Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat (114675 Views)

Best Data Plan Comparison Between MTN Etisalat Airtel GLO / Latest Cheapest Call Tarrif Plan & Migration For MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat / Short Codes To Check Your Mobile Numbers For Mtn,etisalat,glo And Airtel. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat by Vithouston: 9:20am On Apr 25, 2015
AS A RESPONSE TO XENOPHOBIC SOUTH AFRICA, I HAVE THROWN AWAY MY MTN.
INFACT I SWAPPED IT TO AIRTEL.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat by baybeeboi: 9:21am On Apr 25, 2015
what of Ugitel?
Re: Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat by tucky200(m): 9:21am On Apr 25, 2015
Tanx o..if to say dis sh*t comot 4 exam hall na i 4 dae luk like monkey chei !

Tchewww ....NEXT !!!!!!
Re: Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat by NewNigeriaMind: 9:22am On Apr 25, 2015
Jennynkk:
MTN, ETISALAT, AND AIRTEL are all doing well except GLO is which has died a natural death. whenever I pick up my phone I heard see GLO number on it. Besides of all the networks GLO has the poorest and worst service. I cannot wish my enemy GLO.

The worst network is mtn,

Mtn can go for days without network.

Can you compare mtn to glo in data.

When ever you pick your phone you hardly see glo cause most of your contacts are what.....

You better start promoting your own.

3 Likes

Re: Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat by kindnyce(m): 9:22am On Apr 25, 2015
ALL I WANT IS MTN BE SENT PACKING BACK TO SA

MTN N ODA SA COMPANIES LIKE SHOPRITE DSTV N CO HAS BEEN MILKINGCUS DRY

XENOPHOBIC ATTACKS AND FLAYING OF OUR COURTS ORDERS

1 Like

Re: Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat by Miner13: 9:23am On Apr 25, 2015
Age no be seniority ooooo

Etisalat
Lafff in Swahili
D founder don forget im business teytey hoyel money don enter im eye cally ham go grin grin grin
Re: Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat by motherlode: 9:23am On Apr 25, 2015
shocked
Re: Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat by saintgp(m): 9:24am On Apr 25, 2015
Its "Headquarters" and nt "Headquarter" most of us never knew there's no word like headquarter...

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat by NewNigeriaMind: 9:24am On Apr 25, 2015
Vithouston:
AS A RESPONSE TO XENOPHOBIC SOUTH AFRICA, I HAVE THROWN AWAY MY MTN.
INFACT I SWAPPED IT TO AIRTEL.

The right swap would be to glo.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat by buzquet(m): 9:25am On Apr 25, 2015
What of mtel?
Re: Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat by Regenerated: 9:25am On Apr 25, 2015
Jennynkk:
MTN, ETISALAT, AND AIRTEL are all doing well except GLO is which has died a natural death. whenever I pick up my phone I heard see GLO number on it. Besides of all the networks GLO has the poorest and worst service. I cannot wish my enemy GLO.
You are wrong, to me glo is still the best! Comparing airtel to glo is like comparing gej to gmb! tongue

1 Like

Re: Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat by yusufbida(m): 9:26am On Apr 25, 2015
adextetoo:
no pix? and can anybody tell us the full meaning of Etisalat sef.
Etisalat is an arabic word wch means TO CALL OR BETTER STILL CALLING.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat by Gwan2(m): 9:26am On Apr 25, 2015
Hmmmm MTN.....Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew.
By d way who won dat mtn aeroplane promo tongue
Re: Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat by baybeeboi: 9:28am On Apr 25, 2015
This Babe must be senegalese
Jennynkk:
whenever I pick up my phone I heard see GLO number on it.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat by Gallantwise(m): 9:31am On Apr 25, 2015
Okay!!! That's why Etisalat is so honest with its customers, unlike MTN... Criminals.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat by firetrap(m): 9:33am On Apr 25, 2015
This is just to correct something the O.P said. The headquarters of MTN was moved a few years ago to Lagos Nigeria. its no longer headquartered in Johannesburg.
Re: Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat by Positivist: 9:33am On Apr 25, 2015
adextetoo:
It means 'communications'. It's from Arabic.
Re: Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat by Nobody: 9:38am On Apr 25, 2015
Cool
Re: Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat by VickyRotex(f): 9:42am On Apr 25, 2015
adextetoo:

Etisalat in Arabic means Communication.
Al Etisalat means The Communication.

