Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,451 members, 7,801,109 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:03 AM

17 Major Generals, 14 Brigadier Generals Retired From Nigerian Army - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 17 Major Generals, 14 Brigadier Generals Retired From Nigerian Army (50503 Views)

Army Redeploy 6 Major Generals, 5 Brigadier Generals In New Shakeup / List Of Army Generals Retired By Nigeria Army / 17 Major Generals, 14 Brigadier Generals Retired From Nigerian Army (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 17 Major Generals, 14 Brigadier Generals Retired From Nigerian Army by Bevista: 10:01am On Apr 25, 2015
LANRYUS:

It's because you don't know what's going on inside the Army, I can categorically tell you that there are over 70 Major Generals in the NA before this retirement. What is more worrisome is that in some units you have 3 Major Generals reporting to each other, Generals doing the work of Colonel and lower ranks all because they still want to be in the force. The implication is that it is costly to maintain redundant officers and of course that rank are political. Dont be surprised that more will go either now or in the nearest future.
You are probably speaking from a position of knowledge. I was only theorizing or conjecturing in the absence of information. However, I'm curious to know if this fact you've mentioned just became known to GEJ now.

1 Like

Re: 17 Major Generals, 14 Brigadier Generals Retired From Nigerian Army by godunia(m): 10:21am On Apr 25, 2015
If de like,they should retire or resign,if de like they should run out of the country,GMB will get them wherever de re,de should ask umaru Dikko,nobody runs from d wrath of Buhari.De can only fool Jona

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 17 Major Generals, 14 Brigadier Generals Retired From Nigerian Army by Nobody: 10:23am On Apr 25, 2015
Reaper231:

If they have served for 35 yrs or clocked the mandatory retirement age of 60 I guess ur permission is required for them to retire so u can be hapi itz not political.
I hear u.
Re: 17 Major Generals, 14 Brigadier Generals Retired From Nigerian Army by goldtooth: 10:24am On Apr 25, 2015
cy4cent:
Obviously GEJ is angry, and will not go down alone ,he will bring down as many people with him as he can, but one thing I have seen in this past few weeks is that, he could really be bold,if he wants to.

should have applied same boldness in governance all the while, corruption n insecurity would have been dealt a dirty blow.

He was being soft so that people would like him and vote him for second term. If he had returned he would have done brutal shit. Why would a president refuse to do what is right because he wants to get a second term? That to me is selfish. Thank God he was booted out. Good riddance to bad rubbish

1 Like

Re: 17 Major Generals, 14 Brigadier Generals Retired From Nigerian Army by dapsonlou(m): 10:34am On Apr 25, 2015
gbl01:

Fired with no benefit? U think its the police? You are so freaking dumb and ignorant

Take that your tone back to your family compound and tell your family members one by one how freaking dumb they are.

Fire means to Sack someone, in case you don't know Soldiers get relieve of their duties all the Time.
Re: 17 Major Generals, 14 Brigadier Generals Retired From Nigerian Army by dapsonlou(m): 10:37am On Apr 25, 2015
otunbadan:

Impossible highly impossible, their years of service no be joke

Did they care about the years of service of the IG , he got fired, lost his benefits, benefits meaning Pension
Re: 17 Major Generals, 14 Brigadier Generals Retired From Nigerian Army by otunbadan(m): 10:41am On Apr 25, 2015
dapsonlou:

Did they care about the years of service of the IG , he got fired, lost his benefits, benefits meaning Pension

This my friend is a lie, only treason can make someone face that
Re: 17 Major Generals, 14 Brigadier Generals Retired From Nigerian Army by Nobody: 10:48am On Apr 25, 2015
dapsonlou:

Take that your tone back to your family compound and tell your family members one by one how freaking dumb they are.

Fire means to Sack someone, in case you don't know Soldiers get relieve of their duties all the Time.

You need to grow up bro. I don't know what brought family in this although people with no family are fond of insulting the family members of others. Accept my sympathy for the loss
Re: 17 Major Generals, 14 Brigadier Generals Retired From Nigerian Army by Bevista: 10:52am On Apr 25, 2015
Reference:

The armed forces is not a part neither is it interested in your partisan politics. Its appointments, promotions and retirements are according to its traditions, laws and programmes. It is a stronger institution than politics and democracy so it is unreasonable to imagine it aligns itself to them.
In principle, I agree with you. But in practice, this has not been the case in Nigeria of late.

