Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,647 members, 7,801,887 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:52 AM

THE MUSLIM MAN WHO CHOSE TO DIE ALONGSIDE THE MARTYRED ETHIOPIAN CHRISTIANS - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / THE MUSLIM MAN WHO CHOSE TO DIE ALONGSIDE THE MARTYRED ETHIOPIAN CHRISTIANS (2511 Views)

Muslim Man Praying Before A Church Banner (Photo) / Buhari To Die Soon – Owusu Bempah, Ghana Prophet / 'Pray For Buhari Not To Die In Power' - Did TB Joshua Really Say That? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

THE MUSLIM MAN WHO CHOSE TO DIE ALONGSIDE THE MARTYRED ETHIOPIAN CHRISTIANS by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:24pm On Apr 24, 2015
THE MUSLIM MAN WHO CHOSE TO DIE ALONGSIDE THE MARTYRED ETHIOPIAN CHRISTIANS
Travis Weber : Apr 24, 2015 : Family Research Council blog

Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends" -John 15:13 (NASB)

[FRCBlog.com] The... recent headline: "Muslim chooses to die alongside Christians," comes to us from the Vatican Insider, which brings us the startling and encouraging report of a Muslim who "offered himself as a hostage because he would not leave his Christian friend to die alone." Who is the man? Jamal Rahman. (Photo via Vatican Insider/FRCBlog.com)

According to the story, Jamal "was among the 28 Ethiopians killed (by decapitation) by ISIS in Libya and shown in the latest terror video by Al Furqan, the caliphate's propaganda machine."

Jamal "was not spared, despite belonging to a Muslim family."

Why was he not spared?

Because "[h]e offered himself as a hostage because he would not leave his Christian friend to die alone."

It is a "great love" which causes us to give our lives for another.

Ultimately, Jamal was killed with all the Christians in the group.

While there is some haziness over why this was the case, it appears to be a sacrificial act of love.

According to reports given to the Pontifical Institute for Foreign Missions (PIME)—by a member of Al-Shabab, of all people—a certain "online newspaper of Somaliland" reports that Jamal "converted to Christianity on the road" and was killed for this reason.

Yet PIME regards as "much more plausible" the alternate explanation, which is "that amidst the jihadists, the Muslim Jamal 'foolishly' and willingly offered himself as a hostage to the jihadists, out of solidarity for a Christian friend he was travelling with." For "[p]erhaps he believed the presence of a Muslim in the group might even have saved the lives of the others."

Ultimately, "[t]his was not the case: Jamal was murdered alongside the Christians 'as an apostate'."

Jamal's loyalty to his friend, loyalty to the point of death, is humbling, rare and beautiful. His act will undoubtedly serve as an example to others.

Most importantly, it is a model of our Lord Jesus Himself, who laid down His life for us—His friends. If we are to be imitators of Christ, we must do likewise. Let us take this moment to reflect on this act of grace on the part of a Muslim to remember that Jesus Himself told us:

"If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me. For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it; but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it" Matthew 16:24-25 (NASB).

Only by His grace can we do that. But let us ask God for that grace. It will be needed, for God "desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth" (1 Timothy 2:4), even members of ISIS.

Until His truth comes to them, and He comes again, let us be thankful for reminders of His grace in men like Jamal.

http://www.breakingchristiannews.com/articles/display_art.html?ID=15840

Re: THE MUSLIM MAN WHO CHOSE TO DIE ALONGSIDE THE MARTYRED ETHIOPIAN CHRISTIANS by VickJames(m): 7:27pm On Apr 24, 2015
Today, you will meet Jesus in paradise
Re: THE MUSLIM MAN WHO CHOSE TO DIE ALONGSIDE THE MARTYRED ETHIOPIAN CHRISTIANS by Ifeann(f): 9:05pm On Apr 24, 2015
Muslims are forbidden to kill Muslims unless in 3 conditions, here is the hadith below

Allah's Apostle said, "The blood of a Muslim who confesses that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and that I am His Apostle, cannot be shed except in three cases: In Qisas for murder, a married person who commits illegal sexual intercourse and the one who reverts from Islam (apostate) and leaves the Muslims." — Sahih al-Bukhari, 9:83:17 ”

