Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,404 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:32 AM

World Happiness Report 2015: Nigeria Ranks 78th, Tops South Africa And Ghana - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / World Happiness Report 2015: Nigeria Ranks 78th, Tops South Africa And Ghana (2212 Views)

Nigerians 6th Happiest In Africa In World Happiness Report 2017 / igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 / Happy 78th Birthday To Chief Olusegun Obasanjo GCFR (Baba Iyabo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

World Happiness Report 2015: Nigeria Ranks 78th, Tops South Africa And Ghana by kinglekan: 11:51am On Apr 24, 2015
Nigeria currently ranks 78th on the World's Happiness Report 2015 and also the second happiest country in Africa with Algeria being the happiest country in Africa and ranking 68th in the world.

Some African Countries Ranking
South Africa---113
Ghana-----------114
Cameroon------133
Egypt-------------135
Ivory Coast-----151

Meanwhile the land of clocks and chocolates is the world's happiest country, according to a new survey.

Switzerland topped the third annual World Happiness index produced by the Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN), an initiative under the United Nations. It was closely followed by Iceland, Denmark, Norway and Canada.

Togo, Burundi, Benin and Rwanda, with civil-war wracked Syria, were least happy.

The World Happiness Report examined 158 countries and is aimed at influencing government policy.

World's Happiest Countries.

1. Switzerland
2. Iceland
3. Denmark
4. Norway
5. Canada

World's Least Happy Countries

154. Rwanda
155. Benin
156. Syria
157. Burundi
158. Togo

The study bases its rankings on data
from the Gallup World Poll and takes into account variables such as real GDP per capita, healthy life expectancy,
corruption levels and social freedoms.

"Increasingly happiness is considered a proper measure of social progress and goal of public policy," the report said. "A rapidly increasing number of national and local governments are using happiness data and research in their search for policies that could enable people to live better lives".

The SDSN is comprised of people from
academia, government and the private
sector and was first launched in 2012.

Sources:
www.bbc.com/news/business-32443396

worldhappiness.report/

Cc: Ishilove, Lalasticala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World Happiness Report 2015: Nigeria Ranks 78th, Tops South Africa And Ghana by Ruq: 11:56am On Apr 24, 2015
True, we can't continue to fake happiness, most of us are frustrated at situations that seem to never end, and we keep hearing the same lies, "it's all going to be ok". Hope sucks out all the faith when you wait for too too long.
None of the countries in the first five are poor countries, money can't buy happiness, but it won't make you sad either.
Re: World Happiness Report 2015: Nigeria Ranks 78th, Tops South Africa And Ghana by Twaci(f): 11:59am On Apr 24, 2015
And how exactly did they come up with this? angry

No one came to ma door to ask me if I was happy or not...unless...

*checks ceiling for cameras*
Re: World Happiness Report 2015: Nigeria Ranks 78th, Tops South Africa And Ghana by Penssuwa(m): 12:01pm On Apr 24, 2015
how did they collate the data? You examined 158 countries, yes, but how many persons in each country did you examine? There are things you can't just determine on the face value. btw, we Nigerians know how to turn the worst situation into fun. I think we should come first tho.
Re: World Happiness Report 2015: Nigeria Ranks 78th, Tops South Africa And Ghana by Eggcelent(m): 12:01pm On Apr 24, 2015
A good report in that the focus is on calling attention of governments to impacts of their policies on the citizenry. However, it is flawed in that it largely assumes that material possession is the sole determinant of happiness. It is my humble opinion that genuine familial relationship s such as seen in most rural set-up is the basis of happiness. Unfortunately, such cannot be generalised on national basis.
Re: World Happiness Report 2015: Nigeria Ranks 78th, Tops South Africa And Ghana by kilokeys(m): 12:02pm On Apr 24, 2015
i am not happy abt this list undecided

