Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,988 members, 7,806,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:52 AM

Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism (5907 Views)

The Top 10 Lies About Atheism By Nigerians / 10 Common Misconceptions About Atheism / From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism by malvisguy212: 9:34am On Apr 25, 2015
So I've been thinking lately about the
irony in atheists... and when I mean
atheists, I mean the ones that stick to
their guns, who try to define everything
within a material worldview.
From my experience of dealing with
atheists, I've seen them step into a pool
of ironic stupidity, think of this...
"The chances of gravity ceasing to exists
is 0000000000000000000000000000000000 00000001 %." If it did happen it would
be a miracle.

"The chances of the universe being life
permitting is
. 0000000000000000000000000000000001 %." Yet to them, it isn't a miracle?!?!
I don't understand that type of "logic."
On top of, how can they truly be "logical," or know that they are logical?
In their worldview everything immaterial has to be explained through material means..well then, how do they account for immaterial things that can't be found in nature, like logic? Where is logic growing? Which atoms in our head are "logic?" On top of why is that a universe with no objective purpose (i.e. heat death to all of the universe) should be life permitting? And that the universe should follow immaterial laws that an atheists can't justify like the laws of logic, and gravity?

On top of, they use the terms "free thinker" a lot but that implies that have
choice. In a universe where every
succeeding action comes from a preceding event (material determinism)
there is no true free will, or choice.
Choice within itself is an illusion and is
only the result of molecular anarchy and natural processes.

To me, it looks like atheism can't even get off the ground. What they define within their worldview "logic and reasoning," they can't even get off the ground. Their worldview is truly based upon Socratic ignorance and is philosophically bankrupt. Do they honestly believe this world is created by ancient chemicals, infinite luck, and blind chance? While I'm at it I may wanna bring up morals. First off, morals imply that we have a choice over the opposite (not having morals) which makes no sense because within their worldview there is no choice... Secondly there is no objective, concrete moral framework outside of the brain. In a practical sense, it's not that atheist can't be a good chap, or have some sense of ethics... it's the fact that all morals are a preference and are different from person to person, that's what true moral subjectivity is. The second an atheist tells another human what to do, they are being hypocritical and no longer consistent within their worldview. In short, an intellectually
honest atheist would be a nihilist who
says "I strongly dislike ______. or I prefer __ _______." But how about the ones that use things like evolutionary psychology, or humanism as objective framework?
Well first off evolutionary psychology
only explains what is, not what should
be.

I think i'm done but other than that I
HATE once atheists make the illogical
comparison of God to something like the
Tooth Fairy. What's really funny is if that were true then the disbelief of the tooth fairy would produce stupidity like above but it doesn't. Only disbelief in God makes one that stupid.
Atheist: "Science says it, I believe it, That settles it."to me, I called this "cowardice of an atheist"

1 Corinthians 1:27
But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism by ayogabriel(m): 10:00am On Apr 25, 2015
* you can't just say there is a god because the world is beautiful, you have to account for the bone cancer in children.

* we live in a blue plant that circles around a ball of fire next to a moon, that moves the sea and you don't believe in miracles?

1 Like

Re: Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism by menesheh(m): 10:16am On Apr 25, 2015
malvisguy212:
So I've been thinking lately about the
irony in atheists... and when I mean
atheists, I mean the ones that stick to
their guns, who try to define everything
within a material worldview.
From my experience of dealing with
atheists, I've seen them step into a pool
of ironic stupidity, think of this...
"The chances of gravity ceasing to exists
is 0000000000000000000000000000000000 00000001 %." If it did happen it would
be a miracle.

"The chances of the universe being life
permitting is
. 0000000000000000000000000000000001 %." Yet to them, it isn't a miracle?!?!
I don't understand that type of "logic."
On top of, how can they truly be "logical," or know that they are logical?
In their worldview everything immaterial has to be explained through material means..well then, how do they account for immaterial things that can't be found in nature, like logic? Where is logic growing? Which atoms in our head are "logic?" On top of why is that a universe with no objective purpose (i.e. heat death to all of the universe) should be life permitting? And that the universe should follow immaterial laws that an atheists can't justify like the laws of logic, and gravity?

