Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,146 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:44 AM

REVEALED: Jonathan Sets Trap For Buhari On Handing Over - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / REVEALED: Jonathan Sets Trap For Buhari On Handing Over (3020 Views)

Oil Subsidy Removal, Booby Trap For Buhari – Bamidele / Revealed: Jonathan Plotted Own Stoning In Katsina- Fejiro Oliver / REVEALED: Jonathan’s Friends Aiding Buhari -by Suleiman Gaya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

REVEALED: Jonathan Sets Trap For Buhari On Handing Over by Danielgabby(m): 9:26pm On Apr 24, 2015
1. The ousted administration of
President Goodluck Jonathan
may have deliberately set a
trap to pitch the incoming
government of Maj. Gen
Muhammadu Buhari against
Nigerians for allocating zero
budget at fuel subsidy in the
2015 budget.
The Chairman, House of
Representatives Committee
on Legislative Budget and
Research, Opeyemi Bamidele,
has said the absence of a
provision for fuel subsidy in
the 2015 Appropriation Act is
a bosom y trap for the
incoming administration of the
President-elect, Maj.
Gen.Muhammadu Buhari
(retd.), The Punch
Newspaper eported
Bamidele, in a statement on
Thursday according to The
Punch Newspaper said,
Buhari and the All
Progressives Congress
should understand the full
implications of this and take
immediate steps to let
Nigerians know where they
stand on the matter.
“The truth and reality of the
situation is that the outgoing
PDP administration has,
through the 2015 budget,
removed oil subsidy and it
must be made to accept
responsibility for it rather
than for the incoming APC
administration to bask in the
euphoria of having won an
election without realising the
bosom y trap into which they
and the Nigerian people are
walking into,” he said.
The lawmaker, who
contested the governorship
seat in Ekiti State on the
platform of the Labour Party,
said apart from the reduced
amount of N21bn provided in
the Act for the Subsidy
Reinvestment Programme, no
other provision was made in
the budget for subsidised
welfare services.
Bamidele warned that the
absence of the provision for
continued fuel subsidy
portends grave implications
for the Buhari administration.
The statement read, “To me,
this is definitely a bosom y
trap for the incoming
administration. Those who
were suggesting within the
APC that its incoming
administration might withdraw
fuel subsidy must be
educated that they would be
sending Nigerians a wrong
signal capable of creating the
impression that the APC
either deceived Nigerians to
get their votes or had
reneged on its electoral
promise as a progressive
party.
“This is a serious
development and a defining
moment that calls for the
attention of all well-meaning
Nigerians at home and
abroad. This is the first time
in the last 16 years of our
civilian rule that a new
political party will be taking
over to form a government
and if care is not taken, this
matter is capable of making
the incoming government
morally dead on arrival.
“For the record and for
posterity purposes, I am
opposed to this sudden
removal of fuel subsidy and
I implore Nigerian patriots to
be aware.”
For more scintillating and
juicy stories,
Re: REVEALED: Jonathan Sets Trap For Buhari On Handing Over by banabest(m): 9:28pm On Apr 24, 2015
Packwell, which one is trap again, Buhari will navigate is way..
Re: REVEALED: Jonathan Sets Trap For Buhari On Handing Over by Truth24(m): 9:32pm On Apr 24, 2015
Stale news
Re: REVEALED: Jonathan Sets Trap For Buhari On Handing Over by jascon1(m): 9:33pm On Apr 24, 2015
The topic of this thread is very pedomorphic.

1 Like

Re: REVEALED: Jonathan Sets Trap For Buhari On Handing Over by temitemi1(m): 9:35pm On Apr 24, 2015
GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE my ROLE MODEL!!

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: REVEALED: Jonathan Sets Trap For Buhari On Handing Over by Nobody: 9:39pm On Apr 24, 2015
banabest:
Packwell, which one is trap again, Buhari will navigate is way..

CAPITAL RUBBISH!!!

THE 2015 budget is for period from January 1, 2015 to December 31, 2015. The 2015 budget as presented is being run by Jonathan since the beginning of the year till he hands over on May 29, 2015 without removing Petroleum subsidy. That is for 5 months of 2015.

For 5 months of the year, GEJ/PDP have managed the economy with the massive funding for elections and even reduced pump price of petrol. APC government should roll-up their sleeves and brace up to manage the budget as presented for the remaining 7 months of 2015. We expect a balanced budget as the first test of APC government grin grin grin

Any attempt to increase pump price on the excuse that no provision was made for subsidy SHALL BE VEHEMENTLY RESISTED
Re: REVEALED: Jonathan Sets Trap For Buhari On Handing Over by iphanyiuma(m): 9:48pm On Apr 24, 2015
Well done ooo....una no they tire for mumu talk....well done
Re: REVEALED: Jonathan Sets Trap For Buhari On Handing Over by seankafor(m): 9:50pm On Apr 24, 2015
temitemi1:
GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE my ROLE MODEL!!
bio hazard gone awol

1 Like

Re: REVEALED: Jonathan Sets Trap For Buhari On Handing Over by banabest(m): 10:03pm On Apr 24, 2015
Xetima:

CAPITAL RUBBISH!!!

