Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,852 members, 7,806,414 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:04 PM

Buhari's/APC.'s Campaign Promises - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's/APC.'s Campaign Promises (19081 Views)

PDP: Nigerians Already Counting Days For APC ’s Exit From Power / Exclusive: How Amaechi Diverted N40bn Rivers Fund For Buhari S Campaign - Signa / This Is How A Councillor Says He Is Delivering His Campaign Promises (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's/APC.'s Campaign Promises by anonimi: 9:30am On Dec 29, 2015
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3236483_buharidefeatsbokoharam1_jpeg362495089e5d068842269325abca343d

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3236484_buharidefeatsbokoharam2_jpeg18cbc1afd8bc34cfafa2c17d06d15d29

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3236485_buharidefeatsbokoharam3_jpegefed7e5e0c698bb09cdea2cad525ba7f

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3236486_buharidefeatsbokoharam4_jpeg3b14d0e7f2d2c32d3b117b1eb1fc793c

SignalNG1:
December 23, 2015
The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, said on Wednesday that the Nigerian military had met the December deadline to defeat the Boko Haram terrorists.

The minister said this during his maiden meeting with editorial heads of media houses in Lagos.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that President Mohammadu Buhari had, upon assuming office, issued a December 31 deadline to the military to defeat the Boko Haram terrorists.

“Today, I can report that the war against Boko Haram is largely won.

“I can confidently say this because just recently, I led a group of 33 journalists from both the local and international media to the hot bed of the insurgency, that is, Maiduguri, Kondugua, Kaoure and Bama.

“Today, I can report to you that the entire 70 plus kilometres stretch from Maiduguri to Bama and all the way to Banki which leads to Cameroun and the Central African Republic are in the hands of our gallant troops.”

He said the military presence could be felt ”every few metres along the road; at a point along that road we were just a kilometre to Sambisa forest.

“They have so degraded the capacity of Boko Haram that the terrorists can no longer hold on to any territory just as they can no longer carry out any spectacular attack.”

Mohammed, however, said that though there were still cases of suicide bombings, it was pertinent to note that such was the nature if insurgency globally.

“Unlike a war between two armies, an insurgency never ends with arms victory

“Even in countries like Colombia where insurgency was supposed to have ended decades ago, attacks like this still happen.”

He said that the insurgents had adopted a new style of attacking soft targets like motor parks, schools, entertainment centres, religious centres, killing innocent people mostly women and children.

He, therefore, urged Nigerians to support the military in the fight against terrorism in the country, saying that the military had availed itself creditably.

“It is our turn as civilians to give them our support; to realise that the war they are fighting is not their war alone, but our war, hence we must own the war.”

The minister disclosed that a national security campaign had commenced to raise awareness among Nigerians about the war, the sacrifices of our troops, and how to stamp out the remnant of the war.

“Jingles are being played on national radio and television as part of the campaign in order to keep the media better informed about the war, so that they can also better inform Nigerians,’’ he said.

Mohammed also said that an ad-hoc committee, comprising media representatives as well as intelligence agencies, would be inaugurated to regularly be updated about the war in order to better inform the public. (NAN)​

http://dailypost.ng/2015/12/23/boko-haram-military-have-met-december-deadline-lai-mohammed/
Re: Buhari's/APC.'s Campaign Promises by anonimi: 1:35pm On Dec 30, 2015
Re: Buhari's/APC.'s Campaign Promises by anonimi: 10:51am On Dec 31, 2015
Opeedo:
President Muhammadu Buhari held his first Presidential Media Chat on Wednesday fielding questions about some of the key issues in the country from the whereabouts of the Chibok girls, the Nigerian Army-Shiites clash and pressure to devalue the naira.

Here are some key comments by the President:

On the clash between Shi’ites and the Nigerian Army in Zaria and his silence

i. I have allowed the army and the Kaduna State government to come up with their reports before I come out to speak on the clash. This does not mean that the police and the DSS are not doing their part.

ii. The situation in Zaria is very serious… How can one group create a state within a state?

On the state of tertiary institutions

I don’t like the idea of University students sitting on windows to receive lectures.

On whether he actually promised to pay unemployed youths N5,000

I cannot come here and deny that.

Foreign exchange restrictions

I. We need power, railways, roads… These are our priorities; not people looking for money to bring in rice (to the country).

