Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,050 members, 7,807,152 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:23 AM

Thirteen(13) Characteristics You Need To Achieve Maturity. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Thirteen(13) Characteristics You Need To Achieve Maturity. (28454 Views)

World Record: One Man With Thirteen (13) Wives Got Them All Pregnant Same Time / Confession-by-mouth Time: What Do You Hope To Achieve Before 2015 Ends? / Dakkada - A Call To Achieve And Rise To Greatness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thirteen(13) Characteristics You Need To Achieve Maturity. by Tallesty1(m): 3:54pm On Apr 24, 2015
You know that feeling when you say/do something and someone tells you that you are Immature or that you should show maturity?

It is not a nice thing to hear tbh, but the truth is, if such statement annoys you then you are truly not a matured person because maturity refers to our ability to understand and manage our emotions, actions and thoughts. Maturity is what enables us to create the life we desire. A life filled with happiness and fulfilment.

Here are the things you should do to be a matured person.

1: You Should Be Approachable To achieve maturity you shall be easy to get along with and people should feel comfortable approaching you.

2. Be Humble: The hardest words in the English language to say are “I’m sorry” and “I was wrong”. Learn to say them. These words are growth words; they grow you as a person. There are times when you will be right in life, despite what others have said. Instead of rushing to say “I told you so,” realize that everyone has a different view of reality. You don’t need to gain satisfaction by gloating about an outcome. People will respect you when they see that you are willing to admit your mistakes, and when you are big enough to just let things go.

3. You Should Be Dependable: Maturity means dependability and coming through in a crisis. When you say you are going to do something, do everything in your power to make it happen. If you find out you cannot do something you said you were going to do, be sure to let the other party know why and explain alternative options. Get organized in life so that people learn that they can depend on you and know that when you say you will do something they can guarantee that what you say is golden.

4. Don't Be Judgemental: Variety makes the world a more beautiful place. Even when you disagree with people, don't pay attention to the need to criticise them. Instead, respect their right to their beliefs and correct them gently.

5. Have A calm demeanour It’s hard to be calm 100% of the time but you should endeavour to remain calm the majority of the time. Best decisions are made when the blood is calm

6. Seek Alternative Views on Issues When Necessary Knowing that the way things are done can always be improved, matured people expect you to willingly seek out the opinions and views of others. Don't feel threatened when people disagree with you. Pay attention to them and learn from them.

7. Pay Attention To Your Personal Growth: Meeting the challenges of tomorrow requires learning and development today. You should have a desire to learn and a thirst for knowledge. Learning and development activities should form a key part of your schedule.

8. Be Responsible For Your Actions: You should learn to take responsibility for your own life. You should understand that your current circumstances are a result of the decisions you have taken up to now. When something goes wrong, do not rush to blame others rather try to identify what you can do differently the next time and develop a plan to implement these changes.

9. Be Flexible: To achieve maturity, you should learn to see each situation as unique and you can adapt your style accordingly. Matured people don't run complaining when things go wrong, they are always in control of the situation.

10. Learn To Exercise Patience: It is true what they say: the best things in life often take time to come to fruition. You should be willing to pass up immediate pleasure or rewards and realize that sometimes the best solution to a problem is to go for the resolution that gives us long-term gain.

11. Have Knowledge and Vision: Knowledge to know that you will not always have the needed answers/solution to a problem and Vision so that once you identify the problem, you can visualise a solution and research the best way to implement that solution.

12. Have a Sense of Humour: You don’t have to take yourself too seriously. You should be able to enjoy a good laugh with friends and colleagues, even when you are the butt of the joke.

13. Talk Less and Do More: Don't be a talker, be a doer! So many people have good intentions but they never follow through on them. To achieve maturity you should learn not to spend your entire life thinking of all the ways you can do things and then end up doing nothing.

BRBgrin

145 Likes 37 Shares

Re: Thirteen(13) Characteristics You Need To Achieve Maturity. by Nobody: 3:57pm On Apr 24, 2015
it is not the hearer but the doer will be justified

3 Likes

Re: Thirteen(13) Characteristics You Need To Achieve Maturity. by MizMyColi(f): 3:58pm On Apr 24, 2015
sad
I still have a long way to go.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thirteen(13) Characteristics You Need To Achieve Maturity. by Nobody: 3:59pm On Apr 24, 2015
u are a girl you dont needto mature
MizMyColi:
sad

11 Likes

Re: Thirteen(13) Characteristics You Need To Achieve Maturity. by MizMyColi(f): 4:01pm On Apr 24, 2015
hopelink1:

What are you saying now?
Swwerve Biko!angry

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thirteen(13) Characteristics You Need To Achieve Maturity. by Nobody: 4:03pm On Apr 24, 2015
you are a girl , you dont need to mature
MizMyColi:

