Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,458 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:12 PM

Durable Suv - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Durable Suv (13548 Views)

2018 Mercedes-maybach G650 Landaulet Is The Most Expensive SUV Ever Made / 7 Reasons Nigerians Will Buy This N160m 2017 Bentley Bentayga SUV. / 2015 Porsche Macan: The Cutest SUV On Nigerian Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Durable Suv by rainmaker12(m): 4:07pm On May 05, 2015
auhanson:

Kposa to you for that repentant mind. Benz is good for Bnez lovers Jap mobile is ok too for Jap mobile lovers, hence different strokes for different folks

Back on course, Op no vex...Range Rover sport is one car i like so much , even though i'm not an advocate of an suv.
Range Rover is a strong durable suv, its a premium vehicle and you know what that means? It also has her attending issues just like any other premium vehicle, but thanks to God that our Mech has been able to overcome it in naija and makes life cheaper for your cars.That is if you were to buy from 2003 model down, but from 2003 up , gird you loin strong, of course you must have known your financial status before you go for such

To make things clearer in our own language, take a leap from here, for instance if you are in 300k income bracket, you could comfortably own a 2003 down Range Rover machine. It gives you that aura , respect and driving piece to match any terrain with your social status.

If you prefer another loaded performer of same category and class with status, then go for the Benz GL suv, with a little less maintenance cost than the range

But if you just want an suv to elevate your profile, and for point a and b, you may go for Prado, Toyota land Cruiser or Amarda etc , the choice is yours, depending on what you are looking for

N/B i mention these cars because they can be handle here in Naija by our mech
Nice one, tankz for being straight to the point.
Re: Durable Suv by DGD1(m): 7:25pm On May 05, 2015
auhanson:

Kposa to you for that repentant mind. Benz is good for Bnez lovers Jap mobile is ok too for Jap mobile lovers, hence different strokes for different folks

Back on course, Op no vex...Range Rover sport is one car i like so much , even though i'm not an advocate of an suv.
Range Rover is a strong durable suv, its a premium vehicle and you know what that means? It also has her attending issues just like any other premium vehicle, but thanks to God that our Mech has been able to overcome it in naija and makes life cheaper for your cars.That is if you were to buy from 2003 model down, but from 2003 up , gird you loin strong, of course you must have known your financial status before you go for such

To make things clearer in our own language, take a leap from here, for instance if you are in 300k income bracket, you could comfortably own a 2003 down Range Rover machine. It gives you that aura , respect and driving piece to match any terrain with your social status.

If you prefer another loaded performer of same category and class with status, then go for the Benz GL suv, with a little less maintenance cost than the range

But if you just want an suv to elevate your profile, and for point a and b, you may go for Prado, Toyota land Cruiser or Amarda etc , the choice is yours, depending on what you are looking for

N/B i mention these cars because they can be handle here in Naija by our mech

lolz,
OP take note of the word PREMIUM used in the advice from this my brother.
it is sweet to drive a range, but if it starts to ride you....deris godwuo.
Re: Durable Suv by benzmatic: 1:56pm On May 22, 2015
this is another epic head to head thread on nl auto section. It reminds me the classic battle btw youngboss and trac, of blessed memory. Lol. Then it was about bmw against benz i.e intra Germany, i think it was on the thread about fastest speed... Well, the argument about Germany or Japan will be with us for a long time. Me, I love my benz, though i hold no grudge against the Japs.To each man his own. Keep it up guys.
Re: Durable Suv by praxisnetworks: 9:15pm On May 22, 2015
benzmatic:
this is another epic head to head thread on nl auto section. It reminds me the classic battle btw youngboss and trac, of blessed memory. Lol. Then it was about bmw against benz i.e intra Germany, i think it was on the thread about fastest speed... Well, the argument about Germany or Japan will be with us for a long time. Me, I love my benz, though i hold no grudge against the Japs.To each man his own. Keep it up guys.
lomomike
eyop
@bolded?
Re: Durable Suv by Eyop: 9:17pm On May 22, 2015
praxisnetworks:

lomomike
eyop
@bolded?