II.Foreign exchange will be made available to the productive sector of the economy and not for luxury items.

On calls for the devaluation of the Naira

I need to be convinced about devaluing the Naira.

On asset declaration

I declared my assets four times… I don’t have to ask them (Code of Conduct Bureau) to give you the asset declaration… You have a constitutional right to the documents.

On the continued bomb attacks in parts of the North-East

I. The Hijab will have to be banned if this (the suicide bombing) continues.

On the debate about fuel subsidy

By the end of the next quarter, we will not be talking about subsidy. How much is the price of

fuel (in the international market) now?

Reported plans by the National Assembly to spend billions on cars

I cannot see the National Assembly spending N45bn to buy cars on top of the transport allowance they collect.

On the pace of the anti-corruption war

I. Our major constraint is that accused person must go to court first and under such circumstances, we cannot prejudge what the courts will do but there are documents and how the government will react through the Ministry of Justice will determine what we will do because what we are going so we cannot determine issues while they are still in court.

II. If any member of my cabinet is corrupt, I will sack the person.

III. Members of the cabinet are supposed to declare their assets.

On whether funds have been recovered from looters

I. Money has been recovered but the fact that whatever we recover will end up in court because Nigerians will always want to know the truth and the truth will be what the courts have discovered by the submission made to them in terms of bank statements where money was recovered, where money was lodged, when it was lodged, how it was lodged whether it was money from petrol, customs and excise or money directly from the Central Bank. When we do that I think Nigerians will feel a bit better.

II. It is a very nasty situation that we are in, but we cannot fold our hands and not do anything; we are doing our best.

Chibok girls

We are keeping our options open. We are prepared to negotiate with boko haram for the girls… There is no firm intelligence where those girls physically are and what conditions they are in but what we learnt from our intelligence is that they (terrorists) kept on shifting them around so that they are not taken by surprise and they get freed. And a whole lot of them are not in one place and we don’t know how many divisions they have and where they are. There is no intelligence to say that the girls are alive and in one place. That is the honest truth.

On the agitation for Biafra over alleged marginalisation

We have boko haram and then Biafra. Help me define the extent of marginalisation. Who is marginalising them? Why? How? Do you know? … The constitution said there must be a minister from each state. Who is the Minister of Petroleum? Is he not Igbo? Who is the Governor of Central Bank? Is he not Igbo? Who is the Minister of Labour? Who is the Minister of Science and Technology? Who is the junior minister of education?

On the continued detention of suspected looters and alleged violation of court orders by the DSS

You can see the type atrocities that those people committed against soldiers and the country. The former president goes to the governor of the Central Bank and say, ‘give N40bn to so, so, so… And then he fails to account for it and you allow him to go and see his daughter in London while and you have two million people in IDPs, half of them don’t even know their parents. Which kind of country do you want to run?

And the one you are calling Kanu. Do you know he has two passports – one Nigerian, one British – and he came to this country without any passport?… There are criminal allegations against him and I hope the court will listen to the case.

SOURCE: https://www.thenews.ng/metro/honest-truth-top-quotes-from-president-buharis-first-media-chat/

Re: Buhari's/APC.'s Campaign Promises by anonimi: 7:22pm On Jan 05, 2016
Re: Buhari's/APC.'s Campaign Promises by anonimi: 11:42am On Jan 06, 2016
Re: Buhari's/APC.'s Campaign Promises by anonimi: 9:26am On Jan 10, 2016
Re: Buhari's/APC.'s Campaign Promises by anonimi: 7:07pm On Jan 10, 2016
gohome:
We will initiate policies to ensure that Nigerians are free to live and work in any part of the country by removing state of origin, tribe, ethnic and religious affiliations and replace those with state of residence.
#VoteChange #ChangeIsHere

Prof. Yemi Osinbade

Is this not change ladies and gentlemen?
Confab report working I think

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3279562_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

Re: Buhari's/APC.'s Campaign Promises by todayboy: 7:17pm On Jan 10, 2016
Which one is the real promises that Buhari has fulfilled lets know than asking questions you know the answer already

obailala:
Just like I said earlier, there are lots of REAL promises which we can focus on. Why expend your energy on 'alleged' promises thereby turning this thread to a joke?

The elections are over, the political season is over. We need to be focussed on the real promises else Buhari/APC will simply ignore the rants again (just like they did before the elections and tell you they have better things to think about other than responding to every single flimsy allegation by all and sundry).

