Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,359 members, 7,808,246 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:21 AM

My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria (21659 Views)

Please Stop Doing These 9 Things When Applying For Jobs Online / How To Get Recruiters’ Attention When Applying For Jobs By E-mail - Vineck.com / Discover 5 Tips For Selling Yourself When Applying For Jobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by Closetoheart: 10:08pm On Apr 24, 2015
CHM11:

Please if you know you have nothing for the OP do not waste his time any further.

I am sure the OP must have seen a billion send me your CV persons. Those people are even worse than the unemployment itself.
They know they have nothing to offer so they raise your hopes high, waste your time and when you start calling them to follow up with the submitted CV, you begin to look like a pest.

I am sorry

1 Like

Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by semochendo1(m): 10:08pm On Apr 24, 2015
pastorsmiling:
Today i hit 1100 applications for job in Nigeria. What is the wayforward?

This means i have applying for jobs everyday for the past three years
: mathematically,
365 × 3 = 1095

Where do i get it wrong ?

I have a second class upper, i always edit my cv to suit position i'm applying for, i am always online

I have prayed & fasted for 50days this year alone.

I always asked for help from well connected friends.

I follow up all my application sometimes i even cal HR of the company i'm to applying to.

I am an active member of nairaland and i also help my friends in terms of jobs and in the long run they will get job.

I am a staunch christian who has complete trust in God.

I have been to different deliverance programme. what is my problem?

Could it be that my time as not come?

I am simply tired and optimistic.

I take refuge in GOD i leave everything to you and to you alone be all the glory.

Let your will be done in my life

Let me bring my testimony to your children here in nairaland

Let me break this jinx of stagnation and barrier oh Lord

Let people celebrate with me

I BELIEVE WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

I ALWAYS CRY IN MY CLOSET BUT I WONT STOP THE JOB HUNT

ANOTHER CYCLE IS ABOUT TO BEGIN

PLEASE ADVICE!!!!

I will advise you to go to ROYALTY CHRISTIAN CENTER, that's the church that will hold you by the hand and train you the best approach to be a successful person. I bet if you can follow every basic principle preached there, in a matter of weeks, you will give. Testimony.

However,your English too is somehow.. Improve on your grammatical construction.

All the best bro.
Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by pastorsmiling(m): 10:12pm On Apr 24, 2015
THANKS
Rolly83:
You all should stop criticizing the op and assist him if you have any leads...What he is trying to say is that he needs a job badly.If only I was in Nigeria I would have done something to assist him,he sounds sincere to me.
Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by pastorsmiling(m): 10:18pm On Apr 24, 2015
[Thanks so much i really appreciate u GOD BLESS YOUquote author=Gbengard post=33074322]OP The Lord will raise you up helper of destiny! No matter how bad the economy of our nation is you will succeed as from today on. The rest of your life will be the best as from today.... From this hour you found yourself in favor market and not labour market! From now on grace, mercy and favour will speak for IJN because that's what you need sir.
Meanwhile my dear OP check your CV over and over again if someone haven't edit one of your hobbies to "masturbating".....

Remain Bless till God is done with you[/quote]
Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by Jaypower2(m): 10:19pm On Apr 24, 2015
@op you can partner with us at webguru link services and make massive wealth both online and offline. Check out my signature.
Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by pastorsmiling(m): 10:19pm On Apr 24, 2015
THANKS
uboneak:
I think that is the difference in our societies. Here in UK, Even with a 3rd class (due to my last minute poor gambling on exams questions), I got a job in a multinational pharmaceutical just 4months after graduation last year. I had series of interviews even more than my mates with better. What helped was dat i had done a year placement (what you call industrial attachment in Nigeria) in a hospital after 2nd yr and so by graduation, i had a yr's experience. Moreover, my employers were looking for 3 main qualities. A bioscience degree holder, good communication skills and attention to details. I was able to demonstrate how i met all this in my cover letter, cv and the interview. While at uni, I worked part time in a call center so i had loads of good communication examples to give. I was able to use examples from my placement where i gave proper attention to details. This little skills helps be it from anywhere. I only pray the lord visits you soon though. It would be nice letting us know what your degree was on too..?
Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by kingslly(m): 10:23pm On Apr 24, 2015
Ma advice to the OP is to stop counting the Number of applications he sent until he gets a job.
Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by pastorsmiling(m): 10:26pm On Apr 24, 2015
My bro i went to futa so i dont block if i had know how to block may this wont have happen to me sef u can say wateva you want bro cos you are not in my shoe
quote author=fxjones post=33074580]Did u block to get a 2:1 ? Let's start from there, I know of people who got their result using bribe, they never get a Job with it. Some do get a Job but they r never happy. Search itself.
[/quote]
Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by pastorsmiling(m): 10:34pm On Apr 24, 2015
OGA SEUN thanks for moving it to fp and thanks to everyone that comments GOD BLESS U ALL
pastorsmiling:

365 × 3 = 1095

I have a second class upper, i always edit my cv to suit position i'm applying for, i am always online

I follow up all my application sometimes i even cal HR of the company i'm to applying to.

