Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,281 members, 7,807,941 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:15 PM

17 Major Generals, 14 Brigadier Generals Retired From Nigerian Army - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 17 Major Generals, 14 Brigadier Generals Retired From Nigerian Army (50513 Views)

Army Redeploy 6 Major Generals, 5 Brigadier Generals In New Shakeup / List Of Army Generals Retired By Nigeria Army / 17 Major Generals, 14 Brigadier Generals Retired From Nigerian Army (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 17 Major Generals, 14 Brigadier Generals Retired From Nigerian Army by dapsonlou(m): 7:03am On Apr 25, 2015
Reference:

The armed forces is not a part neither is it interested in your partisan politics. Its appointments, promotions and retirements are according to its traditions, laws and programmes. It is a stronger institution than politics and democracy so it is unreasonable to imagine it aligns itself to them.

You must be living in a different country. Someone of them were retired cause coming next month they Will be fired with no benefits. Some wants to Join politics. If GMB can do it I can do it too, that's what's in the mind of most of them. Someone will get ministerial post
Re: 17 Major Generals, 14 Brigadier Generals Retired From Nigerian Army by cjayoga: 7:04am On Apr 25, 2015
A ROUTINE ND ARMY TRADITION, BUT D COAS SUPPOSE JOIN IN D RETIREMNT TOO.
Re: 17 Major Generals, 14 Brigadier Generals Retired From Nigerian Army by otunbadan(m): 7:05am On Apr 25, 2015
juman:

You talked nonsense. Are you one of the snipers hired?

You be nonsense man.

Talk more nonsense more than 28-35 years of service can your father or your generation afford d sacrifices of risking their lives, you just wake up with free mb and type rubbish. Silly he goat.
Re: 17 Major Generals, 14 Brigadier Generals Retired From Nigerian Army by otunbadan(m): 7:06am On Apr 25, 2015
cjayoga:
A ROUTINE ND ARMY TRADITION, BUT D COAS SUPPOSE JOIN IN D RETIREMNT TOO.

One idiot blogger said He did with gallant pulling out, but that was a lie
Re: 17 Major Generals, 14 Brigadier Generals Retired From Nigerian Army by Olalimits(m): 7:07am On Apr 25, 2015
Yasher:
Indeed! President GEJ is a man with love for His country. He wants to create a smooth ground For the new administration to ride on by minimising potential Threats.

Now, that's a leader with class. I pray the scale of hate fall from the eyes of those who senselessly heave insult on you sir. May God forgive their ignorance and pardon them of the offence of disobedience to one in authority.
If his reign were to be divine, we won't be happy he's leaving, he wouldn't gather this much enemies & he won't be running from pillar to post at this late hour. To you all who have been ranting rubbish, GEJ is the GCAF(Grand Commander of the Armed Forces) so, he alone has the power to sack & retire Generals & whosoever. Guess he did cause of GMB's result saga & for the Ekiti elections. GEJ, Obanikoro, Ngozi Okonjo-Oniwahala, FFK(the dancer), Deiziani, PEJ & all others involved in dragging Nigeria's name in the mud should start running ooo

1 Like

Re: 17 Major Generals, 14 Brigadier Generals Retired From Nigerian Army by prophetfire: 7:08am On Apr 25, 2015
Oga jonathan, these guys didnt lose the elections with you.oga jona no wan go down alone.
Re: 17 Major Generals, 14 Brigadier Generals Retired From Nigerian Army by otunbadan(m): 7:08am On Apr 25, 2015
dapsonlou:

You must be living in a different country. Someone of them were retired cause coming next month they Will be[b] fired with no benefits[/b] Some wants to Join politics. If GMB can do it I can do it too, that's what's in the mind of most of them. Someone will get ministerial post

Impossible highly impossible, their years of service no be joke
Re: 17 Major Generals, 14 Brigadier Generals Retired From Nigerian Army by socialmediaman: 7:09am On Apr 25, 2015
Spot on. I recommend your comment as a bill to the National Assembly, lol. Well you just said my mind.

PassingShot:

I think his being bold now is from position of weakness and not of strength.

Now, he has NOTHING to lose hence the "boldness". If not, Oduah would have gone long before she was relieved. Diezani would not have still remained a minister. Suleman Abba and many of the Service Chiefs would have been kicked out long ago but Jonathan was unsecured.

Happy this ball-less leader will soon be history. He was a big error.

