Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,364 members, 7,808,270 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

Advice Needed: Is Whogohost.com The Best Nigeria Web Hosting Provider - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Advice Needed: Is Whogohost.com The Best Nigeria Web Hosting Provider (13282 Views)

Which Is Preferable; Whogohost Or Web4africa? / WHOGOHOST: Why I Will Never Use A Nigerian Host Again / What Are The Challenges Faced By Nigeria Web Hosting companies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice Needed: Is Whogohost.com The Best Nigeria Web Hosting Provider by musicwriter(m): 11:49am On Apr 25, 2015
SpringWebHost:
Hi,

From your post I know you have limited knowledge of how the website hosting services work. For clarification sake, we do not have hosting servers in Nigeria and non in Africa at the moment.

What we do here is, we resell web hosting services of those guys abroad. Before we started the hosting business, we've tried some Nigerian host and they were pure mess until I met a hosting company called www.syskay.com. The owner is a great guy with a wealth of knowledge about website hosting.

Sorry, I'm talking about .ng domains not .com. Not even .com.ng
Re: Advice Needed: Is Whogohost.com The Best Nigeria Web Hosting Provider by Nobody: 12:11pm On Apr 25, 2015
No way, who said they are the best? Godaddy is the best, just do an opinion poll and you would see.
Re: Advice Needed: Is Whogohost.com The Best Nigeria Web Hosting Provider by SpringWebHost: 12:24pm On Apr 25, 2015
Ok. There is a group called ICANN (The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers), it is responsible for allotting country code (ccTLD) Top-Level Domains.

In plain terms, ICANN, a foreign organization is responsible for the .ng allocation to Nigeria and the servers for the .ng are not located in Nigeria. Before you can propose a domain name extension(eg .ng, .anything), you must be a government or some big shot with millions of dollars to spend to acquire the status of a default registrant of such domain extension.

In a nutshell, we do not have servers in Nigeria.

musicwriter:

Sorry, I'm talking about .ng domains not .com. Not even .com.ng
Re: Advice Needed: Is Whogohost.com The Best Nigeria Web Hosting Provider by SpringWebHost: 12:26pm On Apr 25, 2015
Godaddy is not a Nigerian company, just do an opinion poll and you would see. grin grin grin grin

lestat:
No way, who said they are the best? Godaddy is the best, just do an opinion poll and you would see.
Re: Advice Needed: Is Whogohost.com The Best Nigeria Web Hosting Provider by Engineer1985(m): 12:38pm On Apr 25, 2015
I dnt trust Nigerian stuff. I use arvixe and their customer care is just amazing..have any problem, chart with them and in seconds your problem is resolved. They also have the best uptime record compared with other host in the world
Re: Advice Needed: Is Whogohost.com The Best Nigeria Web Hosting Provider by jimmayoy: 12:58pm On Apr 25, 2015
Re: Advice Needed: Is Whogohost.com The Best Nigeria Web Hosting Provider by musicwriter(m): 1:05pm On Apr 25, 2015
SpringWebHost:
Ok. There is a group called ICANN (The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers), it is responsible for allotting country code (ccTLD) Top-Level Domains.

In plain terms, ICANN, a foreign organization is responsible for the .ng allocation to Nigeria and the servers for the .ng are not located in Nigeria. Before you can propose a domain name extension(eg .ng, .anything), you must be a government or some big shot with millions of dollars to spend to acquire the status of a default registrant of such domain extension.

In a nutshell, we do not have servers in Nigeria.

I'm aware of all these you're talking about. My concern have been on the .ng domain, only.

I will verify this claim of yours. I don't believe our government domains like .gov.ng is hosted in foreign countries.
Re: Advice Needed: Is Whogohost.com The Best Nigeria Web Hosting Provider by niyyie(m): 1:08pm On Apr 25, 2015
Try Web4Africa for reseller web hosting and domains ....
Re: Advice Needed: Is Whogohost.com The Best Nigeria Web Hosting Provider by free2ryhme: 1:30pm On Apr 25, 2015
jimmayoy:

How?did he scam you?pls share.

must I fall mugu to an IBo man
Re: Advice Needed: Is Whogohost.com The Best Nigeria Web Hosting Provider by maipeople(m): 1:34pm On Apr 25, 2015
Bro, I do hardly make a comment on Nairaland but on your case I have to, since I have a reason to.
From my experience, Whogohost seems OK because I do subscribe to their services for more than five (5) years and I don't experience any kind of issue whatsoever with their service. I strongly recommend them for you.
Re: Advice Needed: Is Whogohost.com The Best Nigeria Web Hosting Provider by SpringWebHost: 1:40pm On Apr 25, 2015
Ok. But bear in mind...

