Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,630 members, 7,801,820 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:33 AM

Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism (5900 Views)

The Top 10 Lies About Atheism By Nigerians / 10 Common Misconceptions About Atheism / From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism by frank317: 1:28pm On Apr 25, 2015
harakiri:

...and in that vacuum you call a mind you just made a lot of sense right? Reminds me of a programme called DUMB and DUMBER.

And the moment u look at his pix... U realize, there is no point responding to his posts

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism by malvisguy212: 1:34pm On Apr 25, 2015
johnydon22:

Faith, that is where it falls. . . Muslims have faith that allah is real and they are fully convinced of this yet you doubt it, Hindus have faith that Krishna exists and they are fully convinced of this yet you doubt it...

I may claim a black flying diamond rabbit exist and believe with faith, this still doesnt make it true. its just belief and nothing more.

So you see; Having faith in a thing does not make it true. Your faith doesnt even make it probably true, having faith has no wieght on truth at all. Having faith simply means "You will believe anything even if it's not true..
read here, https://www.nairaland.com/2148108/christian-faith-based-upon-evidence
Bible did not encourage us to have blind faith, bible say we should ask question and be fully convinced .let me quote from the thread;
" Christians can be "case makers" precisely
because the Christian faith is an
evidential faith. When we, as Christians,
argue for the truth of the Christian
Worldview, we are not sharing an
opinion. There either is a God, or there is
not. Jesus is that God, or He is not.
Salvation comes through Christ alone (as
Jesus Himself maintained), or it does not.
This is not a matter of opinion, personal
preference or wishful thinking. The
Christian faith is grounded in evidence
that can be assessed and evaluated. The
Christian faith is an evidential faith."

1 Like

Re: Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism by menesheh(m): 1:35pm On Apr 25, 2015
malvisguy212:
nothing create God,He is the first caused, God is a spirit, a spirit do not need matter to exist, the law of caused and effect do not apply to God.

what then can be apply to God

anti matter ugh?
Re: Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism by johnydon22(m): 1:38pm On Apr 25, 2015
malvisguy212:
read here, https://www.nairaland.com/2148108/christian-faith-based-upon-evidence
Bible did not encourage us to have blind faith, bible say we should ask question and be fully convinced .let me quote from the thread;
" Christians can be "case makers" precisely
because the Christian faith is an
evidential faith. When we, as Christians,
argue for the truth of the Christian
Worldview, we are not sharing an
opinion. There either is a God, or there is
not. Jesus is that God, or He is not.
Salvation comes through Christ alone (as
Jesus Himself maintained), or it does not.
This is not a matter of opinion, personal
preference or wishful thinking. The
Christian faith is grounded in evidence
that can be assessed and evaluated. The
Christian faith is an evidential faith."
Lmao. . another of your naive analogies. . am sure i have told you before their is nothing like FAITH in evidence. . .when something is proven its no longer a claim that requires faith to believe but it will be knowledge. a certainty..

4 Likes

Re: Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism by malvisguy212: 1:38pm On Apr 25, 2015
menesheh:

what then can be apply to God

anti matter ugh?
science cannot search for evidence beyond a realm were matter do not exist, if they can, I believe there would be nothing like atheists.
Re: Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism by malvisguy212: 1:40pm On Apr 25, 2015
johnydon22:

Lmao. . another of your naive analogies. . am sure i have told you before their is nothing like FAITH in evidence. . .when something is proven its no longer a claim that requires faith to believe but it will be knowledge. a certainty..
you have no idea what bible teaches about faith.
Re: Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism by kay1one2(m): 1:40pm On Apr 25, 2015
menesheh:

thanks for using the word paraplegic

i saw pretty much evidence to believing in evolution by natural selection than the transcendent

Re: Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism by menesheh(m): 1:42pm On Apr 25, 2015
Re: Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism by Ben1975(m): 1:44pm On Apr 25, 2015
We can never reach a consensus because to a true atheist religious perspectives just don't make logical sense,
and to those who live with true religious paradigms atheism doesn't make any sense.