1 Like

Re: Buhari's/APC.'s Campaign Promises by obailala(m): 10:28pm On Jan 10, 2016
todayboy:

Which one is the real promises that Buhari has fulfilled lets know than asking questions you know the answer already

Do you grade a student in the first month of a semester?
Re: Buhari's/APC.'s Campaign Promises by anonimi: 1:12am On Jan 11, 2016
obailala:
Do you grade a student in the first month of a semester?

A student who will score a worthwhile cumulative GPA during her four year course will show impressively indicative intent of such achievable goal in her first two semesters or first year, not so
This federal administration with a four year mandate has been in charge for eight months now!

Bi Ojo-Abameta yio ti se ri, ati Ojo-Eti ni a tii mo - As Saturday will be, na from Friday we go know.

The CONFUSION and lack of policy initiatives that has characterised this propaganda-laden federal administration so far, is a clear sign that at the end of the next three years and four months, NONE of the promises that formed their campaign platform will be fulfilled.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2168547_boko_jpegb68e1f99d87674891f8bb5b8e27161d0

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2442363_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3133111_17515_jpeg7a1bf2295e34488f4ceeeae79295c0f2

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2015632_buhariignored14_jpegb7e8701bab7f5ae06537837721bc3bf4
Re: Buhari's/APC.'s Campaign Promises by obailala(m): 8:53am On Jan 11, 2016
anonimi:

A student who will score a worthwhile cumulative GPA during her four year course will show impressively indicative intent of such achievable goal in her first two semesters or first year, not so
This federal administration with a four year mandate has been in charge for eight months now!

The CONFUSION and lack of policy initiatives that has characterised this propaganda-laden federal administration so far, is a clear sign that at the end of the next three years and four months, NONE of the promises that formed their campaign platform will be fulfilled.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2168547_boko_jpegb68e1f99d87674891f8bb5b8e27161d0

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2442363_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3133111_17515_jpeg7a1bf2295e34488f4ceeeae79295c0f2

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2015632_buhariignored14_jpegb7e8701bab7f5ae06537837721bc3bf4
Bloody wailer spotted. Go and read your books bro
Re: Buhari's/APC.'s Campaign Promises by anonimi: 12:11pm On Jan 13, 2016
eluquenson:
REVISITING SOME OF THE LATEEF JAKANDE'S GOVERNMENT ACHIEVEMENTS FROM OCTOBER 1979 TO DECEMBER 1983 (FOUR YEARS AND 3 MONTHS) IN LAGOS STATE
[img]http://4.bp..com/-V0NhGHyjMG8/UWlggCCvKbI/AAAAAAAAAXA/8W0vlN0V5o8/s1600/jakande2.jpg[/img]

* His government built the current Lagos State Secretariat which houses all the state ministries as well as the popular round house hitherto occupied by all subsequent governors of the state.

* His government built the Lagos State House of Assembly complex.

* His government built the Lagos State Television

* His government built the Lagos Radio

* His government built Lagos State University

* His government established General Hospital in zones all over the state with assurance of free health care.

* His government established Teacher Training College and the College of Education.

* His government built low cost houses in Ijaiye, Dolphin, Oke-Afa, Ije, Abesan, Iponri, Ipaja, Abule Nla, Epe, Amuwo-Odofin, Anikantamo, Surulere, Iba, Ikorodu, Badagry, Isheri/Olowu, Orisigun etc.

* His government established the Water Management Board and Waste Disposal Board on the 18th of August, 1980.

* His government constructed the Adiyan Water Works to increase water supply in the state to 18.16 million litres per day.

* His government modernized and expanded the Iju Water Works which was first commissioned in 1915. This increased daily capacity from 159 million to 204 million litres per day.

* His government purchased and commissioned the giant car crusher equipment. The equipment was designed specifically to crush derelict vehicles in Lagos State. It had the capacity to crush 45 vehicles per day.

* His government constructed, rehabilitated and resurfaced Epe/Ijebu-Ode Road, Oba Akran Avenue, Toyin Street, Town Planning Way, Alimosho-Idimu-Egbe Road, Idimu-Iba-LASU Road, the new secretariat road and several others.

* His government constructed Victoria Island/Epe Road and thereby creating an ‘oil rig’ for Lagos State.