are we truly happier than Togo?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Happiness Report 2015: Nigeria Ranks 78th, Tops South Africa And Ghana by Dannyset(m): 12:12pm On Apr 24, 2015
Any how u want to put it......Suffering and smiling is still strong in Nigeria.
Re: World Happiness Report 2015: Nigeria Ranks 78th, Tops South Africa And Ghana by cocokiller1(f): 12:26pm On Apr 24, 2015
this people will jst sitdwn nd compile rubbish without real proofs nd publish 4 d word to see
wat are d criteria's 4 determing happiness.?
or is it all abt a country being in d news 4 d wrong reasons?
Re: World Happiness Report 2015: Nigeria Ranks 78th, Tops South Africa And Ghana by xtianchris(m): 12:27pm On Apr 24, 2015
I better be in syria than Burundi and Togo ... ;DI
Re: World Happiness Report 2015: Nigeria Ranks 78th, Tops South Africa And Ghana by ki02020(m): 12:33pm On Apr 24, 2015
I would have disagree with the ranking but ever since Buhari won the election I have Always been happy,I believe there is hope for a better nigeria

1 Like

Re: World Happiness Report 2015: Nigeria Ranks 78th, Tops South Africa And Ghana by BlackGirlsCode: 12:34pm On Apr 24, 2015
We're so damn happy that Buhari won noni! grin

2 Likes

Re: World Happiness Report 2015: Nigeria Ranks 78th, Tops South Africa And Ghana by Nobody: 12:38pm On Apr 24, 2015
what's the joy in this list??
Re: World Happiness Report 2015: Nigeria Ranks 78th, Tops South Africa And Ghana by Ozigbondu(m): 12:39pm On Apr 24, 2015
Eeem
Re: World Happiness Report 2015: Nigeria Ranks 78th, Tops South Africa And Ghana by kinglekan: 12:59pm On Apr 24, 2015
Twaci:

You were sleeping when they came swti. wink
Re: World Happiness Report 2015: Nigeria Ranks 78th, Tops South Africa And Ghana by ronald4lif(m): 1:29pm On Apr 24, 2015
Cameroun should be ranked among the top happiest countries in Africa. Should be ranked somewhere close to Nigeria. Those guys are too happy mehn. Once a Camerounian takes a beer that's all there's to forget his worries. The poll posers of this rating have no idea. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World Happiness Report 2015: Nigeria Ranks 78th, Tops South Africa And Ghana by Nobody: 1:37pm On Apr 24, 2015
Ok...

Thank God, full liberation is in sight from may 29, 2015...another full term of four years would have spelt doom for Nigerians, in short we would be placed 170th by then. Useless political leadership driven by PDP.

Imagine 16 years of no electricity, water and bad roads. Poverty on the rise and unemployment is rife.Nonsense ....they like talking big-big, no action. The terrible experiences of Nigerians in this generation would hunt the past leaders of this country especially in the last eight years for ever.

Who would be happy in this present circumstance created by some clueless and directionless politicians at the top?
Useless and nonsense.....
Re: World Happiness Report 2015: Nigeria Ranks 78th, Tops South Africa And Ghana by Babalegba(m): 1:48pm On Apr 24, 2015
Nigeria used to be in the first three positions in this rankings until Jonathan took over and made Nigerians very gloomy.

1 Like

Re: World Happiness Report 2015: Nigeria Ranks 78th, Tops South Africa And Ghana by pinkycute(f): 2:30pm On Apr 24, 2015
Hahahaha grin
Ooh bae you got me cracking hard.... grin grin

Twaci:

Re: World Happiness Report 2015: Nigeria Ranks 78th, Tops South Africa And Ghana by mirexxx(f): 11:54pm On Apr 24, 2015
[quote author=kinglekan post=33056523][/quote] cheesy