On top of, they use the terms "free thinker" a lot but that implies that have
choice. In a universe where every
succeeding action comes from a preceding event (material determinism)
there is no true free will, or choice.
Choice within itself is an illusion and is
only the result of molecular anarchy and natural processes.

To me, it looks like atheism can't even get off the ground. What they define within their worldview "logic and reasoning," they can't even get off the ground. Their worldview is truly based upon Socratic ignorance and is philosophically bankrupt. Do they honestly believe this world is created by ancient chemicals, infinite luck, and blind chance? While I'm at it I may wanna bring up morals. First off, morals imply that we have a choice over the opposite (not having morals) which makes no sense because within their worldview there is no choice... Secondly there is no objective, concrete moral framework outside of the brain. In a practical sense, it's not that atheist can't be a good chap, or have some sense of ethics... it's the fact that all morals are a preference and are different from person to person, that's what true moral subjectivity is. The second an atheist tells another human what to do, they are being hypocritical and no longer consistent within their worldview. In short, an intellectually
honest atheist would be a nihilist who
says "I strongly dislike ______. or I prefer __ _______." But how about the ones that use things like evolutionary psychology, or humanism as objective framework?
Well first off evolutionary psychology
only explains what is, not what should
be.

I think i'm done but other than that I
HATE once atheists make the illogical
comparison of God to something like the
Tooth Fairy. What's really funny is if that were true then the disbelief of the tooth fairy would produce stupidity like above but it doesn't. Only disbelief in God makes one that stupid.
Atheist: "Science says it, I believe it, That settles it."to me, I called this "cowardice of an atheist"

1 Corinthians 1:27
But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

Same science Athiestic researches are the backbone of your daily life and dealings.

Your holy book laid unquestionably ideas and you solely believed it; while the questionable, reasoning open and modification allowed science is a bizarre and cowardice thing ever to believe in your own thinking.

Delusion is allow

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism by Nobody: 10:30am On Apr 25, 2015
@op - calm down, don't hurt urself ok? take a glass of water, grin

we are all going to hell in every other religion grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism by kay1one2(m): 10:43am On Apr 25, 2015
menesheh:

Same science Athiestic researches are the backbone of your daily life and dealings.

Your holy book laid unquestionably ideas and you solely believed it; while the questionable, critical reasoning open and modification allowed science is a bizarre and coward thing ever to believe in your own thinking.

Delusion is allow

You can't even create a car and you still rather believe you created yourself! Impressive!
Re: Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism by truthman2012(m): 10:49am On Apr 25, 2015
The fools say in their hearts that there is no God.

Nothing can cause something. What caused the world to existence?

2 Likes

Re: Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism by menesheh(m): 11:08am On Apr 25, 2015
truthman2012:

Since the universe can't exist without something (a supreme creator), who then created the creator or did he existed out of same nothing too; while science is busy unraveling the Chinese puzzles of the existence of the universe and life in it, religious believers are busy ranting without even a single achievement to better the welfare of human.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism by Scholar8200(m): 11:10am On Apr 25, 2015
After years of countless research on earth and in outer space, scientists keep making discoveries and intra-/inter-, interplays between elements in both spheres ;discoveries of which are perfectly reasonable and makes sense. It beats me how all that will be by accident or strange self-arrangement (when some of what is studied are inanimate)! Furthermore, the fact that we need years of research to discover these things underscores how intellectually limited man is.

2 Likes

Re: Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism by harakiri(m): 11:14am On Apr 25, 2015
***same boring over-recycled threads...oh well***

For starters not every freethinker or atheist base their disbelief on scientific findings. In the same vein a lot of deists and theists who profess science agree with these findings so its not an "atheist thing" as you and countless others before you unashamedly paint it to be.

Personally i didnt dump christianity based on some science book or atheist novel i read. I had already given up on religion long before i knew the word "atheist" existed. A book that tells me a grown man can survive in the belly of a fish for THREE DAYS without food,water,oxygen or getting chewed up sounds completely nonsensical. Need i add a man who walks on water,feeds 5000 people with just 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish,resurrects a dead body that has been degutted and embalmed,resurrects after being killed,steals corn from another man's farm and justifies it by terming himself "the lord of the sabbath"etc...the list is endless.