* His government established Asphalt Plant for the Department of Public Works.

* His government established Electricity Board for Rural Electrification with provision of street lights.

* His government modernized, expanded and commissioned Onikan Stadium in 1982.

* His government established a singular school system and ensured genuine free education in Lagos State and the beneficiaries of this policy are in different positions of eminence in the country and around the world.

* His government raised the primary schools in Lagos State to 812 with 533,001 pupils (against 605 primary schools with 434,545 pupils he met in 1979) and secondary schools to 223 with 167,629 students (against 105 schools with 107,835 students in 1979).

* His government constructed 11, 729 classrooms with the maximum of 40 children per class between March and August 1980, by 1983, he had constructed over 22,000 classrooms.

* In July 1983, two commercial passenger boats christened "Baba Kekere and Itafaji" to run the Mile 2 - Marina (CMS) route via the lagoons were inaugurated by his government to mark the official launch of the Lagos State ferry services.

* His government took over the ownership and financing of Lagos State Printing Corporation in July 1980

* His government established the first State Traffic Management Authority (Road Marshals).

* His government established small scale Industries Credit Scheme which preceded the EKO bank.

*His government established LASACO Insurance.

*His government expanded existing market and built new ones.

*His government established Traditional Medicine Board.

WHO SAYS 4 YEARS IN OFFICE IS NOT ENOUGH FOR MEANINGFUL ACHIEVEMENTS?

IT'S A FACT THAT 90% OF GOVERNORS IN NIGERIA SINCE 1999 WITH REVENUES AT THEIR DISPOSAL CANNOT BOAST OF A QUARTER OF THESE ACHIEVEMENTS EVEN WITHIN THEIR EIGHT YEARS IN OFFICE.
Re: Buhari's/APC.'s Campaign Promises by anonimi: 5:16pm On Jan 15, 2016
Re: Buhari's/APC.'s Campaign Promises by anonimi: 10:14am On Jan 21, 2016
Re: Buhari's/APC.'s Campaign Promises by anonimi: 12:30pm On Jan 22, 2016
justurch:
IN an administration fighting against corruption, that is in need of diversification, President Muhammadu Buhari has presented a budget that would appropriate N29.7 billion to his Ministry of Agriculture in comparison to N115 billion to a “do nothing” National Assembly. Even when you add the planned appropriation for the Universal Basic Education (N77.1 billion) together with the Ministry of Agriculture (N29.1billion), the National Assembly still gulps about N15 billion more than them. What a priority!

Nigeria is in need of security no doubt. But this ought not to be an excuse for duplication. President Buhari budgeted N294.5 billion for the Ministry of Defence. The Ministry of Interior also has a lot to do with the security of the country and has a budget of N145.2 billion. We also have the Nigeria Police Formation and Command budget at N283.09 billion. Then there is tucked somewhere in the budget something called Operation Lafiya Dole to cost Nigerian Tax Payers N10 billion. “Lafiya Dole” is an Hausa Language expression that means “Compulsory Peace” or “Peace by Force.” If you add up the four, it gives you N732.79 billion.

With over N732.79 billion to these all important Ministries and Departments that deal with our security, can President Buhari explain to Nigerians what his National Security Adviser would be doing with additional N57.7 billion? This National Security Adviser allocation is an amount that is higher than the funds allocated to the Ministries of Transportation, Water Resources, Works, Power and Housing put together! Haba!

President Buhari promised to create employment for Nigerian youths. But he budgeted only N7.8 billion for the Ministry of Labour and Employment. He also budgeted N9.5 billion for the Ministry of Mines and Steel Development, a sector that could easily generate high employment if properly funded and managed. Science and Technology Ministry received only N25.8 billion. Also remember that the Ministries of Transportation and Water Resources received N13.7 billion and N7.2 billion respectively.

The immediate paragraph above contains five of the most important ministries that could have positive impact on the people if any government is serious at all. Their total expenditure is N64 billion. This is less than what President Buhari allocated to his Minister of Special Duties: N72.8 billion! Pray, what are the Special Duties to be done that they should cost so much? Then add N45.3 billion allocated to the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation and Office of the Head of Service, N6.4 billion. What further evidence of misapplication of funds do we need than all these?

