Stats: 3,148,453 members, 7,801,112 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:05 AM

Consider Ndigbo For Appointments, Obiano Begs Buhari-punch - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Consider Ndigbo For Appointments, Obiano Begs Buhari-punch (1383 Views)

N5,000 Stipend: Opposition, Labour, Others Attack Buhari … PUNCH / Nigeria Risks Economic Decline –buhari: Punch / Don’t Give Fashola Appointment,civil Society Group Tells Buhari-PUNCH (2) (3) (4)

Consider Ndigbo For Appointments, Obiano Begs Buhari-punch by CHM11: 7:54pm On Apr 24, 2015
Anambra State Governor, Willy Obiano, has pleaded
with President-Elect, Maj. Gen. Mohammadu Buhari, to include Igbos in his cabinet.
This, he said, was important because the incoming
administration requires the support of all Nigerians
irrespective of party affiliations to succeed.
Obiano made the plea after a closed-door meeting
with the President-Elect at his private residence in
Abuja, on Friday.
He explained that he was in Abuja not only to
congratulate the incoming President and reassure
him of the support of the South-East, but also to
plead with him to consider Anambra indigenes for
appointments.
The governor, who spoke to reporters after he
emerged from the meeting, said he used the
occasion to speak on outstanding projects dear to
the heart of the Igbo race.
Obiano said, “I am also here to reassure him that
Anambra and the South-East would support him. I
also pleaded with him on some pressing problems
that are of importance to the South-East like the
second Niger Bridge and some of the federal roads.
“We also pleaded in the area of appointment for the
people of Anambra and of course, for people from
the South-East be it ministerial, ambassadorial and
what have you. So basically it is to congratulate the
President-elect on his well deserved victory.”
Obiano dismissed insinuations that his visit was part of consultations to pave the way for him to join the All Progressives Congress.
“It is not correct. I will remain with APGA and work
very closely with Mr. President,” he said in response
to a question on the subject.
Asked if he was in Abuja to embrace “change” that is the new song in Nigeria, the governor said, “Well, I am a very focused governor.
“Under my tenure, I brought change in the area of
security to Anambra State and I will always support
things that would bring change to improve on the
well being of Ndi Anambra and Nigeria as a whole.
So, yes.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/consider-ndigbo-for-appointments-obiano-begs-buhari/?hootPostID=b03c7eeb7eaea35255db9fc0ca6e20cb

I thought these people are already preparing to leave Nigeria to form Beeafra in the south east?

Re: Consider Ndigbo For Appointments, Obiano Begs Buhari-punch by Elslim: 8:01pm On Apr 24, 2015
If I hear... Shebi biafra is around d corner, wwerin dem stil de find for naija?

Re: Consider Ndigbo For Appointments, Obiano Begs Buhari-punch by madridguy(m): 8:02pm On Apr 24, 2015
Re: Consider Ndigbo For Appointments, Obiano Begs Buhari-punch by Nobody: 8:04pm On Apr 24, 2015
thats true
Re: Consider Ndigbo For Appointments, Obiano Begs Buhari-punch by ki02020(m): 8:08pm On Apr 24, 2015
Why not buhari will become the president of nigeria and not president of we yoruba and hausa alone his cabinet should include all the regions even if he did not get one single vote from a particular region but obviously he did got some vote from them....#BUHARIFORALL

Re: Consider Ndigbo For Appointments, Obiano Begs Buhari-punch by Nobody: 8:09pm On Apr 24, 2015
grin one by one, they don dey beg grin

Re: Consider Ndigbo For Appointments, Obiano Begs Buhari-punch by kheart(m): 8:14pm On Apr 24, 2015
Una time ddon pass jor, let others enjoy biko. Everything na turn by turn.

Re: Consider Ndigbo For Appointments, Obiano Begs Buhari-punch by Inkman(m): 8:23pm On Apr 24, 2015
nice move by obiano
we need other igbo leaders to
come forward like this...
Maybe we can just let bygones be bygones

Re: Consider Ndigbo For Appointments, Obiano Begs Buhari-punch by omenka(m): 8:29pm On Apr 24, 2015
Here are the people calling the actual shots on ground yet some nonentities who pride themselves as tribal warlords on nairaland would wanna rip themselves apart for no reason whatsoever.

Nice on Mr Governor. It is all about the collective interest of your people, politics.

Re: Consider Ndigbo For Appointments, Obiano Begs Buhari-punch by Nobody: 8:33pm On Apr 24, 2015
Because indigbos considered him for president? Anyway it's not a wrong idea

Re: Consider Ndigbo For Appointments, Obiano Begs Buhari-punch by ChinemeOkpan: 8:41pm On Apr 24, 2015
Enough of this castigation people!

Igbos are an important component of Nigeria and they have every right to make a case for equal representation at the presidential level

I actually respect Obiano for this proactive move.

I am very sure Igbos will be well represented in the incoming administration and I have no doubt Buhari will treat all Nigerians equally

Re: Consider Ndigbo For Appointments, Obiano Begs Buhari-punch by oneeaast: 8:42pm On Apr 24, 2015
why is obiano disturbing himself? it s very certain he will put an igboman in his cabinet..
pls relax and remain focus in anambra affairs...
this is non of yur business..
Re: Consider Ndigbo For Appointments, Obiano Begs Buhari-punch by T9ksy(m): 10:28pm On Apr 24, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:

Igbos are an important component of Nigeria and they have every right to make a case for equal representation at the presidential level

I am very sure Igbos will be well represented in the incoming administration and I have no doubt Buhari will treat all Nigerians equally

But the bolded above wasn't what you ibos were saying about Buhari, just a few weeks ago. What a difference a few weeks made!

