Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,259 members, 7,807,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:04 PM

Buhari's First Mistake Endorses Corruption. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's First Mistake Endorses Corruption. (2250 Views)

5 Impersonators Of Salisu Buhari, Buhari’s First Son Denied Bail / Buhari First 7 Horrible Acts Since Becoming President Elect / Video Of Muhammadu Buhari First Speech After His Declaration As President Elect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari's First Mistake Endorses Corruption. by udyheart01(m): 6:33am On Apr 25, 2015
We do not want to be too quick to judge and
crucify the President Elect, Gen. Muhammadu
Buhari, since we gave Jonathan one and half
years before calling for his head mildly until it
increased two years later. Beside, it is unkind to
begin to pull down a government you helped to
campaign for in your own little way. But before a
seemingly mistake becomes a norm, we have to
draw attention to it.
What was Buhari thinking when he chose former
governor of Bayelsa State, Timpre Sylva to head
the Inaugural committee? Is he unaware that his
chosen man has a case of fraud hanging on his
neck and battling it out with the EFCC. Let no
one come here to say Sylva predicament is
caused by the FG, who is bent on nailing him.
The truth of it is that he looted his State treasury
as a governor.
If this super corrupt thief is the best among the
lots in APC, I'm afraid to say that we have just
enthroned corruption garbed in the robe of
morality and thorny crown of integrity.
The early sign of a good house that will stand
the test of time is seen from the foundation.
Unfortunately, the inaugural is the foundation of
GMB government and the Chief Builder, Sylva, is
not fit to drive the process. Or are we seeing the
return of a brain drained President.
Buhari just have to prove us wrong and now.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari's First Mistake Endorses Corruption. by kahal29: 6:36am On Apr 25, 2015
udyheart01:
draw attention to it.
as a governor.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/ahmed-joda-heads-buharis-18-man-transition-committee/207718/

https://www.nairaland.com/2276067/ahmed-joda-heads-buharis-18-man#33082375

1 Like

Re: Buhari's First Mistake Endorses Corruption. by vislabraye(m): 6:43am On Apr 25, 2015
How many people in APC can you vouche for

4 Likes

Re: Buhari's First Mistake Endorses Corruption. by chekasforchekas: 6:47am On Apr 25, 2015
Gbam

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari's First Mistake Endorses Corruption. by temitemi1(m): 7:12am On Apr 25, 2015
Bunch of thieves!! GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE my ROLE MODEL!!

7 Likes

Re: Buhari's First Mistake Endorses Corruption. by udyheart01(m): 7:15am On Apr 25, 2015
temitemi1:
Preach It Man!

4 Likes

Re: Buhari's First Mistake Endorses Corruption. by Mcowubaba: 7:16am On Apr 25, 2015
temitemi1:
Lol..u don dey make dis ur Talk popular...I knw say na u start am......cool

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's First Mistake Endorses Corruption. by Imoy(m): 7:17am On Apr 25, 2015
CHANGE
Re: Buhari's First Mistake Endorses Corruption. by socialmediaman: 7:18am On Apr 25, 2015
@udyheart01

This is an inaugural committee, OBJ, Timubu or anyone could head that committee, these people have no business in the cabinet of the president-elect, your mind is playing tricks on you already, wait till this man names his ministers please. He knows what he's doing to the best of my knowledge. Buhari is a no-nonsense man as much as I have known him. Just sit tight and don't join those critics yet

5 Likes

Re: Buhari's First Mistake Endorses Corruption. by papaejima1: 7:20am On Apr 25, 2015
And why do you think they now call him " baba one chance"?

4 Likes

Re: Buhari's First Mistake Endorses Corruption. by MrScript(m): 7:20am On Apr 25, 2015
temitemi1:

How old are u pls.?