1 Like

Re: 17 Major Generals, 14 Brigadier Generals Retired From Nigerian Army by Charly68: 10:53am On Apr 25, 2015
They are bunch of politicians ,better we have a new set of good,courageous fighters in the nation. These people have really messed up the integrity of our dogged Nigeria military .Good radiance to bad rubbish. The cleaning proccess continues. They fought Boko Haram to no avail and lost the confidence of many Nigerians
Re: 17 Major Generals, 14 Brigadier Generals Retired From Nigerian Army by dontee0(m): 11:17am On Apr 25, 2015
African countries happy over President Jonathan’s defeat – Obasanjo
kunlefayemi..in/2015/04/african-countries-happy-over-president.html?m=1
Re: 17 Major Generals, 14 Brigadier Generals Retired From Nigerian Army by billyG(m): 11:25am On Apr 25, 2015
Y sack them now,GMB shld hav been gvn d honor & glory 2 sack them.
Re: 17 Major Generals, 14 Brigadier Generals Retired From Nigerian Army by ExInferis(m): 11:36am On Apr 25, 2015
ibietela2:
People will just wake up and start talking rubbish, i wonder were it's written that GEJ fired them

He's Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces, you oaf.
Re: 17 Major Generals, 14 Brigadier Generals Retired From Nigerian Army by Frando29(m): 11:48am On Apr 25, 2015
The sack is to pave way for the new army boss in the incoming government.
Re: 17 Major Generals, 14 Brigadier Generals Retired From Nigerian Army by Soukiss(m): 11:57am On Apr 25, 2015
y are ppl complicated things here.somebody said if day retired 31or27 accourded to the Media. howmany go remmend. do u no hw many fat belly general s NA have.what's are there used. useless.let me not go in to dited. those general s hv already retired since last yrs January. so yesterday is there pooling out .some of them come out as senator and rep in there verous community. like major GN kewkibe.major GN sy audu.
Re: 17 Major Generals, 14 Brigadier Generals Retired From Nigerian Army by Nobody: 1:33pm On Apr 25, 2015
Good observation
cy4cent:
Obviously GEJ is angry, and will not go down alone ,he will bring down as many people with him as he can, but one thing I have seen in this past few weeks is that, he could really be bold,if he wants to.

should have applied same boldness in governance all the while, corruption n insecurity would have been dealt a dirty blow.
Re: 17 Major Generals, 14 Brigadier Generals Retired From Nigerian Army by Daykoozy(m): 1:43pm On Apr 25, 2015
Mekybliss:
Could this be the fear of Boko haram??
You sure say that Maputo booty na be Photoshop ojojoro shocked
Re: 17 Major Generals, 14 Brigadier Generals Retired From Nigerian Army by Daykoozy(m): 1:56pm On Apr 25, 2015
[quote author=juman post=33082279]In nigeria military is not a noble profession. Nigeria is primarily destroyed by the military. [/quote
This is the best comment on the thread thus far. Our pot- bellied Generals ascribing lofty ideals to their military careers.
It irks me so much when I hear IBB talk about his sacrifice to the nation. Cameroon, Ethiopia, Eritrea,Egypt, Tunisia all have better soldiers and are better prepared to go to war.
Hopeful Gen Boo Will turn things around.
Re: 17 Major Generals, 14 Brigadier Generals Retired From Nigerian Army by linusbnn(m): 2:27pm On Apr 25, 2015
GenBuhari:
Why doesn't GEJ hand over 1st May 2015, why is he still retiring Generals, is this the actions of a man about to step down in a few weeks?

The Generals go die for their offices abi yu no knw wat it means to be retired?. Other General officers will be decorated and other civilians will be recruited into the Army,that is the circle my frnd. B4 OBJ left power,he also retired some Generals.
Re: 17 Major Generals, 14 Brigadier Generals Retired From Nigerian Army by jaytee01(m): 3:17pm On Apr 25, 2015
cy4cent:

Re: 17 Major Generals, 14 Brigadier Generals Retired From Nigerian Army by ibietela2(m): 3:28pm On Apr 25, 2015
ExInferis:

He's Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces, you oaf.

