Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,563 members, 7,809,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:00 PM

Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please (4204 Views)

When you are in a deaf and dumb relationship. / I'm In Love With A Deaf And Dumb Girl, Please Advise / Women: Would You Rather Be Ugly And Intelligent Or Beautiful And Dumb? Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by Tonyet1(m): 1:40pm On Feb 05, 2009
baby there u go again, angry

i said the guy is a[b] deaf and dumb[/b], angry dont u just get it? how can u teach one to speak without the natural ability to do so angry

if it were just a speech impediment its a different thing, but the cute guy is a deaf and dumb, or maybe u dont understand it that way

the guy does not speak and hear, do u get it now? angry
Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by Gabry(f): 1:43pm On Feb 05, 2009
I know anyou did not read my post ooo. . . I said in this world, there are death and dumb people whom learned how to talk properly oooo. . . I man not perfect but could speak in a way other people understands them. Its possible. Dont you read the news? sad
Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by Czarskit(m): 2:02pm On Feb 05, 2009
@ tonye

If u plan 2 c ur sis' bf, go wit a pen & a paper piece. U can both communic8 thru writing. . . This also applies 4 friends as well wishers.
When John got dumb afta his encounter wit an angel, he only had to write down his newly born son's name. . . Writing is a good enuff communication method. . .in the absence of speech.
Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by Ben13: 2:02pm On Feb 05, 2009
hmm, kind of relief
Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by Gabry(f): 2:04pm On Feb 05, 2009
And to learn, write down the sentence and let him watch your mouth move slowly when you say it than he will repeat. Smile whne he gets it correct and frown when he gets it wrong and tell him to try again and again. Thatshow I saw other people teaching them how to speak.
Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by Ben13: 2:08pm On Feb 05, 2009
that's a good teacher

gabby, keep it up. **
don't you think it's caring if you travel down to tonye-t's home and do this for her tongue
Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by Gabry(f): 2:26pm On Feb 05, 2009
Yah I dont mind, why not? Provided he pay all min and my bf's expenses and air flight and also based on my availibility. grin
Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by Okijajuju1(m): 2:36pm On Feb 05, 2009
@ Topic

There really is no right or wrong in this story. If I had a sister/brother who was dating a Deaf/dumb/blind/ or physically disabled person, I will personlly go out of my way to break them up.

Yes!! I know it sounds insensitive and all worth not, but its just what it is. A blind man I can stand, atleast all you need to get him/her is a cane, a seeing-eye-dog, or a midget. But someone who isnt only deaf but also dumb, thats just too much for one person.

Yes!! Deaf and Dumb people do deserved to be loved. But communication is also a very important part of marriage. Like Tonye said, Imagine he is alone at home with the baby and there is an emergency, such that he has to call the cops/fire service/para-medics.

EXAMPLE

Husband; (Dials 911).
Operator; Hello!! Emergency Response Service, whats your emergency.
Husband; A-bay-bay, A-Bay-bay
Operator; I'm sorry I didnt quite get that, could you please repeat your emergency.
Husband; A-bay-bay-bay ah-ah be- bay-bey.
Operator; Could you give us an address so we could dispatch a squad car to your location.
Husband; buh-eh-bay-bey-bay.

Seriously!! this is just bullshit. It could be anything. My sister could be the one with the emergency.
What if the other partner does not speak sign language??

@ Tonye

My brother, I dey feel you jare. Maybe the guy don give her cobnomi (love juju). Advice her the best you can, the dangers/responsibilities/harzards/trauma associated with dating a handicapped is just too much.
But if you see say she too like the guy, just wish her the best and pray for her soul.
Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by Tonyet1(m): 2:44pm On Feb 05, 2009
@Okija_juju

men i swear i m grateful that at least someone is seeing things from my seeming perspective

when we talk about love, to me it spans beyond just the heart, to me its got everything to do with compatibility, tolenrence, and not when one is a deaf n dumb and the other is a speaking machine

to me o,i guess maybe she must have been bitten by one love bug and i pray one day the whole senerio will clear from her eyes

@Ben20000000000000001 and czarskit,

men tell me the gospel truth, if it were u guys will u date a deaf n dumb?

u just come here and open ur wide mouth smiley here and talk things u know u wont do even in the life to come

lets be sincere
Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by Hauwa1: 3:08pm On Feb 05, 2009
Tonye, you are in a small world. come to my school and see how they are dating them. i once had a team with 2 of them. they are really brilliant. they don't call them DUMB, but Mute if they can't talk. Deaf and Mute is it. most can talk but can't hear. there are varing degree. am learning abt them.

