Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,251 members, 7,780,520 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:49 PM

Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder (47485 Views)

Commonwealth Doctors Condemn Buhari’s Medical Trip To London / El Rufai Appoints Bringbackourgirls Founder As Chief Of Staff / SHOCK As #bringbackourgirls Founder Gets A Pat On The Back From Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder by PassingShot(m): 1:11pm On Apr 25, 2015
Mogidi:

Is it morally right to gain from other people's misfortune, knowing the tragedy you championed remained an on going tragedy?

It is morally wrong to gain from their pain.

My position is that she's been a member of CPC and later APC long before the BBOG struggle started.

Anyway, if some people see it as a betrayal, reversing her inclusion in the inauguration committee can always be considered.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder by Mogidi: 1:12pm On Apr 25, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
She got an appointment because she belongs to the same party as Buhari and not because of #BBOG.
They are two different things.

So you knew all along Hadiza was a politician? I thought she was genuinely fighting to #bringbackourgirls, didn't realize there was a "position" attached to it.

But why you carry this matter for your head?

I didn't know posting a topic that makes you uncomfortable would be termed "carrying the matter on my head".

You can do better than the above, you're not paid to post hooey?

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder by Mynd44: 1:13pm On Apr 25, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
She got an appointment because she belongs to the same party as Buhari and not because of #BBOG.
They are two different things.

But why you carry this matter for your head?
Don't get this wrong. She is not a member of APC. She was a member of the defunct CPC which formed part of the APC.

Not everyone from CPC is a member of APC, it is silly to assume that.

She was nominated on merit and people should learn to deal with it

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder by MzJackBaueress(f): 1:15pm On Apr 25, 2015
Mogidi:

Is it morally right to gain from other people's misfortune, knowing the tragedy you championed remained an on going tragedy?
So are you telling me she was appointed because of #BBOG? If it were Oby Ezekwesili who does not belong to any political party,I would have been on your side to condemn the appointment.

I see nothing wrong in appointing Hadiza Usman. Deal with it!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder by Mynd44: 1:16pm On Apr 25, 2015
Mogidi:

So you knew all along Hadiza was a politician? I thought she was genuinely fighting to #bringbackourgirls, didn't realize there was a "position" attached to it.

I didn't know posting a topic that makes you uncomfortable would be termed "carrying the matter on my head".

You can do better than the above, you're not paid to post hooey?
To you, people cannot want good without an end game right? I guess next you will accuse her of kidnapping the girls.

This madness wont have gotten to this level if our security agencies had gotten the girls back yet you sit at home and criticise someone who has spent her time trying to raise awareness about this girls

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder by Gbraphael: 1:16pm On Apr 25, 2015
Making a mountain out of a molehill.
Re: Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder by Mogidi: 1:17pm On Apr 25, 2015
PassingShot:

It is morally wrong to gain from their pain.

My position is that she's been a member of CPC and later APC long before the BBOG struggle started.

[size=15pt]Anyway, if some people see it as a betrayal, reversing her inclusion in the inauguration committee can always be considered.[/size]

That would be a good move by Buhari and his people.
The message I got from her getting appointed was, she paid lip service to the tragedy, her real objective was to get an appointment etc.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder by ziryboy(m): 1:18pm On Apr 25, 2015
Mogidi:
When PDP supporters said #bringbackourgirls founder was working for Buhari few people believed us.
Here is pictorial evidence (below this post) she fought electoral positions under Buhari's CPC.
Its now rumoured she'd be appointed (together with Oby ) as members of Buhari's inauguration commitee.
I believe every good worker should be adequately compensated or rewarded by their employers. Am not against Buhari rewarding loyalist like Hadiza or Oby, what I abhor was the impression these two women were fighting to bring back those girls.
If their fight was for the girls, considering the girls are yet to be found, why are they being rewarded?

There is a higher court than court of justice and that is the court of conscience. It supersedes all other courts.
In the court of conscience this woman failed woefully, seeking political appointment using the kidnapped girls tragedy.

#BringBackOurGirls Plc, a subsidiary of @APCNigeria Plc, receiving DIVIDENDS from its parent company

[size=15pt]
CHECK IMAGE BELOW FOR HER INVOLVEMENT WITH BUHARI'S CPC[/size]

Buhari could have nominate your father instead

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder by PassingShot(m): 1:20pm On Apr 25, 2015
Mogidi:

That would be a good move by Buhari and his people.
The message I got from her getting appointed was, she paid lip service to the tragedy, her real objective was to get an appointment etc.

