Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,489 members, 7,808,812 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:14 PM

Tecno Y4 Discussion Threads - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Y4 Discussion Threads (15240 Views)

Innjoo Fire Plus Discussion Threads / How Can I Root Tecno Y4? / Tecno BOOM J7 Discussion Threads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tecno Y4 Discussion Threads by Marvell23(m): 8:23am On Apr 25, 2015
Whatever your style or mood, you’ll glow in your special colors! Discover your unique style through the colors that make your mobile device looks great. 4.0" IPS display, powerful dual camera, Android 4.4, KitKat and more make you feel fabulous.

Key Features
Android 4.4, KitKat,1.0GHz Dual-core,4.0" IPS Touchscreen,Dual Camera 5.0 MP Back Camera with Flash,8GB ROM + 1GB RAM,1800mAh Large Battery,Dual SIM Dual Standby,HotKnot

Operating system : Android 4.4 KitKat
Network : GSM/WCDMA
Band : GSM

Basic Parameter
CUP frequency : 1.0GHz Dual-core
Battery Capacity : 1800mAh

Data
EDGE : Yes
3G : Yes
4G : No

Size
Memory
ROM : 8GB
RAM : 1GB

Camera
Front-facing camera : Rear-facing camera : 5.0 MP and 0.3MP front
Flash Light : Yes
Display Size : 4.0" IPS with 16million colors
Resolution : 480*800
Sensor : G-sensor , Light sensor ,Proximity sensor

Connectivity
Sim card slot : Dual SIM Dual Standby
GPS : Yes
WIFI(WLAN) : Yes
Bluetooth ; Yes, USB port : 5pin micro
Earphone : 3.5mm
HotKnot : yes
price in Nigeria is between N12,000-N14,000

Re: Tecno Y4 Discussion Threads by encryptjay(m): 8:32am On Apr 25, 2015
Y4? Like wtf!!!

1 Like

Re: Tecno Y4 Discussion Threads by IamSimi(m): 8:40am On Apr 25, 2015
still rep infinix zero cool
Re: Tecno Y4 Discussion Threads by Lordaweezy: 8:47am On Apr 25, 2015
SMH.....so this tecno haven't learnt anything!
Re: Tecno Y4 Discussion Threads by Famolove(m): 8:48am On Apr 25, 2015
tecno again
Re: Tecno Y4 Discussion Threads by wtfCode: 9:34am On Apr 25, 2015
others(htc,samsung,nexus) are improving while tecno are going back to time.
Poor battery,poor camera,lacking a lot of things.
Re: Tecno Y4 Discussion Threads by Nobody: 10:21am On Apr 25, 2015
Please post imei of the phone
Re: Tecno Y4 Discussion Threads by Marvell23(m): 11:40am On Apr 25, 2015
wtfCode:
others(htc,samsung,nexus) are improving while tecno are going back to time.
Poor battery,poor camera,lacking a lot of things.
is a low end smartphone. Every company produces low end phone to cater for the low income earner. I think you should understand this better. This is not a flagship as everyone cannot buy phantom Z or Z mini.
Re: Tecno Y4 Discussion Threads by Nobody: 1:00pm On Apr 25, 2015
Marvell23:
is a low end smartphone. Every company produces low end phone to cater for the low income earner. I think you should understand this better. This is not a flagship as everyone cannot buy phantom Z or Z mini.

I think tecno has enough low-end phones to last us a century, let them make 1 high-end phone. At least one

3 Likes

Re: Tecno Y4 Discussion Threads by SirLewis(m): 2:57pm On Apr 25, 2015
Tecno just keeps churning out and recycling the same phones with different models.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tecno Y4 Discussion Threads by ige101(m): 4:46pm On Apr 25, 2015
Y1 next on the list
Re: Tecno Y4 Discussion Threads by erudyt(m): 6:35pm On Apr 25, 2015
Marvell23:
which is better between this and H6 please?
Re: Tecno Y4 Discussion Threads by Nobody: 6:37pm On Apr 25, 2015
if they dnt want to improve on anything let them improve on battery na
Re: Tecno Y4 Discussion Threads by Nobody: 8:04pm On Apr 25, 2015
Zedric:

I think tecno has enough low-end phones to last us a century, let them make 1 high-end phone. At least one
if dem make low own, you na go complain say na chinko dis and dat ,high one una go say heh too deer. Wetin una want again? Human being wants are always insatiable and that's why No product can satisfy all your wants. But shall tecno Bleep up for dis one badly, imagine old wine in new bottle
Re: Tecno Y4 Discussion Threads by grudges: 8:27pm On Apr 25, 2015
e name self is provoking
Re: Tecno Y4 Discussion Threads by Nobody: 10:20pm On Apr 25, 2015
trash
Re: Tecno Y4 Discussion Threads by Borwe: 9:17am On Apr 26, 2015
Problem with Tecno is that it isn't even a legit company, and if the phone Companies their stealing there models from catch them, they would be suied like shit. For example, does everyone remember the Tecno n3? the first smart phone? Well even that one wasn't original, they just took a phone called Q mobile smart s12, and scrapped off their logo and added Tecno. Just check google images and compare. After that they saw that Q mobile Company was also copying Blue dash mobile phone by just making slight body design(Blu is a famous company in Europe for making cheap phones, check gsmarena and compared all their phones with Tecno, you might see no difference, except from Logo.) changes.
And the listss of copy cats goes all the way to even Micromax, the proposed original makers. Micromax processors and RAM design are coppied by Blu Dash.

