Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,447 members, 7,808,598 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:01 PM

Outrage After South African Minister Denied Entry To Israel - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Outrage After South African Minister Denied Entry To Israel (46382 Views)

Ayanda Mabulu's Painting Of Mandela & Zuma Having Sex Causes Outrage (Pics) / British Muslim Teacher Denied Entry To US On School Trip / Women Kneeling Before A White Man In Uganda. Photo Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Outrage After South African Minister Denied Entry To Israel by kayalla(f): 9:36am On Apr 25, 2015
they never see anything yet.
Re: Outrage After South African Minister Denied Entry To Israel by Parolee: 10:40am On Apr 25, 2015
kayalla:
they never see anything yet.

What is it that we have never seen as yet?
Re: Outrage After South African Minister Denied Entry To Israel by itriumph(m): 11:20am On Apr 25, 2015
Ozigbondu:
lsreal is simply afraid of their xenophobic disease.SA is now abandoned everywhere and they better not cry to African Union.They should weep to that their zulu king since they love his words so much.

Thanks to lsrael for making that savage country know how it feels to be rejected.God bless israel

I guess they are now aware of how it feels being rejected,they now feel the pinch of the shoe.
Re: Outrage After South African Minister Denied Entry To Israel by azonto4real(m): 11:30am On Apr 25, 2015
DO ME I DO U e no dey pain obenwe! grin grin grin
Re: Outrage After South African Minister Denied Entry To Israel by kayalla(f): 11:44am On Apr 25, 2015
Parolee:

What is it that we have never seen as yet?
who is u?
Re: Outrage After South African Minister Denied Entry To Israel by neocortex: 12:41pm On Apr 25, 2015
Contrary to what many might think, this rejection of SA by Israel has nothing to do with SA xenophobic leanings , it is because of SA support for the Palestinians. Netanyahu could care less who loves or hate them self in Africa so long as his Israeli-Palestinian policies are not challenged.
Re: Outrage After South African Minister Denied Entry To Israel by erumena(m): 12:55pm On Apr 25, 2015
erudyt:
Lol see the people talking about boycott, every African countries should shut their doors to these barbarians. So y'all can be pained like this?

My younger brother had only spent 2 weeks in SA when he started telling me how baised they are towards other Africans. I recalled during the 2010 World Cup in their studio when they were running other African qualified Nations down, they never had any good word to speak about Nigeria, that's when I realised how much this people detest other African Nation. They've not seen anything yet. With our sweat and blood we fought against apartheid for your sake (SA) and you dare pay us back with killing and rejection, you will receive worse treatment from the World till you (SA) come crawling!

1 Like

Re: Outrage After South African Minister Denied Entry To Israel by Parolee: 1:34pm On Apr 25, 2015
kayalla:

who is u?

Why do u care who I am - just answer the damn question....what is it that we have never seen yet?

By the way I don't care who you are just answer the question...
Re: Outrage After South African Minister Denied Entry To Israel by Israel5(m): 3:14pm On Apr 25, 2015
Ozigbondu:
lsreal is simply afraid of their xenophobic disease.SA is now abandoned everywhere and they better not cry to African Union.They should weep to that their zulu king since they love his words so much.

Thanks to lsrael for making that savage country know how it feels to be rejected.God bless israel
amen nd amen!
Re: Outrage After South African Minister Denied Entry To Israel by panafrican(m): 3:20pm On Apr 25, 2015
Let's not mix the pieces of wood because this visa being denied is not about he current xenophobic issues in South Africa. It is about the same old Israeli-Palestinian problem.
Re: Outrage After South African Minister Denied Entry To Israel by Gbadebo01(m): 8:37pm On Apr 25, 2015
mascot87:
Sebi them no want people in their country so what are d fools looking for in other peoples country? The world should regect South Africans totally. idiots
thank you my brother
Re: Outrage After South African Minister Denied Entry To Israel by 14(m): 9:17pm On Apr 25, 2015
emmatok:
The Israelites are doing these because of the Palestinian links, not for the Genocide happening in SA.

Tell these mofoss who are trying to divert the topic.
Re: Outrage After South African Minister Denied Entry To Israel by Nobody: 9:21pm On Apr 25, 2015
14:

Tell these mofoss who are trying to divert the topic.
Nobody is saying it is because of the xenophobic attacks. It's a sign of good things at the moment and to come for African revenge.
Re: Outrage After South African Minister Denied Entry To Israel by 14(m): 11:42pm On Apr 25, 2015
all4naija:
Nobody is saying it is because of the xenophobic attacks. It's a sign of good things at the moment and to come for African revenge.

who cares? it would ve been nice if the rejection was from any african country, then wecwoukd do the same to them.
Re: Outrage After South African Minister Denied Entry To Israel by rabzy: 12:13am On Apr 26, 2015
SirShymexx:

I'm not even interested in debating the history of Yisrael with you - your depth on the subject-matter has been laid bare, and you're too shallow for me to engage.