so correct it. it is Mute if the person can't talk. Dumb is stupidity and i tell you they are not stupid. too bad for Nigeria. where i am, they drive their own car and live their lives like anyone. i took a course and the guy has a PHD. His wife is a nurse and he is deaf. we are abt 77 in that class. ask me how he lectures, it was great.

some guys in my class are dating them so are the ladies too. my dorms is a mixed one and i have come across many. really they are smart pple.
Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by Ben13: 3:09pm On Feb 05, 2009
@tonye-t

but you know this na;

we live nine times to die once  cheesy
Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by aus123(m): 3:15pm On Feb 05, 2009
Love is all sacrifice and compromise. If you are actually in love with him/her, deaf or dumb shouldn't be an issue.

Carry go and may God help you,
Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by JJYOU: 3:18pm On Feb 05, 2009
tonye-t:

@Okija_juju

men i swear i m grateful that at least someone is seeing things from my seeming perspective

when we talk about love, to me it spans beyond just the heart, to me its got everything to do with compatibility, tolenrence, and not when one is a deaf n dumb and the other is a speaking machine

to me o,i guess maybe she must have been bitten by one love bug and i pray one day the whole senerio will clear from her eyes

@Ben20000000000000001 and czarskit,

men tell me the gospel truth, if it were u guys will u date a deaf n dumb?

u just come here and open ur wide mouth smiley here and talk things u know u wont do even in the life to come

lets be sincere

the world has moved on bros.
Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by Hauwa1: 3:19pm On Feb 05, 2009
okija, you in USA cuz you said 911

i work in the lab and i see they have countless system to dial anywhere they want. they have blackberry and sidekick and you can see them dial and texting. i beg come to my College and come see them. am learning signs so that i can communicate in signs with those in my team.

a friend of mine told me she got into trouble for saying deaf and dumb, i told her well, here they don't use dumb. she too has many of them as friends.

they are not DUMB. let's make that correction to those in nigeria please. many are better than us in our english and maths.
Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by aus123(m): 3:23pm On Feb 05, 2009
We the Nairalanders will finance the wedding, Don't mind the haters,,
Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by touchmeder: 4:05pm On Feb 05, 2009
@ Topic

There really is no right or wrong in this story. [b]If I had a sister/brother who was dating a Deaf/dumb/blind/ or physically disabled person, I will personlly go out of my way to break them up.[/b]Yes!! I know it sounds insensitive and all worth not, but its just what it is. A blind man I can stand, atleast all you need to get him/her is a cane, a seeing-eye-dog, or a midget. But someone who isnt only deaf but also dumb, thats just too much for one person.

Yes!! Deaf and Dumb people do deserved to be loved. But communication is also a very important part of marriage.[quote][/quote]

someone decides to travel for woteva reason, and is in the bus has an accident a serious one losses his legs or hand
a perfectly normal child goes for vaccination or mayb an injection and it all goes wrong he becomes a cripple
someone is sick seriously and it has adverse effect he losses his sight,speech or ability to hear
some are born this way others by one misfortune or another experience this
this can be the case of someone, anyone (we dont pray for this but its good to remember its by his mercies we are well)
its not in anyones place to say who another one should date or who is good enough for your brother or sister
you can only advise if they refuse wot do u do
some people say i knew right from the moment i saw him/her, nothing you do will stop them
not everyone will marry a physically challenged person, not everyone can be so convinced or can carry that burden
that is their decision to make not ours
for all you know your sister might not end up marrying that person, it might just be an expericence for her,
to date someone she was convinced was right for her at that point in time.
Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by Tonyet1(m): 4:12pm On Feb 05, 2009
aus123:

We the Nairalanders will finance the wedding, Don't mind the haters,,

and who says they will get married?numbhead angry

aus123:

Love is all sacrifice and compromise. If you are actually in love with him/her, deaf or dumb shouldn't be an issue.

