Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,460 members, 7,781,330 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:36 PM

Xenophobia: Malawi Begins Closure Of S'african Businesses - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Xenophobia: Malawi Begins Closure Of S'african Businesses (2733 Views)

Abiriba King Orders Closure Of Police Stations Over IPOB Women, Soldiers Faceoff / Protest In Ibadan Over Closure Of Business Premises (pics) / Xenophobia:we Will Shut Down S'african Firms In The Country -nigeria Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xenophobia: Malawi Begins Closure Of S'african Businesses by izu777: 9:41pm On Apr 24, 2015
Following the ongoing xenophobic attack in South Africa where two Malawians were killed, the Malawian government is to close all South African owned businesses today - the 24th of April.

After 390 Malawians were resuced from South Africa two days ago, the government decided to henceforth place embargo on South African companies such as Shoprite, Games, PEP among others operating in the country. The decision according to report will take effect from today (Friday).

PS: This article is a summarized version of the original news

Source: http://thesummary.com.ng/index.php/political-news/item/495-xenophobia-malawi-begins-closure-of-s-african-businesses

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Malawi Begins Closure Of S'african Businesses by WisdomFlakes: 9:46pm On Apr 24, 2015
Whoa! This is getting serious.
Re: Xenophobia: Malawi Begins Closure Of S'african Businesses by Rockyheight: 9:48pm On Apr 24, 2015
Good idea

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Malawi Begins Closure Of S'african Businesses by Nobody: 9:58pm On Apr 24, 2015
Welcum development, other african countries shud follow there footsteps, we'r all afrikans . . If southafricans can do dis against there follow Africans, wat shud nw b said of europeans that r racists bt dont take their's 2dis extent. . Nigerians ova dia its beta u cum bck to ur homeland 'ile la bor simi oko, bi emi bawa ireti nbe' . . Our president and hz entourage r suffering 4rm d election loss nt botherd abt her citizens least sumfin suld av been done. . Shoprite,MTn and multichoice extorting us shud be closed down until xenophic attacks s been stoppd. . . Team say no to #extortionists.southafrikans. . Sayno2xenophobia

3 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Malawi Begins Closure Of S'african Businesses by cjrane: 9:59pm On Apr 24, 2015
A country that care for their people. Why can't Nigeria take any action to bite back at South Africa?

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Malawi Begins Closure Of S'african Businesses by ki02020(m): 10:03pm On Apr 24, 2015
Not suprise my country is yet to take a firm action.....I have a president that blow cold when he was meant to blow hot and blow hot when he should have blow cold

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Malawi Begins Closure Of S'african Businesses by horlarlorwor(m): 10:10pm On Apr 24, 2015
Nigeria Govt should have come up with a good idea that will be felt by the SAG... Malawi govt took that step b'cos of lost of their citizen, if NG have not lost up to 20000 citizens, drastic action will never unfold. Ask me y? Because here @home, many lives were lost, millions were displaced yet the incubent govt couldn't take action grin grin , how much more in a far country like SA. May 29 on point...

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Malawi Begins Closure Of S'african Businesses by Nobody: 10:24pm On Apr 24, 2015
the _stupid action of the black lazy south africans will affect the businesses of their white masters. We black people still have a very long way to go..... smh sha
Re: Xenophobia: Malawi Begins Closure Of S'african Businesses by mrofficial(m): 10:27pm On Apr 24, 2015
Good. When is Nigeria starting?
Re: Xenophobia: Malawi Begins Closure Of S'african Businesses by baybeeboi: 10:39pm On Apr 24, 2015
I like Nigeria on this......patiently waiting maturely.
#InPeteEdochie'sVoice......''when you are done,tell me''
Re: Xenophobia: Malawi Begins Closure Of S'african Businesses by Nobody: 10:42pm On Apr 24, 2015
Modified.
Re: Xenophobia: Malawi Begins Closure Of S'african Businesses by ULSHERLAN(m): 10:43pm On Apr 24, 2015
And emptyhen is threatening Nigerians in Nigeria. Smh

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Malawi Begins Closure Of S'african Businesses by leshluap(m): 10:44pm On Apr 24, 2015
Okay.
Re: Xenophobia: Malawi Begins Closure Of S'african Businesses by tspaqs(f): 11:04pm On Apr 24, 2015
lygn19:
if it's Gej by now, some ediots wud jump up and start saying he is weak, he is useless, he is clueless, let's see how Buhari's administration handles dz...
I guess you're the biggest 'ediot' .. Has buhari's administration assumed office? Ehn?!! .. As of now, it's still Jonathan's responsibility. Get that!

5 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Malawi Begins Closure Of S'african Businesses by Nobody: 11:04pm On Apr 24, 2015
lygn19:
if it's Gej by now, some ediots wud jump up and start saying he is weak, he is useless, he is clueless, let's see how Buhari's administration handles dz...
. . . . Did you just say 'if it is gej by now?' So who is the sitting president right now? Why are you so d*mb? Anyways,a you are as clueless as your president, so i wont blame you. Smh!!!