Furthermore i look at religious people around me and i must say this...i have met very very very few that can stand on the same moral grounds with me. A lot of you that come here attacking atheists have little or no moral standing. How many you would report to the bank if N1billion was transferred via error to your account? NONE!!! You would say its the work of god and even give tithes plus testimony on sunday. Some of you reading this are in bed with someone elses wife but so long as you claim you "have christ" you are better off than an atheist right? WRONG!!!

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism by menesheh(m): 11:16am On Apr 25, 2015
kay1one2:

You can't even create a car and you still rather believe you created yourself! Impressive!

You seems naive in the topic here, u mustn't comment if u don't know actually what to say.

What does me building a car got to do with atheism and religious believers holistically

5 Likes

Re: Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism by kay1one2(m): 11:22am On Apr 25, 2015
menesheh:

You seems naive in the topic here, u mustn't comment if u don't know actually what to say.

What does me building a car got to do with atheism and religious believers holistically

Well read my signature and you might get the point!
Re: Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism by kay1one2(m): 11:26am On Apr 25, 2015
harakiri:
***same boring over-recycled threads...oh well***

For starters not every freethinker or atheist base their disbelief on scientific findings. In the same vein a lot of deists and theists who profess science agree with these findings so its not an "atheist thing" as you and countless others before you unashamedly paint it to be.

Personally i didnt dump christianity based on some science book or atheist novel i read. I had already given up on religion long before i knew the word "atheist" existed. A book that tells me a grown man can survive in the belly of a fish for THREE DAYS without food,water,oxygen or getting chewed up sounds completely nonsensical. Need i add a man who walks on water,feeds 5000 people with just 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish,resurrects a dead body that has been degutted and embalmed,resurrects after being killed,steals corn from another man's farm and justifies it by terming himself "the lord of the sabbath"etc...the list is endless.

Furthermore i look at religious people around me and i must say this...i have met very very very few that can stand on the same moral grounds with me. A lot of you that come here attacking atheists have little or no moral standing. How many you would report to the bank if N1billion was transferred via error to your account? NONE!!! You would say its the work of god and even give tithes plus testimony on sunday. Some of you reading this are in bed with someone elses wife but so long as you claim you "have christ" you are better off than an atheist right? WRONG!!!

You're very funny! Do you know the womb of your mother which you survived in for 9months was filled with fluid/"water"?! Amniotic fluid. And you rather doubt someone surviving in the belly of a fish! Have you ever flown?! And you doubt Christ's miracles! Keep doubting. Its not like your offering money was anything to write home about!

2 Likes

Re: Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism by Borrusia: 11:30am On Apr 25, 2015
embarassedEmusmith
Re: Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism by truthman2012(m): 11:31am On Apr 25, 2015
menesheh:

Since the universe can't exist without something (a supreme creator), who then created the creator or did he existed out of same nothing too; while science is busy unraveling the Chinese puzzles of the existence of the universe and life in it hosts, religious believers are busy ranting without even a single achievement to better the welfare of human.

God is not a 'thing' or 'something'. He has no beginning, therefore He has no CAUSE. We began to hear of Him after He created the Universe.

Psalm 90:2
Before the mountains
were brought forth, or
ever thou hadst formed
the earth and the world,
even from EVERLASTING to EVERLASTING, thou art God.

He existed from everlasting.

3 Likes

Re: Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism by menesheh(m): 11:41am On Apr 25, 2015
truthman2012:

God is not a 'thing' or 'something'. He has no beginning, therefore He has no CAUSE. We began to hear of Him after He created the Universe.

That still didn't answer any of the questions but rather did raise more deeper questions how the spy camera monster in the sky aka heaven is, a man or woman, white or black, the looks of the vacuum or void he came from, whether he existed alone or with colleagues etc

1 Like

Re: Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism by johnydon22(m): 11:49am On Apr 25, 2015
truthman2012:

Psalm 90:2
Before the mountains
were brought forth, or
ever thou hadst formed
the earth and the world,
even from EVERLASTING to EVERLASTING, thou art God.