President Buhari has allocated to the Federal Character Commission N2.09 billion! What do they do in that Commission that would cost the Nigerian Tax Payers this much just in one year? Then there is what is called Outsourced Services that would cost N5 billion and Presidential Amnesty Programme which would also cost N20 billion. Who are the targets of this Amnesty Programme? Is it Boko Haram Terrorists, or Niger Delta Militants?

Why did President Buhari budget N45 billion for INEC in a year when there is no national election? What is this money for? Is this money just for salaries or other assignments? If this amount is for assignments, what is the nature of those assignments? Nigerians deserve answers to these questions.

President Buhari needs to explain to Nigerians what Mr. Lai Mohammed would be doing with N39.1billion allocated to his Information Ministry that would be more important than what Ministry of Transportation N13.7 billion, Ministry of Water Resources N7.2 billion and the Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment N10.5 billion would be doing? These three Ministries’ allocation put together is less than Lai Mohammed’s Ministry of Information!

How could President Buhari justify the proposed spending of N400 million on a weekend symposium? Yes, the 35th Annual General Meeting and Symposium of Shelter Afrique slated for June 2016! How can an administration that is yelling against wastage and corruption approve such amount of money for a two-day affair?

It is interesting to know that N2.3 billion would be showered on all former Heads of State, Presidents and their deputies just within one year alone. This is upon the mismanagement and tragedy they have all visited on this country. However, more interesting is the N19.9 billion budget that President Buhari and his coteries in the Presidency would spend in the coming year.

The most scandalous part of the Budget is what a commentator on social media described as follows:
“N1.75 billion for President Muhammadu Buhari’s feeding in 2016 is a direct attack on collective commonsense of Nigeria and a stark contrast to his promised change.

Is it not fraud for Buhari to deceive Nigeria by publicly drinking N10 Milo sachet (tea) during the Presidential election campaign? Even if Buhari is feeding Sharks, Whales and Buffaloes in Aso Rock, N1.75billion is too much for one man, when millions of Nigerians are finding it difficult to feed even once a day.

Former President Goodluck Jonathan was almost roasted for budgeting N1billion in 2011 and reducing it even to N717.3 million in 2013, N542 million in 2014 and N530 million in 2015, but Nigerians are silent on these reckless squandering by Dr. Buhari.”

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2016/01/the-deceptions-in-2016-budget/
Re: Buhari's/APC.'s Campaign Promises by Chubhie: 12:48pm On Jan 22, 2016
In the spirit of holding our leaders accountable, I suggest that this thread be pinned on the politics board to serve as a standard to rate Buhari who is well paid to do a job.

This is the time to draw a line between the oppressed and the oppressors.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari's/APC.'s Campaign Promises by anonimi: 12:06pm On Jan 25, 2016

1 Like

Re: Buhari's/APC.'s Campaign Promises by ahaika23: 12:15pm On Jan 25, 2016
But we all know he promised $1 = N 1. They said body odour transformed Nepa to phcn. seems the odour is finished!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari's/APC.'s Campaign Promises by anonimi: 9:42am On Jan 31, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5KqE0Qg8js

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3351490_why_jpeg8ac0ae6540ceecdad66286c0fe6d4afb

Thanks, Oga Firefire.
Please keep it coming and kindly mention me sir. wink
Happy Sunday.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari's/APC.'s Campaign Promises by anonimi: 1:40pm On Feb 01, 2016
Re: Buhari's/APC.'s Campaign Promises by anonimi: 2:28pm On Feb 02, 2016
Re: Buhari's/APC.'s Campaign Promises by anonimi: 2:54pm On Feb 04, 2016
Re: Buhari's/APC.'s Campaign Promises by anonimi: 3:03pm On Feb 09, 2016
Re: Buhari's/APC.'s Campaign Promises by anonimi: 8:40pm On Feb 23, 2016
Buhari Has Created Another System Of Corruption – Emir Sanusi

As many commended Emir Sanusi for his timely statement on the Nigerian economy, others however, chose to focus on a particular statement he made which many see as “carrying weight” as it suggests something quite interesting.
Sanusi while delivering a lecture on Wednesday at the 15th meetings of the joint planning board and national council on development planning in Kano, titled ‘Nigeria in search of new growth model’, has made some shocking statements which attracted commendations from economic experts, but concern to ordinary Nigerians.
He accused the Buhari led administration for indirectly following the path of recent administration on issues relating to financial fraud. He puts it as quoted below:
‘’We can always talk of the policies of the previous administration and we talk of oil subsidy and how it turned people into oil millionaires.
But we have created another set of millionaires since 2015 from foreign exchange.
‘‘The people telling the government that if you devalue people will suffer are the ones benefiting presently. They bought the dollar at N179 and price their goods at N300.The poor pay the price of a devalued currency, the rich take the profit.
“You may not like it, but that is the truth. Any system that allows you, with one telephone call, to make N1bn without investing one kobo; the system is wrong,” Sanusi added.