Carry go and may God help you,

did you read the original post very well , if not, then do so b4 writing something ****

touchmeder:

@ Topic

for all you know your sister might not end up marrying that person, it might just be an expericence for her,
to date someone she was convinced was right for her at that point in time.

that is what i m seriously praying for o, infact i started fast just on wednesday to be serious, because with the way the chic is going on with the whole thing, men we are all scared o
Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by touchmeder: 4:15pm On Feb 05, 2009
that is what i m seriously praying for o, infact i started fast just on wednesday to be serious, because with the way the chic is going on with the whole thing, men we are all scared o[quote][/quote]

cheesy cheesy smiley smiley i understand sha!
Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by aus123(m): 4:18pm On Feb 05, 2009
I guess you don't even understand the post. This is not a forum for some guys who can't read btw the line.
Pls, u can unsubscribe if can't contribute objectively,
Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by Czarskit(m): 4:20pm On Feb 05, 2009
@ tonye-t

1. Have you seen my mouth before, to know that its wide?

2. When u posted this topic, I gave u enuff options to choose from, so what else do u want na?

3. If I were you, I'll KILL the dude or my sis or myself. All of us if need be. . . Guess that settles your never ending story.

I've said this and I'll keep on saying it, 'PEOPLE CONFUSE ADVICE FOR ENCOURAGEMENT'. Dude! U asked 4 advice but it wasn't what u were expecting that u got. U wanted us to disprove of the relationship which we didn't.

You are not the one who's in love, neither am I. Ur sis is old enuff to make choices for herself man.

Your mind has bin made up on what u want & I'll advise u do IT!
Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by Czarskit(m): 4:21pm On Feb 05, 2009
@ tonye-t

1. Have you seen my mouth before, to know that its wide?

2. When u posted this topic, I gave u enuff options to choose from, so what else do u want na?

3. If I were you, I'll KILL the dude or my sis or myself. All of us if need be. . . Guess that settles your never ending story.

I've said this and I'll keep on saying it, 'PEOPLE CONFUSE ADVICE FOR ENCOURAGEMENT'. Dude! U asked 4 advice but it wasn't what u were expecting that u got. U wanted us to disprove of the relationship which we didn't.

You are not the one who's in love, neither am I. Ur sis is old enuff to make choices for herself man.

Your mind has bin made up on what u want & I'll advise u do IT!
Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by seun42(m): 4:32pm On Feb 05, 2009
@Czarskit,

if he doesnt want your advice maybe dont u think u could really stop visiting here and allow others to do so?
Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by Gabry(f): 2:43am On Feb 06, 2009
U be mean ooo. . . . Its apublic forum, anyone can say whatevr naa. Bsides, he did not bash the poster in a ude mocking way. undecided
Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by skolars(m): 3:57am On Feb 06, 2009
get married fast
Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by Tonyet1(m): 1:44pm On Feb 06, 2009
skolars:

get married fast

when? n who?
Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by Gabry(f): 1:46pm On Feb 06, 2009
He wa just joking grin
Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by Tonyet1(m): 1:47pm On Feb 06, 2009
guess what? i finally got my queen sister to quit the relationship grin

at last she aint goin be hookin up with the "deaf n dumb" bro, but she said they promised to still be good friends at least while the good memories last
Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by Gabry(f): 1:49pm On Feb 06, 2009
Really? So why did your sister change her mind?
Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by Rhadnee(m): 3:07pm On Feb 06, 2009
you can go ahead to marry her. since you are in love with her. or cant she understand what you tell her. if she does go ahead and marry her. thats my advice for you dude.
Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by Tonyet1(m): 3:25pm On Feb 06, 2009
@Rhadnee

brother i was saving her for u grin

@Gabrywyl

she said she was doing some thinking lately, that was all
Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by djcrucifix(m): 3:39pm On Feb 06, 2009
PMPROFLMFAO! i guess that confirms the story ''love knows no bounds'' grin
Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by waterworks(f): 3:40pm On Feb 06, 2009
all this one u people are defending the deaf and dumbe guy is not the main point. pls somebody answer me how is a deaf and dumb guy in uniben? if he is dumbe no problem but if hesa deaf?? how will he understand wat is beign said in class? dose he have someone who listens and later writes it down for him to study? i know uniben i a well eqqyuipped school with a lot of experience and all that but is it equiped to handle such a case as teachings for the deaf and dumb?
this is very puzzling. i can understand the matter of love in that sense action speaks louder than words.

@ poster is ur problem hes deaf and dumb? you are critisizing the girls decision but frm wat ive read the only handicapped person is you because you are ignorant and inexposed in other words you are blind!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Madly Crushing On Juliaann / Be Sincere!! What Would You Do In This Situation (pictures ) / What Is The Best Dating App Or Site?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.