Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,021 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:00 AM

Istikharah Prayer: Rules And Signs Of Response - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Istikharah Prayer: Rules And Signs Of Response (12385 Views)

10 Signs Of Good Manners / What Are The Signs Of A Good Death? / Istikharah (Seeking Allah's Counsel) In Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Istikharah Prayer: Rules And Signs Of Response by hbb2: 12:59pm On May 08, 2015
how does one do it when planing to propose to a girl.
Re: Istikharah Prayer: Rules And Signs Of Response by Wizeboy(m): 3:48pm On May 08, 2015
hbb2:
how does one do it when planing to propose to a girl.

You will observe the prayer by mentioning the name of the prospective sister you are about to seek her hand in marriage in the place of the Intention.

Assuming the sister's name is Lateefah, the prayer will goes as follow:

(O Allah, I seek Your help in finding out the best course of action (in this matter) by invoking Your knowledge; I ask You to empower me, and I beseech Your favor. You alone have the absolute power, while I have no power. You alone know it all, while I do not. You are the One Who knows the hidden mysteries. O Allah, if You know this thing (I am embarking on) [my Nikkah with Lateefah] is good for me in my religion, worldly life, and my ultimate destiny, then facilitate it for me, and then bless me in my action. If, on the other hand, You know this thing is detrimental for me in my religion, worldly life, and ultimate destiny, turn it away from me, and turn me away from it, and decree what is good for me, wherever it may be, and make me content with it.)

But note that, you must be ready to marry the sister because Islam does not encourage/permit dating. It is totally haram to date a sister, once you see any sister you like and fit into your desire wife, perform Istikhara prayer and seek her hand in marriage.
Re: Istikharah Prayer: Rules And Signs Of Response by 1stimpression(f): 6:17pm On May 08, 2015
Jazakallhu khairan.
But can it be done on behave of someone because they are some cases of some Alfas who do it on behave of some people that are agile. Is it proper.
Re: Istikharah Prayer: Rules And Signs Of Response by Wizeboy(m): 6:30pm On May 08, 2015
1stimpression:
Jazakallhu khairan.
But can it be done on behave of someone because they are some cases of some Alfas who do it on behave of some people that are agile. Is it proper.

Istakhara is best performed by the one who has to make the decision to choose between lawful alternatives themselves, and definitely not by a third party who has absolutely nothing to do with making the choice or the decision.

The Hadith about Istikhara never state that it can be done on behalf of somebody. Istikhara can never take an individual more than 20 minutes and I don't really think 20 minutes is too much to seek Almighty Allah guidance on an issue that is of most important to you.

Allahu A'alam (Allah knows best)

2 Likes

Re: Istikharah Prayer: Rules And Signs Of Response by 1stimpression(f): 9:07pm On May 08, 2015
Wizeboy:

Istakhara is best performed by the one who has to make the decision to choose between lawful alternatives themselves, and definitely not by a third party who has absolutely nothing to do with making the choice or the decision.

The Hadith about Istikhara never state that it can be done on behalf of somebody. Istikhara can never take an individual more than 20 minutes and I don't really think 20 minutes is too much to seek Almighty Allah guidance on an issue that is of most important to you.

Allahu A'alam (Allah knows best)

Jazakallhu khairan.

1 Like

Re: Istikharah Prayer: Rules And Signs Of Response by Wizeboy(m): 9:17pm On May 08, 2015
1stimpression:

Jazakallhu khairan.

Ameen wa iyyakum
Re: Istikharah Prayer: Rules And Signs Of Response by Majlaw(m): 10:21pm On May 08, 2015
AbdH:

You don't have to.
plsss what is the niyat?
Re: Istikharah Prayer: Rules And Signs Of Response by hbb2: 7:14am On May 09, 2015
Wizeboy:

You will observe the prayer by mentioning the name of the prospective sister you are about to seek her hand in marriage in the place of the Intention.

Assuming the sister's name is Lateefah, the prayer will goes as follow:

(O Allah, I seek Your help in finding out the best course of action (in this matter) by invoking Your knowledge; I ask You to empower me, and I beseech Your favor. You alone have the absolute power, while I have no power. You alone know it all, while I do not. You are the One Who knows the hidden mysteries. O Allah, if You know this thing (I am embarking on) [my Nikkah with Lateefah] is good for me in my religion, worldly life, and my ultimate destiny, then facilitate it for me, and then bless me in my action. If, on the other hand, You know this thing is detrimental for me in my religion, worldly life, and ultimate destiny, turn it away from me, and turn me away from it, and decree what is good for me, wherever it may be, and make me content with it.)