Which company in Nigeria do you think can run, maintain server resources and technical know-hows required to have a server in Nigeria?
Do you think you could have been able to afford a .ng name considering the above?

Even at 15k or so for a .ng, people still find it difficult to register. The reason why it is so expensive compared to some other country code (ccTLD) Top-Level Domains is that, the market here is limited compared to the cost of keeping .ng active at the registry.

.gov is exclusive to government agencies as .edu is to education, you'll require some government official documents to register them. THEY ARE ALL SERVERS ABROAD...

musicwriter:

I'm aware of all these you're talking about. My concern have been on the .ng domain, only.

I will verify this claim of yours. I don't believe our government domains like .gov.ng is hosted in foreign countries.
Re: Advice Needed: Is Whogohost.com The Best Nigeria Web Hosting Provider by lawrenzoo: 1:54pm On Apr 25, 2015
Try smartweb.com.ng, Good host, affordable, cheaper than whogohost and it seems whogohost shares their platform.
PenSoftCorp:
please i want to start hosting on a nigeria hosting platform, no longer want to continue using ipage, please what company offers the best hosting service in Nigeria
Re: Advice Needed: Is Whogohost.com The Best Nigeria Web Hosting Provider by Nobody: 2:37pm On Apr 25, 2015
I don't know about them being the best but in 2 years they've never fvcked me.

I wish I could say the same for web4africa but I'm still with them sha.

My giving back to 9ja is a .ng domain hosted in Nigeria.
Re: Advice Needed: Is Whogohost.com The Best Nigeria Web Hosting Provider by lekanville: 4:47pm On Apr 25, 2015
I have about 5 sites with WhoGoHost...
Re: Advice Needed: Is Whogohost.com The Best Nigeria Web Hosting Provider by carlzy: 7:18pm On Apr 25, 2015
Web4africa

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed: Is Whogohost.com The Best Nigeria Web Hosting Provider by Nobody: 7:26pm On Apr 25, 2015
This is what i got on google
Whogohost - No.1 web
hosting company in United
States of ...
https://www​. whogohost.com/
United States of America's leading
Web Hosting and Domain
Registration company, providing
SME and reseller web ...
Re: Advice Needed: Is Whogohost.com The Best Nigeria Web Hosting Provider by fabzizy93(m): 9:29pm On Apr 25, 2015
Don't ever use a Nigerian host. they leave u stranded. take 9jahoster.com as an example. they folded up.

best hosting service now. try cloud servers from digitalocean.com
Re: Advice Needed: Is Whogohost.com The Best Nigeria Web Hosting Provider by SpringWebHost: 10:19pm On Apr 25, 2015
Businesses fold up all the time but if you could recall, 9jahoster.com offered its clients the option to move their websites before folding up. I think that was fair enough.

There are hosting firms in Nigeria with over ten years in hosting business and they are solid.

fabzizy93:
Don't ever use a Nigerian host. they leave u stranded. take 9jahoster.com as an example. they folded up.

best hosting service now. try cloud servers from digitalocean.com
Re: Advice Needed: Is Whogohost.com The Best Nigeria Web Hosting Provider by ITbomb(m): 3:04pm On May 01, 2015
any one with domainking?
Re: Advice Needed: Is Whogohost.com The Best Nigeria Web Hosting Provider by Nobody: 10:29am On Feb 11, 2016
Whogohost is the best in the country and i have been using them, they also have an excellent customer service delivery. also they are number 1
http://www.whtop.com/top.10-alexa-ranking/country-ng this is updated daily so u can keep checking
http://www.webhosting.info/web-hosting/reports/country/NGA
Re: Advice Needed: Is Whogohost.com The Best Nigeria Web Hosting Provider by Angelmichael88: 4:37pm On Feb 11, 2016
I recommend smartweb. I have 3 sites hosted with them and neva had any issues at all. Very cheap with a loaded standard package and 24/7 customer care services both email, phone call and Live chat.
Re: Advice Needed: Is Whogohost.com The Best Nigeria Web Hosting Provider by charsobodo(m): 10:39pm On Feb 11, 2016
Is whogohost.com not the same as ihostafrica.com, those ihostafrica guys are scammers they duped me of 5k plus for web hosting & domain name registration. Since August 2015 till now they never offered the services nor refunded my money. If you are not scammers pls refund back my money & win back the trust of people. Thanks
Re: Advice Needed: Is Whogohost.com The Best Nigeria Web Hosting Provider by pelij18(m): 4:25pm On Feb 12, 2016
kingthreat:
Whogohost hosts 30 of my websites. All live and kicking.
Within webhosts for me, its in between whogohost and Smartweb. The latter could just shut you down for no reason. Experienced that twice.
And you were payed to say this.
Re: Advice Needed: Is Whogohost.com The Best Nigeria Web Hosting Provider by kingthreat(m): 7:00pm On Feb 12, 2016
pelij18:
And you were payed to say this.

