Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,514 members, 7,801,359 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:16 PM

3.2m Nigerians Live With HIV - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 3.2m Nigerians Live With HIV (19264 Views)

2m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis’ / 3Million Nigerians Living With HIV/AIDS - AHF / Woman With HIV Abandoned In Ibadan And Left To Die (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3.2m Nigerians Live With HIV by weconnect: 7:45pm On Apr 24, 2015
Blurry:
So how exactly did they came up with this 3.2m figure.

best post so far on this thread

Let them show us how they come about the figure

1 Like

Re: 3.2m Nigerians Live With HIV by mascot87(m): 7:46pm On Apr 24, 2015
askibee:

ehm escot abi mascom or sowi na mascot,i too trust my self na only virgin nd one virgin at dat i dey bleep

Picture or u know d rest
Re: 3.2m Nigerians Live With HIV by nnwniger: 7:46pm On Apr 24, 2015
http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=JN.%2bJEXY5hdIhHP6%2fXlkeqHog&pid=15.1&H=106&W=160
Re: 3.2m Nigerians Live With HIV by tayoxx(m): 7:47pm On Apr 24, 2015
come o....una notice say everything for Nigeria na million e stay start with.....3.2 million get hiv....2.5 get mental problem....even politicians self na million dollars dem dey start there theiving from
Re: 3.2m Nigerians Live With HIV by bastien: 7:49pm On Apr 24, 2015
Jesus, and I still dey fuckkkkkk raw chai

Well I'm natural immune
Re: 3.2m Nigerians Live With HIV by ireneony(f): 7:50pm On Apr 24, 2015
redbenson oga ashawo joint come and see for ur self grin

1 Like

Re: 3.2m Nigerians Live With HIV by bisten14: 7:52pm On Apr 24, 2015
I no gree PERIOD!
Re: 3.2m Nigerians Live With HIV by chinnelle(f): 8:05pm On Apr 24, 2015
Chai!
Number is high
Re: 3.2m Nigerians Live With HIV by efonat(m): 8:12pm On Apr 24, 2015
Did anyone notice? Chicks re not commenting. The carrier of d scourge.

1 Like

Re: 3.2m Nigerians Live With HIV by sonnie10: 8:13pm On Apr 24, 2015
foura:
to be candid i have real help for people living with hiv virus,im very sure the person can be cure in less than nine months,u can contact me on 08074091414

Will there be an advanced fee fraud ?
Re: 3.2m Nigerians Live With HIV by omokab: 8:20pm On Apr 24, 2015
To me I don't believe in all this lies.In the first place how did they come up with their figures?They will just sit somewhere collecting money both from local and internationa.They also said 1.2 billionm male condom was shared where I have never seen one,or I don't belong to over hundred miliions of Nigeria.3.2 million living with HiV and AIDs in Nigeria,I have never seen or hear of say one person died of it before.They should let us be.The news on HIV has died down,nobody is thinking of it like before.If is still existing may almighty Allah protect us and our family.Amen

1 Like

Re: 3.2m Nigerians Live With HIV by Nobody: 8:26pm On Apr 24, 2015
maximunimpact:
I thaught HIV is gone and buried? i think from now on, any new babe i meet will have to do HIV test if she must taste my paradise.

It may take months before manifestation so be prepared to wait up to 6 months to be really sure. And no knocking by either party until then smiley
Re: 3.2m Nigerians Live With HIV by cute75(m): 8:26pm On Apr 24, 2015
In my experience... I think 3.2m is on the low side....Trust me is spreading like wide fire. The thing is that because of stigmatization people are no longer coming out to say their status. But the number is increasing every day.
Re: 3.2m Nigerians Live With HIV by Nobody: 8:28pm On Apr 24, 2015
dridowu:
The Society for Family Health says more than 3.2 million Nigerians are still living with the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV).
Bright Ekweremadu, the Managing Director of the society, said this on Thursday in Abuja at a forum to mark the end of Enhancing Nigeria’s Response (ENR) to HIV and AIDS programme.
He solicited realistic programmes to fight the virus, insisting that with the prevalent rate, much had to be done to tackle the menace.
“There have been tremendous improvements in addressing and halting the HIV and AIDS burden in Nigeria, there is still a lot to be done especially in regard to expanding access to services,” he said.

