Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,887 members, 7,798,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:07 PM

Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians (22415 Views)

Coffins Bearing The Dead Bodies Of Indonesian Drug Convicts Get Buried (photos) / How The 4 Nigerians Condemned In Indonesia Will Be Killed / Photos And Profiles Of The 4 Nigerians To Be Executed In Indonesia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians by Nobody: 2:27pm On Apr 24, 2015
“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
― Mark Twain

RIP Hustler
Re: Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians by Nobody: 2:27pm On Apr 24, 2015
any time indonesia or malaysian govtt execute..a nigerian must b among... such troubling statistics
Re: Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians by bright007(f): 2:27pm On Apr 24, 2015
shoro niyen?

1 Like

Re: Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians by rhazur(m): 2:27pm On Apr 24, 2015
Eyepencil:
Get Rich Or Die Trying!
No o....na Get Rich or Die There!!

2 Likes

Re: Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians by Nobody: 2:29pm On Apr 24, 2015
And after they kill those people, another of their plane will go missing! Just watch and see.

2 Likes

Re: Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians by omonnakoda: 2:31pm On Apr 24, 2015
Lagos State should adopt the same law

2 Likes

Re: Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians by Nobody: 2:31pm On Apr 24, 2015
Thank God for making me content with the little i have.for everything i have earned i can give an account for it.thank you lord for my Nigerian genes,that never say never genes flowing through my veins.

3 Likes

Re: Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians by sweatholder(m): 2:31pm On Apr 24, 2015
This country are beginning to kill more Nigerians than Boko haram ooo, these drug smugglers should quit going there na aba

Re: Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians by DukeNija(m): 2:31pm On Apr 24, 2015
jaybee3:
Kudos to them

I've zero sympathy for those willing to hug the fast lane without putting in the hard work

Pushing drug is hardwork.
Re: Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians by onatisi(m): 2:32pm On Apr 24, 2015
Moana:
and one female shocked
including a 63 year old british grandmother who was coerced into taking drugs on a trip because her children were kidnapped by the drug baron who threatened to kill them. She was caught and she told the indonesian police everything hoping they would help her, a sting operation was organised and the drug barons were arrested . To the surprise of everyone ,they were later released and the woman was sentenced to death. en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lindsay_Sandiford_case. Sandiford was arrested on
19 May 2012 after
arriving at Bali's Ngurah
Rai International Airport
on a Thai Airways flight
from Bangkok, Thailand,
when 4.8 kg (10.6 lb) of
cocaine was found in the
lining of her suitcase
during a routine search.
[5] She claimed to have
been forced into carrying
the drugs by a gang who
had threatened to harm
members of her family if
she did not comply with
their demands.[5] When
informed she could
receive the death penalty
for drug trafficking she
broke down and told
police that she had been
asked to carry the drugs
for Julian Ponder, a
British antiques dealer
living in Bali, and his
partner Rachel Dougall,
and agreed to help in a
sting operation to arrest
them.[6] Sandiford was
booked into a hotel with
an undercover police
officer, where she went
about contacting members
of the alleged syndicate.
Arrangements were made
for her to meet Ponder,
and another man, Paul
Beales at the hotel, where
police arrested them on
suspicion of drug
trafficking.[6] Dougall
was arrested after a
subsequent search of the
property she shared with
Ponder uncovered 48.94
grams of cocaine, while
3.1 grams of hashish were
found at Beale's house.
Sandiford and Ponder
were charged with drug
trafficking.[7] However,
police failed to find
evidence linking the other
two to the crime, and they
were charged with less
serious offences.[6]
Trial and conviction
At her trial prosecutors
alleged that Sandiford met
Dougall and Beales at a
hotel in Bangkok on 17
May 2012, where
arrangements were made
for her to courier the
cocaine into Bali. She
arrived on the island two
days later.[6] In her
defence, Sandiford
claimed that she had been
pressured into carrying
the drugs by a gang who
had made threats against
her children, while her
lawyers argued she was
suffering from mental
health problems.[8] In a
statement to the court she
expressed regret over her
involvement, "I would like
to begin by apologising to
the Republic of Indonesia
and the Indonesian people
for my involvement. I
would never have become
involved in something like
this but the lives of my
children were in danger
and I felt I had to protect
them."[9] Her son gave a
statement to the court in
which he said he believed
she was forced to carry
the drugs following a
disagreement over rent
money she had paid on his
Re: Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians by Bonapart(m): 2:33pm On Apr 24, 2015
lilmax:
Who send them?
never judge anyone so quickly cos you dnt know their story
Re: Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians by anonymous100010(m): 2:35pm On Apr 24, 2015
This guys have no chill
Re: Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians by Lucasbalo(m): 2:35pm On Apr 24, 2015
searching4lovee:
undecided

I WISH THE FG CAN APPLY STRICT RULES ON THESE HEARTLESS ASIANS. MANY CHINESE AND OTHERS COMMITS VARIOUS CRIMES HERE WITHOUT DEATH SENTENCE BUT REVERSE IS THE CASE IN THEIR COUNTRIES. I DON'T SUPPORT DRUG TRAFFICKING BUT LIFE SENTENCE WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER.

RIP FELLOW COMPATRIOTS, OUR BAD LEADERS FAILED US AND THE FRUSTRATIONS PROBABLY PUSHED MANY LIKE YOU INTO CRIME
cry
I agree with you that life sentence or longer jail time would have been appropriate but disagree about the failed leadership of Nigeria causing this guys to carry drugs. People carry drugs in countries where the leadership is good. It's greed that makes drug dealing attractive to the drug dealers.