THE 2015 budget is for period from January 1, 2015 to December 31, 2015. The 2015 budget as presented is being run by Jonathan since the beginning of the year till he hands over on May 29, 2015 without removing Petroleum subsidy. That is for 5 months of 2015.

For 5 months of the year, GEJ/PDP have managed the economy with the massive funding for elections and even reduced pump price of petrol. APC government should roll-up their sleeves and brace up to manage the budget as presented for the remaining 7 months of 2015. We expect a balanced budget as the first test of APC government grin grin grin

Any attempt to increase pump price on the excuse that no provision was made for subsidy SHALL BE VEHEMENTLY RESISTED

We are Nigerian anyway na way. If they increase it, which i know they won't the only thing We can do is to carry placade. Bottomline GEJ and GMB na the same thing. But God pass them
Re: REVEALED: Jonathan Sets Trap For Buhari On Handing Over by richidinho(m): 10:08pm On Apr 24, 2015
I tot the budget was wt the National Assembly since December, even before election

Is he jst noticing it?

Honestly the earlier we scrap this House of Reprentathieves the better for us
Re: REVEALED: Jonathan Sets Trap For Buhari On Handing Over by wwwbabe(f): 10:08pm On Apr 24, 2015
Nawaaoo make dis buhari govt no turn to town crier propagander.
Re: REVEALED: Jonathan Sets Trap For Buhari On Handing Over by ki02020(m): 10:11pm On Apr 24, 2015
BADBELLE IS ALLOWED
Re: REVEALED: Jonathan Sets Trap For Buhari On Handing Over by Godisnear(m): 10:49pm On Apr 24, 2015
Poo
Re: REVEALED: Jonathan Sets Trap For Buhari On Handing Over by PPAngel(f): 11:00pm On Apr 24, 2015
The APC will remove subsidy. They are already blaming jonathan.

In one year Nigerians go know say dem don enter one chance.

APC is Muslim Brotherhood

Buhari is Morsi in the making!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: REVEALED: Jonathan Sets Trap For Buhari On Handing Over by Deputyvictor(m): 11:18pm On Apr 24, 2015
Wat brought religion issue into dis?
Lets stick to really and speak with a tongue of truth

contributes wisely don't always base ur comment on sentiment,
yea every body can not belong to one party for the sake of competition.

Give wat ppl will always give a second thought, comprehend and appreciate.
U'll be glad ur self for given such contributions.

#Good night
Re: REVEALED: Jonathan Sets Trap For Buhari On Handing Over by ZACHIE: 11:58pm On Apr 24, 2015
jascon1:
The topic of this thread is very pedomorphic.
I'm liking the post for PEDOMORPHIC.
Nice word!!!

2 Likes

Re: REVEALED: Jonathan Sets Trap For Buhari On Handing Over by YoursGEJ(m): 12:22am On Apr 25, 2015
Which one be bosom trap again? This nairaland censorship is hindering information flow
Re: REVEALED: Jonathan Sets Trap For Buhari On Handing Over by efilefun(m): 12:32am On Apr 25, 2015
PPAngel:
The APC will remove subsidy. They are already blaming jonathan.

In one year Nigerians go know say dem don enter one chance.

APC is Muslim Brotherhood

Buhari is Morsi in the making!

2 Likes

Re: REVEALED: Jonathan Sets Trap For Buhari On Handing Over by jahbiz: 12:33am On Apr 25, 2015
Before one becomes a Gen in the army, one must have overcome many traps.
This aint a real trap to my President.
Re: REVEALED: Jonathan Sets Trap For Buhari On Handing Over by Lilprincey(m): 2:49am On Apr 25, 2015
Even thouqh the set rat trap it can't stop CHANGE from cominq..#GMB
Re: REVEALED: Jonathan Sets Trap For Buhari On Handing Over by ifyan(m): 3:09am On Apr 25, 2015
Una don start oh! Looking for whom to blame for any inconvenience you may encountered in power.

Before the game starts Nigerians be prepared for what may happen.

You know. .....
Re: REVEALED: Jonathan Sets Trap For Buhari On Handing Over by Orunto: 3:50am On Apr 25, 2015
Just review the Budget to sooth the in-coming Buhari Administration. Don't go gun-trotting where there is no crime.
Re: REVEALED: Jonathan Sets Trap For Buhari On Handing Over by Nobody: 4:49am On Apr 25, 2015
J
Re: REVEALED: Jonathan Sets Trap For Buhari On Handing Over by ayaside(m): 5:00am On Apr 25, 2015
I hate to say this......."where is the sense in this write-up?"

(1) (Reply)

The Bloody Day General Murtala Ramat Mohammed Was Assassinated In A Coup D'état / I Support Restructuring, I Can’t Remarry My Wife From Biafra - Akeredolu / FYI: Do You Know That States Gets 100% Of Personal Tax & 85% Of VAT?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.