I have had conversations like this thousands of times and it doesn't do anything other than maybe sway the believes of those who don't have strong religious convictions. It wont make them atheist though, people like those want to believe in a god (agnostics).

Many of the most troublesome people in this world will tell you that god is in there life! How is that possible?
You can be doing wickedness to your fellow man and still tell yourself you have a god?!

millions upon millions of people pray at least once a week for a better country, a better life - yet in the papers all we read about is moral decline, moral decline, moral decline - what god is listening to those prayers then?

It seems that god takes on a different role in each individuals minds.

Atheists believe that if I cannot, see it, touch it, smell it and science can't prove it - it doesn't exist.

Where as religious people have to accept a lot of blind faith. Many times when they say they have had a spiritual experience really its just psychological.

That's up to them - I don't believe in all that

I get really irritated when people who live life in a manner that truly suggests they have a real lack of moral direction tell me to come to their church and be saved...Who is saving you?

2 Likes

Re: Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism by frank317: 1:50pm On Apr 25, 2015
harakiri:

and now he says i have "theories". Have you run out of gas or sonething? Your responses dont add up...kinda seems you're burn out and lacking material.

Hey.... Take easy on the kid. You are going to mess his life up!!

2 Likes

Re: Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism by Nobody: 1:50pm On Apr 25, 2015
truthman2012:

God is not a 'thing' or 'something'. [s]He has no beginning, therefore He has no CAUSE. We began to hear of Him after He created the Universe.

Psalm 90:2
Before the mountains
were brought forth, or
ever thou hadst formed
the earth and the world,
even from EVERLASTING to EVERLASTING, thou art God.

He existed from everlasting.[/s]

interesting, in other words, god is nothing

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism by Ben1975(m): 1:51pm On Apr 25, 2015
People forget that before Christianity and Islam were imposed upon us by foreigners we had different beliefs. We have been in Africa for about 3 million years with out these two religions I don't understand why they are now a necessity for our survival

In fact I would argue that since their arrival there has been more conflict between fellow Africans then there has been in our entire history

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism by frank317: 1:56pm On Apr 25, 2015
truthman2012:

Man or woman? God is a Spirit, not a man or woman. We call Him Father because man is superior in order of creation.

Black or white? Spirits don't have colour as they don't have physical bodies.
Exists alone? No, there are spirits (angels) with Him as ministers. Now there are humans (saints) staying with Him in heaven.

I have to ask... You saw a genderless and colourless being with minister angels around him?

You saw Nothing with angels around him?

Pls in ur own words... Describe what u saw.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism by Nobody: 2:01pm On Apr 25, 2015
harakiri:

I try as much as possible to avoid daft posts ladden with emotion...today isnt one of those days.

First you probably didnt make it to your O'levels else you would know the words BELLY and WOMB have nothing in common. Your food goes into your stomach/belly. A baby develops in the womb.You dont have a womb. Fish swallows straight into the stomach NOT womb. Get the book "basic biology for dafts".

Second, if you expect me to believe a man parted the red sea with a stick plus virgins can be impregnated by spirits all because of a book that was and is still used to enslave you and your forefathers...then you are long over due for a brain transplant.

Third...you seem to think everyone who comes is on the same broke a$$ level as yourself. Last time responded on one of your dumb threads you asked if i have a hummer. Now its if i have flown....if thats really you in that picture then i have been flying long before you were born kid...probably long before your parents started dating.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin i can't stop laughing!!
Re: Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism by plaetton: 2:10pm On Apr 25, 2015
truthman2012:
The fools say in their hearts that there is no God.

Nothing can cause something. What caused the world to existence?