What are you saying now?
Swwerve Biko!angry
biko
Re: Thirteen(13) Characteristics You Need To Achieve Maturity. by Mynd44: 4:03pm On Apr 24, 2015
Don't you people get tired?
Re: Thirteen(13) Characteristics You Need To Achieve Maturity. by Tallesty1(m): 4:05pm On Apr 24, 2015
MizMyColi:
sad
^^^That is maturity

12 Likes

Re: Thirteen(13) Characteristics You Need To Achieve Maturity. by MizMyColi(f): 4:07pm On Apr 24, 2015
grin
Tallesty1:

^^^That is maturity

2 Likes

Re: Thirteen(13) Characteristics You Need To Achieve Maturity. by Tallesty1(m): 4:07pm On Apr 24, 2015
Mynd44:
Tired of what sir?
Re: Thirteen(13) Characteristics You Need To Achieve Maturity. by Isaacmacdon(m): 4:11pm On Apr 24, 2015
Yeah... op z right... U'd see an immature person calling oda ppl immature... its so strange

1 Like

Re: Thirteen(13) Characteristics You Need To Achieve Maturity. by leshluap(m): 4:14pm On Apr 24, 2015
you should have money too.

2 Likes

Re: Thirteen(13) Characteristics You Need To Achieve Maturity. by chibwike(m): 4:25pm On Apr 24, 2015
Mynd44:
You left all those dumb topics that are littered over this section...and came to ask this kind of question here.....

9 Likes

Re: Thirteen(13) Characteristics You Need To Achieve Maturity. by Nobody: 6:26pm On Apr 24, 2015
chibwike:
You left all those dumb topics that are littered over this section...and came to ask this kind of question here.....

in other words, he is not mature

5 Likes

Re: Thirteen(13) Characteristics You Need To Achieve Maturity. by PROCTOR: 9:22pm On Apr 24, 2015
Great write up bro

it's so sorry stuffs like this hardly makes fp

1 Like

Re: Thirteen(13) Characteristics You Need To Achieve Maturity. by Tallesty1(m): 12:38pm On Apr 25, 2015
PROCTOR:
Great write up bro

it's so sorry stuffs like this hardly makes fp
True that but I know of a great guy that will take it there.
Re: Thirteen(13) Characteristics You Need To Achieve Maturity. by Epathra(f): 1:23pm On Apr 25, 2015
Working on no 4.
Re: Thirteen(13) Characteristics You Need To Achieve Maturity. by Nobody: 1:28pm On Apr 25, 2015
hopelink1:

Chauvinism is a sign of immaturity.

2 Likes

Re: Thirteen(13) Characteristics You Need To Achieve Maturity. by Saucekide25(m): 1:28pm On Apr 25, 2015
Noted
Re: Thirteen(13) Characteristics You Need To Achieve Maturity. by pretydiva(f): 1:28pm On Apr 25, 2015
Nice write up op..God help me 2 improve on myself
Re: Thirteen(13) Characteristics You Need To Achieve Maturity. by Nobody: 1:28pm On Apr 25, 2015
Thank goodness they are only 13, and not 14 undecided

2 Likes

Re: Thirteen(13) Characteristics You Need To Achieve Maturity. by Nikapetrelli(f): 1:28pm On Apr 25, 2015
Make i watch this movie finish frist,then i will be back
Re: Thirteen(13) Characteristics You Need To Achieve Maturity. by MrBasketball: 1:31pm On Apr 25, 2015
Number 2: Humble doesn't mean you should seed to people when they are wrong, that means u are displeasing yourself to please them and that might make u look like a f00l in some people's presence.

2 Likes

Re: Thirteen(13) Characteristics You Need To Achieve Maturity. by Maczeelly(m): 1:31pm On Apr 25, 2015
Noted!!!!!!!
Re: Thirteen(13) Characteristics You Need To Achieve Maturity. by Nobody: 1:32pm On Apr 25, 2015
MizMyColi:
sad

me too.
We are not mature cry

2 Likes

Re: Thirteen(13) Characteristics You Need To Achieve Maturity. by guruvick(m): 1:32pm On Apr 25, 2015
So true
Re: Thirteen(13) Characteristics You Need To Achieve Maturity. by canalily(m): 1:32pm On Apr 25, 2015
I have all these even maturity and maintained them after maturation naaundecided
Re: Thirteen(13) Characteristics You Need To Achieve Maturity. by magabounce(m): 1:34pm On Apr 25, 2015
ok o
Re: Thirteen(13) Characteristics You Need To Achieve Maturity. by ignis: 1:35pm On Apr 25, 2015
I got all these qualities. ..
What else?
Re: Thirteen(13) Characteristics You Need To Achieve Maturity. by johnshagb(m): 1:35pm On Apr 25, 2015
goofyone:
Thank goodness they are only 13, and not 14 undecided

Hehehehehe.

OP, you left out rich. A loaded 16 years old guy is mature enough for naija babes

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

'Even In Heaven You Are Still A Sailor'; Friends Mourn Death Of Soldier. Photos / TVC’s Morayo Afolabi-brown Appointed Managing Director Of TVC Entertainment / Are You Terrorized?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.