Q smart is based of Vietnam
Micromax is from China and mostly popular in India
Blu Dash s popular in Europe
And Tecno is popular in Africa.

Have any of you ever tried a ROM of any of the companies devices on a Tecno with similar features, well, they all RUN properly!!!!. Tecno Buy Q smart phones and just scrapp off the name and replace with theirs, this phones are very cheap in Vietnam going for less than $10 dolars. Tecno come to Africa and sell it at almost double the price, but we stupid Africans think it's cheap because their mobile features are almost as good as the so called midrange or some high range phones. EG Tecno H3 beats Samsung Galaxy Trend in processor and RAM, even Android version.

So, With all this, do you stlll think Tecno is a legit company?
NOTE: BLu although copying Micromax processing and RAM structure still offer open source updates to their phones. Their Blu Dash 3.5 counter part for Tecno N3 runs on Jelly Bean right now, but Tecno are selfish to make anything of theirs open source. It's like a small shitty version of Microsoft and a combination with Apple.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Y4 Discussion Threads by mrcassanova(m): 1:22pm On Apr 26, 2015
Borwe:
Problem with Tecno is that it isn't even a legit company, and if the phone Companies their stealing there models from catch them, they would be suied like shit. For example, does everyone remember the Tecno n3? the first smart phone? Well even that one wasn't original, they just took a phone called Q mobile smart s12, and scrapped off their logo and added Tecno. Just check google images and compare. After that they saw that Q mobile Company was also copying Blue dash mobile phone by just making slight body design(Blu is a famous company in Europe for making cheap phones, check gsmarena and compared all their phones with Tecno, you might see no difference, except from Logo.) changes.
And the listss of copy cats goes all the way to even Micromax, the proposed original makers. Micromax processors and RAM design are coppied by Blu Dash.

Have any of you ever tried a ROM of any of the companies devices on a Tecno with similar features, well, they all RUN properly!!!!. Tecno Buy Q smart phones and just scrapp off the name and replace with theirs, this phones are very cheap in Vietnam going for less than $10 dolars. Tecno come to Africa and sell it at almost double the price, but we stupid Africans think it's cheap because their mobile features are almost as good as the so called midrange or some high range phones. EG Tecno H3 beats Samsung Galaxy Trend in processor and RAM, even Android version.

NOTE: BLu although copying Micromax processing and RAM structure still offer open source updates to their phones. Their Blu Dash 3.5 counter part for Tecno N3 runs on Jelly Bean right now, but Tecno are selfish to make anything of theirs open source. It's like a small shitty version of Microsoft and a combination with Apple.

Lengthy but very reasonable.
Re: Tecno Y4 Discussion Threads by Marvell23(m): 5:33pm On Apr 26, 2015
Borwe:

Ur story has no basis and proof. How can a company scratch off another company's logo and put their own? They also scratch off the brand name and model too? Stop bad mouthing you know nothing about tecno. Tecno has their R&grin in France and Korea and you are here bad mouthing

1 Like

Re: Tecno Y4 Discussion Threads by erudyt(m): 7:44pm On Apr 26, 2015
Marvell23:

Ur story has no basis and proof. How can a company scratch off another company's logo and put their own? They also scratch off the brand name and model too? Stop bad mouthing you know nothing about tecno. Tecno has their R&grin in France and Korea and you are here bad mouthing
dude I asked you a question up there.
Re: Tecno Y4 Discussion Threads by Borwe: 6:04am On Apr 27, 2015
Marvell23:

Here is how I found out. Whenever you boot your phone a log is autmatically created in /cache folder. And I guess you know about the Build.prop file in /system folder. Well the log created in the /cache folder claimed that my Phone TECNO N3 was a Q-smart s12. And it is through this cached log file that the Android OS gives Dalvik Cache information on how to run your apps during run time. I also one day out of curiosity went and took a Micromax a57 ROM and edited it slightly at the /System/app directory and flashed it into my Tecno N3, Lo and Behold! everything booted, like if it was the same Phone! The ROM is available in the Alpha Swift Tecno n3 thread, it's called T-Ultimate.
And you probably know about the Tecno N3 ROMs here in Nairaland. For example Eblak by Emmikem. If you look for Roms for Blu Dash 3.5 and Q smart you will come across a 99% similar ROM with it, who's only difference is the color scheme. Again all boot on either phones with no issues.

This lead me to conclude Tecno is not a Legit company. Since all they do is make some physical body changes to another mobile companies device and label it Tecno. Just google around and see for your self.
Tecno isn't legit. And I am a current Tecno User.