Then what caused god to existence?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism by plaetton: 2:14pm On Apr 25, 2015
kay1one2:

You're very funny! Do you know the womb of your mother which you survived in for 9months was filled with fluid/"water"?! Amniotic fluid. And you rather doubt someone surviving in the belly of a fish! Have you ever flown?! And you doubt Christ's miracles! Keep doubting. Its not like your offering money was anything to write home about!

This incoherent babbling leads to me begin to question your sanity.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism by plaetton: 2:17pm On Apr 25, 2015
truthman2012:

God is not a 'thing' or 'something'. He has no beginning, therefore He has no CAUSE. We began to hear of Him after He created the Universe.

Psalm 90:2
Before the mountains
were brought forth, or
ever thou hadst formed
the earth and the world,
even from EVERLASTING to EVERLASTING, thou art God.

He existed from everlasting.

Interesting.
" god is not a thing or something", and yet he exists?
Ok.
Perhaps you Would rather define God as an IDEA, an abstract Notion?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism by plaetton: 2:19pm On Apr 25, 2015
truthman2012:

Is the universe the same as its creator?

Suppose the universe just IS, with no creator?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism by kay1one2(m): 2:19pm On Apr 25, 2015
plaetton:

This incoherent babbling leads to me begin to question your sanity.

What stops me from questioning yours troll?!
Re: Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism by Ben1975(m): 2:21pm On Apr 25, 2015
You may notice that the more education and or success people have in general the less a god factures in their psychology

There is a reason for this

God seems to be appreciated mostly by people who feel that they have no control over there lives and need an outside being to govern them. Where as if you have made a success of your life and you think logically due to a proper education - that is not a necessity

Look around the world today the most religious people are those who don't have much and never expect to.

Complete blind faith is not for the truly educated mind and unfortunately for many arguments in this thread those who have an educated mind are the people who govern world we live in.

When the truly successful and those who have a truly educated mind want progress they get pro active, where as when we want progress we pray for it. I swear the people who sold these religions to us must be laughing. "These people can't see why they are not making any progress!?"

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism by plaetton: 2:24pm On Apr 25, 2015
harakiri:

I try as much as possible to avoid daft posts ladden with emotion...today isnt one of those days.

First you probably didnt make it to your O'levels else you would know the words BELLY and WOMB have nothing in common. Your food goes into your stomach/belly. A baby develops in the womb.You dont have a womb. Fish swallows straight into the stomach NOT womb. Get the book "basic biology for dafts".

Second, if you expect me to believe a man parted the red sea with a stick plus virgins can be impregnated by spirits all because of a book that was and is still used to enslave you and your forefathers...then you are long over due for a brain transplant.

Third...you seem to think everyone who comes is on the same broke a$$ level as yourself. Last time responded on one of your dumb threads you asked if i have a hummer. Now its if i have flown....if thats really you in that picture then i have been flying long before you were born kid...probably long before your parents started dating.

Lol
This was the same mo.r.on that is asking to show my jamb score as proof that I am intelligent.

Bros, we really have a serious dearth of intelligence and an epidemic of idiocy in this land.
I keep screaming, KEEP RELIGION AWAY FROM YOUNG MINDS.

4 Likes

Re: Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism by plaetton: 2:29pm On Apr 25, 2015
johnydon22:

Hahahahahaha so scientific study automatically becomes an idol? . . . and this dude said he is scientifically inclined. . **Hits hand of forehead** #Sighs. .

isn't it funny how andromeda galaxy is more real and proven than ur supposed sky daddy grin

Yeah, that's same dude that thinks his jamb score is proof of his depth of knowledge and intelligence.

If he ever passed jamb at all, it obvious that he cheated.

1 Like

Re: Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism by Nobody: 2:38pm On Apr 25, 2015
malvisguy212:

The chance that god exist is 1/infinity! I don't need anything to tell me that his existence is impossible.