The brave man must have renounced Islam and decided to join his Christian brother in heaven. Wow..may he be remembered for this.
OLAADEGBU:
THE MUSLIM MAN WHO CHOSE TO DIE ALONGSIDE THE MARTYRED ETHIOPIAN CHRISTIANS
Travis Weber : Apr 24, 2015 : Family Research Council blog
Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends" -John 15:13 (NASB)
[FRCBlog.com] The... recent headline: "Muslim chooses to die alongside Christians," comes to us from the Vatican Insider, which brings us the startling and encouraging report of a Muslim who "offered himself as a hostage because he would not leave his Christian friend to die alone." Who is the man? Jamal Rahman. (Photo via Vatican Insider/FRCBlog.com)
According to the story, Jamal "was among the 28 Ethiopians killed (by decapitation) by ISIS in Libya and shown in the latest terror video by Al Furqan, the caliphate's propaganda machine."
Jamal "was not spared, despite belonging to a Muslim family."
Why was he not spared?
Because "[h]e offered himself as a hostage because he would not leave his Christian friend to die alone."
It is a "great love" which causes us to give our lives for another.
Ultimately, Jamal was killed with all the Christians in the group.
While there is some haziness over why this was the case, it appears to be a sacrificial act of love.
According to reports given to the Pontifical Institute for Foreign Missions (PIME)—by a member of Al-Shabab, of all people—a certain "online newspaper of Somaliland" reports that Jamal "converted to Christianity on the road" and was killed for this reason.
Yet PIME regards as "much more plausible" the alternate explanation, which is "that amidst the jihadists, the Muslim Jamal 'foolishly' and willingly offered himself as a hostage to the jihadists, out of solidarity for a Christian friend he was travelling with." For "[p]erhaps he believed the presence of a Muslim in the group might even have saved the lives of the others."
Ultimately, "[t]his was not the case: Jamal was murdered alongside the Christians 'as an apostate'."
Jamal's loyalty to his friend, loyalty to the point of death, is humbling, rare and beautiful. His act will undoubtedly serve as an example to others.
Most importantly, it is a model of our Lord Jesus Himself, who laid down His life for us—His friends. If we are to be imitators of Christ, we must do likewise. Let us take this moment to reflect on this act of grace on the part of a Muslim to remember that Jesus Himself told us:
"If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me. For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it; but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it" Matthew 16:24-25 (NASB).
Only by His grace can we do that. But let us ask God for that grace. It will be needed, for God "desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth" (1 Timothy 2:4), even members of ISIS.
Until His truth comes to them, and He comes again, let us be thankful for reminders of His grace in men like Jamal.
http://www.breakingchristiannews.com/articles/display_art.html?ID=15840
Re: THE MUSLIM MAN WHO CHOSE TO DIE ALONGSIDE THE MARTYRED ETHIOPIAN CHRISTIANS by johnydon22(m): 9:46pm On Apr 24, 2015
I wouldn't deny a tear escaped my eye when i read this. . . And a human being have the heart to kill another... in this horrible way.. #My heart bleeds badly..

#Sighs. . walks out of thread.

1 Like

Re: THE MUSLIM MAN WHO CHOSE TO DIE ALONGSIDE THE MARTYRED ETHIOPIAN CHRISTIANS by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:09pm On Apr 24, 2015
VickJames:

That is direct entry into paradise.
Re: THE MUSLIM MAN WHO CHOSE TO DIE ALONGSIDE THE MARTYRED ETHIOPIAN CHRISTIANS by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:11pm On Apr 24, 2015
Ifeann:

Muslims are forbidden to kill Muslims unless in 3 conditions, here is the hadith below

Allah's Apostle said, "The blood of a Muslim who confesses that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and that I am His Apostle, cannot be shed except in three cases: In Qisas for murder, a married person who commits illegal sexual intercourse and the one who reverts from Islam (apostate) and leaves the Muslims." — Sahih al-Bukhari, 9:83:17 ”

The brave man must have renounced Islam and decided to join his Christian brother in heaven. Wow..may he be remembered for this.