That's what I don't agree with. She wasn't sure GMB would win. No one was.
And without her effort with BBOG, she could have gotten an appointment from GMB.
Re: Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder by MzJackBaueress(f): 1:21pm On Apr 25, 2015
Mynd44:

Don't get this wrong. She is not a member of APC. She was a member of the defunct CPC which formed part of the APC.

could you please explain the bold?
Re: Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder by Mogidi: 1:22pm On Apr 25, 2015
Mynd44:

To you, people cannot want good without an end game right? I guess next you will accuse her of kidnapping the girls.

This madness wont have gotten to this level if our security agencies had gotten the girls back yet you sit at home and criticise someone who has spent her time trying to raise awareness about this girls

She spent her time wanting the girls released without telling us she contested under CPC. The kidnapped thing is suspect when you check the facts and events surrounding it. Why is she being rewarded, has the girls been found?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder by MalcoImX: 1:23pm On Apr 25, 2015
Mogidi:

Try reading the posted article before commenting.
He doesn't have to read anything. Even the Ogbeh who was quoted criticizing later apologized. So, she should just stay at home, eat food and not accept anything because she is a supporter of Buhari and had contested under CPC.

Well done Mr. Mogidi!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder by Mynd44: 1:24pm On Apr 25, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
could you please explain the bold?
Was Tunde Bakare a member of CPC?

Is he a member of APC?

Is every member of the old Alliance for democracy members of APC? When CPC joined ACN to form APC, not every member of CPC joined APC. When she said she has never been a member of APC, the woman was right.
Re: Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder by Mogidi: 1:25pm On Apr 25, 2015
PassingShot:

And without her effort with BBOG, she could have gotten an appointment from GMB.

You must agree she shored up her credentials because of the hatchet job she did against GEJ with #BBOG.

grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder by Mogidi: 1:26pm On Apr 25, 2015
Mynd44:

Was Tunde Bakare a member of CPC?

Is he a member of APC?

Is every member of the old Alliance for democracy members of APC? When CPC joined ACN to form APC, not every member of CPC joined APC. When she said she has never been a member of APC, the woman was right.

Who leads her faction of CPC?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder by Mynd44: 1:27pm On Apr 25, 2015
Mogidi:

She spent her time wanting the girls released without telling she contested under CPC. The kidnapped thing is suspect when you check the facts and events surrounding it. Why is she being rewarded, has the girls been found?
You people keep running around in circles. They kidnap thing is suspicious abi? The government of Nigeria has a duty to unravel this mystery...have they done that?

Instead the combination of our military and civilian leaders have been throwing incoherent BS around from how the military claimed to have rescued some to some members of the government saying none was missing

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder by Mynd44: 1:28pm On Apr 25, 2015
Mogidi:

Who leads her faction of CPC?
Does the CPC still exist?

Just because she was a member of CPC means she joined APC right? You are so smart

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder by MalcoImX: 1:31pm On Apr 25, 2015
Mogidi:

No one told you its morally wrong to gain from other people's misfortune eh?
And you think it's the BBOG that qualified her?
Re: Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder by Mogidi: 1:32pm On Apr 25, 2015
Mynd44:

Does the CPC still exist?

Just because she was a member of CPC means she joined APC right? You are so smart

If she was a politician contesting under CPC, one would rightly assume she joined APC since CPC merged to form APC.

Because she didn't win the election she contested for doesn't mean she wasn't active in APC locally.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder by socialmediaman: 1:34pm On Apr 25, 2015
Mogidi

Can you please provide me with some link showing that you gave at anytime or presently give a freaking f**k about those missing girls? What's now your interest in this woman's decision to join the opposition party? If she has betrayed anyone, it's neither you nor any of those PDP propaganda tools, it's those who joined her in that fight. To the best of my knowledge none of them has said she betrayed them. In fact, the fact that she didn't compromise with the outgoing government makes her outstanding and if the Buhari government were to be seen as a movement to bring justice to Nigeria and Nigerians, then she has every moral standing to join them. Let me remind you that the G34 movement germinated into what we know as the PDP today before the inception of democracy in 1999

This woman deserves a life, even Nelson Mandela had to join a party to become president, did that stop him from being a freedom fighter? Even Wole Soyinka condemned GEJ for his silence in the abduction, did that mean he was working for GMB, or that he shouldn't be affiliated with a party he believed in?

To the best of knowledge, this woman has done nothing wrong. Being a freedom fighter does not bar her from being in politics.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:36pm On Apr 25, 2015
PassingShot:

grin grin grin grin
Defending buhari must be an arduous task bro...hehehehe

So if she accepts the appointment today, what will happen to the campaign...Who will continue? Are the girls back?...

Yes, they knew if they discredited Jonathan with that script probably, they will do much harm to his reelection bid hence they brought out all atrocious stuff in their cabin...Chibok saga is replete with so many questions that even Shettima isn't free from this conspiracy...

