)

Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by biggz82: 12:26pm On Apr 24, 2015
How do we identify d victim wen his face is covered
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by guttentag(m): 12:27pm On Apr 24, 2015
May God have Mercy in this World we are living and Bless the Dead
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by madjune(m): 12:32pm On Apr 24, 2015
BlackBaron:
Easiest way to make frontpage is to post a graphic picture and it'll surely be there in less than '60 seconds'.

Please I pray to ask, why do you delight in pictures of gore?

From posting mangled corpses of a horrible motor accident, blown out heads, crushed torsos, et al. lipsrsealed

My brother, I've pondered over this too and it beats me why Nigerians love to see blood amd dead bodies.

But I think I can hazard a guess- those of us living believe we will never die and tend to see the dead as less fortunate.

So, we mostly try to see reasons to thank God say, " e no be me wey dem cut head o."

" E no be me dem comot him blood o."

Na the other people. Na dem dem.

Chai, God forbid. Dem no see me o.
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by breakeven: 12:50pm On Apr 24, 2015
wakacome:
Olodo that is unintelligent thinking
Re: Man Murdered While Jogging In Lagos (photo) by Nobody: 12:51pm On Apr 24, 2015
This is a serious issue, it concerns all pedestrians on the Nigerian roads, not just joggers. embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kidnappers Caught In Akwa Ibom, Beaten And Stripped Unclad By Vigilante (Photos) / Kenyan Man Kills His Wife's Lover After Catching Them In Bed In His House / 2 Dead As Police And Robbers Exchange Gunfire In Anambra (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.