1 Like

Re: Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians by Nobody: 2:35pm On Apr 24, 2015
OK
Re: Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians by chiefinalowo: 2:35pm On Apr 24, 2015
In as much that I know where the four persons hailed from in Nigeria, I still don't support death penalty.
Indonesian government needs to show mercy.
Re: Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians by Octaves(m): 2:36pm On Apr 24, 2015
Mpa gi
ShakurM:
Igbo kwenu!! Bizness with person life sef angry
Re: Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians by jaybee3(m): 2:36pm On Apr 24, 2015
DukeNija:

Pushing drug is hardwork.
It's a get rich quick scheme
Re: Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians by buddydoze(m): 2:37pm On Apr 24, 2015
ShakurM:
Igbo kwenu!! Bizness with person life sef angry
Omo Igbo funrara e! If this kind person become our president, he'll embezzle all the monies and sell-off the people.

1 Like

Re: Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians by baybeeboi: 2:37pm On Apr 24, 2015
Nigerians killing Nigerians
south Africans killing Nigerians
Indonesians killing Nigerians.
Did I say there's love in killing Nigerians?
Re: Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians by justicesky24(m): 2:38pm On Apr 24, 2015
eya

Re: Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians by Octaves(m): 2:39pm On Apr 24, 2015
How do you. Free your mind of tribalism and prejudice
chiefinalowo:
In as much that I know where the four persons hailed from in Nigeria, I still don't support death penalty.
Indonesian government needs to show mercy.
Re: Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians by gbengus17: 2:40pm On Apr 24, 2015
Excuse me, even an idiot knows that hard drugs dealings is death. SO I HAVE NO PITY FOR THEM. THEY OUGHT TO HAVE PREPARED FOR DEATH. simple. may their souls rest in peace.
Re: Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians by Nobody: 2:40pm On Apr 24, 2015
Lucasbalo:
I agree with you that life sentence or longer jail time would have been appropriate but disagree about the failed leadership of Nigeria causing this guys to carry drugs. People carry drugs in countries where the leadership is good. It's greed that makes drug dealing attractive to the drug dealers.

I said probably. Read my post again
Re: Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians by nerodenero: 2:41pm On Apr 24, 2015
searching4lovee:
undecided RIP FELLOW COMPATRIOTS, OUR BAD LEADERS FAILED US AND THE FRUSTRATIONS PROBABLY PUSHED MANY LIKE YOU INTO CRIME cry
Why hasn't that frustration pushed YOU into committing crime?Pls,no excuse whatsoever for committing crime.
Re: Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians by Lucasbalo(m): 2:42pm On Apr 24, 2015
Billyonaire:
Indonesia could make more money by giving price tag of $10m to each life and letting their countries decide if to pay the sum and get their citizen to come and work for it or forget the person to die. Death Penalty for drug pushing isnt justice
Yes you are right it's not justice but you have to ask why this mental midgets carry drugs to this Asian countries when they know being caught is automatic death. The lure of filthy money is not worth anyones life.

1 Like

Re: Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians by chiefinalowo: 2:42pm On Apr 24, 2015
Octaves:
How do you. Free your mind of tribalism and prejudice

We know them, one of them was caught yesterday while trying to smuggle indian hemp to China.
All the same, Indonesian government must free the.

1 Like

Re: Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians by chiefinalowo: 2:43pm On Apr 24, 2015
Billyonaire:
Indonesia could make more money by giving price tag of $10m to each life and letting their countries decide if to pay the sum and get their citizen to come and work for it or forget the person to die. Death Penalty for drug pushing isnt justice

I agree with you 100%
Re: Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians by Nobody: 2:43pm On Apr 24, 2015
[/s]Buhari, u see wetin u dey cause[s] Offense for this sin is known. But, still, it doesn't deter people from it grin grin grin grin grin grin. Stubbornness of human beings.
Re: Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians by kuuljay(m): 2:44pm On Apr 24, 2015
searching4lovee:
undecided

I WISH THE FG CAN APPLY STRICT RULES ON THESE HEARTLESS ASIANS. MANY CHINESE AND OTHERS COMMITS VARIOUS CRIMES HERE WITHOUT DEATH SENTENCE BUT REVERSE IS THE CASE IN THEIR COUNTRIES. I DON'T SUPPORT DRUG TRAFFICKING BUT LIFE SENTENCE WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER.

RIP FELLOW COMPATRIOTS, OUR BAD LEADERS FAILED US AND THE FRUSTRATIONS PROBABLY PUSHED MANY LIKE YOU INTO CRIME
cry
there is no justification for crime,people started business here in Nigeria with less money it takes to fly to Indonesia and today they are rich.
Re: Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians by Lucasbalo(m): 2:44pm On Apr 24, 2015
searching4lovee:

I said probably. Read my post again
There is nothing probable about carrying drugs. They are professional dope carriers and they get caught.
Re: Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians by LAX89(m): 2:48pm On Apr 24, 2015
Bonapart:
That's a lady at the middle...
Government of the rest countries has step in only my country's govt will pay deaf hears...
May God have mercy on them and change the case...
If it happens that they're executed, may God forgive and accept their souls into eternal rest cry cry

Don't forget, Buhari made a decree and applied it retroactively on drug dealers, and also executed them in Nigeria.
Re: Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians by MadCow1: 2:49pm On Apr 24, 2015
Thank you Indonesia..

If you catch them, kill dem. Shikina.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Blackmailers Who Recorded Timothy Owoeye Nude Video Dragged To Court / Drunk Policeman Kills Friend During Sallah Celebration In Ogun / Engineer Defrauds Fiancee Of 11 Million Naira In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.