Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,739 members, 7,802,240 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:26 AM

My Sour Experience With Shippyme.com - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Sour Experience With Shippyme.com (1285 Views)

My Experience With A Corporate Begger / My Bad Experience with a branch of Access Bank / If You Are Ever Thinking Of Using Shippyme For Your Business, Please Think Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Sour Experience With Shippyme.com by Alonu(m): 4:52pm On Apr 24, 2015
Since i got introduced to using shippyme sometime last year apart from the 1st ahipment every other one has been one story or the other. This last one has just been so ridiculous. They received my items from amazon in their U.S adress and notified me via email on the 25th of january 2015. the next day being the 26th of january, i paid for them to be shipped... I picked up some items on the 16th of February with an explanation from them that the next items will come with their next shipment. And from them till now its been all sorts of stories. Their misinformed customer care representatives keep telling me my items have been assigned to a batch and it would land in nigeria on Friday.. This is the story i have been hearing week in week out since the end of february. At some point i sent them a mail and the promised to get back to me in 24 hours or refund my money but till now nothing has been heard. I called them. On wednesday the 22nd of April and my items are. Still assigned to a batch. I am writting this to let fellow nairalanders know my predicament. I have attached proof in screenshots. S1411243361 is the booking number.

Re: My Sour Experience With Shippyme.com by Nobody: 5:01pm On Apr 24, 2015
You're even lucky you got some of your items after 1 month.... me, I had to wait for almost 3 months after paying. I complained, shouted and went to their Ikeja office to fight them before I was even attended to

I created a topic on that matter and their customer care tried to come here and defend them. Anyone using those guys is on a long thing.
Re: My Sour Experience With Shippyme.com by frisky2good(m): 8:15am On Apr 25, 2015
It's so difficult to understand why a company that has all the recipe for success will INTENTIONALLY want to fail. There is no reason why shippyme should be having so many unsatisfied customers. Even if we are to believe all the testimonials on their website, the number of unsatisfied customers on Nairaland is just too many. How do peoples goods get lost and no one will be able to give any reasonable explanation as to where / how it actually got lost? Is it the carriers they use that are incompetent or is it the shippyme workers? I believe something is not right about the company and I will just give a brief summary of my reason. Most serious shipping companies assign packages to batches. Shippyme claims they do this. Each batch is then packed together on pallets or barrels. I don't know if shippyme does this. Now, if one person's package gets lost, that means one whole pallet or barrel has been lost in transit (with all the packages in that batch) which is a very unlikely situation. No carrier will tell you that kind of rubbish. I have attached pictures of shipping barrels and a pallet with boxes loaded on it to show that it is not something that can just get lost or easy to tamper with and steal one phone or Ipad. If shippyme claims that OPs items were attached to the same batch, how did one item get lost and the others found their way to Nigeria? IT IS NOT POSSIBLE! OP probably did not insure the package and that's why something happened to it because insured packages have a funny way of always getting to Nigeria safely with shippyme. Only uninsured ones get lost, damaged, sent to Dubai then back to US to be reassigned to another batch, stolen by a member of their staff............................ the possibilities are endless. The owner of this company should buckle up because there are other companies that do this same business without any trouble. They ship goods once a week (Fridays) and it gets to Nigeria by Monday. By Wednesday customs clearance is completed. Shippyme claims they ship twice a week but packages spend more than 2 weeks in transit.

1 Share

Re: My Sour Experience With Shippyme.com by Alonu(m): 7:19pm On Apr 25, 2015
Its really disheartening. I am sure if i call them now it will be another story.
Re: My Sour Experience With Shippyme.com by Alonu(m): 10:19pm On Apr 28, 2015
they haven't still contacted me.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Many Nigerians Dislike The Business Called Network Marketing / 5 Trending Businesses For 2016 / Creating Businesses Across The Lpg Value Chain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.