1 Like

Re: 17 Major Generals, 14 Brigadier Generals Retired From Nigerian Army by Fadelex(m): 7:10am On Apr 25, 2015
baybeeboi:
the death of Mr English
excuse me
Re: 17 Major Generals, 14 Brigadier Generals Retired From Nigerian Army by Johnsinia(m): 7:12am On Apr 25, 2015
babadem2much:
I think they pleaded with the outgoing president to retire them for fear of what we befall them.
My obsevations;
1. Certificate saga n election berayal didn't work.
2. Excess looting
3.BH sabotage
4. Fear of eternal stay in kirikiri.

All this will not save their asses.

Please Babanowthatyouknowallthis

#jailthemall
You are a fool, sending a general to kirikiri is equal to the military dethrowning the president and taking over Nigeria. You think say army na police.
Re: 17 Major Generals, 14 Brigadier Generals Retired From Nigerian Army by KingTom(m): 7:12am On Apr 25, 2015
makzeze:
Major General Olusegun Obasanjo (jnr) should be retired too.
Lt. Col Adeboye Obasanjo!! is not a Maj. Gen. undecided

Re: 17 Major Generals, 14 Brigadier Generals Retired From Nigerian Army by PassingShot(m): 7:13am On Apr 25, 2015
socialmediaman:
Spot on. I recommend your comment as a bill to the National Assembly, lol. Well you just said my mind.

Lol @ a bill to the NA cheesy
Re: 17 Major Generals, 14 Brigadier Generals Retired From Nigerian Army by Justicealh3(m): 7:20am On Apr 25, 2015
Reason? & They names?
Re: 17 Major Generals, 14 Brigadier Generals Retired From Nigerian Army by sammyj: 7:21am On Apr 25, 2015
Nothing will happen, it is opportunity for others to get promoted! !!
eagleeye2:
Hmmmm. this retirement get as e be ohh.
Make Army no vex carry out something wey we don forget.
Re: 17 Major Generals, 14 Brigadier Generals Retired From Nigerian Army by galadima77(m): 7:21am On Apr 25, 2015
vacanci:
As military generals, they probably have attained the 35 years of service for retirement. They were not sacked.

no offence intended but I really doubt it's because of their years in the service especially the brigadier generals
Re: 17 Major Generals, 14 Brigadier Generals Retired From Nigerian Army by Super1Star: 7:23am On Apr 25, 2015
KriTic24A:
We know it will come to this.
Remember Ekiti election was supervised by a general?

Your favourite actions today might be your major undoing tomorrow.

Did i hear you say Karma?

Was the presidential election supervised by a general too?

Was the National Assembly supervised by a general too?

Was the house of assembly supervised by a general too?

Fayose, as uncouth and thuggish as he is, he is popular with his people, just admit that.

1 Like

Re: 17 Major Generals, 14 Brigadier Generals Retired From Nigerian Army by searider(m): 7:24am On Apr 25, 2015
GMB will retire more come May 29. He is like a Messiah to the military.
Re: 17 Major Generals, 14 Brigadier Generals Retired From Nigerian Army by emmykk(m): 7:25am On Apr 25, 2015
9jvirgin:
Retiring and sacking people that participated in your hopeless and clueless government is welcomed.

Extend the same hand to your media dogs.......reuben agbaosi, fani werepe and Doyin okugbe.... cool
any public officer or military personel that retired now is good,you will get all your entitlement now that your boss Gej is retiring you than you enemy.

Ritirement is a blessing not a curse.
Re: 17 Major Generals, 14 Brigadier Generals Retired From Nigerian Army by mygee33(m): 7:30am On Apr 25, 2015
someone needs to go fill up the thier vacum. i de go join Army sharp sharp
Re: 17 Major Generals, 14 Brigadier Generals Retired From Nigerian Army by Fourwinds: 7:31am On Apr 25, 2015
GenBuhari:
Why doesn't GEJ hand over 1st May 2015, why is he still retiring Generals, is this the actions of a man about to step down in a few weeks?
i suspect GEJ. D way he is sacking and army retiring is suspicious. Is it to cover up certain deeds. Time will tell
Re: 17 Major Generals, 14 Brigadier Generals Retired From Nigerian Army by jayuche: 7:32am On Apr 25, 2015
webtroller:
Saw this on NTA News this evening. 17 Major Generals and 14 Brigadier Generals have been retired from Nigerian army today April 24th
Source:http://lindaikeji..com/2015/04/17-major-generals-13-brigadier-generals.html?m=1

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/army-pulls-out-31-retired-generals-from-service/207689/
why is it that you guys here always pick holes in anything that JEG does? Show some respect to our leaders pls
Re: 17 Major Generals, 14 Brigadier Generals Retired From Nigerian Army by Nobody: 7:32am On Apr 25, 2015
dapsonlou:

You must be living in a different country. Someone of them were retired cause coming next month they Will be fired with no benefits. Some wants to Join politics. If GMB can do it I can do it too, that's what's in the mind of most of them. Someone will get ministerial post

Fired with no benefit? U think its the police? You are so freaking dumb and ignorant
Re: 17 Major Generals, 14 Brigadier Generals Retired From Nigerian Army by Fourwinds: 7:33am On Apr 25, 2015
theV0ice:
How many Generals come remain for the army?? shocked
d one of Ekiti saga fit dey among self. Lets watch
Re: 17 Major Generals, 14 Brigadier Generals Retired From Nigerian Army by Chukzy001(m): 7:34am On Apr 25, 2015
GenBuhari:
Why doesn't GEJ hand over 1st May 2015, why is he still retiring Generals, is this the actions of a man about to step down in a few weeks?
GEJ didn't retire them, the generals av spent their 35 metrimonous service years as required.
Re: 17 Major Generals, 14 Brigadier Generals Retired From Nigerian Army by Fourwinds: 7:37am On Apr 25, 2015
babadem2much:
I think they pleaded with the outgoing president to retire them for fear of what we befall them.
My obsevations;
2. Excess looting
3.BH sabotage

#jailthemall
i will go with dis. D Ekiti saga General may be among
Re: 17 Major Generals, 14 Brigadier Generals Retired From Nigerian Army by humberjade: 7:37am On Apr 25, 2015
This might not even be connected to d scenarios that played out in d last Gen Elections u know...Forget about Abba's sack.

This might be measures taken to prevent military coup from taking place. OBJ did same immediately he got elected; he retired lots of military personnel that he felt might want to topple his govt.

The only suspicion in this is dat it is taking place at the twilight of an administration...
Re: 17 Major Generals, 14 Brigadier Generals Retired From Nigerian Army by Qyubee(m): 7:39am On Apr 25, 2015
9jvirgin:
Retiring and sacking people that participated in your hopeless and clueless government is welcomed.

Extend the same hand to your media dogs.......reuben agbaosi, fani werepe and Doyin okugbe.... cool
fani werepe..lmao
Re: 17 Major Generals, 14 Brigadier Generals Retired From Nigerian Army by 1forall: 7:41am On Apr 25, 2015
No names? Who are they?
Re: 17 Major Generals, 14 Brigadier Generals Retired From Nigerian Army by Chukzy001(m): 7:42am On Apr 25, 2015
galadima77:

no offence intended but I really doubt it's because of their years in the service especially the brigadier generals

Some could be denied promotion @ a certain point in dia life; as a result their years wud still be counting. Maybe some could av failed "promex" (promotion exams) @ a time in their career. So its possible 2 see brig gens απϑ even very old colonels with 35yrs of service

1 Like

Re: 17 Major Generals, 14 Brigadier Generals Retired From Nigerian Army by wanimo: 7:46am On Apr 25, 2015
babadem2much:
My obsevations;
2. Excess looting
3.BH sabotage

#jailthemall
#Buharibringoutyourgirls
Re: 17 Major Generals, 14 Brigadier Generals Retired From Nigerian Army by Nobody: 7:49am On Apr 25, 2015
I don't know the fuss over this retirement. These generals ain't the first to be retired and certainly won't be the last as appointment/hiring and retirement of officers/men in the armed forces is a routine exercise. Many have retired under GEJ before now and even under Buhari many would still retire if conditions for retirement are met.
Re: 17 Major Generals, 14 Brigadier Generals Retired From Nigerian Army by wanimo: 7:50am On Apr 25, 2015
Olalimits:

If his reign were to be divine, we won't be happy he's leaving, he wouldn't gather this much enemies & he won't be running from pillar to post at this late hour. To you all who have been ranting rubbish, GEJ is the GCAF(Grand Commander of the Armed Forces) so, he alone has the power to sack & retire Generals & whosoever. Guess he did cause of GMB's result saga & for the Ekiti elections. GEJ, Obanikoro, Ngozi Okonjo-Oniwahala, FFK(the dancer), Deiziani, PEJ & all others involved in dragging Nigeria's name in the mud should start running ooo
Bullshit. After May 29 .... #Buharibringoutyourgirls

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fayose Shuts Down Access Bank Branch Over Fani-Kayode's Wife's Detention / Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 / Senator Dino Melaye In Court In A Stretcher, Granted Bail (Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.