But note that, you must be ready to marry the sister because Islam does not encourage/permit dating. It is totally haram to date a sister, once you see any sister you like and fit into your desire wife, perform Istikhara prayer and seek her hand in marriage.
Jazakallahu khayr
Re: Istikharah Prayer: Rules And Signs Of Response by AbdH: 10:19am On May 09, 2015
Majlaw:

plsss what is the niyat?

Niyah is in the mind. The mere decision to do istikharah has made your intention clear. You don't have to say anything to make a niyah.
Re: Istikharah Prayer: Rules And Signs Of Response by 1stimpression(f): 12:19pm On May 09, 2015
Wizeboy:

Ameen wa iyyakum

Assalam alaikum warahmotullah wabarakatuh..
Someone who wants to make a decision and instead of doing Istikharah, he or she decided to visit a fortune teller or soothe sayer and a negative or positive reply was given to the person which he believed and he was later advice to perform Istikharah which the individual claim he or she still dream the same thing he was told by the fortune teller after the istikharah. Is it really important to dream after Istikharah and is it possible for the messenger of Shaytan (fortune teller) to b right..
Re: Istikharah Prayer: Rules And Signs Of Response by Wizeboy(m): 5:31pm On May 09, 2015
1stimpression:

Assalam alaikum warahmotullah wabarakatuh..
Someone who wants to make a decision and instead of doing Istikharah, he or she decided to visit a fortune teller or soothe sayer and a negative or positive reply was given to the person which he believed and he was later advice to perform Istikharah which the individual claim he or she still dream the same thing he was told by the fortune teller after the istikharah. Is it really important to dream after Istikharah and is it possible for the messenger of Shaytan (fortune teller) to b right..

Wa alaykum salam warahmotullahi wa barakaatuhu

Firstly, it is haram to visit fortune teller or soothe sayer in Islam. We should all learn to do Istikhara by ourselves and trust Almighty Allah decision on that particular thing.

Secondly, it is not compulsory for somebody to dream after doing Istikhara. Istikhara is just a means of asking for Almighty Allah guidance and sometimes the result might be that "the heart will just inclined towards that particular thing after Istikhara or heart might deviate from it.

Thirdly, I can't really say his/her dream is the result of his/her Istikhara or not because it might be that, what the sooth sayer/fortune teller told him/her is still in his mind, which he/she is likely to dream about as well.

My advice for the person is to do the Istikhara again and hope for the best guidance from Almighty Allah without putting his/her mind on what have been said to him by the fortune teller in the past.

Istikhara can be done more than one time, just to be sure of Almighty Allah guidance towards a particular decision.

Almighty Allah knows best.

1 Like

Re: Istikharah Prayer: Rules And Signs Of Response by 1stimpression(f): 10:50pm On May 09, 2015
Wizeboy:

Wa alaykum salam warahmotullahi wa barakaatuhu

Firstly, it is haram to visit fortune teller or soothe sayer in Islam. We should all learn to do Istikhara by ourselves and trust Almighty Allah decision on that particular thing.

Secondly, it is not compulsory for somebody to dream after doing Istikhara. Istikhara is just a means of asking for Almighty Allah guidance and sometimes the result might be that "the heart will just inclined towards that particular thing after Istikhara or heart might deviate from it.

Thirdly, I can't really say his/her dream is the result of his/her Istikhara or not because it might be that, what the sooth sayer/fortune teller told him/her is still in his mind, which he/she is likely to dream about as well.

My advice for the person is to do the Istikhara again and hope for the best guidance from Almighty Allah without putting his/her mind on what have been said to him by the fortune teller in the past.

Istikhara can be done more than one time, just to be sure of Almighty Allah guidance towards a particular decision.

Almighty Allah knows best.

Jazakallhu khairan. May Almighty Allah increase your knowledge.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ruling On Using Someone Else's Internet Connection / All Suicide-Bombers Are Going To Hell - Gumi / The True Treasure : I Went To Steal From Him, But He Stole From Me – Inspiration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.