NIGERIANS REACT
Following this stunning revelations, Nigerians have since expressed outrage that the government which promised to fight corruption, turned out to be most corrupt itself. They also accused the Buhari administration of destroying the Nigerian economy and creating hardship for Nigerians by using scarce forex to enrich a few individuals in the name of subsidy. Below are some of the reactions we compiled.
Mrs Helen a petty trader, who spoke in hausa expressed her disappointment with the current government, she said, “All my life I’ve never seen such a cruel and heartless government like this one. Since this government came into power, things has been getting worse. Our husbands are either losing their jobs, or are not being paid for months. All we’ve been hearing is ‘be patient, be patient,’ for God sake, what would we gain if our patience took us to our early grave? While they are telling us to be patient, many have already died. Tell me, what is their benefit? Many have also become thieves even stealing cooked food just to survive. I don’t blame APC, I blame those who voted and bring this evil upon us. Now look at it, they are busy sharing our monies to themselves. God is watching!
Adamu in his own reaction, simply said, “If they like, let them eat the whole central bank. God will not leave us alone.”
Any system that allows you, with one telephone call, to make N1bn without investing one kobo; the system is wrong – SANUSI

http://igberetvnews.com/266501/buhari-has-created-another-system-of-corruption-emir-sanusi/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6497211_screenshot20171122201315_jpeg10aa21a4e00d3bd9c322c187be629513

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3431120_cdatausersdefappsappdatainternetexplorertempsavedimages3420191picsart1455886204785jpeg503a9ea978cee321112203705090d494_jpeg42f7ff794fb9c526b6223de620a8596b

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4780865_img20170115wa0000_jpeg1d8e7567925b3c58ce06da5797c6a05a
Re: Buhari's/APC.'s Campaign Promises by anonimi: 11:19am On Feb 24, 2016
Re: Buhari's/APC.'s Campaign Promises by anonimi: 12:46pm On Feb 25, 2016

Tinubu rules out alliance with CPC
MARCH 21, 2011

Prospect of a possible alliance between the Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN and Congress for Progressive Change, CPC, was dashed yesterday in Kano as the leader of the party and former governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Ahmed Bola Tinubu described CPC as parading “expired leadership.”

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/03/tinubu-rules-out-alliance-with-cpc/

hilariousdammie:
Media mogul, Dele Momodu, is super excited about Muhammadu Buhari‘s APC Presidential primary win.

He took to Instagram a few minutes ago, congratulating Buhari on the victory with picture below with inscription: “#ANewNigeria Congratulations Nigerians! The Saviour is here”

source http://naijacityhub..com/2014/12/the-saviour-is-here-dele-momodu.html

Re: Buhari's/APC.'s Campaign Promises by anonimi: 2:41pm On Mar 07, 2016
Re: Buhari's/APC.'s Campaign Promises by anonimi: 2:56pm On Mar 07, 2016
Re: Buhari's/APC.'s Campaign Promises by anonimi: 2:57pm On Mar 07, 2016
Re: Buhari's/APC.'s Campaign Promises by anonimi: 5:29am On Mar 11, 2016
Nicur:
the aim of this thread is not to Witch hunt but to remind APC government of their campaign promises to Nigerians before election!! please WE Nigerians must put pressure on them to fulfill them!! Incase they have fulfilled anyone, kindly let us know, here are the promises!!
Just in the spirit of accountability’s sake, TheCable has compiled a list of Buhari’s and APC’s promises to Nigerians, as these will undoubtedly form the stake against which the APC government would be assessed when this new tenure ends in 2019.

1. Public declaration of assets and liabilities

2. State and community policing

3. Ban on all government officials from seeking medical care abroad

4. Implementation of the National Gender Policy, including 35% of appointive positions for women

5. Revival of Ajaokuta steel company

6. Generation, transmission and distribution of at least 20,000 MW of electricity within four years and increasing to 50,000 MW with a view to achieving 24/7 uninterrupted power supply within 10 years.

