Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,983 members, 7,806,870 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:33 AM

Down The Memory Lane - 1 - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Down The Memory Lane - 1 (2568 Views)

A Trip Down Uniben Lane ( Part 10 ) / A Trip Down Uniben Lane Part 7 / Tumblr Celebrates Diary Of The Memory Keeper @ 4 Today! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Down The Memory Lane - 1 by AlienStar: 12:13pm On Apr 28, 2015
Thanks for d invite, sorry i came l8!
ds story is really interesting n funny, it's really taking me down d memory lane!
Re: Down The Memory Lane - 1 by Nobody: 12:20pm On Apr 28, 2015
Wow yea its really down the memory lane
Re: Down The Memory Lane - 1 by fhunn: 5:47pm On Apr 28, 2015
Mescopaul:
grin its a "Lane" this time around grin

ledendary lane is more like it
Re: Down The Memory Lane - 1 by Mescopaul(m): 1:44pm On May 05, 2015
Sorry guys for the delay, i was out of the social world for reasons beyond my control ...
So were did i stop ??
Re: Down The Memory Lane - 1 by Mescopaul(m): 2:36pm On May 05, 2015

Our maths teacher, a man alwayss with his glassses, was a "terrible" man. He had his own method and pattern of punishment, and it was hilarious and dangerous. He had no time for play or non-sense, nether did he have time for flogging or shouting. I don't really know he knew the subject very well, because I vividly remembered him trying to solve a question in the aptitude test booklet he which he always uses while teaching. He actually solved and resolved a particular question, still he got the wrong answer. He solved it again, and again, and again. He paused staired blankly at the blackboard, then he wiped the board clean, and started all over again, and at this junction we all burst out laughing. He hardly noticed our laughter, he simply said,
"I'll check this question again, and try it later. Good day."

With that he walked away as we laughed on. He cared less about our laughter, but he hates it when we disobey his instructions. Normally he would come to our class, and instead of teaching us separately (A & B), he would always combine us together in one class, and it was our class that has to go over to join the other class, they never come over to join us, and we were all tired of going over to the other class to recieve our maths lectures. We complained, but it seemed as if we were talking to the air. So he came on a particular day.

"Sir we have maths"
"Yes, join the other class here"
"Sir, let them come over , let them join us here, let them .....we are the only...."

As if he didn't hear what we were saying he repeated absent mindedly.

"Join the other class for mathematics"
Then he went over to the other class and started teaching immediately. Some of us lingered about, while others totally decided not to join the other class, because we have to start carrying our seats, and oh! we were tired of that ...
We lingered on, still grumbling and complaining, as the lessons went on in the next class. Then slowly our complainings turned into jokes, and laughter began erupting, and the noise of voices grew steadily. We totally forgot that we were supposed to be in the next class learning Mathematics. Then suddenly without warning Mr Maths dashed in from the door leading to the next class were he was teaching. He said nothing, rather he moved to the nearest wooden stool, picked it up and hurled it at us, picked another, and again hurled it at us. Pandemonium broke out. Students ran in different angles as Mr Maths' misseles flew round the class, he was hurling at us items ranging from wooden stools, plastic stools, planks, logs of broken wood and other hard weapon he could find in the class. Those that tried to run past him through the door, Mr Maths targeted his misseles at them, and i'm sure he must have gotten many or some of them, i really don't know because the rest of us located the nearest window, and like cats we leapt over the windows, and guess what we were doing : laughing!

When the class was deserted , Mr Maths went back to the other class and continued his teaching as if he was not the one hurling wooden stools at us a few minutes ago. One after the other we took our books and sneaked into his class, ready to learn. This was Mr Maths' method of punishment, and it was hilarious and very dangerous. My sister in the senior class told me of how this same Mr Maths took up heavy wooden stools and hurled them at her and her classmates when they came late for his lectures. So much from Mr Maths...
Re: Down The Memory Lane - 1 by Mescopaul(m): 2:39pm On May 05, 2015
Do i still have an audience
Re: Down The Memory Lane - 1 by Feyikemi12(f): 5:49pm On May 05, 2015
This update is really funny ......nice one bro

1 Like

Re: Down The Memory Lane - 1 by Missmossy(f): 9:41pm On May 05, 2015
Really nice, kudos.
Re: Down The Memory Lane - 1 by handmaid: 8:35am On May 08, 2015
@ op..I saw the invite laat night, thanks. Would be back to read.
Re: Down The Memory Lane - 1 by Mescopaul(m): 9:19am On May 09, 2015
handmaid:
@ op..I saw the invite laat night, thanks. Would be back to read.
Welcome my handmaid grin
Re: Down The Memory Lane - 1 by Nobody: 2:35pm On May 09, 2015
lots of laugh...
Re: Down The Memory Lane - 1 by fhunn: 9:58pm On Jun 01, 2015
Mescopaul..............shey your memory don cast......
Re: Down The Memory Lane - 1 by Mescopaul(m): 1:40pm On Jun 14, 2015
lol noo
the thing be say to type for andriod na war. after i buy my nokia java i go continue..meanwhile read more on my blog
www.mvjafrica..com

thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sex Seduction By Igwe / List Of Phobias---- The Fears Glossary / Free Upwork Connects For Those Who Need It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.