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Y4 Discussion Threads by lanre316: 6:52am On Apr 27, 2015
Borwe:

Here is how I found out. Whenever you boot your phone a log is autmatically created in /cache folder. And I guess you know about the Build.prop file in /system folder. Well the log created in the /cache folder claimed that my Phone TECNO N3 was a Q-smart s12. And it is through this cached log file that the Android OS gives Dalvik Cache information on how to run your apps during run time. I also one day out of curiosity went and took a Micromax a57 ROM and edited it slightly at the /System/app directory and flashed it into my Tecno N3, Lo and Behold! everything booted, like if it was the same Phone! The ROM is available in the Alpha Swift Tecno n3 thread, it's called T-Ultimate.
And you probably know about the Tecno N3 ROMs here in Nairaland. For example Eblak by Emmikem. If you look for Roms for Blu Dash 3.5 and Q smart you will come across a 99% similar ROM with it, who's only difference is the color scheme. Again all boot on either phones with no issues.

This lead me to conclude Tecno is not a Legit company. Since all they do is make some physical body changes to another mobile companies device and label it Tecno. Just google around and see for your self.
Tecno isn't legit. And I am a current Tecno User.

I agree with what you said 100%. I am currently using phantom a plus. My research and Google scouting for it's kitkat or lollipop custom ROM led me to discover it's basically a Cherry Mobile Omega HD phone manufactured in Phillipines. Tecno just bought it en masse, manufacture their back cover, box cover and some other peripherals to make it look like theirs. I first thought it was a contract between them and Cherry mobile but now I know better. They are lazy copycats who took advantage of Nigerian situation. They don't even update their phones. My two year old phantom a plus is still stuck on jellybean whereas cherry mobile regularly update their phones. I am planning to give it to my sister as soon as I purchase a new phone. Tecno is not legit. If international laws apply here in Nigeria, that lazy company will be cleaned out by lawsuits.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Y4 Discussion Threads by encryptjay(m): 8:31am On Apr 27, 2015
This Borwe guy is one hell of a researcher.
Re: Tecno Y4 Discussion Threads by encryptjay(m): 8:40am On Apr 27, 2015
lanre316:

I agree with what you said 100%. I am currently using phantom a plus. My research and Google scouting for it's kitkat or lollipop custom ROM led me to discover it's basically a Cherry Mobile Omega HD phone manufactured in Phillipines. Tecno just bought it en masse, manufacture their back cover, box cover and some other peripherals to make it look like theirs. I first thought it was a contract between them and Cherry mobile but now I know better. They are lazy copycats who took advantage of Nigerian situation. They don't even update their phones. My two year old phantom a plus is still stuck on jellybean whereas cherry mobile regularly update their phones. I am planning to give it to my sister as soon as I purchase a new phone. Tecno is not legit. If international laws apply here in Nigeria, that lazy company will be cleaned out by lawsuits.
Updates ain't their thing; instead of looking for how to drop updates, they release new phones and upgrade the version instead making folks to be changing phones anyhow.
Re: Tecno Y4 Discussion Threads by SirLewis(m): 10:30am On Apr 27, 2015
I agree with borwe. All these continuous non stop releases are quite suspicious. Various apps keep indicating that my Tecno P5 is manufactured by a company called Alps. When I looked it up online, Alps is a phone manufacturer that makes phone hardware components, creates roms, and produces its own brand of phones as well as cloned phones of other brands. I guess that explains everything.
Re: Tecno Y4 Discussion Threads by Borwe: 2:02pm On Apr 27, 2015
It's just about time this company gets suied and closed. Tecno better watch out.
Re: Tecno Y4 Discussion Threads by Dlee1(m): 2:23pm On Apr 27, 2015
I love people who do research and unveil some secret.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Y4 Discussion Threads by blackiridis(m): 9:18pm On Apr 27, 2015
price of this phone should be 4k at best
Re: Tecno Y4 Discussion Threads by ZesusHVWritter(m): 4:18pm On May 03, 2015
blackiridis:
price of this phone should be 4k at best
I like am, I go buy to replace my darling tecno m3. na my dream phone, Tecno una sell 7k? na my last price be that..
Re: Tecno Y4 Discussion Threads by neomatrix1027(m): 8:58pm On May 04, 2015
The phone don come out o. Na 15,500 they sell am.
Re: Tecno Y4 Discussion Threads by lanre316: 7:02am On May 05, 2015
neomatrix1027:
The phone don come out o. Na 15,500 they sell am.

Stvpid tecno. 15,500 for a phone with specs of 2013. They could at least make it quad core and give it stronger battery.
Re: Tecno Y4 Discussion Threads by lukmoore: 9:53am On May 05, 2015
I was a Tecno fan until i discovered Infinix now am rocking Hot Note... F**k Tecno

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top 5 Nigerian Apps For Android OS / SIM-NIN Linkage: NCC Rules Out Extension, Telcos Bar 12 Million Lines / Need A Site For Mobile Movie Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.