I am an active member of nairaland and i also help my friends in terms of jobs and in the long run they will get job.

I take refuge in GOD i leave everything to you and to you alone be all the glory.

PLEASE ADVICE!!!!

Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:35pm On Apr 24, 2015
BraniacX:
The force is strongly jinxed and its visions clouded against you

The sith and the witches of Dathomir have aligned against you

Allow me to introduce to you jedi master @controlx

He knows how to prevail against the dark side

Just kidding cheesy

But you're not serious are you? shocked

I hope not
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by kingslly(m): 10:40pm On Apr 24, 2015
Ma advice to the OP is to stop counting the Number of applications he sent until he gets a job. and also believe that God will one day see u thru.
Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by braindamage(m): 10:40pm On Apr 24, 2015
pastorsmiling:
OGA SEUN thanks for moving it to fp and thanks to everyone that comments GOD BLESS U ALL
God will do it for 'us'. Once there is ambition and most importantly trust in God(am not an atheist) no need to fret. God Bless You
Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:43pm On Apr 24, 2015
mizzyboy007:
bro, must you be fetish or think supernaturally? What if it's just the economical situation of the country? Sometimes be realistic ...
You actually miscontrue my post. What I meant wasn't about been fetish but a self and environmental appraisal of the Op....Do I make sense to you now?

1 Like

Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by depson(m): 10:45pm On Apr 24, 2015
Hope you are not on the wrong side?
Just asking
Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by chazon(m): 11:08pm On Apr 24, 2015
get a life.........start yourself something
Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by gozzlin: 11:16pm On Apr 24, 2015
They are doing you from the village grin

Besides your post is full of grammatical errors, that should serve as a pointer.
Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by Hackomania(m): 11:18pm On Apr 24, 2015
My suggestion is: Solve a problem around you. If you don't find any problems, look for one, and keep looking
Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by israelboy1(m): 11:32pm On Apr 24, 2015
sweetrace:
Op, must you work for someone else? Don't you have skills you can put to some good use? I'm a Christian, but I don't believe in one wasting their time and lives attending deliverance's. Where is it recorded in the bible that anyone had to undergo multiple deliverance's. Even the case that needed fasting and prayers was sorted out without the multiple sessions. I think you've attended one too many.
The time you spend attending these sessions could have been spent improving your skills or acquiring some. In the 3 years you've spent searching for a job, I sincerely hope you've improved yourself. Lamenting helps nothing. Neither does always being online. Make a fundamental change to take your life to the next level. Remind yourself everyday that you are in it to win it. You are your most valuable asset. Do what you need to do to make it happen! Infuse your life with action. Don't wait for it to happen. Make it happen. Make your own future. Create the mindset that will bring out the Greatness in you. You will not only survive, You will thrive.
Look at your environment and recognize a need that you can fill and make some money. CNN did a report of a young guy who saw the need for paper bags in his community. With very little money and 0 machinery, he set to work. Today, he is an employer of labor. Another guy with no education harnessed the wind to generate electricity for his community. ALA gave him a scholarship.
Now, all these and more people can do it, why can't you? Please make God proud by thinking outside the box and doing something.

oh my goodness.....this is surely a reason why i am still here.

you are smarter than description
you sound too cute to be comprehended
the beauty in your words can never be put into composition
this is enough for me
to accept whatsoever thing you like to tender.

wow...you really touched me with this...i wish you were just around here...cos i would have surprised you with a DEEP KISS...yes, it means a lot to me...
like seriously....you answered the guy question with what i find so difficult to explain.
wow....i hope and wish my wide opened mouth will just close....cos you really knocked down my ego with this comment of yours...

I LIKED, AND EVEN WENT TO THE EXTENT OF SHARING YOUR POST....I AM JUST SO AMAZED AND CAUGHT IN SHOCK

I BETTER START PUTTING A DIFFERENT DEFINITION TO NIGERIAN GIRLS.

THERE ARE STILL SMART PEOPLE AMONGST THEM.
Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by obinoral1179(m): 11:38pm On Apr 24, 2015
Closetoheart:

Ok sir. I received lots of mails today. Can you give me ur e-mail address?
please can I send you my CV?
Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by okenikpoto(m): 12:13am On Apr 25, 2015
pastorsmiling:

365 × 3 = 1095

Come to Synagogue Church of All Nations and get the Morning Water or just pray along with the Prophet and lay your CV on the screen of your TV.