Today, buhari is rewarding them for a job welldone...wahala dey for this place...

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder by Mynd44: 1:37pm On Apr 25, 2015
Mogidi:

If she was a politician contesting under CPC, one would rightly assume she joined APC since CPC merged to form APC.

Because she didn't win the election she contested for doesn't mean she wasn't active in APC locally.
Stop saying things you don't know
Re: Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder by stronger: 1:37pm On Apr 25, 2015
I have said it many times. . . These TANoids are going to die of massive heart attacks very soon. I'll be praying for them. Please don't kill yourselves. We need you to be alive and see how GMB will transform Nigeria and put you all to shame.

They are so PAINED, it's pathetic.

(1) Hadiza Bala Usman has always been in politics. She never denied being a member of (1st the CPC and then) the APC.

(2) Is the deluded Mogidi and "broken times" saying that she shouldn't have spoken up for her daughters because she is a politician? How twisted do you have to be to think that? My daughter is kidnapped and I'll keep quiet at your god (GEJ)'s incompetence so you won't accuse me of partisanship??

(3) She has been called to serve a govt by a party she has always been a part of. Only the PDP TAnoids will see this as a reward because they've always seen govt work as an opportunity to feed their fat bellies so they can't imagine anyone doing it selflessly.

(4) There will be more appointments of GOOD PEOPLE! PDP TANoids, get ready to have heart attacks if you don't like it. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder by MalcoImX: 1:40pm On Apr 25, 2015
Mogidi:

Dino Melaye and Shehu Sani are in the National Assembly.
Re: Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 1:46pm On Apr 25, 2015
In other Countries, the organizers of BBOG would've being protesting against Bokoharam which Hadiza Bala never did but concentrated on lambasting the Government and portraying the country and the regime as evil.

Little did we know that she has ulterior politically motivated assignment.

It was all about the extended conspiracy to bring down the government by stage managing a sponsored kidnap of 273 chibok girls.

The suspects include:

1. Chibok Girls School principal and vice.
2. Gov. Shettima
3. Mrs Hadiza Bala
4. More to be revealed

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder by Mogidi: 1:47pm On Apr 25, 2015
MalcoImX:
Dino Melaye and Shehu Sani are in the National Assembly.

Buhari hasn't rewarded Dino Melaye or Shehu Sani, he has however rewarded Hadiza.
My point is, no one knew she was an APC member (she contested under CPC).
We all thought she genuinely cared about the girls not knowing it was all lip service.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:48pm On Apr 25, 2015
Mynd44:

You see when people make comments like "Rewarded for BBOG"I can't help but wonder what the person is up to.
Only PDP apologists consider calling you to serve under a government as a reward rather than an invitation to serve the country because the party has been sitting deeply in corruption and enrichment on public funds.
The woman has said she has never been a member of the APC. Do you have evidence to the contrary? Os the CPC APC?
Are you trying to tell me that every member of the Old CPC are members of the APC? Take Tunde Bakare as an example. If that is true, then every member of AD should be a member of APC but AD is also a political party.
I don't understand why you people love to just jam talk. What has her asking the inept government of President Jonathan to rescue 219 girls that were kidnapped has to do with politics? If we can remember well, it was the PDP that turned it into politics. See picture below.
You people need to argue with a little bit more sincerity and some level of intelligence so we don't put you in the same basket as Fani Kayode and Sarah Palin

1)If it is about service, why is Tinubu and others fighting over such leadership?
2)Why did buhari allow for shedding of innocent blood by his followers if it is merely service for him? Do you serve me by force
3)Why not advocate service without payment since it is about service to us and not a rewarding venture?...Let them do it without salaries and allowances...
4)So who will continue with the campaign now or are the girls back...
5)If they love the girls sincerely without any political undertone; would they feed off the blood of the innocents
6)If there were no ulterior motives in that bbog campaign; don't you think they should rather be intensifying the campaign now to push new government to bring the supposed change of rescuing the girls as promised by them

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder by baybeeboi: 1:52pm On Apr 25, 2015
Mynd44:

Hadiza Bala Usman
@hadizabalausman I have NEVER denied being a member of APC. I

have been political and will always be political but
standing up someone's pain is in my DNA
12:08 PM - 23 Apr 2015

https://mobile.twitter.com/hadizabalausman?p=s

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder by Mogidi: 1:52pm On Apr 25, 2015
APC chieftain Audu Ogbeh mistakenly disclosed #bbog was a wing in the APC

Here's Audu saying sorry for the monumental gaffe.
APC’s Audu Ogbeh apologises over #BringBackOurGirls gaffe
A leader of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Audu Ogbeh, on Tuesday apologised to the BringBackOurGirls campaigners for insinuating that the group is an appendage of the APC.