He existed from everlasting.

God has no beginning, but then again you turn around and persist the universe must have a beginning. .

If your god don't have a beginning then it is also right to say the universe have no beginning therefore needs no creator. .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism by truthman2012(m): 11:50am On Apr 25, 2015
menesheh:

That still didn't answer any of the questions but rather did raise more deeper questions how the spy camera monster in the sky aka heaven is, a man or woman, white or black, the looks of the vacuum or void he came from, whether he existed alone or wirh colleagues etc

You want to know His details, pray and let Him reveal Himself to you. If I tell you, you would not believe it. Have a personal relationship with Him.

1 Like

Re: Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism by truthman2012(m): 11:52am On Apr 25, 2015
johnydon22:

God has no beginning, but then again you turn around and persist the universe must have a beginning. .

If your god don't have a beginning then it is also right to say the universe have no beginning therefore needs no creator. .

Is the universe the same as its creator?
Re: Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism by menesheh(m): 11:55am On Apr 25, 2015
truthman2012:

You want to know His details, pray and let Him reveal Himself to you. If I tell you, you would not believe it. Have a personal relationship with Him.

Tell me, i will not disprove it but will rather be skeptical about it until more evidence came forward for me to believe more.

Looking forward....

1 Like

Re: Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism by johnydon22(m): 11:56am On Apr 25, 2015
truthman2012:
Actually a fool says in his heart, but on the contrary we say it with our mouth and type it on nairaland. . so we didn't fall into the foolish category that the foolish bible stipulated. smiley

truthman2012:

No atheist ever claimed nothing caused something. . . But right on the contrary you theists are the ones claiming this.

1. You assume your god was not created therefore pops out of nothing just like that.

2. He creates the universe with just a word (no material therefore nothing) and everything just pops out magically from nothing. .

Now who is claiming something came from nothing?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism by johnydon22(m): 11:57am On Apr 25, 2015
truthman2012:

Is the universe the same as its creator?

You assumed up this creator, since you have no idea how the universe came to be why dont you just say "I don't know" just like i always say.

The universe is material and from ur assertions this ur creator is not material therefore amounts to nothing. .
Re: Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism by johnydon22(m): 12:00pm On Apr 25, 2015
truthman2012:

Let me guess you have been praying to him since how come you dont know any of the details?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism by kay1one2(m): 12:05pm On Apr 25, 2015
johnydon22:

Let me guess you have been praying to him since how come you dont know any of the details?

Seriously the fundamental sin in the world is pride and I give that to you! I hope if and when you have a kid, he/she comes up to you and says you had absolutely nothing to do with his/her existence! Please if you can lemme me get to know about this event which I would consider to be really good news!

1 Like

Re: Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism by johnydon22(m): 12:10pm On Apr 25, 2015
kay1one2:

Seriously the fundamental sin in the world is pride and I give that to you! I hope if and when you have a kid, he/she comes up to you and says you had absolutely nothing to do with his/her existence! Please if you can lemme me get to know about this event which I would consider to be really good news!

With all these crap up there it begs the question.

Which of the gods created the universe allah, horus, yahweh, ea, el and thousand others.

Have any of them ever been proven before or substantiated. . No therefore it remains a claim until proven.

If dangote comes now and claims to be my father (tho none of ur deities ever did, y'all just claiming it for them because a book said so)
i have every right to disbelieve dangote being my father (even tho he is real) until we have a DNA test then it will be PROVEN ... So first we need a proof of any deity you think exists. smiley

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism by harakiri(m): 12:17pm On Apr 25, 2015
kay1one2:

You're very funny! Do you know the womb of your mother which you survived in for 9months was filled with fluid/"water"?! Amniotic fluid. And you rather doubt someone surviving in the belly of a fish! Have you ever flown?! And you doubt Christ's miracles! Keep doubting. Its not like your offering money was anything to write home about!

I try as much as possible to avoid daft posts ladden with emotion...today isnt one of those days.