The numbers you wrote shows that there is a possibility in those claims. Even the biggest of numbers are reached with due diligent counting. The big bang happened 13.8 billions years ago, and life on earth, relatively just started around 3.5 billions years ago, so it took the universe about 10.3 billions years to accommodate life. That to me is no miracle! It is just too slow a process. That is, permutations were happening then. Why did it take this long for an "almighty" creator to perform his "wonders"?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism by frank317: 2:47pm On Apr 25, 2015
plaetton:

Lol
This was the same mo.r.on that is asking to show my jamb score as proof that I am intelligent.

Bros, we really have a serious dearth of intelligence and an epidemic of idiocy in this land.

Its sad... A guy who belives there is a creator being in heaven(which is nowhere BTW), and that being answers his prayers when he talks to himself, and that being has always been existing, and that being decided to create the world after being lonely for a long time, and that being creates the devil and perfect but fallible man, and snakes convinced the perfect man to go against his Almighty creator, and the creator gets angry, jealous and hates sex outside marriage, and the being wants us to love him because he loves us so much, but the being created hell for millions who will not love him back, and one day the being got angry and sent water to destroy the world because of sin but didn't intend to eradicate sin, and the being then decided to send his son, he did this by getting a virgin lady pregnant , and god man child did many wonders but didn't bring cure for malaria or invented a small motorcycle to move around with, not even a small speaker to preach with, and he died on cross for all of us, and he was sacrificed yet he is chilling in heaven (which is nowhere BTW), and this creator being will give us anything one we ask even if our faith is as small as a mustered seed, and this being knows our future and what he knows must come to pass yet he begs us to follow him like he is not sure of the infallible future he sees about us............. Can ask u to bring forth ur certificate?

Hmmm then he must be a clown.

Shouldn't he just believe with faith that u got a masters degree in university of heaven and u are a spiritual professor tying and chatting with a heavingly golden laptop?

3 Likes

Re: Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism by johnydon22(m): 2:49pm On Apr 25, 2015
plaetton:

Yeah, that's same dude that thinks his jamb score is proof of his depth of knowledge and intelligence.

lolzzz cheesy
Re: Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism by malvisguy212: 3:17pm On Apr 25, 2015
theAtheist101:

The chance that god exist is 1/infinity! I don't need anything to tell me that his existence is impossible.

The numbers you wrote shows that there is a possibility in those claims. Even the biggest of numbers are reached with due diligent counting. The big bang happened 13.8 billions years ago, and life on earth, relatively just started around 3.5 billions years ago, so it took the universe about 10.3 billions years to accommodate life. That to me is no miracle! It is just too slow a process. That is, permutations were happening then. Why did it take this long for an "almighty" creator to perform his "wonders"?
The main problem with the question is that it makes some assumptions about God that just aren't true. Many skeptics assume that instant creation demonstrates the power of God more decisively than creation over a period of time. One problem with this assumption is that the element of time is irrelevant to God. In fact, the Bible says that God created time along with the universe. Therefore, God is not bound by time, so that six days, six minutes, or six trillion years mean nothing to Him. It's not like He had to wait around for things to happen, since He is not subject to time.

According to Carl segan a renown scientists ;
The main reason why the earth was not
created until billions of years after the
creation of the universe involves the
nature of the universe at its creation. The
initial Big Bang creation event resulted in
a universe that consisted almost entirely
of hydrogen and helium. Obviously,
rocky planets are not possible in such a
universe. Heavier elements (including
carbon, oxygen and metals) were formed
in the nuclear furnaces of stars (hence
Carl Sagan's famous line, "We are star
stuff."wink. Really large stars burn quickly
and end their lives in spectacular
explosions, which distribute these heavy
elements throughout the local vicinity.
So, rocky planets (and living organisms)
were not even possible during the first
few billion years of the universe's history.
Even now, most stars are metal-poor
compared to our Sun (determined
through spectroscopy). So, the earth was
created at one of the earliest possible
times in the history of our universe.
Although many stars may be surrounded
by planets, rocky planets are likely to be
at least somewhat rare in the universe
(although we are just beginning to collect
data to answer this question).
Re: Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism by malvisguy212: 3:19pm On Apr 25, 2015
plaetton:

greeting to you my atheist friend.
Re: Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism by Borrusia: 3:27pm On Apr 25, 2015
emusmith:

