Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,499 members, 7,801,308 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:38 PM

Xenophobia: OPC Leader, Gani Adams, Visits South Africa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Xenophobia: OPC Leader, Gani Adams, Visits South Africa (859 Views)

Aisha Buhari Visits South Korea (Photos) / Throwback Picture Of OPC Leader, Gani Adams Back In The Days / ​​OPC Leader, Gani Adams​,​ Visit​s​ South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xenophobia: OPC Leader, Gani Adams, Visits South Africa by HolyHero: 8:37pm On Apr 24, 2015
The National Coordinator of the Oodua Peoples
Congress, Gani Adams, on Thursday visited the
Nigerian Embassy in South Africa in support of
Nigerians affected by the spate of xenophobic
attacks in the country.Mr. Adams promised to
propose to the Nigeria​n​ government the need to
make additional laws that will further protect
Nigerians who have legitimate reasons to be
outside the country.
Mr. Adams was received by the Ambassador at
the Consulate General of Nigeria, Uche Ajulu-
Okeke.
He later addressed Nigerians assuring them that
the mission was doing everything it could to
ensure their safety
He promised to sensitise the Nigeria​n​ government
and Nigerians o​n​ the need to come to the aid of
Nigerians affected by xenophobia in South Africa.
He expressed his willingness to be of support to
the mission and Nigerians in any capacity that his
assistance may be required.
In her welcome remarks, the ambassador narrated
the genesis of xenophobia especially after the post
apartheid era which led to the hate of foreigners
and the eventual violent attacks.
She revealed that some Nigerians were target of
attacks and had their businesses disrupted.
She informed Mr. Adams that the embassy had
dedicated its old building as a camp for Nigerians
to seek refuge in case of any threat or danger.
The OPC leader commended the embassy for its
effort​ since the unwarranted attack on foreigners.
He thanked the ambassador for her hospitality
and the good work she was doing, which he said
was being noticed in Nigeria.
Meanwhile, the interaction was attended by the
executive members of the Nigerian Union in South
Africa, a cross section of Nigerians and members
of the Nigeria Mission in South Africa.

nigeriacamera.net/%E2%80%8Bxenophobia-%E2%80%8B%E2%80%8Bopc-leader-%E2%80%8Bgani-adams%E2%80%8B%E2%80%8B-visit%E2%80%8Bs%E2%80%8B-south-africa/#14299036936912&{"type":"load","argument":"","result":null}
Re: Xenophobia: OPC Leader, Gani Adams, Visits South Africa by temitemi1(m): 8:40pm On Apr 24, 2015
GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE my ROLE MODEL!!

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: OPC Leader, Gani Adams, Visits South Africa by motherlode: 8:57pm On Apr 24, 2015
He should be the next in line!
Re: Xenophobia: OPC Leader, Gani Adams, Visits South Africa by Inkman(m): 8:59pm On Apr 24, 2015
seems OPC has began to regain their senses
thats what they should be doing more often
instead of poking their noses into politics and
dragging the pride of oodua to the mud
Re: Xenophobia: OPC Leader, Gani Adams, Visits South Africa by Nobody: 9:06pm On Apr 24, 2015
Those OPC wey don use all the money wey dem suppose use buy weapons buy jeeps finish.
Re: Xenophobia: OPC Leader, Gani Adams, Visits South Africa by ki02020(m): 9:08pm On Apr 24, 2015
I was about laughing but this is a serious matter so of all the great men we have in nigeria gani adams is the right person to send to SA...dose he have any knowledge on diplomatic engagement at all,GEJ don fall my hand
Re: Xenophobia: OPC Leader, Gani Adams, Visits South Africa by Mortiple(m): 9:19pm On Apr 24, 2015
ki02020:
I was about laughing but this is a serious matter so of all the great men we have in nigeria gani adams is the right person to send to SA...dose he have any knowledge on diplomatic engagement at all,GEJ don fall my hand
GEJ didn't send him, he may have gone on pleasure trip.

Obviously he is trying so hard to impress the Yorubas after his unpopular romance with PDP. Well he needs to do more than this to regain trust amongst his kiths and kins. grin
Re: Xenophobia: OPC Leader, Gani Adams, Visits South Africa by illmatic101(m): 9:25pm On Apr 24, 2015
temitemi1:
GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE my ROLE MODEL!!

Guy no vex, I can only afford a "like" , I dey feel you die grin
Re: Xenophobia: OPC Leader, Gani Adams, Visits South Africa by Udochee(m): 9:28pm On Apr 24, 2015
Gani adams don turn to ambassador of peace...okay o.
Re: Xenophobia: OPC Leader, Gani Adams, Visits South Africa by baybeeboi: 9:28pm On Apr 24, 2015
ki02020:
why now?
Must you misinterpret everything?
Or are you one of the cattle rearers?
Re: Xenophobia: OPC Leader, Gani Adams, Visits South Africa by 9jvirgin(m): 9:28pm On Apr 24, 2015
This makes sense instead of licking gej's ahss
Re: Xenophobia: OPC Leader, Gani Adams, Visits South Africa by temitemi1(m): 9:29pm On Apr 24, 2015
Thanks for the "like" bro!
illmatic101:

Guy no vex, I can only afford a "like" , I dey feel you die grin
Re: Xenophobia: OPC Leader, Gani Adams, Visits South Africa by Nobody: 9:32pm On Apr 24, 2015
Nice Move OPC. while ur counterpart in the East(Massob and bzm) nd South South(mend) are busy drinking ogogoro and forgetting that their pple are being treated badly in SA. im starting to like u. seun or ishilove fp

(1) (Reply)

FG To Review Environmental Sanitation Policy / Why Ojukwu Remained A Revered Figure In Eastern Nigeria / Multichoice Objects To Reduction In Dstv Subscription

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.