Meaning he's no longer active on Nairaland.
Re: Durable Suv by benzmatic: 3:31am On May 23, 2015
right, I meant that I hardly saw any of his technical contributions to nl in recent times.
Re: Durable Suv by benzmatic: 3:50am On May 23, 2015
see this review for an example of the Germany or Japan contest, then decide if it's true.

Lexus LS430
Hey, Hans, bad news. Here come those guys from Japan again.

Oct 2000 By FRED M.H. GREGORY Photography By DAVID DEWHURST

ROAD TEST
Some automakers are forever describing their new but utterly ordinary cars as "revolutionary" or "world-class" or "setting a new standard." Such hyperbole, regularly ginned up by shameless proles in the promotion department, have reduced these words of grand praise to hollow drivel. But once in a great while the hyperbole turns out to be true. Which seems to be the case, in many respects, with the new Lexus LS430.

Ten years ago, the first generation of this car, the LS400, permanently changed -- dare we say revolutionized -- the big-spender end of the MARKET. Before Lexus came along, the Germans were riding a reputation of design and engineering infallibility stretching back to the '60s, a myth they leveraged into a monopoly of the luxury-car trade. But as happens with monopolists, they became arrogant and complacent, raising prices to nose-bleed altitudes with impunity and getting by with incremental upgrades to their cars from year to year rather than keeping them up to date with timely redesigns. In effect, they were telling their customers, "Hey, if you're going to quibble, go somewhere else."

Then along came Lexus, and suddenly there was a someplace else. The Japanese company forced the German automakers, Mercedes-Benz in particular, into painful reforms that ended careers and buried long-held illusions of invincibility.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/lexus-ls430-road-test

Personally, I think the Jap guys have been quite under-rated. for one thing though, they really do splash a lot of tech on their cars at an affordable price. take the lexus rx models for example. Some come with swivelling headlamps, sat nav with reverse cam, adaptive suspension and so on, yet the price would pale in comparison to a similar priced German. next buy I think I'll go for a lexus, though i dislike SUVs and crossovers, so i'll be trying a sedan.
Re: Durable Suv by pappyshun(m): 6:12pm On May 24, 2015
Auto gurus in the house should please help a friend of mine who intends buying a Mitsubishi Outlander 04 due to his budget with useful advice on the aforementioned CUV. His fears are if this CUV is worth buying considering the nature of our roads and availabilty of professionals whenever the vehicle develops any issue.The engine strength , ruggedness, comfortability and fuel efficiency is also a factor to be addressed.Feel free to contribute to enable him make a positive decision
Re: Durable Suv by Nobody: 5:10am On Aug 16, 2017

MRSP for a 2015 toyota land cruiser 5.7L V8 4WD is approx $80,000 brand new convert with NGN190=$1 you'll get NGN15,200,000

Good old days grin
Re: Durable Suv by Nobody: 11:14am On Aug 17, 2017
Re: Durable Suv by erico2k2(m): 11:18am On Aug 17, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Good old days grin
you here ahahahaah grin grin grin grin
Re: Durable Suv by Nobody: 12:02pm On Aug 17, 2017
chucky234:
Forget online review, I used the Supercharged ( www.nairaland.com/2043329/sold-2008-09-range-rover ) and didn't change a thing till I sold it except for the fairly used side mirror I got in Ladipo for just 15k when a tipper crashed the passenger side mirror.
The car inform you of any fixes or servicing when due.
The 15k I quoted is for toks mirror since Ladipo and Iyana Itire is where majority of us get parts for our repairs.
Oga pls why did you sell it for half the price they you bought it if it was that reliable or did the fuel consumption scare you away?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Nigerian Drivers Should Have At The Back Of Their Mind / Top 10 Most Valuable Auto Brands Of 2017 / These Are Signs That Tell You It's Time To Change The Engine Air Filter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.