Mr. Ogbeh, had during the former Head of State, Muhammadu Buhari’s declaration for the APC presidential ticket, extolled the group for its selfless campaign to secure the release of the over 200 Chibok girls abducted by Boko Haram insurgence over six months ago.

“We believe that one day; they (Chibok girls) will be reunited with their children even though those children have seen a lot of trauma,” Mr Ogbeh had said.

He also said the group’s leaders are members of the APC.

“We commend the #BringBackOurGirls movement led by members of this party; we thank them for their commitment to Nigeria because they remain the only living evidence that Nigeria has a conscience.

“We hear that the Federal Government wants to take them to court, let the courtroom be large enough to accommodate all of us when they sue them,” he concluded.

Following Mr. Ogbeh’s statements, many Nigerians lashed out at Mr. Ogbeh and APC, saying the party was attempting to make political gains out of the girls’ misfortune.

The presidency said the comments merely confirmed its belief that the protest group was politically-motivated to undermine President Goodluck Jonathan’s government.

Presidential spokesperson, Reuben Abati, in a tweet on Thursday said the group and the party are merely politicizing Nigeria’s collective agony to score political points.

“Our longstanding view of BBOG movement’s hidden agenda to unseat the Jonathan administration received full Justification yesterday.

“Roles played by Dino Melaye and the presence of BBOG’s initiator Hadiza Usman at Buhari’s declaration is proof of their true aim of politicising the agony of the Chibok girls and their families.

“This is now fully apparent, the true agenda and prime movers of BBOG movement,” Mr. Abati said.

Referring to APC chieftains as #BringBackOurGirls activists, Mr. Abati urged Nigerians to reject the group’s “political partisanship and unjustifiable” bashing of the Nigerian President, Goodluck Jonathan.

In her reaction, Ms. Usman lampooned the presidency for attempting to discredit the group on the basis that some of its members belong to the APC.

In a two-page reaction, the initiator of the #BringBackOurGirls campaign confirmed her membership of the APC but denounced the insinuation that the group is political.

Ms. Usman stated, “Let’s be clear, when I worked to mobilize women, men, and Nigerians at large to come out on April 30th to protest that the government should intensify efforts to #BringBackOurGirls, I did so not as an APC member, but first as a human being, as a woman, a mother, a Nigerian and an African.

“It was never about politics or my political affiliations; it was rather about our shared humanity as human beings.

“As a mother, I have experienced the trauma of not knowing where my child is for few minutes; does it then surprise many why I would be moved to act on behalf of mothers who are yet to see their daughters for over 189 days after?”

Ms. Usman said members of the group are concerned citizens who are interested in the unity and development of the country.

She noted that those who appreciate the role an educated girl-child would play in the nation’s development would readily support the campaign to free the abducted girls.

“That these girls dared education in the face of terrorism, intimidation, insecurity, and other life-threatening circumstances, is a rare display of courage, doggedness, and hope.

“This is why I, alongside other #BringBackOurGirls campaigners, daily advocate to make sure these girls are not forgotten, but that they come home to contribute their quota to national development.”

But Mr. Ogbe in a letter dated October 20 and addressed to the leaders of the #BringBackOurGirls group, offered apologies for his earlier statements.

“I feel obliged to let you know that my statement at our function last week was not intended to paint your group as an APC sub-group.

“This is because, from what we now know, less than two percent of the group are our party members, but members we value highly.

“The rest of you are and may not even belong to any political association whatsoever; this is not to say that you have no right to be if you choose to.

“If my statement caused you discomfort, I do apologise, but reiterate that I have nothing but respect and admiration for you for keeping a six-month vigil and telling the world that the Nigerian conscience is not totally dead.”

The APC chieftain noted that the world is watching Nigeria and making judgment while wishing the #BringBackOurGirls campaigners God’s blessing and protection.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 1:55pm On Apr 25, 2015
Mynd44:

Can we know your indices for this meritoriogy?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder by MalcoImX: 1:55pm On Apr 25, 2015
Mogidi:

Buhari hasn't rewarded Dino Melaye or Shehu Sani, he has however rewarded Hadiza.
My point is, no one knew she was an APC member (she contested under CPC).
We all thought she genuinely cared about the girls not knowing it was all lip service.
My point is, they are APC politicians, who have been visible in BH issues and the BBOG campaigns.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:55pm On Apr 25, 2015
Mynd44:

Stop saying things you don't know

Plz oga! is there any evidence she quit politics or didn't join APC with buhari...Because all available evidence show she was covertly running the campaign in lieu of political reward as it is today since she's being a real politician tongue

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State / Joe Igbokwe Reacts To Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Over NYSC Certificate Scandal / Buhari With Amaechi, Fayemi Arrive NewYork For UN 70th Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.