4 Likes

Re: Buhari's First Mistake Endorses Corruption. by Caseless: 7:21am On Apr 25, 2015
You all should save us this balderdash and gangue you throw out all the time.
If they had a case against him , pronounced 'guilty as charged' and sent to prison to serve his jail term as prescribed by the court, he wouldn't be anywhere near politics or buhari. Buhari is dealing with a man who has not been convicted for any crime and, I don't think he should act based on allegations that are yet to be proven.
NB: Thesame sylva did not allow buhari to campaign in bayelsa in 2011. Having him around buhari now is a clear testimony of buhari's forgiving spirit.
As far as we can see, sylva is not a corrupt man, until proven otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's First Mistake Endorses Corruption. by Rhozabeth(m): 7:28am On Apr 25, 2015
He that is not guilty should cast the first stone!! The case of pot calling kettle black! Even the Op if properly investigeted will have dirty linen hidden somewhere! This man has not been convicted by any court yet u have convicted him in ur heart.
Re: Buhari's First Mistake Endorses Corruption. by Strongfaze(m): 7:29am On Apr 25, 2015
The issue for me is not by appointing a corrupt individual, its by allowing the law to take its course whenever the need arises whether against a friend or foe.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's First Mistake Endorses Corruption. by Nobody: 7:39am On Apr 25, 2015
Timpre Sylva loved by people because he was sharing the money(wasted development funds) and doing nothing, I mean nothing in bayelsa...
Big time waster/looter when in govt

Bayelsa when would a better governor rule you
Re: Buhari's First Mistake Endorses Corruption. by Hammefeez: 7:45am On Apr 25, 2015
Though, i hate PDP and don't understand their manifesto but, The bilieve i have in @MBuhari actualy prompted me to campaign for him on my facebook, twitter, Mail, Badoo, Eskimi, Whatsapp, 2go, MXchat e.t.c... APC have plans that would benefit the masses even if the candidate is clueless like Fayemi ( Fayemi is a good man but, not a good politician, but the party manifesto guilded him aright).

Now...
If you believe in Baba like i do -- Good

If you understand how APC manifesto works on their Candidates setting APC controled state as an example -- Better

If you know that, the likes of Tinubu, Akande and Oyegun will not want to loose the name 'first men' -- Best

Buhari will change things, He will hit the ground running especially, His first regim.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's First Mistake Endorses Corruption. by galadima77(m): 7:59am On Apr 25, 2015
There's this popular saying that peace is not the absence of war but the presence of justice. So there will always be corrupt people but what matters is wether there's an active system in place to check such tendencies in order to deter them and intending others alike

1 Like

Re: Buhari's First Mistake Endorses Corruption. by DaGC(m): 8:00am On Apr 25, 2015
Caseless:
You all should save us this balderdash and gangue you throw out all the time.
If they had a case against him , pronounced 'guilty as charged' and sent to prison to serve his jail term as prescribed by the court, he wouldn't be anywhere near politics or buhari. Buhari is dealing with a man who has not been convicted for any crime and, I don't think he should act based on allegations that are yet to be proven.
NB: Thesame sylva did not allow buhari to campaign in bayelsa in 2011. Having him around buhari now is a clear testimony of buhari's forgiving spirit.
As far as we can see, sylva is not a corrupt man, until proven otherwise.

I pray you extend this state of mind to many other APC supporters here calling for jail terms for certain ministers and public office holders even though there is not a single case against them. Just allegations, nothing more. undecided
Re: Buhari's First Mistake Endorses Corruption. by PassingShot(m): 8:08am On Apr 25, 2015
OP, what is your understanding of an Inauguration Committee?

Please understand that the primary function of the committee is ceremonial and nothing more.

Or are you saying that a man with organizing ability should not be considered just because he has an unproven case against him?

I want to believe that the case against him is politically motivated and if not he should have been brought to justice since 2012 when the case started.
Re: Buhari's First Mistake Endorses Corruption. by Caseless: 8:12am On Apr 25, 2015
DaGC:

I pray you extend this state of mind to many other APC supporters here calling for jail terms for certain ministers and public office holders even though there is not a single case against them. Just allegations, nothing more. undecided
no one says those in apc are 'sainted' ones. I do want diezani jailed for her atrocities. Her case is beyond mere allegations.
Re: Buhari's First Mistake Endorses Corruption. by starlingbawa(m): 8:18am On Apr 25, 2015
galadima77:
There's this popular saying that peace is not the absence of war but the presence of justice. So there will always be corrupt people but what matters is wether there's an active system in place to check such tendencies in order to deter them and intending others alike

We will see.