We are only remembered for what we have done. That simple act of faith in his last hour surpassed all that he did in his life time.
Re: THE MUSLIM MAN WHO CHOSE TO DIE ALONGSIDE THE MARTYRED ETHIOPIAN CHRISTIANS by Nobody: 1:21am On Apr 25, 2015
are you sure the muslim didn't die as a muslim in the exact manner muslims are support to support the oppressed against the oppressor, supporting the oppressor to shame him of his oppressive act? muslims are required to sstand for justice even against himself.

may his soul be admitted to jannah firdausi alla. amin. he didnt renounce islam. why would he? all he did was to show that isis is not islam.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: THE MUSLIM MAN WHO CHOSE TO DIE ALONGSIDE THE MARTYRED ETHIOPIAN CHRISTIANS by tartar9(m): 10:18am On Apr 25, 2015
VickJames:
did he accept xtianity
Re: THE MUSLIM MAN WHO CHOSE TO DIE ALONGSIDE THE MARTYRED ETHIOPIAN CHRISTIANS by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:29pm On Apr 25, 2015
RoyPCain:

are you sure the muslim didn't die as a muslim in the exact manner muslims are support to support the oppressed against the oppressor, supporting the oppressor to shame him of his oppressive act? muslims are required to sstand for justice even against himself.

may his soul be admitted to jannah firdausi alla. amin. he didnt renounce islam. why would he? all he did was to show that isis is not islam.

Are you saying that the Muslim deserved to die?
Re: THE MUSLIM MAN WHO CHOSE TO DIE ALONGSIDE THE MARTYRED ETHIOPIAN CHRISTIANS by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:30pm On Apr 25, 2015
tartar9:

did he accept xtianity

If he did then his death would not be in vain.
Re: THE MUSLIM MAN WHO CHOSE TO DIE ALONGSIDE THE MARTYRED ETHIOPIAN CHRISTIANS by Anas09: 10:01pm On Apr 25, 2015
For the first time, tartar said something reasonable. That guy just went to heaven just like that. See jubilation in heaven for this guy. Mmmmmeeeehhnnnn.
Re: THE MUSLIM MAN WHO CHOSE TO DIE ALONGSIDE THE MARTYRED ETHIOPIAN CHRISTIANS by tartar9(m): 10:36pm On Apr 25, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

it didn't say he became xtian.he died Muslim
Re: THE MUSLIM MAN WHO CHOSE TO DIE ALONGSIDE THE MARTYRED ETHIOPIAN CHRISTIANS by nkemdilem: 12:39am On Apr 26, 2015
A Muslim Ethiopian girl's message to ISIS in tears (Amharic and Arabic). She is devastated by the death of her countrymen - Ethiopian Christians. She said ISIS did not only slaughter 30 Ethiopians but also the entire Ethiopian population and may Allah burn ISIS in hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OUBQp_5wRI
Re: THE MUSLIM MAN WHO CHOSE TO DIE ALONGSIDE THE MARTYRED ETHIOPIAN CHRISTIANS by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:25pm On May 04, 2015
Ifeann:

Good deduction. smiley
Re: THE MUSLIM MAN WHO CHOSE TO DIE ALONGSIDE THE MARTYRED ETHIOPIAN CHRISTIANS by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:31pm On May 04, 2015
johnydon22:

I wouldn't deny a tear escaped my eye when i read this. . . And a human being have the heart to kill another... in this horrible way.. #My heart bleeds badly..

#Sighs. . walks out of thread.

Every normal human being will have the milk of compassion as you have just shown above but religious nuts have their hearts seared with hot iron that they have lost touch with humanity. What do you feel turns humans into heartless souls like the ones in the OP?
Re: THE MUSLIM MAN WHO CHOSE TO DIE ALONGSIDE THE MARTYRED ETHIOPIAN CHRISTIANS by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:33pm On May 04, 2015
Anas09:

For the first time, tartar said something reasonable. That guy just went to heaven just like that. See jubilation in heaven for this guy. Mmmmmeeeehhnnnn.