Re: Consider Ndigbo For Appointments, Obiano Begs Buhari-punch by Super1Star: 10:43pm On Apr 24, 2015
Election things are for election times. Election is over and we need to move on. everybody cannot vote for one candidate. We are not in China or North Korea.

GMB should be magnanimous in victory enough by being the president of the country and not of any region. He should see to the progressive growth of all parts of the country.

He should shut the mouths of pessimists and saTANoids forever, with his performance in all regions.

So help him God.

Re: Consider Ndigbo For Appointments, Obiano Begs Buhari-punch by NaijirianKing: 11:35pm On Apr 24, 2015
Interesting.

CHM11:

http://www.punchng.com/news/consider-ndigbo-for-appointments-obiano-begs-buhari/?hootPostID=b03c7eeb7eaea35255db9fc0ca6e20cb

I thought these people are already preparing to leave Nigeria to form Beeafra in the south east?
Re: Consider Ndigbo For Appointments, Obiano Begs Buhari-punch by babyfaceafrica: 11:55pm On Apr 24, 2015
NaijirianKing:
Nigeria cannot do without the Igbo - and Igbo need Nigeria in order for them to continue to grow, that's why Nigeria fought tooth and nail to keep the Igbo. So Nigeria's unity is a done deal, Igbo will now continue to fully integrate themselves into the larger society. This can be seen in the fact that Igbos own 70% of Abuja and are one of the few ethnic groups that have elected Representatives in other states outside of their core.

igbos own 70 percent of abuja?..please do you have prove of that!!!!....
Re: Consider Ndigbo For Appointments, Obiano Begs Buhari-punch by CHM11: 12:18am On Apr 25, 2015
NaijirianKing:
Nigeria cannot do without the Igbo - and Igbo need Nigeria in order for them to continue to grow, that's why Nigeria fought tooth and nail to keep the Igbo. So Nigeria's unity is a done deal, Igbo will now continue to fully integrate themselves into the larger society. This can be seen in the fact that Igbos own 70% of Abuja and are one of the few ethnic groups that have elected Representatives in other states outside of their core.

Delusional, very very very funny write up.
Nigeria Fought tooth and nail for the oil in the SS and not the igbos.

And where did you see igbos owning 70percent of abuja..... Most hilarious post of the day.
Re: Consider Ndigbo For Appointments, Obiano Begs Buhari-punch by ifyan(m): 3:14am On Apr 25, 2015
No time?, Nigeria need to start moving forward you know. .....
Re: Consider Ndigbo For Appointments, Obiano Begs Buhari-punch by ImperialYoruba: 4:08am On Apr 25, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:

Your leaders have missed road. Ibo leaders with degrees, masters and phd are going to beg a certificateless, illiterate cow herder to allow them hold ministerial positions!! Chai, ezeoku!! shocked shocked
Re: Consider Ndigbo For Appointments, Obiano Begs Buhari-punch by T9ksy(m): 10:45am On Apr 25, 2015
NaijirianKing:

Are you sure? I thought by now, the ibos owns 90% of Abuja! !!

Yeye folks.
Re: Consider Ndigbo For Appointments, Obiano Begs Buhari-punch by Amazo: 11:40am On Apr 25, 2015
NaijirianKing:

Ibos OWN 70% of Abuja? grin grin grin grin Hahahahaha, the delusion is strong with this one
Re: Consider Ndigbo For Appointments, Obiano Begs Buhari-punch by Amazo: 11:44am On Apr 25, 2015
CHM11:

Another smart Anambra man. However, I think the SE should have made critical infrastructural demands from the Jonathan admin in return for all the blind support they gave him
Re: Consider Ndigbo For Appointments, Obiano Begs Buhari-punch by chamboy(m): 11:49am On Apr 25, 2015
Obiano and Rochas doing d needful while some ppl still dey beat their chest
Re: Consider Ndigbo For Appointments, Obiano Begs Buhari-punch by MzJackBaueress(f): 11:51am On Apr 25, 2015
Amazo:

However, I think the SE should have made critical infrastructural demands from the Jonathan admin in return for all the blind support they gave him
not all Igbos blindly supported Jonathan. Nevertheless,I agree with you about SE demanding for infrastructural development from Jonathan which we failed to do.
Re: Consider Ndigbo For Appointments, Obiano Begs Buhari-punch by slimfit1(m): 12:00pm On Apr 25, 2015
CHM11:

Delusional, very very very funny write up.
Nigeria Fought tooth and nail for the oil in the SS and not the igbos.

And where did you see igbos owning 70percent of abuja..... Most hilarious post of the day.

Young man the ss were fighting the war with us already so which oil are you talking about ? The Igbos had nothing still has nothing to offer us in terms of resources. It makes sense to have a full country that was the essence of the war then.
Re: Consider Ndigbo For Appointments, Obiano Begs Buhari-punch by 4Play(m): 12:03pm On Apr 25, 2015
The constitution requires appointment from all 36 states so the President has no choice in the matter but to appoint Igbos.

Re: Consider Ndigbo For Appointments, Obiano Begs Buhari-punch by Wisk(m): 12:07pm On Apr 25, 2015
Well you can't blame the man.
he is only doing what is expected of him as the governor. he has to try to use his position to favour the people that voted him. even if in the end it is not productive, The least he can do is try.
Re: Consider Ndigbo For Appointments, Obiano Begs Buhari-punch by Wisk(m): 12:07pm On Apr 25, 2015
Well you can't blame the man.
he is only doing what is expected of him as the governor. he has to try to use his position to favour the people that voted him. even if in the end it is not productive, The least he can do is try.

Gov. Wike Caught Sleepingon Duty (photo) / Ambode Sacks Fashola’s, Sister Other Loyalists -change Is Finally Here / #OCCUPYNASS2015 - Can We All Put Together A Common Front To Fight It