According to Ekweremadu, the ENR is one of Nigeria’s largest HIV/AIDS grants.

“ENR was funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID) to promote sexual reproductive health and HIV reduction in Nigeria.

“Its goal was to also contribute to reducing the spread of HIV epidemic and mitigating the impact of AIDS in Nigeria,” he added.
He said the ENR programme was a six-year programme inaugurated in 2009 with a focus on eight high prevalence states.

He said the programme will improve access to effective HIV and AIDS prevention, treatment, care and support information and services for people most vulnerable to infection.
Ekweremadu thanked the DFID for funding the programme and the long standing support and partnership.
In a remark, the representative of DFID, Dr Kemi Williams, said that Nigeria had the second highest prevalent rate of HIV, calling for concerted effort to check the scourge.

She said that through the ENR, “comprehensive HIV knowledge increased from 45 per cent for males and 38 per cent for females by 2014.”
She noted that 1.2 billion male condoms and 4 million female condoms were distributed in the six years of the programme.

“These condoms with the associated health promotion and increased use prevented an estimated 109, 364 new HIV infections,” she said.
Also speaking, Prof. John Idoko, Director-General, National Agency for the Control of AIDS, said with the end of the ENR programme, there was the need for government to internally fund HIV projects in the country.

“Government at the centre and state level are improving the resources for tackling HIV and AIDS,” he said.
NAN reports that the ENR programme was implemented by a consortium comprising Society for Family Health, ActionAid Nigeria, BBC Media Action, Population Council and Crown Agents.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/04/24/3-2m-nigerians-live-with-hiv/

And then some amoeba here will still hate UK for denying their visa and asking what does UK do for us sef angry
Re: 3.2m Nigerians Live With HIV by Hakagure: 8:47pm On Apr 24, 2015
You are aware this is fraudulent information?
foura:
to be candid i have real help for people living with hiv virus,im very sure the person can be cure in less than nine months,u can contact me on 08074091414
Re: 3.2m Nigerians Live With HIV by bolabe: 8:51pm On Apr 24, 2015
Thank god is controllable on like before that there is no cure soon it will soon be wipe out.
Re: 3.2m Nigerians Live With HIV by Nobody: 9:08pm On Apr 24, 2015
Not to seem ignorant but ive never seen someone with HIV before
Re: 3.2m Nigerians Live With HIV by mikron(m): 9:20pm On Apr 24, 2015
3.2 million cases in naija is quite low as compared with our population. Let us continue to keep it low, play safe or zip up
Re: 3.2m Nigerians Live With HIV by Airforce11: 9:22pm On Apr 24, 2015
I am a carrier of the virus for over 3 years now and living just fine. It wasn't easy initially hearing about my status but thank God I had a good doctor who is also a friend that counselled me. Just casually went to his hospital to carry out a comprehensive test including HIV which I normally do periodically. Thank God I found out about my status early. My advise is go get tested and know your status. So many people out there who for various reasons refused to get tested. Its not as bad as people feel or think about it presently.

4 Likes

Re: 3.2m Nigerians Live With HIV by Tex42(m): 9:27pm On Apr 24, 2015
E Don reach the stage wey b say b4 u knack ur girlfriend, she first go do HIV test and vice versa.

... No even reason condom matter at all! D way wey condom dey carry tear ehhh, na suicide o!
Re: 3.2m Nigerians Live With HIV by Odogwuskido(m): 9:58pm On Apr 24, 2015
1.2 billion male condoms and 4 million female condoms distributed.... Mehnn.. Nigerians can phock! cool
Re: 3.2m Nigerians Live With HIV by oluwasegun007(m): 10:27pm On Apr 24, 2015
sauceny:
I can bet 85% of those living with the virus contracted it through raw sex....The pleasure of raw sex be tempting like the Apple from the garden of eden...