But its branded: Emirates Telecommunications Corporation.
Re: Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat by Nobody: 9:43am On Apr 25, 2015
nollyway:
nice,,buh i no see starcoms deir nah sad sad

the op is talking about GSM not CDMA
Re: Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat by yusufbida(m): 9:44am On Apr 25, 2015
Segadem:
now you are talking grin
Dat is a complex meaning anyway you try.

Etisalat is arabic word wch means CALLING.
Re: Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat by Jennynkk(f): 9:44am On Apr 25, 2015
GLO is the worst network operating in Nigeria. How many people uses GLO today..I am sure they are less than 100k. Like as I said I cannot wish my enemy a GLO.

Regenerated:

You are wrong, to me glo is still the best! Comparing airtel to glo is like comparing gej to gmb! tongue

1 Like

Re: Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat by seuntope8(m): 9:47am On Apr 25, 2015
Why can't we have more than this four telecom in Nigeria.? This will help increase competition the more..
Re: Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat by Jennynkk(f): 9:50am On Apr 25, 2015
But the same mtn has the highest subscriber? Why is it that glo has the least subscribers in Nigeria? It means that glo is the worst so far.

NewNigeriaMind:

The worst network is mtn,

Mtn can go for days without network.

Can you compare mtn to glo in data.

When ever you pick your phone you hardly see glo cause most of your contacts are what.....

You better start promoting your own.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat by Nobody: 9:50am On Apr 25, 2015
I can't wish my worst enemy GLO.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat by eitsei(m): 9:50am On Apr 25, 2015
banabest:
ETisaALAT 1976 ...smh.. with who or what did they communicate with back then....
etisalat is an Arabic word meaning connection

1 Like

Re: Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat by softwhispers: 9:53am On Apr 25, 2015
Jennynkk:
MTN, ETISALAT, AND AIRTEL are all doing well except GLO is which has died a natural death. whenever I pick up my phone I hardly see GLO numbers on it. Besides of all the networks GLO has the poorest and worst service. I cannot wish my enemy GLO.
What is ur location?
I've personally discovered that there really is no "good" network.
Glo and ETISALAT however, continue to enjoy the distinction of very high speed internet connectivity in CERTAIN SERVICE AREAS.
MTN has the lowest data consumption rate which more than makes up for their not-so-fast internet connectivity.
l still can't see how Airtel stands out, except of course that their reception stretches surprisingly into some very remote villages.
BUT IN THE END, THESE ARE ALL GENERALIZATIONS, SOMETIMES WITH INTERESTING EXCEPTIONS.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat by tartar9(m): 9:54am On Apr 25, 2015
if only etisalat could stop being stingy.what am I using the rest snail speeds to do
Re: Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat by adedapa(m): 9:55am On Apr 25, 2015
I believe we all know that founder and CEO really differs. Also, the owners of MTN aren't South Africans, just using SA as base or HQ when entering Africa' market. The fact!
Re: Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat by NewNigeriaMind: 9:56am On Apr 25, 2015
Jennynkk:
But the same mtn has the highest subscriber? Why is it that glo has the least subscribers in Nigeria? It means that glo is the worst so far.

Hello, last time I checked Glo has more subscribers than Etisalat and Airtel. Airtel having the least.

Google is your friend, check the official data from the regulators.

Why are you trying so hard to run down a Nigeria firm. did any of glo staff break your heart.

4 Likes

Re: Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat by presh247(m): 9:57am On Apr 25, 2015
thanks for the info
Re: Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat by ChiSun27(m): 9:57am On Apr 25, 2015
akashi01:
What about jona?? i heard he brought internet to Nigeria?? grin cheesy grin grin angry angry

nonsenze

When will you grow up?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dropboxing service *all Android Apps and Games {HD included} supported* / A New Tecno Phone (tecno N3) -soon! / Mtn Online Sim Replacement: Is It Possible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.