PLEASE ADVICE!!!!

Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by geekybabe(f): 12:25am On Apr 25, 2015
seriously there is something about applying for jobs that not everyone understands. There is a way you do things like everybody and There is also a way you do things and stand out in a crowd of everybody.

In the past 5months I have not applied to more than 15 companies, and I have been invited for interviews in about 10 of them. right about now..I am thinking of leaving a place for a bigger company. And before u ask.. I never even applied through anyone. it was just being informed and doing the right things.

So many job seekers don't even have an online presence apart from Facebook. No LinkedIn account, no Google plus account, and you wanna make an impression. some people still use funny emails like boys2die4@Yahoo.com. I mean, and you keep wondering why you not getting jobs.

You must be ready..to work smart and put yourself on top of the game as far as job search is concerned. it's a bigger work for you if you didn't make first class or 2.1.

add value to yourself and always do somtin differently for each job you apply for. And never trust man. trust God completely. I have said a lot abeg.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by Ephemmm: 12:32am On Apr 25, 2015
I have been in your shoe before: but I am here today testifying to the goodness of God. Look! Everything under the heaven has time: when it is your time to shine, no being can stand against you.

Don't worry, don't be fret, your time has come and it is now...

1 Like

Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:54am On Apr 25, 2015
Maybe u are misunderstanding God's intention for u? he doesn't want u tonight be a boy, he wants u to be the boss... look inward and begin to think of how u can create jobs
Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by aaidel(m): 3:19am On Apr 25, 2015
i would have stopped applying after the 20th one and started a business to help myself even if it is laundry business or recharge card not everyone can be employed we need to realize that
Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by Donpizzle(m): 3:27am On Apr 25, 2015
pastorsmiling:

365 × 3 = 1095

PLEASE ADVICE!!!!

u help frnds get job buh u re still lookin for 1 plus d fact dat u re a second class upper... Mehn crios prayer nids to b done in ur fathers house in villa.
Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by Nicepoker(m): 3:27am On Apr 25, 2015
Setaje:
Here they go again. Help yourself. Learn something. Do voluntary work. As if they will give u money for transport to go and do voluntary work or they will give u money to learn something. Tsheeeeeeeew.
he didn't Plan well. U can Still acquire certain skills while in school.
Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by Donpizzle(m): 3:46am On Apr 25, 2015
kakashi12:
Firstly I respect your hustle but I feel u need to do a review. Is that ur not getting invites or ur failing the aptitude tests..if its the test u need to practise harder and get more materials..secondly..if ur passing the tests and failing interviews, then u need to watch videos and read interview materials..I will advice u not to give up sha..

evry1 be like; read interview materials, watch videos, do dis do dat b4 an interview. Interview is smefin u jst prepare for by goin thru d company's history only. Wat u shuld work on is ur self confidence, composure, sentence breaker(hmmm,ehmmm e.t.c), fluency in speakin e.t.c.with all dese qualities u shuld be able to say smefin on any question thrown at u, U can't practice anoda man's interview nd xpct d sametin or smetin similar. Its mere folly.

1 Like

Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by Tweetbright(m): 4:49am On Apr 25, 2015
Go and learn a trade or were u not taught entrepreneurship education while in skul??
Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by Atk1nson(m): 5:26am On Apr 25, 2015
Closetoheart:

See the part in bold.

I still do not understand why people design their CVs to suit the positions they are applying for.

Why can't you have one and original CV that shows you for who you are.

Another one is that you should have taken up an internship or voluntary job that would help in building your experience.

It's a key strategy to tailor your CV to the job your seek, there is nothing wrong with that, it is rather commendable. It sells the candidate as the appropriate person for the job. If as an engineer you want to apply for a business executive role and you can't highlight in your application that you have an entrepreneurial skill, you just send in a CV that talks of your skills as an engineer, u are unlikely to be called or fare favourably if your CV plays a key role in the selection.

let the op search other areas, this is definitely not where his problem comes from

1 Like

Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by Atk1nson(m): 5:34am On Apr 25, 2015
Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by ENDTIMES: 5:43am On Apr 25, 2015
This should have come on your 1000th application so that we mark it with you [size=8pt][/size]
Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by zonax(m): 6:15am On Apr 25, 2015
Kevinoh:

Pls what are u really saying? Can a blind man lead other blind men? Lets be realistic and offer tangible solutions to the Op
Dear we only get that which we have the conviction in our hearts that we can.
He can if you believe you can and start looking inwards. Start asking how and not why

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Flour Mills Of Nigeria PLC Job Recruitment (15 Positions) / Who Got This From MTN? / Ecobank test and Interview 2012-2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.