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: World Happiness Report 2015: Nigeria Ranks 78th, Tops South Africa And Ghana by mirexxx(f): 11:55pm On Apr 24, 2015
kinglekan:
Nigeria currently ranks 78th on the World's Happiness Report 2015 and also the second happiest country in Africa with Algeria being the happiest country in Africa and ranking 68th in the world
because I'm happy happy cheesy

1 Like

Re: World Happiness Report 2015: Nigeria Ranks 78th, Tops South Africa And Ghana by Nobody: 1:31am On Apr 25, 2015
mirexxx:
because I'm happy happy cheesy
happy too

1 Like

Re: World Happiness Report 2015: Nigeria Ranks 78th, Tops South Africa And Ghana by ifyan(m): 2:42am On Apr 25, 2015
Ruq:
True, we can't continue to fake happiness, most of us are frustrated at situations that seem to never end, and we keep hearing the same lies, "it's all going to be ok". Hope sucks out all the faith when you wait for too too long.
None of the countries in the first five are poor countries, money can't buy happiness, but it won't make you sad either.

True talk bro.

Love you for that. ...

You know. ......
Re: World Happiness Report 2015: Nigeria Ranks 78th, Tops South Africa And Ghana by ifyan(m): 2:45am On Apr 25, 2015
Twaci:

Know this in mind that most ranking polls are from selected entity or assumption.

But sis they gave criteria for it. ..

You know. ...
Re: World Happiness Report 2015: Nigeria Ranks 78th, Tops South Africa And Ghana by ifyan(m): 2:47am On Apr 25, 2015
Eggcelent:
A good report in that the focus is on calling attention of governments to impacts of their policies on the citizenry. However, it is flawed in that it largely assumes that material possession is the sole determinant of happiness. It is my humble opinion that genuine familial relationship s such as seen in most rural set-up is the basis of happiness. Unfortunately, such cannot be generalised on national basis.

Don't be offended ask yourself this question what have I done for the betterment of mankind.

Thank you for. ...

You know. ...
Re: World Happiness Report 2015: Nigeria Ranks 78th, Tops South Africa And Ghana by ifyan(m): 2:48am On Apr 25, 2015
kilokeys:
i am not happy abt this list undecided

are we truly happier than Togo?

Who know you , sowi pelesis.

Take heart for not knowing.

Chai! Chei! Hmmmm

You know. ....
Re: World Happiness Report 2015: Nigeria Ranks 78th, Tops South Africa And Ghana by Eggcelent(m): 12:45pm On Apr 25, 2015
ifyan. What has what I have(not) contributed to nation-building got to do with my contribution to this piece? Guess you don't really understand what I have written. Or your comment was meant for another.
Re: World Happiness Report 2015: Nigeria Ranks 78th, Tops South Africa And Ghana by sheymoni(m): 2:42pm On Apr 25, 2015
The result of the presidential election really make us happy so I'm not surprised grin cheesy grin
Re: World Happiness Report 2015: Nigeria Ranks 78th, Tops South Africa And Ghana by ifyan(m): 4:40pm On Apr 25, 2015
Eggcelent:
ifyan. What has what I have(not) contributed to nation-building got to do with my contribution to this piece? Guess you don't really understand what I have written. Or your comment was meant for another.

This is one major problem with we humans.

Don't you think that the well being of a lies on the hands of the people and government.

I believe you understand now.

You know. ......
Re: World Happiness Report 2015: Nigeria Ranks 78th, Tops South Africa And Ghana by joeybankz: 7:09am On Mar 18, 2016
The government doestnt care about happiness or no happiness, Nigerians are not happy based on any government policy, Nigerians are just happy people
http://www.prestnaija.com/nigerian-ranking-global-happiness-drops/

(1) (Reply)

Who Are The Oil Marketers? We Need Names So We Can Occupy Their Fuel Storage / Breaking: PDP Endorses Saraki As SP And Dogara As Speaker - Channelstv / Nigeria To Skip OPEC Meeting Over Solidarity With Saudi Refusing To Cut Outputs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.