There is joy in heaven over one sinner that repents for there's a new name written down in glory...
Re: THE MUSLIM MAN WHO CHOSE TO DIE ALONGSIDE THE MARTYRED ETHIOPIAN CHRISTIANS by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:34pm On May 04, 2015
tartar9:

it didn't say he became xtian.he died Muslim

Why would his fellow Muslims kill him?
Re: THE MUSLIM MAN WHO CHOSE TO DIE ALONGSIDE THE MARTYRED ETHIOPIAN CHRISTIANS by johnydon22(m): 11:38pm On May 04, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Every normal human being will have the milk of compassion as you have just shown above but religious nuts have their hearts seared with hot iron that they have lost touch with humanity. What do you feel turns humans into heartless souls like the ones in the OP?

lack of compassion, valuing faith more than humans, placing religion above life, lack of empathy, love... I think we are just a sorry lot.
Re: THE MUSLIM MAN WHO CHOSE TO DIE ALONGSIDE THE MARTYRED ETHIOPIAN CHRISTIANS by Ubenedictus(m): 12:02am On May 05, 2015
It is possible the guy converted, but it is even more possible he didn't convert. He may simply have been a good muslim who didn't agree with the isis propaganda and was ready to lay down his life with his Christian friends.

May God have mercy on him, wash him of all sins and grant him eternal life.
Re: THE MUSLIM MAN WHO CHOSE TO DIE ALONGSIDE THE MARTYRED ETHIOPIAN CHRISTIANS by mustymatic(m): 12:11am On May 05, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Would be in great vain, all he did was really to show that isis is the work of both Christian n Muslim leaders
Re: THE MUSLIM MAN WHO CHOSE TO DIE ALONGSIDE THE MARTYRED ETHIOPIAN CHRISTIANS by mustymatic(m): 12:14am On May 05, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Why would his fellow Muslims kill him?
Why do boko haram kill Muslims in mosques?
Re: THE MUSLIM MAN WHO CHOSE TO DIE ALONGSIDE THE MARTYRED ETHIOPIAN CHRISTIANS by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:29am On May 05, 2015
johnydon22:

lack of compassion, valuing faith more than humans, placing religion above life, lack of empathy, love... I think we are just a sorry lot.

That is why I believe God wants spiritual fruits from us and not religious nuts. Religion takes away humanity from us while Christianity brings about true relationship with God and our neighbours.

1 Like

Re: THE MUSLIM MAN WHO CHOSE TO DIE ALONGSIDE THE MARTYRED ETHIOPIAN CHRISTIANS by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:31am On May 05, 2015
Ubenedictus:

It is possible the guy converted, but it is even more possible he didn't convert. He may simply have been a good muslim who didn't agree with the isis propaganda and was ready to lay down his life with his Christian friends.

May God have mercy on him, wash him of all sins and grant him eternal life.

His good work of solidarity will not save him if he did not commit his life to our Lord Jesus Christ.
Re: THE MUSLIM MAN WHO CHOSE TO DIE ALONGSIDE THE MARTYRED ETHIOPIAN CHRISTIANS by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:32am On May 05, 2015
mustymatic:

Would be in great vain, all he did was really to show that isis is the work of both Christian n Muslim leaders

How?
Re: THE MUSLIM MAN WHO CHOSE TO DIE ALONGSIDE THE MARTYRED ETHIOPIAN CHRISTIANS by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:34am On May 05, 2015
mustymatic:

Maybe they are not Muslims. Could they have been Buddhists? undecided
Re: THE MUSLIM MAN WHO CHOSE TO DIE ALONGSIDE THE MARTYRED ETHIOPIAN CHRISTIANS by Ubenedictus(m): 1:10am On May 05, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

His good work of solidarity will not save him if he did not commit his life to our Lord Jesus Christ.

my dear,

please kindly note that you are NOT God, He doesn't take counsel from you, nor consult you in his sovereign decisions, as such you should know you are not in the position to decide or even know infalliably who will or won't make it to Heaven.

