Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,829 members, 7,806,329 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:52 PM

GLO Payu(pay As You Use) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / GLO Payu(pay As You Use) (37212 Views)

Who Else Got D GLO PAYU 100gb Data / How Much Mobile Data Do You Use And What Do You Pay For It? / Please, How Do I Stop MTN Payu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GLO Payu(pay As You Use) by Nobody: 5:26pm On Apr 24, 2015
can smbody explain more on this plan pls

Re: GLO Payu(pay As You Use) by lomprico(m): 5:46pm On Apr 24, 2015
How old are you?

2 Likes

Re: GLO Payu(pay As You Use) by Nobody: 5:56pm On Apr 24, 2015
lomprico:
How old are you?
lol is that an ans
Re: GLO Payu(pay As You Use) by dominique(f): 6:15pm On Apr 24, 2015
That's very good of glo to give you the options of browsing on PAYU. The other greedy networks will start zapping out of your airtime the moment your data runs out. Glo would have been my network of choice if not for their unstable signals.

1 Like

Re: GLO Payu(pay As You Use) by Nobody: 6:22pm On Apr 24, 2015
snrman:
can smbody explain more on this plan pls
what this means is that you're charge 5/kb (kilobyte ) . if you browse and you spend 5000kb you pay N250 (0.05 * 5000). But If you buy bundle data from them it's 1/kb that's 0.01*10000(10mb) :N100. whereas if you browse with same kilobyte you pay N500 (10,000*0.05 to give N500 ). the best is to buy bundle from them since it's cheaper
Re: GLO Payu(pay As You Use) by Nobody: 6:36pm On Apr 24, 2015
dominique:
That's very good of glo to give you the options of browsing on PAYU. The other greedy networks will start zapping out of your airtime the moment your data runs out. Glo would have been my network of choice if not for their unstable signals.
All the service providers charge pay as use on browsing. They charge 5/kb to browse. Airtel charge 1.5 /mb from 6a.m to 10p.m and 1/mb from 10p.m to 6a.m from your data bundle. If you browse and use 3mb during the day, you are charged 3*1.5 to give 4.5 mb instead of 3mb which is 1*3 during off peak period. so your zapping is only at day time. If so many applications are running especially background you will be charged at that rate
Re: GLO Payu(pay As You Use) by MARKone(m): 6:40pm On Apr 24, 2015
dominique:

At N51, per MB. It is suicidal for anybody to browse at that rate.

1 Like

Re: GLO Payu(pay As You Use) by dominique(f): 6:47pm On Apr 24, 2015
MARKone:

At N51, per MB. It is suicidal for anybody to browse at that rate.

But according to the screenshot Op posted, the internet connection has been disconnected. You can only opt into payu on your own to continue browsing. Other network don't do this, they start charging you from your airtime the moment you run out of data.
Re: GLO Payu(pay As You Use) by Nobody: 7:05pm On Apr 24, 2015
asuustrike2009:

All the service providers charge pay as use on browsing. They charge 5/kb to browse. Airtel charge 1.5 /mb from 6a.m to 10p.m and 1/mb from 10p.m to 6a.m from your data bundle. If you browse and use 3mb during the day, you are charged 3*1.5 to give 4.5 mb instead of 3mb which is 1*3 during off peak period. so your zapping is only at day time. If so many applications are running especially background you will be charged at that rate
tank u very much sir
Re: GLO Payu(pay As You Use) by Baeklee: 4:30am On Nov 25, 2016
How do you cancel it pls... cry
Re: GLO Payu(pay As You Use) by Youngpo413: 6:50am On Nov 25, 2016
dominique:
they don't do that anymore, airtel or mtn, once your data finishes, it stops browsing automatically, though I don't know about Etisalat since I won't have anything to do with them. Maybe it's just me.
Re: GLO Payu(pay As You Use) by dominique(f): 8:35am On Nov 25, 2016
Youngpo413:
they don't do that anymore, airtel or mtn, once your data finishes, it stops browsing automatically, though I don't know about Etisalat since I won't have anything to do with them. Maybe it's just me.

Yeah, airtel doesn't do that anymore. I'm not sure about Etisalat though.
Re: GLO Payu(pay As You Use) by GrandMufti: 11:07am On Nov 25, 2016
dominique:

Etisalat won't inform you. They'll just drink your data like small stout

1 Like

Re: GLO Payu(pay As You Use) by dominique(f): 6:17pm On Nov 25, 2016
GrandMufti:

Etisalat won't inform you. They'll just drink your data like small stout

Rofl@ small stout. Their data is fast but they're the meanest and stingiest network of all.
Re: GLO Payu(pay As You Use) by Friedyokes: 12:11am On Nov 26, 2016
Baeklee:
How do you cancel it pls... cry
subscribe to a data plan and it automatically cancels
Re: GLO Payu(pay As You Use) by GrandMufti: 1:32am On Nov 26, 2016
dominique:

Rofl@ small stout. Their data is fast but they're the meanest and stingiest network of all.

True.. They use to be generous with data and talk time, I don't know what came over them
Re: GLO Payu(pay As You Use) by dantejakes: 1:32pm On Nov 29, 2016
Pls i saw this message yesterday night , surprisingly Glo gave me 1022 gigabytes as a PAYU data which is confusing can someone please explain what is going on?

Re: GLO Payu(pay As You Use) by dustmalik: 1:39pm On Nov 29, 2016
dantejakes:
Pls i saw this message yesterday night , surprisingly Glo gave me 1022 gigabytes as a PAYU data which is confusing can someone please explain what is going on?
That's one terabyte of data. Have you tried browsing with it?
Re: GLO Payu(pay As You Use) by Segunagagu(m): 8:32am On Dec 01, 2016
I sent PAYU to 127 and it gave me this. .wat does it mean.how will I be able to use PAYU. .I prefer that

Re: GLO Payu(pay As You Use) by Youngpo413: 12:06pm On Dec 01, 2016
dominique:

I never knew that it was an old thread, my apologies for the mention.
Re: GLO Payu(pay As You Use) by Hydronium(m): 10:26am On Dec 19, 2016
dantejakes:
I experienced this last night and I'm still checking it out.

(1) (Reply)

Solution To Certificate Not On SIM Or Phone For Nokia Phones / Evolution Of Phone Size In Nearest Future (picture) / Innjoo Note Pro Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.