However, how many Ethiopian Jews are recognised as proper Israelis? Why are they segregated in the same country that's also meant to be their "homeland" and mostly used for scientific guinea pigs for all kinds of ridiculous experiments? Why are their women sterilised intentionally/maliciously, to control their population?

For you to laud the most racist country on planet, over some overblown issue caused by natural sense-of-entitlement Vs. forced sense-of-entitlement, just shows a lot of you still have a long way to go. I don't even think most African countries can put up with what South Africa has done for a lot of Africans. That's still a very young country with a lot of baggage. You lot never allowed them to fix themselves, before becoming an appendage to them. So, when things get as vicious as they're now, you don't get vindictive calling them all kinds of names, when you're not better than them. You have to use ya brains and engage/dialogue on how to maintain mutual respect, and co-existence if you want to live there. Most of you are just savages, with mucus for brain matter, and you think you're entitled to everything everywhere, and that's why you always get killed like rats.

Look at the person talking about mutual respect and you can't string tow sentences together without series of expletives. I won't go to that low sink of quagmire with you and debase myself. You can wallow in such cesspit alone.
What barometer did you use to label israel as the most racist country. Go to mali, mauretania and see where light skinned semi-arab desert dwellers still maintain black slaves, go to the middle east and see slavery in all its forms. Some Israelis conducted a clandestine illegal opns on ethiopian Israelis and when it came out, it was condemned by all and sundry in Israel. But a lot of pple in SA are openly supporting this madness. The idiots that killed lucky dube said they thot he was a Nigerian. That is the kind of mind these bastards have. What history of Israel do you want to tell me, don't even go there, you would absolutely be out of your depths. Mind you, britain also supported apartheid, so a lot of western world never wanted black SA to live as a full citizen except their African friends that stood by them. Now we are the enemies. A lot of countries have done experimentation on pple, the nazis, the Americans but they do it on pple of other races. The SAs are not experimenting to gain any knowledge but are just savagely attacking pple of their own race. For me that is worse than experimentation. Can you please list what they have done for other African countries, I really want to know. If its migrants forget it. For evry Nigerian in SA, there are 10 in Ghana, for Nigerian in Ghana, there is a 1000 from Niger, Chad, Togo and Benin in Nigeria and they are in our retail biz, construction, food biz etc. So don't tell us any migrant job bulshit story.

1 Like

Re: Outrage After South African Minister Denied Entry To Israel by SirShymexx: 5:45am On Apr 26, 2015
[s]
rabzy:

Look at the person talking about mutual respect and you can't string tow sentences together without series of expletives. I won't go to that low sink of quagmire with you and debase myself. You can wallow in such cesspit alone.
What barometer did you use to label israel as the most racist country. Go to mali, mauretania and see where light skinned semi-arab desert dwellers still maintain black slaves, go to the middle east and see slavery in all its forms. Some Israelis conducted a clandestine illegal opns on ethiopian Israelis and when it came out, it was condemned by all and sundry in Israel. But a lot of pple in SA are openly supporting this madness. The idiots that killed lucky dube said they thot he was a Nigerian. That is the kind of mind these bastards have. What history of Israel do you want to tell me, don't even go there, you would absolutely be out of your depths. Mind you, britain also supported apartheid, so a lot of western world never wanted black SA to live as a full citizen except their African friends that stood by them. Now we are the enemies. A lot of countries have done experimentation on pple, the nazis, the Americans but they do it on pple of other races. The SAs are not experimenting to gain any knowledge but are just savagely attacking pple of their own race. For me that is worse than experimentation. Can you please list what they have done for other African countries, I really want to know. If its migrants forget it. For evry Nigerian in SA, there are 10 in Ghana, for Nigerian in Ghana, there is a 1000 from Niger, Chad, Togo and Benin in Nigeria and they are in our retail biz, construction, food biz etc. So don't tell us any migrant job bulshit story.
[/s]

Stark illiterate, you can barely even spell, and your sentence construction and grammar are secondary school level at best.

GTFOH - you insulted me, and I returned the favour - but trust a stark illiterate bonobo from Nigeria to always play that nauseating victim mentality. Just sod off, ya IQ reducing post is toxic.