7. Empowerment scheme to employ 740,000 graduates across the 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory.

8. Establishment of a free-tuition and scholarship scheme for pupils who have shown exceptional aptitude in science subjects at O/Levels to study ICT-related courses

9. 720,000 jobs by the 36 states in the federation per annum (20,000 per state)

10. Three million Jobs per year

11. [In another policy document by the APC] We will embark on vocational training, entrepreneurial and skills acquisition schemes for graduates along with the creation of a Small Business Loan Guarantee Scheme to create at least 5 million new jobs by 2019.

12. Churches and Mosques would not pay taxes under national laws, but if they engage in businesses, the businesses would pay tax.

13. Provision of allowances to the discharged but unemployed Youth Corps members for Twelve (12) months while in the skills and entrepreneurial development programme

14. Making our economy one of the fastest-growing emerging economies in the world with a real GDP growth averaging 10% annually. [In another instance, the APC promised 10-12% annual GDP growth]

15. Creation of a Social Welfare Programme of at least Five Thousand Naira (N5000) that will cater for the 25 million poorest and most vulnerable citizens upon the demonstration of children’s enrollment in school and evidence of immunisation to help promote family stability

16. Recruitment and training of at least 100,000 officers into the Nigerian police force and establish a Federal anti-terrorism agency.

17. One free meal (to include fruits) daily, for public primary school pupils

18. Building an airport in Ekiti state

19. Eradication of state of origin, replacing that with state of residence to ensure Nigerians are Nigerians first, before anything else.

20. Establishment of Crime Squad to combat terrorism, kidnapping, armed robbery, militants, ethno-religious and communal clashes nationwide

21. Working with the National Assembly towards the immediate enactment of a Whistle Blower Act

22. Economic stability for the ECOWAS nations and maintaining a strong, close and frank relationship with West Africa, South Africa, UK, USA, Canada, and other African countries

23. Establishing a conflict resolution commission to help prevent, mitigate and resolve civil conflicts within the polity.

24. All political officer holders earn only the salaries and emoluments determined and approved by the Revenue Mobilization and Fiscal Commission RMFAC.

25. Permanent peace in the Niger Delta and other conflict prone areas such as Plateau, Taraba, Bauchi, Borno and Abia.

26. As against fears in some quarters, Buhari while speaking with catholic bishops in Abuja back in February, promised not to Islamise Nigeria.

27. Nationwide sanitation plans to keep Nigeria clean

28. Preserving the independence of the Central Bank

29. Simplifying immigration process to foster faster visa processing at points of entry.

30. Special incentives to facilitate the education of the girl child

31. Full implementation of the National Identification Scheme to generate the relevant data.

32. Making Information Technology, Manufacturing, Agriculture and Entertainment key drivers of our economy

33. Balancing the economy across regions by the creation of 6 new Regional Economic Development Agencies (REDAs) to act as champions of sub-regional competitiveness

34. Putting in place a N300bn regional growth fund (average of N50bn in each geo-political region) to be managed by the REDAs.

35. Amending the Constitution and the Land Use Act to create freehold/leasehold interests in land along with matching grants for states to create a nationwide electronic land title register on a state by state basis

36. Reviving and reactivating our minimally performing Refineries to optimum capacity

37. Creating additional middle-class of at least 2 million new home owners in our first year in government and 1 million annually thereafter.

38. [In another policy document] Creating an additional middle class of at least 4 million new home owners by 2019 by enacting national mortgage single digit interest rates for purchase of owner occupier houses as well as reviewing the collateral qualification to make funding for home ownership easier, with 15 to 30 year mortgage terms.

39. Enacting a national mortgage system that will lend at single digit interest rates for purchase of owner occupier houses.

40. Injecting extra N30bn to the Agricultural sector to create more agro-allied jobs by way of loans at nominal interest rates for capital investment on medium and commercial scale cash crops.

41. You farm, government buys, guaranteeing a minimum price for selected crops and facilitate storage of agricultural products as and when necessary.

42. Creating a national infrastructural development bank to provide loans at nominal interest rates exclusively for this sector.