U don do 'RAW' before?
Abeg how the thing be?
Re: 3.2m Nigerians Live With HIV by Oye50(m): 10:30pm On Apr 24, 2015
50calibre:
Nigeria is only behind South Africa which has around 6 million people living with HIV.
why not compare Nigeria's total population to that of SA and you know that this figure isn't so alarming
Re: 3.2m Nigerians Live With HIV by Oye50(m): 10:39pm On Apr 24, 2015
koyyess:
The fear of hiv/aids and the constant popping of pills is the beginning of wisdom. If you are a woman and you are single, don't allow desperation lead you to form ties with a dog who hops from one brothel to the other or have multiple partners. Do not settle for less. Its either you are with a resposible man or you adopt kids and remain healthy. Don't listen to any miscreant that comes on NL to talk trash. Most of them are disease carriers. You should see the number of overnight mad women in psychiatric homes/villages. You should see the number of women in the hospitals treating different kinds of disgusting diseases they got from their husbands just because they want to keep wearing a rusted ring. So many women are suffering in silence. How on earth wouuld you explain to people that you divorced your husband or that you broke up with your boyfriend because he infected you with HIV/AIDS? A word is enough for the wise.
you are so dumb to blame this on men alone. Some dude are just so myopic. I'm sure all you needed is NL likes mumu
Re: 3.2m Nigerians Live With HIV by Daykoozy(m): 11:48pm On Apr 24, 2015
bunmioguns:
Shine your eyes wella
is dat pic real?
Re: 3.2m Nigerians Live With HIV by Nobody: 11:54pm On Apr 24, 2015
ireneony:
redbenson oga ashawo joint come and see for ur self grin

Hahahahahahahahhahaha.

Why u dey shout my name? Abi i look like seun?
Re: 3.2m Nigerians Live With HIV by bbjummy: 11:58pm On Apr 24, 2015
bastien:
Jesus, and I still dey fuckkkkkk raw chai

Well I'm natural immune
Continue and to think, your name is good luck.
Re: 3.2m Nigerians Live With HIV by bbjummy: 12:05am On Apr 25, 2015
Oye50:

why not compare Nigeria's total population to that of SA and you know that this figure isn't so alarming
Must there be a record of HIV in Nigeria undecided? Please we can possibly live without it. It is a must duty for all. It's no good news at all to have a generation living with HIV. Wondering what will happen to the next generation.
Re: 3.2m Nigerians Live With HIV by Nobody: 12:12am On Apr 25, 2015
That one has HIV doesn't mean the person will die.. Malaria is even more deadlier than HIV.. Live healthy, take your drugs on and as at when due, eat good food and i can promise you nothing will happen to you... Get tested today to know your status..
Re: 3.2m Nigerians Live With HIV by bastien: 3:38am On Apr 25, 2015
bbjummy:

Continue and to think, your name is good luck.
guy am immune
Re: 3.2m Nigerians Live With HIV by ireneidiva(f): 5:04am On Apr 25, 2015
omokab:
To me I don't believe in all this lies.In the first place how did they come up with their figures?They will just sit somewhere collecting money both from local and internationa.They also said 1.2 billionm male condom was shared where I have never seen one,or I don't belong to over hundred miliions of Nigeria.3.2 million living with HiV and AIDs in Nigeria,I have never seen or hear of say one person died of it before.They should let us be.The news on HIV has died down,nobody is thinking of it like before.If is still existing may almighty Allah protect us and our family.Amen
I've seen infected people! And people who died from it. Don't be silly!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Cure Staph? / Benefits Of Drinking Warm Lemon Water / Omicron COVID Variant Was In Europe Before Detected By South African Scientists.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.