4 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Malawi Begins Closure Of S'african Businesses by Nobody: 11:06pm On Apr 24, 2015
tspaqs:
I guess you're the biggest idiot.. Has buhari's administration.. As of now, it's still Jonathan's responsibility. Get that!
. . . . . . I am glad i am not the only one who spotted that out sis! Some people can't just stop amazing me! Imagine him expressing his foolishness and cluelessness to the whole world! Some people sha!
Re: Xenophobia: Malawi Begins Closure Of S'african Businesses by Nobody: 11:06pm On Apr 24, 2015
LoL
Re: Xenophobia: Malawi Begins Closure Of S'african Businesses by Nobody: 11:32pm On Apr 24, 2015
Good
Re: Xenophobia: Malawi Begins Closure Of S'african Businesses by UnknownT: 12:22am On Apr 25, 2015
ki02020:
Not suprise my country is yet to take a firm action.....I have a president that blow cold when he was meant to blow hot and blow hot when he should have blow cold
If you close MTN, SPAR n co, how many South Africans will it affect directly and how many Nigerians will it also affect. Are there south africans in Nigeria that run SME kinda business? Those are the kind of business( one man business) you will close and it will hit the SA owners well. Shutting down big SA companies( which are mostly owned by white SA) in Nigeria will only turn and backfire against us. So cut the president some slack

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: Malawi Begins Closure Of S'african Businesses by sarmiie(m): 12:57am On Apr 25, 2015
i think we need to chill, take a step back and reexamine this situation......

closing down MTN, Shoprite and co would be counterproductive to our economy, coz let's face it, we r still not out of the woods yet in terms of revenue. bluntly put, we need these companies..

something nedds to be done, but closing them down is not an option.....

i just pity the sensible and law abiding South Africans in malawi n everywhere else.....

when the guilty are suffering, the innocent sometimes partake..
Re: Xenophobia: Malawi Begins Closure Of S'african Businesses by acesoul(m): 12:58am On Apr 25, 2015
rendering millions of people jobless is not the way forward...diplomacy is much better or better atill the isreali "visa denial" Method
Re: Xenophobia: Malawi Begins Closure Of S'african Businesses by Octaves(m): 1:46am On Apr 25, 2015
that's a great country right there. SA needs to be taught a lesson. Isreal has already refused entry to one of their ministers. good for them.
Re: Xenophobia: Malawi Begins Closure Of S'african Businesses by cy4cent(f): 2:11am On Apr 25, 2015
I SMH for those saying we should not do anything to their businesses, simply cos we would lose jobs, what happened to nationalizing their businesses like we did British oil?

it is Ghana or cotonu's turn to deal with us because diplomacy is the way to go according to us,
we have gradually turned cowardice to a way of life,

those countries taking action, don't they know the meaning of diplomacy?
we are here speaking grammar behind our phones n laptops.
Re: Xenophobia: Malawi Begins Closure Of S'african Businesses by ifyan(m): 2:35am On Apr 25, 2015
Sauti are bringing wahala for dia head .

Kai Sauti wen una go stat to dr wok .

You know. .....
Re: Xenophobia: Malawi Begins Closure Of S'african Businesses by ifyan(m): 2:38am On Apr 25, 2015
sarmiie:

closing down MTN, Shoprite and co would be counterproductive to our economy, coz let's face it, we r still not out of the woods yet in terms of revenue. bluntly put, we need these companies..

i just pity the sensible and law abiding South Africans in malawi n everywhere else.....

And let people die like chicken.

My bro know this situation like this needs strong hand.

Thank me later. .....

You know. .....
Re: Xenophobia: Malawi Begins Closure Of S'african Businesses by BlackGirlsCode: 2:39am On Apr 25, 2015
WisdomFlakes:
Whoa! This is getting serious.

The world that once fought for SA is now closing its doors on her.
Re: Xenophobia: Malawi Begins Closure Of S'african Businesses by mrofficial(m): 3:02am On Apr 25, 2015
lygn19:

OMG! Just shut up. Jeez...!

Your ignorance is provoking. angry

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Malawi Begins Closure Of S'african Businesses by ofala(m): 5:40am On Apr 25, 2015
lygn19:

Who is Nigeria's President today? Please remind me, sometimes I forget such facts.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Malawi Begins Closure Of S'african Businesses by sinkhole: 6:58am On Apr 25, 2015
I wonder what will be the fate of NAIRA(its currently bad for our dear naira) if we close down MTN, DSTV etc! The Jega-action Nigerian gvt is taking now is the best and afterall no single Nigerian have been reported killed!
Re: Xenophobia: Malawi Begins Closure Of S'african Businesses by Strongfaze(m): 8:04am On Apr 25, 2015
sarmiie:

. My friend I disagree. When one door closes several opens. Do you think Nigeria can't survive without MTN or shoprite? I don't believe that at all. Besides, Nigeria has a very, very wide market and South Africa will be the biggest losers.
Re: Xenophobia: Malawi Begins Closure Of S'african Businesses by Nobody: 1:25pm On Apr 25, 2015
Strongfaze:
. My friend I disagree. When one door closes several opens. Do you think Nigeria can't survive without MTN or shoprite? I don't believe that at all. Besides, Nigeria has a very, very wide market and South Africa will be the biggest losers.
a bulk of Nigerias revenue come from crude oil and natural gas. If mtn goes or shoprit or anyone it wud change d price of crude oil in d market...
Re: Xenophobia: Malawi Begins Closure Of S'african Businesses by sarmiie(m): 7:06pm On Apr 25, 2015
Strongfaze:

i'm not saying that we would never bounce back if we bounce them off. but, at the moment, our own economy sef need help. with the oil issue and us having to borrow money from world bank, we cant afford any hits on our economy.....

if it was two years ago, i'd have agreed to chase them off, but in 2015, no way.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Imo Police Command Arrest Four Priests, Shuts Down Cathedral Over Dpo’s Shooting / Even Nigerian Police Officers Can't Spell Correctly (SEE PHOTO) / BREAKING: Twin Blasts Hit Maiduguri, Score Feared Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.