Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,263 members, 7,780,585 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:58 PM

Type Of Oil To Use In Small I Better Pass My Nieghnour Gen - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Type Of Oil To Use In Small I Better Pass My Nieghnour Gen (2027 Views)

4 Tricks Mechanics Use In Extorting Money From Car Owners / What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? / What's D Best Oil To Service Sienna Engine. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Type Of Oil To Use In Small I Better Pass My Nieghnour Gen by mexzony: 1:00pm On Apr 25, 2015
I am just wondering the best type of oil to use in these type of generator to prevent engine damage.
I purchased a 20w/50 oil but heard it may not be the right choice but in Nigeria that seems to be what's available.
Re: Type Of Oil To Use In Small I Better Pass My Nieghnour Gen by abatically(m): 3:54pm On Apr 25, 2015
20w50 not right for small gen? Then try Mobil 1 5w20 grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Type Of Oil To Use In Small I Better Pass My Nieghnour Gen by Stylz69(m): 4:46pm On Apr 25, 2015
Any engine oil with API classification of SF or more. Most petrol stations stock this in 1 litre bottles. They'll usually be SAE 40.
Re: Type Of Oil To Use In Small I Better Pass My Nieghnour Gen by Readonee35L(m): 7:37pm On Apr 25, 2015
Generators use same engine oil type as motorcycles

they use 10w-30 ...
...if i try using 20w-50 in my Gen ... it sounds different like its working with force... because the oil is too thick ..and it is difficult to circulate

infact my gen lasts for a long time b4 the piston and rings get worned out..
but ppl treat Generators with 0 or no knowledge ... infact i read my Generatos manual...

(1) (Reply)

Please Advice About Opel Vectra B 1996 / Please Advice, I need a car for N30,000, I earn N5,000 a Month. / 10 Steps To Take In Buying The Used Car YOU Want.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.