1 Like

Re: Outrage After South African Minister Denied Entry To Israel by Nobody: 6:13am On Apr 26, 2015
WHAT SA IS TRYING TO DO IS TO TAP INTO THE ARAB SYMPATHY FOR THE PALESTINIAN CAUSE AS A DIVERSIONARY MEASURE TO TAKE THE PRESSURE OF IT FOR ITS ACROPHOBIC NATURE! HOWEER ISRAEL READ THROUGH THEIR PLANS AND COUNTERED BY NOT GIVING THEM ANY CHANCE! BELIEVE YOU ME IF THEY HAD BEEN LET IN UNDER A WEEK YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN HEARING OF FRESH UNREST IN PALESTINIAN!!

THE EARTHQUAKE IN NEPAL HAS ALREADY STARTED TAKING THE FOCUS OFF SA
Re: Outrage After South African Minister Denied Entry To Israel by rabzy: 11:58am On Apr 26, 2015
SirShymexx:
[s][/s]

Stark illiterate, you can barely even spell, and your sentence construction and grammar are secondary school level at best.

GTFOH - you insulted me, and I returned the favour - but trust a stark illiterate bonobo from Nigeria to always play that nauseating victim mentality. Just sod off, ya IQ reducing post is toxic.

Secondary school kids are not stark illiterate prof. Stop contradicting yourself. Its obvious you'v got nothing to say. You need help with the madness you are exhibiting. Its obvious you prefer the company of the bonobos and other apes you'v been living with.
Re: Outrage After South African Minister Denied Entry To Israel by BabatundeGPD(m): 12:05pm On Apr 26, 2015
Xenophobic Attack: The South Africa Experience

Babatunde Adedapo Godpassdem
Undergraduate student of the department of Political science and International Studies, Ahmadu Bello University Zaria, Kaduna state, Nigeria.

Abstract: Xenophobic is an excessive and irritation fear of anything foreign. Combing the Greek word “xenos” foreign with “phobos” fear. This fear is most often of foreign people, places or object. People who are xenophobic may display fear or even anger toward others who are foreign. Xenophobic is a destructive and reactionary force wherever it is found. It has occurred in places such as France, Indonesia, India and South Africa.

The discussion of this paper will concentrate on the historical development of xenophobic attack in south Africa, causes of xenophobic violence, it effects, recommendation to put an end to xenophobic attack, as well as a reminder to South African of the impact of African nations to free them from the apartheid regime. It is expected that the paper will shed light on why xenophobic attack must be stopped in the world, South Africa inclusively.

INTRODUCTION

The wind is shrinking day by day, not physically but through international integration and interaction. With this, the world is becoming a global village. The world has become one big global society with both possibility and problems. Specifically, xenophobic attack in South Africa.

In the South Africa, foreigners, especially black foreigners have come to be perceived as a direct threat to the future economic health of the country. They are seen to be taking advantages of the generosity of public services, while diligently drawing away the economy for their own selfish survival. There is a belief that socio economic burden created by the influx of African migrants is unsustainable.

HISTORICAL DEVELOPMENT OF XENOPHOBIC ATTACK IN SOUTH AFRICA

South Africa is one of Africa’s most culturally diverse nations with 11 official languages, and 5 racial groups. Which include black African, white, coloured, Indian and Asian. According to the last census in 2013, South Africa is also the home to nationals from 53 African countries, giving the country a wide range of ethnic variety than the rest of the continent.

Prior to 1994, immigrants from elsewhere faced discrimination and even violence in South Africa. After democratization in 1994, contrary to the expectation, the incidence of xenophobic increased.

Between 2000, and March 2008, at least 67 people died in what was identified as xenophobic attacks. In may 2008, a series of riots left 62 people dead; although 21 of those killed were south African, the attack were apparently motivated by xenophobia.

In 2015, another nationwide spike in xenophobic attacks against immigrants in general, amid mass looting and destruction of foreign owned homes, property and businesses, as well as killing of innocent foreign nationals across the country.

CAUSES OF XENOPHOBIC ATTACK

The causes of xenophobic violence have attributed to various historical, social, and economic factors. One of the most frequently cited explanation of the incidence of xenophobia in South Africa is apartheid, as a result of the discriminatory attitudes learned during the apartheid regime.

Moreover, South Africa xenophobia has also been explained by the rate of socio economic inequality in the country. This is as a result of the emergence of the global society by the forces of globalization, where foreign nationals compete with the poorest South African for economic gains.