First you probably didnt make it to your O'levels else you would know the words BELLY and WOMB have nothing in common. Your food goes into your stomach/belly. A baby develops in the womb.You dont have a womb. Fish swallows straight into the stomach NOT womb. Get the book "basic biology for dafts".

Second, if you expect me to believe a man parted the red sea with a stick plus virgins can be impregnated by spirits all because of a book that was and is still used to enslave you and your forefathers...then you are long over due for a brain transplant.

Third...you seem to think everyone who comes is on the same broke a$$ level as yourself. Last time responded on one of your dumb threads you asked if i have a hummer. Now its if i have flown....if thats really you in that picture then i have been flying long before you were born kid...probably long before your parents started dating.

9 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism by kay1one2(m): 12:20pm On Apr 25, 2015
johnydon22:

With all these crap up there it begs the question.

Which of the gods created the universe allah, horus, yahweh, ea, el and thousand others.

Have any of them ever been proven before or substantiated. . No therefore it remains a claim until proven.

If dangote comes now and claims to be my father (tho none of ur deities ever did, y'all just claiming it for them because a book said so)
i have every right to disbelieve dangote being my father (even tho he is real) until we have a DNA test then it will be PROVEN ... So first we need a proof of any deity you think exists. smiley

Yeah like you need proof wind exists or the andromeda galaxy exists without just taking what has been written in the science books of which I am a student. How about that America exists? Everybody utilises belief. Some just rather not put into something that puts them a little below the level they should rightfully be in!
Re: Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism by kay1one2(m): 12:21pm On Apr 25, 2015
harakiri:

I try as much as possible to avoid daft posts ladden with emotion...today isnt one of those days.

First you probably didnt make it to your O'levels else you would know the words BELLY and WOMB have nothing in common. Your food goes into your stomach/belly. A baby develops in the womb.You dont have a womb. Fish swallows straight into the stomach NOT womb. Get the book "basic biology for dafts".

Second, if you expect me to believe a man parted the red sea with a stick plus virgins can be impregnated by spirits all because of a book that was and is still used to enslave you and your forefathers...then you are long over due for a brain transplant.

Third...you seem to think everyone who comes is on the same broke a$$ level as yourself. Last time responded on one of your dumb threads you asked if i have a hummer. Now its if i have flown....if thats really you in that picture then i have been flying long before you were born kid...probably long before your parents started dating.

I bet its only at night with your witchcraft parents! The focus is on survival in fluid!
Re: Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism by johnydon22(m): 12:24pm On Apr 25, 2015
kay1one2:

Yeah like you need proof wind exists or the andromeda galaxy exists
Ironically you too don't doubt the existence of these things too smiley

kay1one2:

without just taking what has been written in the science books of which I am a student. How about that America exists? Everybody utilises belief. Some just rather not put into something that puts them a little below the level they should rightfully be in!

And still you too dont doubt the existence of America. . cheesy atleast we have used a dollar bill before grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism by harakiri(m): 12:27pm On Apr 25, 2015
kay1one2:

I bet its only at night with your witchcraft parents! The focus is on survival in fluid!

...and in that vacuum you call a mind you just made a lot of sense right? Reminds me of a programme called DUMB and DUMBER.

2 Likes

Re: Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism by kay1one2(m): 12:28pm On Apr 25, 2015
johnydon22:
Ironically you too don't doubt the existence of these things too smiley

And still you too dont doubt the existence of America. . cheesy atleast we have used a dollar bill before grin

Enjoy your weekend!
Re: Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism by johnydon22(m): 12:29pm On Apr 25, 2015
kay1one2:

Enjoy your weekend!

Hahahahahahahaha and we also have a hubble imaging of the great andromeda galaxy . . . Can i see a photo of your god then i promise i will believe smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism by truthman2012(m): 12:29pm On Apr 25, 2015
johnydon22:

I do know quite well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Odumeje Is My Guy, He Is Not My Pastor-Micheal Zubby / Jehovah’s Witnesses To Face Trial For Discrimination And Incitement To Hate / There Is No Salvation By Faith Without Works--femi Aribisala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.