No, I wasn't. I'm a website developer. One of our challenges is good local hosting services. My statement was made to encourage those doing a good job. Right now i am hosting over 50 websites with whogohost and the list keeps growing.
Re: Advice Needed: Is Whogohost.com The Best Nigeria Web Hosting Provider by kingthreat(m): 7:01pm On Feb 12, 2016
charsobodo:
Is whogohost.com not the same as ihostafrica.com, those ihostafrica guys are scammers they duped me of 5k plus for web hosting & domain name registration. Since August 2015 till now they never offered the services nor refunded my money. If you are not scammers pls refund back my money & win back the trust of people. Thanks

No. Ihostafrica seems like they encountered big problem and quitted web hosting for awhile. Most of these web hosts are a one man organization, which should never be.
Re: Advice Needed: Is Whogohost.com The Best Nigeria Web Hosting Provider by fancynana(f): 7:07am On Feb 16, 2016
I am kleeqers.com is currently running on whogohost.com and this is our second year with them. Check out kleeqers.com
Re: Advice Needed: Is Whogohost.com The Best Nigeria Web Hosting Provider by Nobody: 8:52pm On Apr 10, 2016
Don't ever use whogohost. From the first day I started hosting with them on December 2015 till today, my site has been down for 20 times. It's a very terrible experience. The only good thing about whogohost is their customer services , after that, be expecting your site to be going down once in a while for an average of 30 minutes each time it goes down
Re: Advice Needed: Is Whogohost.com The Best Nigeria Web Hosting Provider by whogohost: 9:14pm On Apr 13, 2016
Jackofall:
Don't ever use whogohost. From the first day I started hosting with them on December 2015 till today, my site has been down for 20 times. It's a very terrible experience. The only good thing about whogohost is their customer services , after that, be expecting your site to be going down once in a while for an average of 30 minutes each time it goes down

I am sorry you have been having issues with your site. I however suspect that this issue may be relative to your site and not our servers or service. Like most shared hosting companies, we have limits set in place to ensure the stability of our servers. If your site exceeds those limits, chances are your site may not be accessible during that period.

We will however be willing to look into this matter. If you can provide the ticket ID of the mail you sent in, our support team will definitely reach out to you.

We pride ourselves in giving the best of support and service and apologise if you have had any issues using our service. We do hope to hear from you.
Re: Advice Needed: Is Whogohost.com The Best Nigeria Web Hosting Provider by Nobody: 2:09am On Apr 17, 2016
whogohost:

I am sorry you have been having issues with your site. I however suspect that this issue may be relative to your site and not our servers or service. Like most shared hosting companies, we have limits set in place to ensure the stability of our servers. If your site exceeds those limits, chances are your site may not be accessible during that period.

We will however be willing to look into this matter. If you can provide the ticket ID of the mail you sent in, our support team will definitely reach out to you.

We pride ourselves in giving the best of support and service and apologise if you have had any issues using our service. We do hope to hear from you.

Sorry for yourself.

What useless limit? I hardly get up to 40 visitors per day on my site, and I subscribe to the premium package which is higher than basic. There is nothing wrong with my site, it's powered by WordPress(and autoupdate is not enabled, in order to prevent my site from going down during updates) and I use a standard newspaper theme that reputable sites(e.g punchng) use for their websites. There is absolutely nothing wrong with my site, and my site doesn't auto update, the problem is definitely coming from your server.

You are just trying to protect the image of whogohost and I won't let other fall victim to your substandard services.

I repeat!!!!

The only thing good about whogohost is their customer service. The server stays up online most times but be expecting your site to be going down once or twice in a week, each down time with an average of 20-50 minutes.

That's the service they provide.

If you need prove I will post the screenshot of all the downtimes reported by Jetpack.
Re: Advice Needed: Is Whogohost.com The Best Nigeria Web Hosting Provider by nabzilion: 4:22pm On Jun 07, 2016
chillykelly86:
Best is a big word!
Are you talking:-
1. Reliability
2. Customer Service
3. Up time
4. Disk size
5. Bandwidth
6. Brand appeal
7. Size of Webhost(number of websites they host)
8. Ease of transaction
9. Acceptance of payment in Naira
10. A combination of or all of the above?

For the records, Whogohost is the largest web hosting company in Nigeria.
I host with them.

Google Whogohost to learn more about the company.

Goodluck
Whogohost is very efficient when it has to do with reminding you of renewals, and disconnecting you the morning of your date, apart from that, they are as competent as NEPA, with lousy customer service.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Airtel Cheap Data Bundle Plan for Android and iOS (N300 Montly) / Blogger Laila Ijeoma Celebrates 8th Wedding Anniversary / Beware Of Some Internet Frauds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.