Also, the country’s immigration policies are also blamed for aggravating the problem. For instance, it is estimated that about 50,000 Somalis have fled to South Africa since their home country erupted into civil war in 1991.

Further, citing the argument of Aurelia Wa kabwe Segatti and Loren B.Laudau in their book “migration in Postaparthied South Africa : Challenges and Questions to Policy Makers”. The causes of xenophobic attack are as follows:

First, there is a lack of trusted and effective conflict resolution mechanism within these locations. These is based on the ideology “ the law is forgetting us so soon, we will also forget the law”.

Secondly, there is a culture of impunity that makes people who attack foreign nationals feel that there will be no negative consequences for them.

Finally, there is a political vacuum or competition for community leadership, so that unofficial, legitimate and often violence forms of leadership emerge. Such leaders then mobilize residents of the area against foreign nationals in order to strength their own power base.

For instance, according to south African media reports, zulu king Goodwill Zwelithini called for the deportation of foreigners from the neighbouring countries, saying it was unacceptable for locals to compete with people from other countries for the few economic opportunity available.

EFFECTS OF XENOPHOBIC ATTACK

The recent xenophobic attacks do not only have an immense negative effect on South Africa’s economy but will also interrupt or cut off the growth of local companies in their efforts to expand into other African countries.

According to a report by PWC, more South African companies are either already expanding or considering the expansion of their business operations across Africa. The report also states that foreign multinational companies seeking to invest in Africa are more likely to use South Africa as a base to ‘explore’ business opportunities in other African countries.

These recent attack are threatening to undo the repair done after similar attacks in 2008 and have the potential of further lowering foreign investor confidence not only in relation to South Africa but the Africa continent as a whole.

Moreover, these attacks on foreigners (who are also the owner of most small business operation) will hinder the government’s plan and negatively impact employment projection.

INCASE SOUTH AFRICANS HAS FORGOTTEN SO SOON

South Africans have to remain cognisant of the fact that Africa countries united to fight against the apartheid regime and that it was through their support that South Africa attained its liberation in 1994.

In 1961, the Organisation for African unity (OAU) now the AU, under Pan-Africanist kwame Nkrumah imposed sanctions which closed Africa’s harbour and airports to south Africa because of the atrocities committed by the apartheid regime.

Moreover, neighbouring nations such as Nigeria, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Malawi, Botswana, Tanzania and Namibia supported South Africa’s liberation movements as they hosted South African exiles and the country owes much of its freedom to the support provided by other African nations during this period.

CONCLUSIONS

Every form of xenophobic attack or violence is cause as a result of concentrating on our differences as being ‘foreign’. The ability to accommodate these differences and concentrate on our commonality and keeping focus of our goal as a united African will be the best for us and the generation unborn.

It is sad and heartbroken that south Africa nationals are welcomed in other African countries, yet the same courtesy is not being accorded to foreign nationals in South Africa. The world is watching in ‘horror’ as a people that were once segregated and victimised for being different are now the perpetrators of violence against migrants in South Africa.

Africans lets stand in ‘solidarity’ and say no to xenophobia, ‘we need to realise that everyone is a foreigner in this global society’.

REFRENCES:
Aurelia , louren, 2008. “migration in postaparthied south Africa : challenges and questions to policy makers”. Paris: agence Française de developpement.
Lynette cheu, 2015. “Regressive effects of xenophobia to south Africa’s economic growth”.NEPAD business foundation.
Auxilia katongomara, 2015. “zulu king fuels sa xenophobia”. http://www.chronicle.co.zw/zulu-king-fuels-sa-xenophobia/.
Khadija patel, may 28, 2013.”analysis: the ugly truth behind sa’s xenophobic violence”. http://www.dialymauverick.co.za/article/2o13-05-28-analysis-the -ugly-truth-behind-sas-xenophobic-violence/vts47f2t-08.
The psychology dictionary. “what is xenophobia”. http://psychology.about.com/od/xindex/g/xenophobia.htm.
Re: Outrage After South African Minister Denied Entry To Israel by Nobody: 3:50pm On Apr 26, 2015
14:

who cares? it would ve been nice if the rejection was from any african country, then wecwoukd do the same to them.
Nonsense! As if South Africa matters in the world! Who even gives a hoot about that smelling Townships nation?! Jeez! angry angry angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Malian & Burkinabe Troops Arrive Niger Amidst Cheers From Nigeriens / Hillary Clinton Casts Her Vote In The Ongoing US Presidential Election / Rat Is Tied Up And Publicly Shamed For 'stealing Rice' In China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.