What's wrong?
Please unban my Borrussia account from the strong hands of anti-spambot.
Re: Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism by Nobody: 3:58pm On Apr 25, 2015
malvisguy212:
The main problem with the question is that it makes some assumptions about God that just aren't true. Many skeptics assume that instant creation demonstrates the power of God more decisively than creation over a period of time. One problem with this assumption is that the element of time is irrelevant to God. In fact, the Bible says that God created time along with the universe. Therefore, God is not bound by time, so that six days, six minutes, or six trillion years mean nothing to Him. It's not like He had to wait around for things to happen, since He is not subject to time.

According to Carl segan a renown scientists ;
The main reason why the earth was not
created until billions of years after the
creation of the universe involves the
nature of the universe at its creation. The
initial Big Bang creation event resulted in
a universe that consisted almost entirely
of hydrogen and helium. Obviously,
rocky planets are not possible in such a
universe. Heavier elements (including
carbon, oxygen and metals) were formed
in the nuclear furnaces of stars (hence
Carl Sagan's famous line, "We are star
stuff."wink. Really large stars burn quickly
and end their lives in spectacular
explosions, which distribute these heavy
elements throughout the local vicinity.
So, rocky planets (and living organisms)
were not even possible during the first
few billion years of the universe's history.
Even now, most stars are metal-poor
compared to our Sun (determined
through spectroscopy). So, the earth was
created at one of the earliest possible
times in the history of our universe.
Although many stars may be surrounded
by planets, rocky planets are likely to be
at least somewhat rare in the universe
(although we are just beginning to collect
data to answer this question).

Then I am forced me to ask: who created god? Why is time irrelevant to him, when he definitely used it in the design of the universe?
Is energy also irrelevant to him? How did he come to possess his enormous energy?

Since you believe the statement of Segan, that we are star stuffs. So, do you still believe the creation myth in the bible? Why are the stars he created dying/exploding? Is it a poor design? Where did you get your explanation to the creation of earth and the stars? Was it from the bible? Why did you use astrological findings to explain the universe, instead of the bible?

Now use that same science to prove his existence!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism by harakiri(m): 5:47pm On Apr 25, 2015
plaetton:

Lol

Seconded.
Re: Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism by malvisguy212: 5:58pm On Apr 25, 2015
theAtheist101:

Then I am forced me to ask: who created god? Why is time irrelevant to him, when he definitely used it in the design of the universe?
Is energy also irrelevant to him? How did he come to possess his enormous energy?

Since you believe the statement of Segan, that we are star stuffs. So, do you still believe the creation myth in the bible? Why are the stars he created dying/exploding? Is it a poor design? Where did you get your explanation to the creation of earth and the stars? Was it from the bible? Why did you use astrological findings to explain the universe, instead of the bible?

Now use that same science to prove his existence!
the reason you ask this question is because you see God as a type of superhuman,the bible is not shy to called other creatures gods, why? Because there nature doesent look like the one who can create this universe.

Science cannot look for evidence for God, God created everything including energy but one thing we understand is that a spirit do not need energy to exist, I do not create this thread for argument purpose, what I observ that what I wrote in the op, what I expect you guys to do is to look for fault in the op and tell me but instead, you guys are just saying different things. I am not a scientists but I study science in my secondary school days but due to soo much problems, I drop out, but that doesent mean I can study it online. I want you to rethink again about your faith, believe me my friend, God is telling me that our time on earth is up. thank you for your time
Re: Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism by malvisguy212: 5:59pm On Apr 25, 2015
harakiri:

Seconded.
smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Prayers On Pictures. PMCH June 2018, MFM June 2018. / I Withnessed the Dead Come Back To Life : Pastor feyi daniels / Why Are We Christians Not United? Why The Division?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.