Your idiotic and foolish father is the oaf, bastard. Next time be civil.
Re: 17 Major Generals, 14 Brigadier Generals Retired From Nigerian Army by ExInferis(m): 3:45pm On Apr 25, 2015
ibietela2:

Your idiotic and foolish father is the oaf, bastard. Next time be civil.

Haha and you call your retort civil?

Anyway, i would have called your unemployed father and his ugly prost1tute wife guilty of crime against humanity for spawning a low life gutter vermin such as you, but i wont since you asked me to be civil.

Dont bother quoting because i dont normally reply to jobless maggots.

Better use the rest of your 2mb data to look for work so you can afford HIV drugs for your sister.

Ta.
Re: 17 Major Generals, 14 Brigadier Generals Retired From Nigerian Army by Mekybliss(f): 6:38am On Apr 26, 2015
Daykoozy:

You sure say that Maputo booty na be Photoshop ojojoro shocked
photoshop?!! Na.
Re: 17 Major Generals, 14 Brigadier Generals Retired From Nigerian Army by Nobody: 6:42am On Apr 26, 2015
The General think they are smart with this retirement they think they will get away from Buhari. Nigeria has Budgeted 5-6 billion dollars each year and these Generals have embezzled most of it,good thing Buhari has repeated on CNN and Al Jazzera he is going to investigate how the funds were spent. The army was poorly equipped and the barrack were never maintained,many of these Generals are going to be jailed just watch.
Re: 17 Major Generals, 14 Brigadier Generals Retired From Nigerian Army by Prospero01(m): 10:08am On Apr 26, 2015
cy4cent:

U are definitely spot on here dear. He acted way to late. His bin meek costs him a lot and people interpreted it as bin clueless. Am sure a lot of people will latter admire him when he must have left and compared his administration to that of his successor. Between are U on Facebook,BMM or whatsapp? Like to add U

1 Like

Re: 17 Major Generals, 14 Brigadier Generals Retired From Nigerian Army by Chigold101(m): 10:29am On Apr 26, 2015
9jvirgin:
Retiring and sacking people that participated in your hopeless and clueless government is welcomed.

Extend the same hand to your media dogs.......reuben agbaosi, fani werepe and Doyin okugbe.... cool
i think there are so many roaming mad people in nairaland & nigeria as a whole. This guy am quoting is one of them.

He doesnt understand that we have maximum years someone has to be in any service, be it civil or military.

Oh i pity GEJ. Every dog, even hopeless ones are also attacking him... Like this guy am quoting.
Re: 17 Major Generals, 14 Brigadier Generals Retired From Nigerian Army by dapsonlou(m): 10:20pm On Apr 26, 2015
gbl01:

You need to grow up bro. I don't know what brought family in this although people with no family are fond of insulting the family members of others. Accept my sympathy for the loss

He insulted his elders and I send him back home with a reply. My sympathy for the loss of your family.
Re: 17 Major Generals, 14 Brigadier Generals Retired From Nigerian Army by KriTic24A: 10:59am On Apr 28, 2015
Super1Star:

Was the presidential election supervised by a general too?

Was the National Assembly supervised by a general too?

Was the house of assembly supervised by a general too?

Fayose, as uncouth and thuggish as he is, he is popular with his people, just admit that.

Just read my comments with an open mind.
I don't have anything against Fayose other than that he should behave according to the ethics of the office he occupies.
If Fayose is the best man Ekiti can push forward as their leader, good for them.
But the main issue here is the soldiers that refused to remember they were professionals on the job but allowed themselves to be used by any government in power.

Don't forget that it was not untill people start shouting that the idea was dropped.
Remember the matter went to court?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Taught they said this Man was brutal / Fayose Shuts Down Access Bank Branch Over Fani-Kayode's Wife's Detention / Lauretta Onochie: EndSARS Campaign Is A Coordinated Attack By Cyber Criminals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.