That aside Paul rightly teaches in rm that when the gentiles do as their conscience dictate they become a law unto themselves, so my dear I am sure that when I get to heaven I'll see many who didn't "commit their life to Jesus" because God would have judged their ignorance of the gospel and confirmed his words in the bible that when the gentile act rightly he becomes a law to himself.
Re: THE MUSLIM MAN WHO CHOSE TO DIE ALONGSIDE THE MARTYRED ETHIOPIAN CHRISTIANS by mustymatic(m): 1:15am On May 05, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Maybe they are not Muslims. Could they have been Buddhists? undecided
Probably
Re: THE MUSLIM MAN WHO CHOSE TO DIE ALONGSIDE THE MARTYRED ETHIOPIAN CHRISTIANS by true2god: 2:13am On May 05, 2015
mustymatic:

The same way the sunnis bomb the shia in their mosques.
Re: THE MUSLIM MAN WHO CHOSE TO DIE ALONGSIDE THE MARTYRED ETHIOPIAN CHRISTIANS by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:49pm On May 05, 2015
Ubenedictus:

my dear,

please kindly note that you are NOT God, He doesn't take counsel from you, nor consult you in his sovereign decisions, as such you should know you are not in the position to decide or even know infalliably who will or won't make it to Heaven.

If you mean anyone can be saved without committing their lives to Christ then your doctrine is faulty. Study the Bible to make yourself approved.

Ubenedictus:

That aside Paul rightly teaches in rm that when the gentiles do as their conscience dictate they become a law unto themselves, so my dear I am sure that when I get to heaven I'll see many who didn't "commit their life to Jesus" because God would have judged their ignorance of the gospel and confirmed his words in the bible that when the gentile act rightly he becomes a law to himself.

If that was the case then there would be no need for the sacrificial death of Christ. Ignorance is no longer an excuse.
Re: THE MUSLIM MAN WHO CHOSE TO DIE ALONGSIDE THE MARTYRED ETHIOPIAN CHRISTIANS by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:50pm On May 05, 2015
true2god:

The same way the sunnis bomb the shia in their mosques.

Good point my brother. cheesy
Re: THE MUSLIM MAN WHO CHOSE TO DIE ALONGSIDE THE MARTYRED ETHIOPIAN CHRISTIANS by Ubenedictus(m): 1:25am On May 06, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

If you mean anyone can be saved without committing their lives to Christ then your doctrine is faulty. Study the Bible to make yourself approved.

I believe it is your doctrine that is faulty.
Christ is the principle for all merit not a supposed "committing your life" that is why paul rightly teaches in scriptures that when the gentiles act rightly even without God's laws they become a law unto themselves.

If that was the case then there would be no need for the sacrificial death of Christ. Ignorance is no longer an excuse.

The sacrificial death of Christ is the exact reason why paul taught that the gentiles were laws unto themselves.

Some Christian just refuse to read their bibles well, go back and read the early chapters of romans.
Re: THE MUSLIM MAN WHO CHOSE TO DIE ALONGSIDE THE MARTYRED ETHIOPIAN CHRISTIANS by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:58pm On Sep 10, 2015
Ubenedictus:

I believe it is your doctrine that is faulty.
Christ is the principle for all merit not a supposed "committing your life" that is why paul rightly teaches in scriptures that when the gentiles act rightly even without God's laws they become a law unto themselves.

Do you mean the "natural law"? undecided

Ubenedictus:

The sacrificial death of Christ is the exact reason why paul taught that the gentiles were laws unto themselves.

How? Do you mind explaining?

Ubenedictus:

Some Christian just refuse to read their bibles well, go back and read the early chapters of romans.

Do not be nescient. What Paul was saying to my understanding here is that the Gentiles had at least an intuitive knowledge of the Moral Law internally in their consciences and even with that they were unable to live up to this knowledge and moreover, they had enough evidence of God in the external creation of God hence, they are "without excuse".

(1) (Reply)

Pictures Of Victims Of The Collapsed Church In Uyo. / "boko Haram" Are They Fighting A Just Cause? / Okotie,the Catholic Church & Our Gross National Lunacy:Fire In Bullshyt Mountain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.