Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,546 members, 7,801,525 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:30 PM

11 To Go: NYSC 2015 Batch ‘A’ Camp Preparation:18 Tips You Should Know B4 Leavin - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / 11 To Go: NYSC 2015 Batch ‘A’ Camp Preparation:18 Tips You Should Know B4 Leavin (6171 Views)

18 Tips You Should Know Before Leaving Home For CAMP!!! / NYSC 2015 Batch B Oyo / NYSC Orientation Camp Preparation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 11 To Go: NYSC 2015 Batch ‘A’ Camp Preparation:18 Tips You Should Know B4 Leavin by Highziq(m): 9:27am On Apr 29, 2015
Can one come along with his/her laptop?
Re: 11 To Go: NYSC 2015 Batch ‘A’ Camp Preparation:18 Tips You Should Know B4 Leavin by omotalkie(f): 9:28am On Apr 29, 2015
Queenzy:

I am a batch B corper serving in Nasarawa state and when I was in camp, nursing mothers were not allowed to stay with their maids. Nursing mothers were not even allowed to stay in the hostels at all due to the Sanitary condition of the hostels. 

I remember a corper who had twins and they were only about 4 months old, her maid was only allowed to stay with her on the first day. She was sent away by the officials on the second day and the nursing mother was given permission to return home to her husband. 

Nursing mothers were attended to before any other corp member and was allowed to leave the camp immediately back to their husbands house!

If you're married, pregnant or a nursing mother, you should be posted to where your husband is living provided you submitted the appropriate documents stating that you are married.  If you did not submit those documents, then you can apply for redeployment in camp. But be rest assured that nursing mothers and pregnant women will not be allowed to stay in the hostel. The only exceptions were for those that were posted far from their husbands state of residence and married women who were not pregnant. 

For married women who are not pregnant, the decision to stay in camp is yours as you will be given the option of redeployment. But nevertheless, after camp, redeployment is a necessity.

As a nursing mother, my advice is that you go very early, the earlier they finish with you, the better it is for you and your baby. Trust me, you don't want your child getting sick due to a dirty environment. Also, as soon as you get to the camp, ask questions. Ask the female camp officials or soldiers. I'm sure they will tell you the right thing to do

I hope this helps.  
Yeah it helps. Tanx a lot
Re: 11 To Go: NYSC 2015 Batch ‘A’ Camp Preparation:18 Tips You Should Know B4 Leavin by Nobody: 12:12pm On Apr 29, 2015
Highziq:
Can one come along with his/her laptop?

If you want it stolen sure!

Don't go with it. Simply go with your mobile phones, power bank if you have one, and your chargers.

1 Like

Re: 11 To Go: NYSC 2015 Batch ‘A’ Camp Preparation:18 Tips You Should Know B4 Leavin by Nobody: 11:38am On Apr 30, 2015
must one go with his original degree certificate?
Re: 11 To Go: NYSC 2015 Batch ‘A’ Camp Preparation:18 Tips You Should Know B4 Leavin by Nobody: 6:38pm On Apr 30, 2015
onyenze123:
must one go with his original degree certificate?

Yes. You must go with anything Original. Dont take chances.
Re: 11 To Go: NYSC 2015 Batch ‘A’ Camp Preparation:18 Tips You Should Know B4 Leavin by Stanley08(m): 6:58am On May 01, 2015
Now I'm wondering, why do we do all this BS in Nigeria. America doesn't and they are 1000x more successful / developed. Oh well! Embrace what you can't change. Akwa-Ibom Corpers. Abarie o! tongue
Re: 11 To Go: NYSC 2015 Batch ‘A’ Camp Preparation:18 Tips You Should Know B4 Leavin by KenCobblepot(m): 7:16am On May 01, 2015
Cool piece
Re: 11 To Go: NYSC 2015 Batch ‘A’ Camp Preparation:18 Tips You Should Know B4 Leavin by Nobody: 8:45am On May 01, 2015
Re: 11 To Go: NYSC 2015 Batch ‘A’ Camp Preparation:18 Tips You Should Know B4 Leavin by shakol91(m): 8:33am On May 02, 2015
Camp will open on May 5,pls will I be checked in if I resume on May 4? When is the last day for registration?
Re: 11 To Go: NYSC 2015 Batch ‘A’ Camp Preparation:18 Tips You Should Know B4 Leavin by kingsbeko(m): 11:35am On May 02, 2015
shakol91:
Camp will open on May 5,pls will I be checked in if I resume on May 4? When is the last day for registration?
when I was serving, I went a day b4 camp resumed and I was checked in!!! Camp official s resumes a day b4, if u arrive in the evening, Fine!!! But u must be in camp latest 6th!! To avoid questions
Re: 11 To Go: NYSC 2015 Batch ‘A’ Camp Preparation:18 Tips You Should Know B4 Leavin by kingsbeko(m): 11:37am On May 02, 2015
Queenzy:

I am a batch B corper serving in Nasarawa state and when I was in camp, nursing mothers were not allowed to stay with their maids. Nursing mothers were not even allowed to stay in the hostels at all due to the Sanitary condition of the hostels. 

I remember a corper who had twins and they were only about 4 months old, her maid was only allowed to stay with her on the first day. She was sent away by the officials on the second day and the nursing mother was given permission to return home to her husband. 

Nursing mothers were attended to before any other corp member and was allowed to leave the camp immediately back to their husbands house!

If you're married, pregnant or a nursing mother, you should be posted to where your husband is living provided you submitted the appropriate documents stating that you are married.  If you did not submit those documents, then you can apply for redeployment in camp. But be rest assured that nursing mothers and pregnant women will not be allowed to stay in the hostel. The only exceptions were for those that were posted far from their husbands state of residence and married women who were not pregnant. 

For married women who are not pregnant, the decision to stay in camp is yours as you will be given the option of redeployment. But nevertheless, after camp, redeployment is a necessity.

As a nursing mother, my advice is that you go very early, the earlier they finish with you, the better it is for you and your baby. Trust me, you don't want your child getting sick due to a dirty environment. Also, as soon as you get to the camp, ask questions. Ask the female camp officials or soldiers. I'm sure they will tell you the right thing to do

I hope this helps.  
depends on the camp though!!! Served in cross rivers!! And nursing mothers ar given a special accommodation but they won't be allowed to stay fully for 3 weeks
https://www.nairaland.com/1214745/tips-nursing-pregnant-women-nysc

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lady Corper With The Biggest Boobs (see Photos) / Eight Corpers Test Positive For COVID-19 In Bauchi / SOKOTO 2016 Batch A Pcms Let's Rub Minds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.