I guess I'm patiently waiting to see how this scenario will eventually play out...
Re: Buhari's First Mistake Endorses Corruption. by DaGC(m): 8:18am On Apr 25, 2015
Caseless:
no one says those in apc are 'sainted' ones. I do want diezani jailed for her atrocities. Her case is beyond mere allegations.

This is real hypocrisy considering what you said above. When it suits you, its allegations, while when it comes to others, its beyond mere allegations. Big hypocrite. SMH

Good day sir cool
Re: Buhari's First Mistake Endorses Corruption. by bolaino(m): 8:22am On Apr 25, 2015
udyheart01:
draw attention to it.
as a governor.
My brother, God bless you for making this observation, I myself am a registered member of the APC in this country, But I believe that most of the members of the party are corrupt, what is APC, what is PDP, they are both different sides of the same coin. Don't sweat yourself over these people, They are all the same, Sylva, Atiku, Tinubu, Amaechi, Rochas etc. Are these people not the same people that have various criminal/civil cases hanging on their necks? What are we even saying sef. Smh.
Re: Buhari's First Mistake Endorses Corruption. by dayocash: 8:26am On Apr 25, 2015
One thing u never know is that u never want to know what the Inauguration commiTtee will do. These are people that are just to over see how May 29 handing over will be organised and the most important is the TRANSITION COMMITTEE. Inauguration Committee is not to see to Nigeria Issue but just a mere organisation of party for GMB. Let's stop reasoning abnormally. Pls try to check the Transition Committee and see the kind of people that are there.
Re: Buhari's First Mistake Endorses Corruption. by bright007(f): 8:45am On Apr 25, 2015
all is well that ends well
Re: Buhari's First Mistake Endorses Corruption. by specco(m): 10:21am On Apr 25, 2015
Rhozabeth:
He that is not guilty should cast the first stone!! The case of pot calling kettle black! Even the Op if properly investigeted will have dirty linen hidden somewhere! This man has not been convicted by any court yet u have convicted him in ur heart.

Op, with this your mantra, it seems you are condoning corruption.
'Dont throw the first stone'
'Kettle shouldnt call the pot black'
Are you in anyway insinuating that 'We're in it together?' I hope thats not your thinking 'cause we are definetly not in it together.
Re: Buhari's First Mistake Endorses Corruption. by ribbit: 11:19am On Apr 25, 2015
Me I don't care who heads who or what as long as they get the job done.. After all when the likes of Ngozi and the rest without allegations that we have so much faith in, what did they do? They failed us.

If Buhari likes, let him raise abacha from the dead to head efcc, I don't care.

But If Buhari fhuck up for a minute and failed to deliver, especially on major promises like power, infrastructure, and fight corruption to atleast bearable size. I will curse him to oblivion.
Re: Buhari's First Mistake Endorses Corruption. by Balkan(m): 11:25am On Apr 25, 2015
BUHARI NA BABAONECHANCE
Re: Buhari's First Mistake Endorses Corruption. by runningback(m): 12:11pm On Apr 25, 2015
Its not like Silva is part of his government, it's just a one day thing.
Re: Buhari's First Mistake Endorses Corruption. by Nobody: 12:52pm On Apr 25, 2015
What an adult sees sitting, is what a child can not see while standing. When the illiterate majority voted for their kind who has no certificate, who publicly stated he will 'stabilize the price of crude oil', I gave up on Nigeria. As we speak now, the entire APC team that's jostling for positions are all yesterday's men, no technocrats, no one with credentials, just eternal politicians lacking in smart and efficient knowledge of political engineering and Economic Models.

You can not lead a country when you belong to no school of thoughts, without intellectual prowess and jurisprudence. This CHANGE that majority voted for, looks like a trick. How can Dimipreye Silva, a man who has no knowledge of how to run a state, with EFCC case that's very glaring, lead a transition committee of a Buhari whose strongest history and point is Anti-corruption ? This is a very wrong signal to both the national and international community.

We have been scammed by semi-literate certificate-less #BabaOneChance!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Commissioning Of The Country Of Western Nigeria Tax Office Pay Your Taxes Here / This Photo Will Crack Your Ribs / Opinion: Lagos An "Overrated" City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.