43. Construction of 3,000km of Superhighway including service trunks

44. Building of up to 4,800km of modern railway lines – one third to be completed by 2019

45. At least one functioning airport is available in each of the 36 states.

46. Ending gas flaring and ensuring sales of at least half of gas produce, within Nigeria

47. Speedily passing the much-delayed Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) and ensuring that local content issues are fully addressed.

48. Establishing at least six new universities of science and technology with satellite campuses in various states.

49. Establishing six centres of excellence to address the needs of special education

50. Prioritizing the reduction of the infant mortality rate by 2019 to 3%

51. Reducing maternal mortality by more than 70%

52. Reducing HIV/AIDs infection rate by 50% and other infectious diseases by 75%

53. Improving life expectancy by additional 10 years on average.

54. Increasing the number of physicians from 19 per 1000 population to 50 per 1000

55. Increasing national health expenditure per person per annum to about N50,000 (from less than N10,000 currently)

56. Increasing the quality of all federal government-owned hospitals to world class standard within five years

57. Ensuring timely payment of retirement benefits for all pensioned senior citizens and creating a poverty safety net for all aged citizens above the age of 65.

58. Amending the Constitution to require Local Governments to publish their meeting minutes, service performance data, and items of spending over N10M.

59. Requiring full disclosure in media outlets, of all government contracts over N100m prior to award and during implementation at regular interval

60. Amending the Constitution to remove immunity from prosecution for elected officers in criminal case

61. Initiating action to amend the Nigerian Constitution with a view to devolving powers, duties, and responsibilities to states in order to entrench true Federalism and the Federal spirit

62. Reforming and Strengthening the Justice System for efficient administration and dispensation of justice with the creation of special courts for accelerated hearing of corruption, drug trafficking, terrorism and similar cases of national importance

63. Establishing world-class sports academy and training institutes and ensure that Nigeria occupies a place of pride in global sports and athletics

64. Reviving the Nigerian football league and putting incentives in place to make it as competitive as other national leagues.

65. Putting in place measures to identify talents early and ensuring their participation in local and international games to enable them become professionals

66. Assisting Nollywood to fully develop into world class movie industry that can compete effectively with Hollywood and Bollywood in due course.

67. Ensuring the rights of women are protected as enshrined in our Constitution

68. Guaranteeing that women are adequately represented in government appointments and providing greater opportunities in education, job creation and economic empowerment

69. Promoting the concept of reserving a minimum number of seats in the National Assembly for women.

70. Free maternal and children healthcare services

71. Stabilizing the naira

72. Targeting up to 20% of our annual budget for this critical sector whilst making substantial investments in training quality teachers at all levels of the educational system (Some other APC policy documents had 15%)

73. Ensuring compliance with policies and measures to halt the pollution of rivers and waterways in the Niger Delta and other parts of the country

74. Adopting a holistic approach to erosion and shoreline protection across the country

75. ECOWAS currency by 2020 under Nigeria’s guidance and leadership

76. Maintaining strong, close and frank relationships within the Gulf of Guinea, the Commonwealth, South Africa and the rest of the world

77. Establishing a new special relationship with the leading emerging markets like Brazil, Russia, India and China (BRIC) and other strategic partners around the world.

78. [On Boko Haram] Government intends to commission a sociological study to determine its origins, remote and immediate causes of the movement, its sponsors, the international connexions to ensure that measures are taken to prevent a recurrence of this evil.

79. Strengthening INEC to reduce, if possible, eliminate electoral malpractices in Nigerian’s political life

80. Improving operational and legal mechanisms so that disciplinary steps are taken against proven human rights violations by the Armed Forces.

81. Free Education at primary, secondary and tertiary institutions for Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) and Education.

CULLED FROM THE CABLE
Editors’s Note: These promises were collated from the APC policy document and manifesto, Buhari’s 100 days covenant, speeches at campaign rallies and town hall meetings nationwide.
https://www.thecable.ng/documented-promises-buhari-apc-made-nigerians
Re: Buhari's/APC.'s Campaign Promises by anonimi: 8:30pm On Mar 11, 2016
Re: Buhari's/APC.'s Campaign Promises by anonimi: 9:54pm On Mar 12, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fayose's Aide Lere Olayinka's Mother Is Dead!(photos) / Nigeria’s Unity Negotiable – IYC Replies Buhari / Herdsmen: Defend Yourselves, Ohanaeze Tells Igbo - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.